Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
Planeswalker — Nissa
+1: Create a 0/1 green Plant creature token.
-2: Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
-7: You gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of lands you control.
|Have (3)||gildan_bladeborn , IcyLightning ,|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Nissa, Voice of Zendikar Discussion
2 weeks ago
Some of your planes walkers are pretty good but some are not the best. Nissa natures artisan is just not a good planeswalker in this deck. Might i suggest some Nissa, Who Shakes the World , Vivien, Champion of the Wilds , Nissa, Voice of Zendikar , Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter , Vivien, Arkbow Ranger to name a few. They all go great with the double counter or double token with vorinclex.
For lands green has tons of good utility lands that can benefit from counter and token doubling. Oran-Rief, the Vastwood , Blast Zone , Khalni Garden , Llanowar Reborn , Field of the Dead to name a few. And green also has tons of land tutors to find these lands when you want them.
when when you're not getting planeswalkers going you can always go for the classic Rampaging Baloths , Helm of the Host to go crazy, Myr Battlesphere , Tendershoot Dryad , Mycoloth , Bane of Progress , Vigor . You can really just go crazy with tokens and counters here my guy
RicketyEng on None
1 month ago
Some clarification of Obby's timeline:
1) Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath conquered his home plane then sparked.
2) On his travels/conquests of other planes at some point he was attracted by The Chain Veil 's power. However he was cursed by it when he touched it and started becoming a demon.
3) He travelled to Zendikar in hopes of using its powerful and wild mana to stop or reverse his demonic transformation.
4) Upon his arrival on the plane its protector, Nahiri, the Lithomancer , implanted a hedron in his forehead which robbed him of his spark and caused his wings to wither and eventually die. Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
5) After a few thousand years Jace, the Mind Sculptor was trying to figure out how to help Garruk, the Veil-Cursed . He extracted the hedron from Ob Nixilis's forehead and managed to implant it in Garruk's arm. In both Ob Nixilis and Garruk the hedron had the effect of subduing the veil's curse. It brought some clarity to the mind of Garruk, Apex Predator .
6) I remember reading a story where Ob Nixilis, Unshackled was buried alive and he very gradually dug his way down and toward a power source he could sense. This is how he found the Khalni Heart which he first tried to use to reignite his spark before Nissa, Voice of Zendikar stopped him.
7) Utterly sick and tired of Zendikar at this point, and buried alive once more after his duel with Nissa, Nixilis vowed vengeance on the entire plane. He hijacked the Aligned Hedron Network when the Zendikari momentarily managed to trap Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger . Ob Nixilis Reignited managed to siphon off enough power from Ulamog to reignite his spark. He then broke Ulamog out of the hedron prison and summoned Kozilek to the surface. He took the time to easily defeat Nissa, Gideon, and Jace before leaving, but Chandra showed up in time to rescue them. At that point it wasn't worth the effort to stick around for any more petty vengeance so he left.
8) Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted took part in the War of the Spark. He joined Karn, Samut, and Dack Fayden on their mission to close Tezzeret's Planar Bridge from the Amonkhet side (they travelled through the portal itself because of The Immortal Sun ). Tezzeret didn't put up much of a fight. Nixilis burned large swaths of the remaining Eternal army before planeswalking away.
Housegheist on Esix
1 month ago
2 months ago
Stonecoil Serpent is one of my favorite cards! What about adding Nissa, Voice of Zendikar ? And I think you can get better cards than the instants you're using that give +P/+T for a turn. Instead of one of those that only give per turn, maybe use Inspiring Call ? How about Avatar of the Resolute as a creature choice?
2 months ago
Very nice! I have some suggestions, though I have no idea what to cut.
Artifacts - Blackblade Reforged basically lets you double up on Multani's power/toughness
Keep in mind that I've never played commander outside of my own house, so take these suggestions with a grain of salt. lol
2 months ago
legendofa: Quality should always be your guide. If you were using all 10 planeswalkers on a single (non-superfriends theme) like for example if they all pumped out tokens and then buffed them, that would be fine. But here you effectively have:
Ajani Steadfast - Really slow way of making your commander a bit bigger. Plays into pillow fort, but pillow fort is not a win condition.
Garruk, Apex Predator - really expensive removal spell.
Kaya, Ghost Assassin - super slow way to draw a card.
Liliana Vess - super slow way to tutor a card.
Nissa, Voice of Zendikar - Her pump ability is a neg ability. That's annoying.
Sorin, Lord of Innistrad - I guess his plus makes tokens and he's not stupidly costed, so that's nice. Do you care about tokens though?
Teferi, Hero of Dominaria - He's at least card advantage. A bit expensive but it's a card each turn (let's face it, you don't give a crap about his other abilities 99% of the time) so this is probably a good keep.
Tezzeret the Seeker - A decent equipment tutor, on hte fence about this one. You don't take a huge amount of advantage of artifact untapping, but you've got some decent equipment so eh.
Looking at the planeswalkers, that's kind of what I see here. And don't get me wrong, repeatability is great. But you have to weigh that up against mana cost and frequency of repeatability.
3 months ago
Hey, well planned out strategies on a budget. Nice Diabolic Intent :)
Consider Priest of Forgotten Gods and more repeatable token sources? If you can fuel Priest then she's over powered in multiplayer Commander and a great way to grow Korvold and draw. Priest makes insane value with Korvold since for no mana, just sacing two creatures, you make all opponents sac a creature and lose 2 life, you draw three cards, make two black mana and give Korvold two +1/+1 counters. Priest wants a robust package of cards that are repeatable token sources.
- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame
- Scute Swarm
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
- Awakening Zone
- From Beyond : can tutor for Betrays.
- Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin
- Dreadhorde Invasion
- Arasta of the Endless Web
- Tendershoot Dryad
- Wolverine Riders
Chandra's second 0 loyalty ability + Priest is a combo to be able to activate Priest repeatedly on your turn. The Elementals Chandra creates are saced at your end step meaning they will trigger Korvold and they don't have to attack.
You can speed up game play by adding more one and two drops that have interaction with Korvold or can be reliable ramp to cast him quicker.
- Arcane Signet : staple mana rock.
- Sakura-Tribe Elder : ramp, can sac itself.
- Impulsive Pilferer : creates a treasure when saced or dies. Four sacs and four treasures with encore.
- Caustic Caterpillar : removal, can sac itself.
- Viscera Seer : sac outlet, can sac itself.
- Paradise Druid : ramp.
- Farseek : land ramp that can search for a dual land such as Cinder Glade .
- Village Rites : draw.
- Crop Rotation : land tutor.
Another way to speed up game play is the reduce the number of lands that will always ETB tapped such as Gruul Guildgate .
- Command Tower : staple land for multicolored decks.
- Exotic Orchard
- Savage Lands : Jund Tri land.
- Path of Ancestry
- Llanowar Wastes : Golgari Pain land.
- Cinder Glade : Gruul Battle land.
- Smoldering Marsh : Rakdos Battle land.
- Rootbound Crag
- Dragonskull Summit
- Blighted Woodland
- Tainted Wood
On a budget Savage and Ancestry are exceptions, but they can make one color of the three Jund colors, that's worth it.
I offer more advice, including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
I really like Vorn. Garruk Wildspeaker , Garruk, Unleashed , Nissa, Voice of Zendikar , Vivien, Monsters' Advocate , Vivien Reid and Vivien, Arkbow Ranger would be the walkers that most fit your strategy even without corn out they'd be good on their own.