Champion of Lambholt
Creature — Human Warrior
Creatures with power less than Champion of Lambholt's power can't block creatures you control.
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on Champion of Lambholt.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Champion of Lambholt occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Champion of Lambholt Discussion
1 week ago
Solid deck I really like Champion of Lambholt
1 month ago
Thankfully I have all the cards I mentioned just not sure if I want to play them. Concordant Crossroads was a staple in my Ezuri, Renegade Leader deck but, with Lathril I am not sure giving EVERY CREATURE haste is something this deck can really take advantage of. I think I am going to try Fauna Shaman as she will help pull out big mana dorks quick, plus she synergizes with the rest of the elf theme.
I never thought about putting in Chord of Calling over Green Sun's Zenith but, with the amount of tokens our decks are producing you could in theory create an instant speed creature tutor that can pull both black and green creatures. Just cast it before your opponents end step with your untapped creatures or do it on your turn if Throne of the God-Pharaoh is out, spicy. Another really good tutor I have thought about running is, Finale of Devastation but, I feel to get the biggest bang for the buck I need to have a Craterhoof Behemoth in the deck which sandly is something I don't own.
I have been going back and forth with Champion of Lambholt as she will get really big really quick but, not really digging the fact she is not an elf. I might still try her and see how it works. As for Abrupt Decay I love the card but don't own it. Maybe I will have to pick up one.
1 month ago
Hahaha raspberryfish25 now you mention it, it does sound funny :-). If answers are needed in your meta these are definitely good choices, the Golgari colors have lots of answers to play in the form of targeted and mass removal. Abrupt Decay could also be included. Eyeblight Massacre could also get rid of tokens, without harming your own board state. Lys Alana Scarblade in combination with untap abilities could also perform well to get rid of pesky creatures. You can always recur the discarded creatures with several black cards out there, though not really my style of play. Cover of Darkness is sitting in my binder, trying it out, great evasive tech. Genesis Wave , now that is a digger I do like, definitely agree with you on that one.
As for the cards you are willing to try, they are indeed very strong, but strong comes with a price tag, if budget isn't an issue definitely worth upgrading.
Chord of Calling budget one-time use Zenith, Crashing Drawbridge cheaper crossroads, although usable the next turn, but only haste on your side of the board. Fauna Shaman is already the budget version of Survival of the Fittest , but Evolutionary Leap is the cheapest closest card with more or less the same effect. Song of the Dryads combo sounds like a lot of fun indeed. With enough counters on Champion of Lambholt you can achieve the same for the price of a bag of crisps. Seeker of Skybreak is a great "untapper", maybe you like Quirion Ranger and Scryb Ranger too.
Time Spiral remastered comes with a few nice reprints like Slaughter Pact , Summoner's Pact , Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Damnation . Still on the steep side, price-wise, but way cheaper than the currently printed versions.
1 month ago
Hi multimedia, yeah Fallen Ideal is so good in our decks, tons of value! Blackblade Reforged has shown to be nice to have, but not a needed staple. It buffs Lathril nicely for early game tokens. After a midgame board wipe, the lands are always there to buff her immediately upon return, but it does cost 9 mana to set up again, and besides that, everyone sees it coming, so it is also a potential target to be removed fairly quickly. Prowess of the Fair is not the best indeed, never seen it go off in the first place, and it doesn't yield that much value, a good cut for Beastmaster Ascension . My friend has a Champion of Lambholt in his Ghave deck and we had a hard time against him :-), definitely considering her in the 99. I run Priest of Forgotten Gods in my Ayara deck, great card indeed. For your counter theme, you might want to try Ivy Lane Denizen , a go tall instead of a go wide card, but still, the number of counters adds up fairly well and doesn't break the bank.
1 month ago
Hey, nice new title graphic in the description :)
I'm using the Fallen Ideal tech and wow I like it with Lathril especially with Elderfang, Poison-Tip, Miara, and Skullclamp. I recently cut Prowess of the Fair for Beastmaster Ascension . I don't like that Prowess doesn't trigger when Elf tokens die. I like that Ascension can be activated the turn you play it since getting six Elf tokens with Lathril is not difficult. Just attack with them + Lathril and boom Ascension is activated. How has Blackblade Reforged been? It seems like it would be underwhelming because it relies on you having a lot of lands which with Elves you don't really want or have.
Some tech I've added is Champion of Lambholt to make Lathril and all Elves unblockable. Helps that she grows when tokens are created. Priest of Forgotten Gods which has been good value as another use for Elf tokens and effects that can untap my creatures.
2 months ago
Sorry for the very lengthy reply. I just got swept up in this.
I've only played two games so my experience overall isn't going to tell me enough about how certain cards perform in various situations or if they're not synergizing enough with your strategy. I'm guessing you're on a budget. If your playgroup allows proxies, or money isn't an issue. Gaea's Cradle is always a great option in a deck that generates lots of token creatures, and you're already running Crop Rotation . The budget option to cradle though is Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. When I began my 2nd game playing this deck I was very concerned since one opponent was running Angus Mackenzie which usually just neuters this kind of strategy. I mean I lost that game for other reasons, but if it had dragged on I probably would need a lot of luck to have instant speed removal for Angus and enough power to alpha strike or I'd just lose to forever fog. That's certainly an edge case, but a tad more removal could be helpful to rid yourself of problematic creatures or other effects. Song of the Dryads and Kenrith's Transformation are a couple of great options. The only other creature that doesn't do something like fight that shot to the front of my mind to get around Angus was Questing Beast .
However, simply looking at the list and thinking about good options in general I would say the following cards should be considered for replacement:
- Colossal Majesty its a bit slow compared to other green card draw. Sylvan Library is probably the best replacement if money is no issue. Beast Whisperer is decent and you can tutor it. There are great one-time effects considering the swarm you usually have like Shamanic Revelation and Regal Force . Harmonize is always a solid option. Oakhame Adversary is usually getting through because of deathtouch and you can always leave him as a blocker. Depending on your meta Runic Armasaur can net you plenty of cards.
- Liege of the Tangle feels like you'd be better off with something that helps finish the game the turn it enters the battlefield for this much mana. Craterhoof Behemoth or something like that would be nice, but if you're content with the pump that you get from Kamahl then perhaps Bane of Progress would be nice to wipe the pesky artifacts and enchantments. God-Eternal Rhonas is another decent buff to finish with. Great Oak Guardian could potentially be a finisher with your ability to turn lands into creatures and Temur Sabertooth as a way to recast the treefolk again and again.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed I feel like she is a decent card, especially since she is indestructible, but her activated ability is pretty costly for only digging 1 card. I would prefer Duskwatch Recruiter Flip for this kind of effect and if it flips it does the cost reduction. If you're after an indestructible creature here then Rhonas the Indomitable is great for the deathtouch as a blocker or threat, and his pump + trample effect. For other nice cost reducers there's Emerald Medallion and Rhonas's Monument .
- Curious Herd was a dead card for me in one of my games where I drew it. I ended up discarding it when I ended a turn at 8 cards in hand. I can see that it has potential in some matchups, but its is a bit meta dependent. Arachnogenesis would probably be an upgrade in many cases, but again meta dependant.
- Magus of the Order I was surprised when I saw this in my hand because I didn't realize it had been printed. 2020 was a blur. However, as it stands there were not a lot of great targets for this to go tutor into play. Avenger, Nyxbloom, of Baloths were the primary options to me since Leige needs to swing and connect in order to do something and wait a turn before the lands can attack giving opponents a chance to wipe your board (including 8/8 lands). Actual Natural Order would be preferable since it is less telegraphed, but still need better finisher, utility, value to tutor for. Craterhoof, Bane of Progress, or maybe something like Apex Devastator for all the silly cascades.
- Roiling Regrowth -> Harrow (generally won't get countered so the additional cost on cast of sacrificing a land is a minimal risk) or if you want a body Springbloom Druid .
- Bow of Nylea it certainly has its utility, but something like Ohran Frostfang may be better for the deathtouch buff and supplemental card draw.
Other cards to consider:
- Skyshroud Claim it doesn't have the option to cycle, but untapped lands can really help in situations where you've doubled or tripled your mana produced.
- Zendikar Resurgent is just a great card.
- Eternal Witness works great with Temur Sabertooth and is generally just a great card.
- Overwhelming Stampede just a nice alternative finisher to Kamahl incase he's too expensive to get back on the field.
- Kogla, the Titan Ape not a lot of humans in your current iteration to have his bounce ability be useful like Temur Sabertooth , but he's still another way to fight a problematic creature and he can remove an artifact/enchantment per attack.
- Champion of Lambholt with so many token creatures you can get this up to a point where your creatures are unblockable.
- Soul of the Harvest is another solid source of incremental card draw.
- Triumph of the Hordes is a nice surprise finisher, especially against someone with near-infinite life.
- Carpet of Flowers meta dependent, but excellent ramp.
- Elder Gargaroth beefy, and has useful options every attack.
- Bellowing Tanglewurm since Kamahl already can pump, this can help get your alpha strike in.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa can just be a fun deterrent to board wipes if you have enough mana available to turn your opponent's lands into creatures in response.
- Oracle of Mul Daya just amazing for landfall theme.
- Gaea's Touch is a budget friendly option to help put more lands into play per turn, but they need to be basic forests.
- Tireless Tracker a bit grindy, but nice way to spend mana when you have nothing better to do. Also the treasure token trigger Kodama of the East Tree to allow you to put another land into play.
Some combo suggestions:
- Quirion Ranger + Ashaya, Soul of the Wild to use the ranger's ability to return the ranger and untap any other creature that can tap for mana to recast the range and repeat for infinite cast triggers, creature ETB triggers for other permanents that care, and "landfall" triggers. Scryb Ranger can also work if your "lands" produce an additional green or if you have a way to give them haste like Lightning Greaves or Concordant Crossroads .
- Cloudstone Curio + Kodama of the East Tree to put a land into play, bounce another land, resolve Kodama trigger to put that land back into play and bounce the first land for as many additional lands you can play per turn. This becomes infinite if you have a permanent that generates any kind of token on landfall trigger.
2 months ago
Great deck! Have you thought about
Avenger of Zendikar for lots of large plant tokens, Awakening of Vitu-Ghazi as an 18/18 surprise land creature, Beastmaster Ascension, Cazur, Ruthless Stalker Flip since you're working with combat damage mostly anyway, Champion of Lambholt a hidden gem because when big enough it makes all your creatures unblockable, Curse of Predation a good politics card, Hardened Scales, Helix Pinnacle as an alternate win con, Myojin of Life's Web for divinity counter shenanigans, Quest for Renewal for pseudo-vigilance
Regardless of if you take my suggestions, +1 from me!
3 months ago
+1 my dude! @your reddit post,
More lands imo. Also more big ramp... seems like Vorinclex is a big target for removal, so ramping up to 15+ mana a turn seems like the way to go.
I think the biggest problem is that you're splitting themes and trying to jam infect. A lot of seemingly powerful cards don't have synergy with the rest of the deck. Only ~12 cards directly create +1/+1 counters. So (eg.) Hardened Scales really does nothing.
...Cut incidental Infect:
-1Phyrexian Swarmlord... I love this card but, even when you're all in on infect it isn't that good...
(I think the other infect cards with 5+ power as soft, 2-card combos with your commmander are viable).
...Cut fatties with no evasion:
-1Rampaging Baloths... incidental 4/4s aren't worthwhile
-1Ulvenwald Hydra... no synergy