Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
Planeswalker — Nissa
+1: Create a 0/1 green Plant creature token.
-2: Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
-7: You gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of lands you control.
|Have (3)||CompleteWaste , gildan_bladeborn ,|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Nissa, Voice of Zendikar Discussion
1 month ago
1 month ago
The Shadowed Boughs would be able to cheat out big things pretty quickly, given your landfall, the Vital Force is some good recursion, and the Voice of Zendikar is best when she can ultimate for you, but making plants to feed Korvold can work in a pinch. I would recommend all three, but maybe one of them?
1 month ago
Danny66 Hey, thanks! I'm glad you like them. GB Rock is part of an archetype of decks called "Midrange" that generally seeks to win the mid-game with value-generating cards and efficient threats. Black-based midrange decks like this one typically use discard spells like Inquisition of Kozilek and efficient removal spells like Bloodchief's Thirst to slow the opponent down, then establishes a big threat such as Longtusk Cub to beat 'em down or something that makes a lot of value like Glint-Sleeve Siphoner and Nissa, Voice of Zendikar .
3 months ago
Some of your planes walkers are pretty good but some are not the best. Nissa natures artisan is just not a good planeswalker in this deck. Might i suggest some Nissa, Who Shakes the World , Vivien, Champion of the Wilds , Nissa, Voice of Zendikar , Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter , Vivien, Arkbow Ranger to name a few. They all go great with the double counter or double token with vorinclex.
For lands green has tons of good utility lands that can benefit from counter and token doubling. Oran-Rief, the Vastwood , Blast Zone , Khalni Garden , Llanowar Reborn , Field of the Dead to name a few. And green also has tons of land tutors to find these lands when you want them.
when when you're not getting planeswalkers going you can always go for the classic Rampaging Baloths , Helm of the Host to go crazy, Myr Battlesphere , Tendershoot Dryad , Mycoloth , Bane of Progress , Vigor . You can really just go crazy with tokens and counters here my guy
RicketyEng on None
4 months ago
Some clarification of Obby's timeline:
1) Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath conquered his home plane then sparked.
2) On his travels/conquests of other planes at some point he was attracted by The Chain Veil 's power. However he was cursed by it when he touched it and started becoming a demon.
3) He travelled to Zendikar in hopes of using its powerful and wild mana to stop or reverse his demonic transformation.
4) Upon his arrival on the plane its protector, Nahiri, the Lithomancer , implanted a hedron in his forehead which robbed him of his spark and caused his wings to wither and eventually die. Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
5) After a few thousand years Jace, the Mind Sculptor was trying to figure out how to help Garruk, the Veil-Cursed . He extracted the hedron from Ob Nixilis's forehead and managed to implant it in Garruk's arm. In both Ob Nixilis and Garruk the hedron had the effect of subduing the veil's curse. It brought some clarity to the mind of Garruk, Apex Predator .
6) I remember reading a story where Ob Nixilis, Unshackled was buried alive and he very gradually dug his way down and toward a power source he could sense. This is how he found the Khalni Heart which he first tried to use to reignite his spark before Nissa, Voice of Zendikar stopped him.
7) Utterly sick and tired of Zendikar at this point, and buried alive once more after his duel with Nissa, Nixilis vowed vengeance on the entire plane. He hijacked the Aligned Hedron Network when the Zendikari momentarily managed to trap Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger . Ob Nixilis Reignited managed to siphon off enough power from Ulamog to reignite his spark. He then broke Ulamog out of the hedron prison and summoned Kozilek to the surface. He took the time to easily defeat Nissa, Gideon, and Jace before leaving, but Chandra showed up in time to rescue them. At that point it wasn't worth the effort to stick around for any more petty vengeance so he left.
8) Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted took part in the War of the Spark. He joined Karn, Samut, and Dack Fayden on their mission to close Tezzeret's Planar Bridge from the Amonkhet side (they travelled through the portal itself because of The Immortal Sun ). Tezzeret didn't put up much of a fight. Nixilis burned large swaths of the remaining Eternal army before planeswalking away.
Housegheist on Esix
4 months ago
5 months ago
Stonecoil Serpent is one of my favorite cards! What about adding Nissa, Voice of Zendikar ? And I think you can get better cards than the instants you're using that give +P/+T for a turn. Instead of one of those that only give per turn, maybe use Inspiring Call ? How about Avatar of the Resolute as a creature choice?