Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Tamiyo, Collector of Tales
Legendary Planeswalker — Tamiyo
Spells and abilities your opponents control can't cause you to discard cards or sacrifice permanents.
+1: Choose a nonland card name, then reveal the top four cards of your library. Put all cards with the chosen name from among them into your hand and the rest into your graveyard.
-3: Return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
7 months ago
- Aura Shards + Mirari's Wake + Faeburrow Elder + Knight of Autumn + Knight of New Alara Eladamri's Call + Wildfield Borderpost
- Bard Class + Cindervines + Huntmaster of the Fells Flip + Klothys, God of Destiny + Radha, Heart of Keld + Xenagos, God of Revels + Decimate + Dire-Strain Rampage + Escape to the Wilds + Hull Breach + Firewild Borderpost
- Binding the Old Gods + Leyline Prowler + Windgrace's Judgment + Vraska, Golgari Queen + Culling Ritual + Maelstrom Pulse
- Hidetsugu Consumes All Flip + Kardur, Doomscourge + Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger + Olivia, Crimson Bride + Orcus, Prince of Undeath + Kolaghan's Command + Rakdos Charm + Dreadbore + Veinfire Borderpost
- Baleful Strix + Hostage Taker + Mistvein Borderpost
- Coiling Oracle + Rootcoil Creeper + Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath + Growth Spiral + Tamiyo, Collector of Tales + Bring to Light + Croaking Counterpart
- Elite Guardmage + Niambi, Esteemed Speaker + Soulherder + Faithful Mending + Fieldmist Borderpost
- General Ferrous Rokiric + Aurelia's Fury + Wear / Tear + Deafening Clarion + Solar Blaze
- Izzet Staticaster + Prismari Command + Expressive Iteration
- Despark + Fracture + Inkshield + Kaya's Guile + Merciless Eviction
- Fires of Invention + Ignoble Hierarch + Sylvan Caryatid + Blasphemous Act + Demonic Tutor + Farseek + Arcane Signet + Chromatic Lantern + Coalition Relic + Commander's Sphere + Panharmonicon + Tome of the Guildpact + Urza's Filter
8 months ago
8 months ago
Something I didn't mention last time: Dredge! In case you didn't know how it worked, any time you would draw you can choose to replace the draw with putting cards in your graveyard. The classic example is Golgari Grave-Troll in which you would self mill 6 instead of drawing for the turn.
Consider these cards for helping with mill strategy, these are each quite powerful:
8 months ago
Yeah, let's talk about it!
The Great Henge functions mainly in turning your creature into draw spells. This is vital! 30 creatures is a lot of creatures, and you don't have to work that hard to get value out of TGH. Your commander has 6 power, so this reduces the cost of TGH to 1GG as a base. This means the turn it comes out you are spending 1 mana for this. Would you put another Sol Ring in your deck? This synergizes with evoke creatures, as they will still ETB even if they immediately get sacrificed. A classic synergy here is Mulldrifter evoked + The Great Henge to draw 3 cards for 3.
Hullbreaker Horror has flash, your goal is to play this on your opponents turns right before it swings to your turn. The spell can't be countered, and the goal here is to trigger the first ability as often as you can on your turn. Each trigger of HH solidifies your domination on the board, each trigger is someone's commander getting bounced for free, someone's Sol Ring getting bounced, etc. while playing cards you were already going to play. Every non land card is by definition a spell. This is especially good if you decide to go more into a reanimation route with cards like Animate Dead and The Scarab God. This is Cyclonic Rift attached to a creature, trust me.
Archon of Cruelty is easily the best black creature printed in a long time. This card is worth playing on it's own, and the fact that your deck can recur this card from the graveyard is truly oppressive. I think the lie we tell ourselves is that we won't get to 8 mana, but really in most decks you get to 8 mana around turn 5 or 6. This card is oppressive, especially with reanimation or copy effects.
Vendilion Clique is a control card, plain and simple. This card is another play-with-and-see how oppressive this feels. You aren't just cycling them, you are taking the best card out of their hand. In lieu of counter-spells, I think this is one of the best cards you can ask for in your deck. This is also a very rare hand attack spell with FLASH, meaning when your opponents resolves a Demonic Tutor you can hand attack them before they can do anything about it!
The Scarab God absolutely doesn't need to go in zombie-tribal. This is one of the best reanimation spells ever printed, stapled to a creature. The scry and damage is incidental. Would I recommend this in your deck as-is? Probably not, I would recommend adding more reanimation targets like Hullbreaker Horror, Archon of Cruelty, Vendilion Clique.
Additionally, consider these cards for your deck:
- Shigeki, Jukai Visionary
- Eternal Witness
- Glasspool Mimic Flip
- Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Massacre Wurm
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Greater Good
- Nissa of Shadowed Boughs
- Tamiyo, Collector of Tales
Let me know your thoughts on these!
8 months ago
Hey man, looking over it, obviously a great looking budget list. Keeping a general mindset of no cards over $3 I would add:
Ramp : Bounty of the Luxa, Mind Stone, Rootcoil Creeper, Leyline Prowler, Kodama's Reach Good cheap cards to help you get Muldrotha out faster, and then be able to play 2-3 spells a turn. The Prowler is also just an awesome blocker sometimes with his deathtouch.
Tutor : Dig Up Great budget Tutor for your colors.
11 months ago
A nice casual list. If you want to improve reliability, I'd cut white entirely, because as cool as proliferating plainswalkers is, casting spells off of untapped islands is a little stronger, and there are a few cheap green/white plainswalkers that feel right. Alternatively, go down to 1-2 plains to fetch from evolving?
If you really want the walkers, Jace, Cunning Castaway, Jace, Mirror Mage, Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter, Kasmina, Enigma Sage, Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer, Narset, Parter of Veils, Samut, Tyrant Smasher or Tamiyo, Collector of Tales are all neat options.
I'd look at Azor's Elocutors for a second win condition if you want it, but its less quiditch themed.
1 year ago
TheoryCrafter, I had not known of Planebound Accomplice until just now. I'll have to keep an eye out for a copy. Looks like that would be a cool extra way to cheat walkers into play as well as keep my hand size down if I happen to have Ensnaring Bridge in play And If I have Tamiyo, Collector of Tales in play I can yank walkers back out of the grave. Thanks for checking in and for the suggestions!
1 year ago
Pikobyte which Planeswalker feels like the least essential to you? I'm mostly curious if there is one you would consider cutting for Tamiyo, Collector of Tales if your meta called for it (for the passive).