Destroy all artifacts.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||TheAlmostHero , the.beanpole , tragic_slip , TheRealPeaches , Venser_the_Sojoner , Lindough , Spinalripper , Kravian , thetechzombie|
Creeping Corrosion Discussion
3 days ago
@ nyoumans Gaddock Teeg might be good depending on the opponents. I don't own one to try out, but he would definitely conflict with some of the more powerful cards like Runes of the Deus and Angelic Destiny. I did run Armageddon at one point and I've been considering putting it back in for a while. I've just added Blind Obedience and Thalia, Guardian of Thraben to try and slow down some of the fast combo decks I see a lot. I would run Vandalblast instead of Creeping Corrosion as it's more versatile.
3 days ago
cool, thanks. I keep going back and forth on it. Stony Silence is an auto-include for me. My build is a little more creature heavy, so I don't run Winds of Rath anymore. It has never served me when playing at a spiky table. I prefer to play other sweepers like Creeping Corrosion, Armageddon, and Grasp of Fate (obv only a semi-sweeper).
I can only recommend running Cartouche of Strength. It has been good every time I've played it.
Also, any thoughts on putting Gaddock Teeg in the deck?
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
As for Creeping Corrosion I didn't know that card existed until now. Thanks for the info and I'll consider it.
3 weeks ago
What is the color blue even adding to this deck? It runs Hurkyl's Recall in sideboard and that's about it? Why not just be mono green and run Creeping Corrosion instead?
Furthermore, Yavimaya Coast makes it so you don't have to sideboard islands, while also tapping for colorless mana.
1 month ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
1 month ago
Seems alright. Few cards seem a bit... odd or like you were trying to replace cards?
I'd recommend removing the following:
- Autumn's Veil: Yisan should be cheating your cards in
- Natural State: Not a huge concern, but seems underwhelming in EDH with most non-mana rocks being 4+
- Jeweled Amulet: With playing mono-green, this seems... meh.
- Tormod's Crypt: ???
- Staff of Domination: By the time this is going off, it's probably just a win-more.
- Seeds of Innocence: There are better mass artifact removal cards that don't grant life for only 1 or 2 more mana (Creeping Corrosion?).
- Carpet of Flowers: Unless your playgroup has a bunch of monoblue players, this isn't going to be super reliable.
- Strip Mine/Ghost Quarter: ???
Some cards I'd recommend are below and some will hopefully help abuse Yisan's verse counter-curve:
- Kodama's Reach
- Rampant Growth
- Skyshroud Claim
- Beastmaster Ascension
- Creeping Corrosion
- Wave of Vitriol
- Baru, Fist of Krosa
- Bellowing Tanglewurm
- Champion of Lambholt
- Citanul Hierophants
- Elder of Laurels
- Essence of the Wild
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa
- Master of the Wild Hunt
- Nylea, God of the Hunt
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Thunderfoot Baloth
- Managorger Hydra
- Primeval Protector
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Stonehoof Chieftain
- Bloodspore Thrinax
So many cards... Point being, ramping into Yisan and triggering his ability is awesome, but a moot point if you can't hit anything that does something. But again, I could be completely missing the point of what you're going for, and if so I apologize for the wall of text. It's your deck and you are free to do with it as you please, I just wish you a grand time of obliterating your games.
1 month ago
I'd worry about consistency, you have 8 lands that only produce but most of your creatures have in their cost, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx could help you ramp your mana. You also have an over focus on creature hate, creature-less decks exist in modern, so you need to consider that.
Why are Celestial Mantle, Aetherflux Reservoir in the deck? The cards are win-more if you are ahead and won't save you if your behind. If you want to build an all out life gain deck, do that, but the combo is fragile, , , can all destroy artifacts... I'd say you need a 2 drop creature and White has plenty of good options Grand Abolisher, Spirit of the Labyrinth, Ethersworn Canonist and Wall of Omens, maybe Knight of the White Orchid so you can grab an extra plains...
could ramp faster and while you might get lucky and have Leyline in your opening hand, to avoid their burn, that won't always be the case. Assume that people will main-deck artifact/enchantment hate and often land destruction.
is probably running a graveyard theme and can again easily remove your Leyline to let the discard package through. You need graveyard hate Rest in Peace for example. Also Languish or Creeping Corrosion would likely wreck your board state... Never mind that this is the colour pair of infect...
I don't mean to be down on your deck, but a lot of modern games are almost over by turn 5 and I think you need to consider how many dead cards you would have against a creature-less deck, how you would race ramp, how you combat graveyard strategies and what you do against infect.