Whenever a creature you control attacks, you may put a quest counter on Beastmaster Ascension.
As long as Beastmaster Ascension has seven or more quest counters on it, creatures you control get +5/+5.
|Have (3)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Forkbeard , metalmagic|
|Want (3)||SinisterSam , st3ffimylove , Kotaff|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Beastmaster Ascension occurrence in decks from the last year
- If there is an ability on your field increasing the power of creatures you control, is a new creature entering the battlefield considered to have the increased power upon entry, or does the effect apply after the card enters?
- Do power/toughness boosts affect creatures in the graveyard?
- What would happen if I cast Full Flowering with Beastmaster Ascension in play and populated 0/0 hydras?
Latest Decks as Commander
Beastmaster Ascension Discussion
1 day ago
This is one of these situations. My better half wants to give Magic the Gathering a try. I just got back into the hobby after 20 years, and she watched me build up these old decks and shows moderate interest.
In an attempt to help her out with the start, I tried to build a fairly straightforward deck. Play land, play creature, watch for interaction, step and repeat. Kind of like these starter decks, but then one featuring some artwork she actually likes.
What I came up with is Animal Lover Deck
Rin and Seri, Inseparable is a good card to create tokens. Release the dogs creates more dog tokens.
From there on, I am pretty much open to suggestions. I might proxy the deck first, to see how it works. But the amount of good looking dog and cat artwork is still not overabundant.
Should I include Giant Growth or rather focus more on the cats and dogs theme?
At this stage, board control should not be too important. The match ups for this deck should be a moderate mono-red deck I can put together, and maybe a mythical creatures deck from one of the wifes friends
5 days ago
- Cyclonic Rift gets used way too much in my play group so I opt to not include it in any of my decks and I don't think its even necessary seeing as I have tools to make it unblockable.
- The point of Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir and my other flash cards are to ensure I can get a free morph out on each of my opponents turns using Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer, so I want to ensure that the flash is recurrable. Considering that, Emergence Zone is not something I would want. I don't have any big one-turn flash plays that can win me the game so it wouldn't be good for that either
- Ezuri, Claw of Progress is one of my infinite combo pieces so I absolutely am not getting rid of it
- This is also a control combo deck so I'm not interested in using Forsaken Monument and Beastmaster Ascension to make my morph creatures big. Swinging with a lot of big creatures isn't my goal and I don't want it to become that
- I don't think I need signets, I prefer mana fixing through lands rather than artifacts and I'm not in a rush to get my commander out on t2 (it's not the level the deck is intended to be playing at).
- I intend to replace Temple of Mystery with Rejuvenating Springs at some points
- Ancient Tomb is currently $40 and I don't want to spend that much on one single land
Thanks for the recommendations though! All the other ones you gave were pretty good, I'll consider adding them for sure
1 week ago
I see you have 9 creatures who are wolves, and another dozen or so that produce wolf creature tokens with a good portion of these being repeatable, either triggers or activations. However, these wolves are also very small bodies compared to what EDH games can see. Fighting will cause you to almost certainly lose your wolf while doing little to shake up the boardstate of other players.
I see you have Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite and Beastmaster Ascension but I feel like this isn't enough. You definitely need some more anthems to pump your wolves up so they are far more threatening. So here's a list of permanents that can really help you out.
- Collective Blessing I'd recommend slotting in others before this, but if you have the room it can be a good fit
- Commander's Insignia this is a far better option. You have a lot of lands, and casting your commander is advantageous, meaning the more you cast her the more powerful this becomes
- Dictate of Heliod again, not the best as the one below is better since it can be free-cast, but if you have the room why the heck not
- Force of Virtue this is basically a free-cast
- Mirari's Wake this will really help with some of your repeatable activation costs
- Path of Bravery this combos extremely well with the next card
- True Conviction the doublestrike won't help you, but you will gain life from your wolves fighting as it's still considered damage the creature dealt, and yes the doublestrike really strengthens your boardstate since you're trying to go wide here
- Adaptive Automaton counts as a wolf and carries a banner for them
- Door of Destinies while it's true that you only get the counters on DoD when you CAST a wolf, it's equally true that ALL of your wolves get +X/+X, tokens included
- Hall of Triumph not the best but hey, it's good on curve
Now you'd also want to build up your draw. Your wolves may not naturally be this large, but with one enchantment on the field they will be. So...
4 weeks ago
I’m fairly new to the game and new to edh, my apologizes if I’m not in the right section.
I’m currently looking at the precons and there’s a few I’d like to try but right now I think that getting just one is probably smarter in case I end up not liking the format.
In all the precon I looked at, these are the one that my lgs still have. I’m gonna list them one by one with a quick reason why I’m interested by them.
Commander - Devour for Power - The Mimeoplasm: I do like the idea of dumping stuff in my graveyard to basically make my commander into whatever I need for a particular situation, I recently bought a small collection with a Sheoldred, Whispering One, Mortivore, Golgari Grave-Troll, Lhurgoyf and Hermit Druid.
Commander - Political Puppet - Zedruu the Greathearted: The idea of casting curses on my opponents and giving them creatures to screw them over seems terribly funny and diabolical. Switching my Steel Golem for Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre would be a win for me even if I end up losing the game.
Commander 2015 - Call the Spirits - Daxos the Returned: Building an enchantment deck seemed fun and I also have cards like Sorin Markov with his -3 and cards line Debt to the Deathless or Exsanguinate in my collection for alternative way of winning the game.
Commander 2015 - Seize Control - Mizzix of the Izmagnus: It’s probably not the main goal of the deck but casting instant and sorcery with Talrand, Sky Summoner or Murmuring Mystic and having Crackling Drake on the board to swoop in with a bunch of flying drakes and birds on the board made me laugh.
Commander 2015 - Swell the Host - Ezuri, Claw of Progress: Ezuri just looked so badass and flooding the bord with a bunch of 2 and 1 power creatures and adding stuff like Craterhoof Behemoth and Beastmaster Ascension or using Triumph of the Hordes or even buffing them up with Ezuri + some proliferate triggers looked like sometimes that could be very scary for the table.
Sorry for the long post but There’s so many choices that I got lost and confused on what could be better a first deck.
Thanks for the help.
1 month ago
Thanks for suggestions Apollo_Paladin. For Loxodon - I would like to totally focus on tokens and buffing them. Buff for just 5 tokens is worth much less here than another Intangible Virtue or Beastmaster Ascension.
Knight would be awesome, but unfortunately I don’t have any other knight type card to benefit from it
1 month ago
Nice deck. Have you considered adding more basics to get more out of your commander? Lands like Mobilized District, Treetop Village, Drownyard Temple, Castle Garenbrig, Command Tower, Stomping Ground and so on doesn't synergize too well with your commander. I run a Phylath deck (you can find it here: Phylath) where im using only basics and fetches (Evolving Wilds, Fabled Passage, Prismatic Vista, Terramorphic Expanse and Wooded Foothills) to insure i get at least 6 tokens when i cast Phylath. In a 2 color deck its no problem running mostly basics. It also opens up for Blood Moon if your playgroup is ok with that.
Cards i highly recommend:
Conjurer's Closet - bounce Phylat on each of your end step is really nice
Skullclamp - turn all those 0/1 into card advantage
Greater Good - your plants can get really big. Get some serious card advantage when needed (nice to have in case of boardwipe)
Beastmaster Ascension - attack with 7 creatures is really easy in a Phylath deck. This will activate the turn you play it, giving all your creatures a permanent +5/+5 for only 3 mana :).
Purphoros, God of the Forge - Deal some serious damage to each opponent when you cast Phylath. Also really good with Scute Swarm
Tireless Tracker - Card advantage on landfall
1 month ago
Rubblebelt Raiders and Beastmaster Ascension for the synergy. Birds of Paradise, Llanowar Elves, and Elvish Mystic to help with your mana curve. Xenagos, the Reveler for both! Xenagos is a tricky commander because it needs a lot of resources to use properly, but this is a solid list for your first EDH build! Keep it up! :D
1 month ago
Seal of Primordium could probably be replaced there are cheaper (CMC-wise) options like Beastmaster Ascension or maybe just some ways to help your commander deal damage (flying or trample are solid options since it seems like that's the only way to deal damage. Tagging your commander, I think it's CMDR could also help other people make better recommendations lol. Still a cool deck though! :)