|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Phyrexia (MBP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Destroy all artifacts.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||ironax , TheAlmostHero , the.beanpole , Spinalripper , LegendDeer , XxCataclysmiCxX , geazykagar , Swamy , slemulv , Unlife , MoJoMiXuP , tragic_slip , Lindough , Kravian , L4DMalus , TehDelta , Vergil_Redgrail , thetechzombie , Vasbear1 , electrolynx , Wolfebladeelite|
|Want (12)||BringerOfStorms , gamerhat , psoliver , buildingadeck , Skwarka , philktoken8998 , agmitter , Dave , jbriedis , RobotFishTaco , Exiled_soul , afumblez|
Creeping Corrosion Discussion
1 week ago
First, the deck looks really fun. A few thoughts though, in no particular order:
- Land Destruction is not a wincon. If it's working for you, that's awesome. But I worry that 1x Thrun, 1x Nissa, and 1x Strombreath may not be enough to actually close out the game.
- Your mana- and dork-base would benefit a little from -3x Forest, -1x Birds of Paradise, +3x Green Fetchlands (Windswept Heath are the least expensive, but any of them are fine). Because the Fetches allow us to grab Stomping Ground as well, they give us a slightly better chance of getting the 2R we need to cast Blood Moon on Turn 2, which would allow you to drop a Bird for something better in the late game. Here's a piece on our Ponza Mana Simulator if you'd like to play with the numbers yourself.
- I like Ancient Grudge better than Artifact sweepers, personally. But if your meta demands sweepers, Shatterstorm is strictly better than Creeping Corrosion.
- Unless your meta is just overrun with Tron and Titanshift, 4x Crumble to Dust may be excessive. Surgical Extraction is another similar(ish) option, which is great in other match-ups as well.
Also, I TOTALLY get the desire to make a deck competitive "without necessarily carbon copying someone else's card list", but I always recommend starting with other lists and then tweaking (sometimes drastically) to fit our meta and playstyle. If you haven't already, I'd strongly recommend looking at these:
- The Eternal Witness + Primal Command softlock is GREAT, especially with Stampeding Wildebeests/Stampeding Serow. But the Serow has seen play in exactly one Competitive Modern deck, so I'd give that a hard look for sure.
- This one and this one are very different than yours, but probably worth a look.
- And FWIW, here's the Primal Command deck I ran for a while: Primal Ponza.
Good luck (and good skill) with the deck!
1 week ago
@ghgiunco I haven't been playing a ton of modern recently, I've been kind of obsessed with Miracles in legacy, but I think all of your suggestions are pretty good. I've been thinking of playing Cast Down to help deal with bigger threats, as well as I'm super hyped for Underrealm Lich. It's unbelievable with Gitrog and Tireless Tracker. I haven't been playing enough modern though to make a very educated response on the Brutality/Thoughtseize split. Choices on those are almost exclusively metagame dependent.
Right now, with the rise of graveyard based decks and hardened scales affinity, I think we also need some more sideboard dedication to those strategies, like Creeping Corrosion and probably Leyline of the Void.
Thanks for the comment! All hail The Gitrog Monster!
2 weeks ago
Ran Poison-Tip Archer tonight in place of Throne, against an artifact deck. Sideboarded Wickerbough Elder and Creeping Corrosion as well... Never needed Corrosion; Archer was extremely punishing against the deck, shutting down its sac-an-artifact abilities; and Elder came in handy as a land-destruction piece. I can safely say that this build has no issue against artifact decks as it stands. Still tweaking, need to strengthen it against Tron.
3 weeks ago
Fun deck. +1. Overgrown Battlement will ramp like crazy. Axebane Guardian will ramp like crazy, too, while also mana-fixing. Battlement is almost certainly better than Vine Trellis. Guard Gomazoa also comes to mind as a good beatstick blocker.
Given your combo revolves around a creature and an enchantment, Commune with the Gods might be a good fit here.
1 month ago
After looking at your sideboard, I am still very confused:
2x Ratchet Bomb
To start, the two of Ratchet Bomb? I mean, you are a three color deck, Engineered Explosives is nearly always better at 0, 1, 2, and 3 drops in this deck, since you can consistently get to any of those faster and easier with the three colored landbase. Unless you are willing to crack it turns 5-6 on 4 counters, I think it is a bad card for the list. And while also running 2x Damnation and 2x Maelstrom Pulse in the board, I'd think that only 1x Engineered Explosives is necessary unless you are running less of the other options.
Damnation is rare for the creature decks, but your deck is large in reanimation-type effects and graveyard synergies, so I'd imagine it is okay, however 2 of them makes me feel aggro is a problem for this deck, is it? Is zoo really beating your recursive threats consistently? I would imagine 1-4 Fatal Pushes in the mainboard and sideboarding Abrupt Decays out might be better in their place, so I'd go down to a copy, and sideboard out an Abrupt Decay, tossing in a Fatal Push would be better against aggro, game one and further, but honestly a Fog type effect might be better against Zoo, so I'd like to know when you sideboard them in.
Thoughtseize at x3 is a lot, I mean x1 Thoughtseize and 1x Inquisition of Kozilek is okay, but Thoughtseizes come in over IoKs against tron, and you run 2x Damping Sphere against them, so what gives? Is Gifts Ungiven that big?
Maelstrom Pulse at 2x is a lot, especially when you can toss in another Abrupt Decay, I'd rather 1x of each in the board in most matchups, I mean I guess is Troll Worship is a thing I'd like to hit the Pulses, but 2 mana and instant speed are normally better benefits than the occasional removal of two cards.
Creeping Corrosion is a lot for this deck, 4 mana and double green is hard for a deck with 20 lands, and for a deck with more self mill than draw, it is more evident here than ever. I'd scrap it for a Nature's Claim, and maybe toss in a second if we drop something else. Or maybe a Natural State.
2x Abrupt Decay
1x Desecrated Tomb (found a spot for it)!
1 month ago
Nice deck! +1!
2 months ago
- Back to Nature (all: enchantments)
- Calming Verse (opponent's/all: enchantments)
- Creeping Corrosion (all: artifacts)
- Essence Filter (all/nonwhite: enchantments)
- Hush (all: enchantments)
- Multani's Decree (all: enchantments)
- Primeval Light (single player: enchantments)
- Seeds of Innocence (all: artifacts)
- Serene Heart (all: auras)
- Tranquil Domain (all: non-auras)
- Tranquil Grove (all: enchantments)
- Tranquil Path (all: enchantments)
- Tranquility (all: enchantments)
- Wave of Vitriol (all: artifacts, enchantments, nonbasic lands)
2 months ago
Counterspells and creature removal in general are your greatest threat, Muldrotha, the Gravetide needs to be on the field for your deck to thrive. I recommend running a Disallow since it can counter any activated ability.
The Mending of Dominaria shuffles your graveyard into your library when it fully resolves. This hurts your reanimation strategy imo. I would personally remove it.
Since you easily rebuild from board wipes (assumiung that you can protect your commander somehow), you might want to run Oblivion Stone, Bane of Progress, Creeping Corrosion, Fracturing Gust. Do or Die is a good cheap pseudo-boardwipe that is also cheap financially. Decree of Pain is extremely expensive mana-wise but if it goes off it can win you the game single-handedly. Crux of Fate is basically a worse version of Damnation if there are no dragons on the board. If you don't want to use Crux, you can use Extinguish All Hope.
You might want to use some more green mana ramp spells. Respect for using Tempt with Discovery. Here are some of the spells you might want to look into. (Don't add all of these, this is just for your reference if you want to add some) Explosive Vegetation, Kodama's Reach, Harrow, Yavimaya Elder, Farseek, Hunting Wilds, Skyshroud Claim, Mana Reflection,