Destroy all artifacts.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Creeping Corrosion Discussion
1 week ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
1 week ago
Seems alright. Few cards seem a bit... odd or like you were trying to replace cards?
I'd recommend removing the following:
- Autumn's Veil: Yisan should be cheating your cards in
- Natural State: Not a huge concern, but seems underwhelming in EDH with most non-mana rocks being 4+
- Jeweled Amulet: With playing mono-green, this seems... meh.
- Tormod's Crypt: ???
- Staff of Domination: By the time this is going off, it's probably just a win-more.
- Seeds of Innocence: There are better mass artifact removal cards that don't grant life for only 1 or 2 more mana (Creeping Corrosion?).
- Carpet of Flowers: Unless your playgroup has a bunch of monoblue players, this isn't going to be super reliable.
- Strip Mine/Ghost Quarter: ???
Some cards I'd recommend are below and some will hopefully help abuse Yisan's verse counter-curve:
- Kodama's Reach
- Rampant Growth
- Skyshroud Claim
- Beastmaster Ascension
- Creeping Corrosion
- Wave of Vitriol
- Baru, Fist of Krosa
- Bellowing Tanglewurm
- Champion of Lambholt
- Citanul Hierophants
- Elder of Laurels
- Essence of the Wild
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa
- Master of the Wild Hunt
- Nylea, God of the Hunt
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Thunderfoot Baloth
- Managorger Hydra
- Primeval Protector
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Stonehoof Chieftain
- Bloodspore Thrinax
So many cards... Point being, ramping into Yisan and triggering his ability is awesome, but a moot point if you can't hit anything that does something. But again, I could be completely missing the point of what you're going for, and if so I apologize for the wall of text. It's your deck and you are free to do with it as you please, I just wish you a grand time of obliterating your games.
2 weeks ago
I'd worry about consistency, you have 8 lands that only produce but most of your creatures have in their cost, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx could help you ramp your mana. You also have an over focus on creature hate, creature-less decks exist in modern, so you need to consider that.
Why are Celestial Mantle, Aetherflux Reservoir in the deck? The cards are win-more if you are ahead and won't save you if your behind. If you want to build an all out life gain deck, do that, but the combo is fragile, , , can all destroy artifacts... I'd say you need a 2 drop creature and White has plenty of good options Grand Abolisher, Spirit of the Labyrinth, Ethersworn Canonist and Wall of Omens, maybe Knight of the White Orchid so you can grab an extra plains...
could ramp faster and while you might get lucky and have Leyline in your opening hand, to avoid their burn, that won't always be the case. Assume that people will main-deck artifact/enchantment hate and often land destruction.
is probably running a graveyard theme and can again easily remove your Leyline to let the discard package through. You need graveyard hate Rest in Peace for example. Also Languish or Creeping Corrosion would likely wreck your board state... Never mind that this is the colour pair of infect...
I don't mean to be down on your deck, but a lot of modern games are almost over by turn 5 and I think you need to consider how many dead cards you would have against a creature-less deck, how you would race ramp, how you combat graveyard strategies and what you do against infect.
2 weeks ago
And Cavern of Souls if you can afford it.
Joraga Warcaller seems like it would be great as well
2 weeks ago
it can help you find an elf you're looking for.
this is nice, +1 just because its an elf tribal, you might want to grab an additional copy of Elvish Archdruid.
instead of glissa, if you just need a deathtouch, then Thornweald Archer.
where is the black removal lol your black is like only shaman of the pack
by your definition of nissa vastwood seer being too slow, i don't see how nissa revane makes it into the deck. The life gaining is exactly the same as dwynen, and 4 mana for a random 2/3 elf when you could've just had another dwynen isn't that good.
if you want, you can take a look at my mono green elf tribal, sELFish Nissa.
admizell i have 3 copies of nissa, vastwood seer, they usually become forest tutors instead of flipping, more of a sideboard card if i need something that gives me lands instead of tapping for mana (mana dorks can just get bolted, pushed, pathed, dead some other way,) so a reliable land (unless countered) is nice (elf tribal is low on land).
3 weeks ago
no problem, glad i could help! (:
That serpopard looks nice, although because it is a bit slow, you could try Gaea's Herald (also elvish harbinger can tutor for gaea's herald).
you really only need 1 spellskite, although if you can afford 2, thats even better cause its more consistent.
for sideboard, put in at least 1 Creeping Corrosion, against those decks that swarm artifacts at you. Reclamation Sage is a useful enchantment/artifact removal for single target, while creeping corrosion is boardwipe for artifacts, which isn't bad either.
if you want, you can take a look at my elf tribal ( sELFish Nissa ) although its actually elf tribal + random nissas because spellskite and collected company are hard on my wallet.
3 weeks ago
GBx Interaction: I'll Inquisition of Kozilekfirst so that way I can set up my Thoughtseize for turn 2. I'll flash in this Snapcaster Mage to block Tarmogoyf And flash back Lightning Bolt to finish it. I'm going to sandbag my lands to insulate my drawstep from Kolaghan's Command And Liliana of the Veil
Lantern interaction: oh that's a Kolaghan's Command, I'm gonna mill it as it is a threat to my strategy. Snap keep Stony Silence Or I hope he runs out of millrocks in the next 100 turns so I can maybe top deck a Creeping Corrosion See the difference?
1 month ago
Now that I have given this some more thought, here are some additional ideas.
I think this one could be sort of funny, Arena + Phyrexian Obliterator. You could cut a Mortuary Mire. Deadly Allure also even works, although you do t want many of these. Then if you think about it, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth makes it a swamp, which might mean you could cut the other Mortuary Mire perhaps too for another of one of these lands.
For your sideboard I have some suggestions too, 1x, Damnation, 1x Creeping Corrosion, and 2x? Fulminator Mage possibly. I also agree on Stephencliffe's suggestion of Maelstrom Pulse. More Abrupt Decay as also suggested sounds good mainboard.
I would cut down your number of Surgical Extractions by either 1-2. Cut the Oblivion Stone maybe, for that Maelstrom Pulse or Damnation. Then consider moving some of that hand disruption to the mainboard possibly?