|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Command the Dreadhorde
Choose any number of target creature and/or planeswalker cards in graveyards. Command the Dreadhorde deals damage to you equal to the total converted mana cost of those cards. Put them onto the battlefield under your control.
Command the Dreadhorde Discussion
1 week ago
Hey, good version of Teysa.
Consider adding a mass reanimation engine or cards? Lots of things dying and triggering die triggers is good, but you want to repeat this process easily so you don't stall out. Athreos, God of Passage is fine, but he's not reanimating he's recurring; you have to cast the creatures he returns.
Consider Reveillark ? It's a budget way to reanimate a lot of creatures with power 2 or less which is many creatures here: all the aristocrats, afterlife creatures, Teysa herself, etc. Lark's triggers Teysa if it leaves the battlefield as a result of it dying letting you reanimate four potential creatures. Karmic Guide is another excellent way to reanimate a creature and it's a combo with Lark since Guide has 2 power. Add a sac outlet such as Viscera Seer and an aristocrat such as Zulaport Cutthroat then this combo is a win condition with unlimited die/gain life triggers from Cutthroat because both Lark and Guide are constantly dying and reanimating. Seer and Cutthroat can be reanimated with Lark.
Living Death and Command the Dreadhorde is mass reanimation. Living is also mass sacrifice since you sac all creatures you control after exiling all creatures from your graveyard and then put all the exiled creatures onto the battlefield; the saced creatures go to your graveyard. If you're gaining life then Dreadhorde is a good use of life to reanimate creatures or Planeswalkers in all players graveyards. Yes, you can gain control of your opponents cards too.
Budget cards to consider adding:
- Caves of Koilos
- Ash Barrens : reprinted in all C19 precons it will drop in price.
- Shambling Vent
- Open the Armory
- Diabolic Tutor
- Karmic Guide and/or Living Death and/or Command the Dreadhorde
- Talisman of Hierarchy
Cards to consider cutting:
- 2x Swamp
- Scoured Barrens
- Orzhov Cluestone
- Ancient Craving
- Death Grasp
- Immortal Servitude: unreliable reanimation since it's not X or less it's only X.
- Butcher of Malakir: high mana cost redundancy, already have Pact and Dicate.
- Imperious Oligarch: least good afterlife creature here.
- Twilight Drover: fine when sacing tokens, but very slow.
- Crypt Ghast: better to not build your manabase around this card since you need just as much white as black. Can't count on having Urborg every game.
- Maw of the Obzedat: five drop sac outlet, can do better than this.
- Field of Souls
- Open the Graves
- Dark Prophecy: its effect is good because it triggers when tokens die, but triple black is a difficult mana cost to make with 9x Plains.
1 week ago
Shadowborn Demon is seriously underrated. It is removal on a fat stick with a sacrifice trigger.
If you have the life to run Bolas's Citadel , it's broken and a lot of fun.
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
I run a windgrace land matter deck and if i may sugest the following card:
- Field of the Dead THIS CARD IS BUNKER if build around,if you can lower your basic land count and ensure that is always active one way is to split your basic land in two with snow covered land and Vesuva - Mirage Mirror can copy it
- Gaea's Cradle with the price tag on your deck i asume budget is not so much an issu
- Squandered Resources great underaterd card
i can sugest more let me know if you are interested let me know
3 weeks ago
In my opinion there is a lot of room for improvement. No disrespect meant.
I suggest finding a spot for the following cards.
Prevent Opponents from gaining Life
Lifegain for Yourself
After a boardwipe use Command the Dreadhorde take control of opponents creatures and/or Planeswalkers from their graveyard to use as you see fit.
Other cards to strongly consider would be
There is much more I can say and recommend but this is enough for now.
Good luck and happy brewing.
4 weeks ago
I really like Command the Dreadhorde in my inalla deck you should try it.
1 month ago
Please link all cards in your question by using double brackets.
You are correct. The fact that Command the Dreadhorde deals damage before putting the creatures on the battlefield means Platinum Emperion will not be on the battlefield to prevent your life total from changing when the damage is dealt.
1 month ago
Massacre Wurm wasn’t getting me the value I had hoped it would. I found myself not getting the pieces on to the field soon enough to justify its cmc vs value. My meta doesn’t play creature heavy decks so when I did get it on the field it was usually to late.
I opted instead to continue to make my opponents sac their creatures and use Command the Dreadhorde to bring them back under my control as sac fodder.
Lifeline wasn’t recurring as many of my creatures as I had wanted as it only recurs those that die when it’s in play. Thought I could work around that but found Command the Dreadhorde to work better in the end.
No data for this card yet.