Command the Dreadhorde
Choose any number of target creature and/or planeswalker cards in graveyards. Command the Dreadhorde deals damage to you equal to the total converted mana cost of those cards. Put them onto the battlefield under your control.
|Have (3)||metalmagic , CompleteWaste ,|
|Want (3)||Fireslice2 , shikeiraerio , sedhyran72|
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Command the Dreadhorde Discussion
1 day ago
In my potato opinion, you can cut few swamps without a problem with your ramp cards.
If you'll ever feel like playing against graveyard decks is annoying, Crypt Incursion/Suffer the Past would help. Both instant speed graveyard hate stamples that also gives you life -> triggering your Vito, Defiant Bloodlord, S.B and Blight-Priest.
Tribute to Hunger - cheap creature removal that also gives you life, but depends on opponent's board.
Instead of Rise of the Dark Realms you might consider running Agadeem's Awakening
Flip to reanimate your combo pieces for less mana cost. It can also be used as a land if needed. Another option could be Command the Dreadhorde, since life shouldnt be such a problem. Finale of Eternity is also an option, both as reanimate spell and removal. I personally feel like there isnt enough creatures in your deck to such massive and mana-expensive reanimator spells.
Call the Bloodline - if you ever feel like having not enough Vampires for Kicker cost of Blood Tribute. Its also decent to discard big creatures (to reanimate them later) and making a 1/1 to sacrifice.
Bastion of Remembrance - fits into aristocrat decks really well, since it gives you 1/1, has aristocrat ability and is an enchantment, so its a bit harder to remove than creature is.
Trading Post - This is more or less a personal card choice, but it gives you life, makes tokens, retrieves artifacts and even draws you a card. Not bad at all.
Thespian's Stage and Mirage Mirror can both copy your Cabal Coffers to ramp you like crazy.
Cabal Stronghold - cheaper version of Cabal Coffers that can tap for on its own.
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - a bit more expensive but can also ramp a lot in mono-color decks.
Lake of the Dead - almost as expensive as Cabal Coffers, but can also ramp you a lot. But is just a luxury.
Homeward Path - would be consider running if you would play against some mana-control decks.
Myriad Landscape - not the greatest, but works well in any mono-color deck outside of green (if not landfall decks). Easy way to get two swamps out of your deck, so less chances of top decking lands and also triggers your Dread Presence twice.
And as the grand finale, my favorite combo of my For the Void: Tortured Existence+Desecrated Tomb to instantly generate a 1/1 black Bat token with flying (as flying blockers, for example) just for . It requires only having a creature in your graveyard and another in your hand. Add Phyrexian Altar and you can activate it infinitely times, making any of your aristocrat cards lethal. Just watchout for Necropotence because it exiles whatever you discard, shutting the combo down.
I would most likely remove:
Platinum Angel - protects you from losing the game and opponents from winning the game, but doesnt really fit the deck that much. Cool card for sure.
Rise of the Dark Realms - is just really expensive reanimation card.
Night's Whisper - Its cheap, but sorcery speed, so thats up to you. Prism Ring - doesnt seems that worth it to me. Its cheaper than Staff of the Death Magus, but if you cant cast a lot of black spells each turn, I wouldnt bother with Prism Ring at all.
Cut/switch few basic Swamps for sure.
2 days ago
I also have the deck and am thinking about upgrading it. Your curve is a bit off. You want more 3 CMC cards, and cut down on higher CMC costs since you're not in green and ramping is not too easy to achieve. Though you have a decent amount of ramp with the artifacts.
Some things I would consider changing:
- Worn Powerstone -> Commander's Sphere for faster ramp.
- Bonehoard -> Mindcrank for even more milling.
- Latchkey Faerie -> Glen Elendra Liege to pump all your creatures even more.
- Command the Dreadhorde -> Ponder I think there's a good number of cards that let you get stuff from opponents, so more draw is never bad.
- Sure-Footed Infiltrator -> Reconnaissance Mission straight up more draw for the same mana cost.
- Silumgar's Command -> Brainstorm more draw.
- Distant Melody -> Arcane Adaptation turn all your other creatures into rogues, pump them with Anowon, the Ruin Thief and get even more mill!
- Master Thief -> Thieving Skydiver let's you attach equipment for free as well.
- Whirler Rogue -> Thada Adel, Acquisitor for more stealing.
- Fated Return -> Cunning Evasion I think this should work with Zareth San, the Trickster if he becomes blocked and you have an unblocked creature, plus it can save your other creatures.
- Fact or Fiction -> Memory Plunder you should have enough draw with these cards, so casting stuff for free from an opponent's graveyard is awesome.
- Obelisk of Urd -> Adaptive Automaton so you don't have to tap your creatures to cast the Obelisk, plus you get another rogue. If your budget is higher you can go for Metallic Mimic.
I think that's all I can think of, hope it helps :)
4 weeks ago
A few suggestions:
- Erebos, God of the Dead for an additional Greed effect, plus life gain denial.
- Marauding Blight-Priest for a cheaper (or additional) Epicure of Blood effect.
- Sensei's Divining Top to complete the combo with Aetherflux Reservoir and Bolas's Citadel.
- Necropotence for insane card advantage.
- Deadly Rollick for handling indestructible creatures.
- Command the Dreadhorde for a cheaper Rise of the Dark Realms effect (plus planeswalkers!), since you can more easily offset the life loss.
- Black Market to capitalize on the creatures dying either to your aristocrat effects or simply the board wipes we experience in our play group.
- Deadly Tempest for a boardwipe whose downside is mitigated by your life gain. Obviously, things like Damnation are better, but it might be worth a slot to punish go-wide strategies.
- Defiant Bloodlord is an option for an additional Sanguine Bond effect, but I don't really recommend this one as the CMC is far too high especially considering you have the effect in the command zone.
- Pontiff of Blight can be wild if you have the mana and creature presence to abuse it.
- Vilis, Broker of Blood can be a back-breaking top end. Trading life for cards at a 1:1 ratio is wild, especially when attached to an 8/8 body with evasion. It also has the bonus ability of being able to get rid of indestructible creatures while garnering you card advantage.
1 month ago
So far there have been very few changes in the deck in a while, mainly because there have been very few things that have really added to the deck since Manascape Refractor.
With the Zendikar Rising spoilers though there are a few cards that stick out that deserve a mention as being potentially useful in this archetype:
Now this is very much like Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar except 1 cheaper and with no ability to recur itself (or bounce lands for discarding). That said it does ramp. In this particular deck I would have to say that the only way to really generate creatures quickly is Avenger of Zendikar, and even then they will have summoning sickness.
This card has a lot of utility, the land is slow but it's an effect in a pinch. The only thing I will say to its greatest detriment is that it doesn't count as a land in the graveyard and cannot be searched like one. That said it's a pretty good filter/land combo.
Pretty much an easier Eternal Witness on top of that the other side is a land, which can really help smooth out the mana on opening hands. Still not a land card in the library or graveyard which is a pain but it's about as easy to search up in this deck as an Eternal Witness and it's easier to cast (being one less green mana symbol). Again a candidate for smoothing out mana early game in green (which is the most key ramping colour) or making a landfall trigger on top of being a Regrowth, even if it is a bit more expensive. I honestly think it might be worth a serious thought about replacing Eternal Witness as there is pretty much no reanimation in the deck (unless you are including something like Volrath's Stronghold).
It's a mana dork that can also be a land, potential for a bit of ramp, potential for a landfall trigger, not exciting but certainly worth a mention.
I'm torn about this card because it has all the words but unfortunately it's not really how this kind of deck plays out. There are very few infinite landfall triggers so this is more of a value card. It will annoy and aggravate the board and draw attention to you for very limited gain. You make three landfall triggers in a turn? That's three damage...great, now you have everyone's attention.
If I didn't mention it, someone would bring it up, but this card just doesn't quite work in this deck unless you are a dedicated reanimation build. Play her for 4, drop some land, reanimate something, maybe drop a surprise from the hand once, then she probably dies. I think Nissa, Vital Force is still a much better card for utility being that she can retrieve permanents (including land) and has an ultimate that just works beautifully with the deck. However this new Nissa just doesn't really cut it with the current abilities.
Beautiful card, it's just a shame it's not in GB, still a potentially good choice, the main thing going against it is the lack of land types and having to play it from the graveyard on it's Red facing.
- I want to try adding Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle back into the deck at some point. I think there are enough ways to make everything mountains that it shouldn't be as bad as it was before.
- Still want to add Castle Locthwain into the deck.
- Haven't had time to test Command the Dreadhorde yet but I think it's a good potential addition.
2 months ago
In Final Parting, Liliana's Mastery,Liliana, Death Wielder, Liliana, the Last Hope and Liliana, Death Mageyou can see it on her waist. Command the Dreadhorde she's wearing it. Liliana, Dreadhorde General she's holding it. And lastly Liliana's Indignation and Finale of Eternity its floating in front of her.
2 months ago
An opponent wouldn't be able to do anything about Angel's Grace, but they would still be able to respond to the first spell one Angel's Grace resolves, such as by casting Counterspell targeting the Command the Dreadhorde or casting Ravenous Trap to make it less effective.
2 months ago
Recently we played a game where a interesting situation on the stack came up that raised an important question for me.
I can't remember the first spell I cast, but I held the priority and cast Angel's Grace. For the sake of conversation, let's pretend the first spell was Command the Dreadhorde (because that's part of the reason I have Angel's Grace in the deck). An opponent said, "when Angel's Grace resolves, I cast this".
Someone else asked a question about this and split second, but I thought we need something to respond to, and spells resolving didn't count.
In short, can players respond to the resolution of a spells on the stack? Or does the spells resolution have to cause triggers or effects for people to have something to respond to?