Land — Gate
Gateway Plaza enters the battlefield tapped.
When Gateway Plaza enters the battlefield, sacrifice it unless you pay .
: Gain one mana of any colour.
|Want (2)||Cactusman , kingcraig|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Common|
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Common|
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Common|
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Gateway Plaza occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Gateway Plaza Discussion
1 week ago
- That tutor is amazing run as many as you can. Not only does it find the creature it puts it on the battlefield. You can alos use creatures to help cast the spell (they don't have to be mana dorks).
- Unless the indestructible part is happening a lot there are much better spells to run Lightning Bolt Lava Spike Searing Blaze Rift Bolt and Skewer the Critics all come to mind. Cindervines might be better than Destructive Revelry. And running one copy isnt that amazing.
- I feel its important here to talk about sideboards (SB for short). You can 15 cards outside your normal deck to bring in against certain match ups (techinally after the first game in a round of 3, with friends i let them side board right away). That is where you want to put all of your situational cards for certain decks.
- Cut Blasphemous Act. There 2 main reasons 1) it kills your big dudes you are ramping to as well as your mana dorks 2) if you are that far behind you've probably already lost.
- As for the mana base you arfe running 11 red cards 3 of which are double red. They are cards you are playing later due to the cmc so getting that 2nd red isnt as bad. You have 16 red sources which is a lot for that many cards. Looks like 14 blue soruces for 4 cards. Green is clearly fine. ( I count Sylvan Caryatid, Utopia Sprawl, Gateway Plaza and the other lands as sources. I didn't count arbor elf being it has to hit a forest). You are only running 4 non-forest cards which is fine.
3 weeks ago
Conflux. Also, run Maze's End plus the Guildgates, Gateway Plaza, and Golos, Tireless Pilgrim. Chromatic Orrery is good, and Ramos, Dragon Engine even better. Fist of Suns could fit if you want to run bigger threats.
1 month ago
Hey, interesting version of Aminatou. I don't think DC/Oracle and Infect are causal strategies, but if that's what you want to play then more power too you. Be careful with Infect in a causal setting as you will become the archenemy until you stop playing it.
Your deck is missing two cards to give you 100. I suggest adding Sol Ring and Wishclaw Talisman. Sol is a staple card in Commander, one of the best cards for ramp. Wishclaw is very good with Aminatou since you own Wishclaw. Activate Wishclaw, tutor for any card. An opponent gains control of Wishclaw, but that opponent doesn't own Wishclaw and can't activate it because it will be tapped as well as it's not your opponent's turn. -1 Aminatou to blink Wishclaw, you gain back control of it untapped with three new wish counters on it.
28 lands is not enough land for a 99 card Commander deck. Consider 36 lands? 36 lands I've found to be the sweet spot for most Commander decks as it makes it so you consistently are not land screwed as well as not land flooded.
Lands to consider adding:
Cards to consider cutting for more lands:
- Gateway Plaza: replace it with Sanctum.
- Firemind Vessel
- Font of Mythos
- Phyrexian Juggernaut
- Sorin's Thirst
- Artful Takedown
- Order of Midnight
- Voracious Greatshark
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
multimedia Thank you for the suggestions! I've definitely had my eye on those three dragons, none of my local game stores have them so I may have to get them online. Also, most of your suggestions for cards to cut make sense, but I don't quite understand on some of them. For example, I thought that Gateway Plaza, Prismatic Geoscope, and Rupture Spire would be good color fixing lands? And I added in Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind to add some card draw, which this deck was lacking in previous incarnations. I guess you're saying Elemental Bond would work better for this? I also thought Vanquisher's Banner would be good for card draw plus some extra oomph from it with the +1/+1's on my dragons.
1 month ago
Hey, good start.
Sol Ring, Command Tower and Arcane Signet are three staples in Commander that are within the budget here. Scion of the Ur-Dragon, Utvara Hellkite and Lathliss, Dragon Queen are Dragon upgrades. Dragon Tempest has powerful effects with Dragons. Elemental Bond is good repeatable draw with Dragons.
Ketria Triome and Raugrin Triome are the other two Triomes and Ketria is good in combination with Indatha Triome with Skyshroud Claim which can give you all five colors from two Triomes. Nature's Lore is another land ramp spell that can search for a Forest Triome or Forest Shock land. Crop Rotation is a land tutor for any land and puts the land onto the battlefield. Haven of the Spirit Dragon is another Rainbow land for Dragons.
Cards to consider cutting:
2 months ago
Ok, the main problem I see here is the mana base. There are a lot of budget lands that will help you cast what you want in the deck, especially because our commander is Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind. Izzet Guildgate, Swiftwater Cliffs, Temple of Epiphany, Gateway Plaza, Rupture Spire, Terramorphic Expanse are just a few examples. +1
3 months ago
Twist35 I hadn't looked at this deck since Vegas last year, but the best option is probably Horizon Spellbomb, considering it can draw a card, as well as Gateway Plaza. You could also go up to two of each non-island basic, but that's probably too much.