|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Avacyn Restored (AVR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Champion of Lambholt
Creature — Human Warrior
Creatures with power less than Champion of Lambholt's power can't block creatures you control.
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on Champion of Lambholt.
|Want (8)||tweisman , Michael_Massey , lainel , Rakero , snip102 , dragon_1egend , Galhois , Pinewoodboy0324|
Champion of Lambholt Discussion
1 day ago
Hey, you should consider looking into using Ezuri, Claw of Progress as the General for your deck. Ezuri can be an enabler for big green ramp with mana dorks that can tap to make mana equal to their power and/or number of +1/+1 counters they have.
- Gyre Sage
- Marwyn, the Nurturer
- Viridian Joiner
- Devoted Druid : +1/+1 counters cancel out -1/-1 counters.
At combat put all the experience counters on one of these dorks and then use that dork to make mana at your second main phase or after. Use all this green mana with token mana sinks:
- Ant Queen
- Jade Mage
- Biogenic Ooze
- Sprout Swarm
- Or Temur Sabertooth to loop casting Wolfbriar Elemental , Avenger of Zendikar , Hornet Queen .
Other reasons to use Ezuri with tokens are to take more advantage of Champion of Lambholt and Sage of Hours . Lambholt can make your token army unblockable and she gets a counter whenever a token is created. She can get huge with Ezuri and tokens. Hours can give you infinite extra turns with Ezuri. All Hours needs are 5 experience counters which can be placed on him via Ezuri each combat. This lets you attack with the tokens at the extra turn and keep doing this until all your opponents are dead.
2 days ago
May I suggest Winding Constrictor as another effect to get more counters. Gyre Sage if you want more ramp. Champion of Lambholt or Tuskguard Captain to push damage through. Obviously there are quite a lot of +1/+1 counter cards so you just have to do a lot of playtesting and figure out what your deck's strengths and weaknesses are and adjust from there.
5 days ago
Hey OptimalGreen, sorry for the late response. Castle Garenbrig is okay, but will likely not be included. If you think about it in terms of value, its costing 5 mana to activate because you have to tap castle AND 4 lands to activate. It's a pass for me because of that reason and the limit on what we can spend the mana on with its chance of being a tapped land early game. If it was a 'Forest' then I would include it. As for other cuts, I think Duskwatch Recruiter Flip is becoming a weak link now that Ballista/Finale/Aetherflux are better finishers. I also haven't recently had much luck with Champion of Lambholt . Hall of Heliod's Generosity is pretty good utility. I think you could get away with cutting a forest for it, I'll try it out for a bit.
1 week ago
ok .Lets see.
Archfiend of Despair is extrem expenssiv but fits perfectly to the topic.
you could cut:
- Yahenni's Expertise (it is not very effective a massremovle and hits to much of your creatures)
- Blessing of Leeches regenerate is not so strong, maybe switch it wich Darksteel Plate
- Guul Draz Assassin takes to long and to much Mana until he works
- you have a lot of creatuers how need to be blocked maybe you can the most expensive one for Lure
1 week ago
Yeah your list is great as-is. But if it were up to me I would cut these:
- Domri, Chaos Bringer - this domri doesn't seem that impactful. He's either an expensive mana dork or a bad draw spell.
- Craterhoof Behemoth - craterhoof costs 8. sure you could get him out with mana from radha, but he's not too exciting post-combat haha.
- Electrodominance - this isn't bad here at all, but I think it could be replaced with something more impactful.
- Ruric Thar, the Unbowed - you have more noncreature spells than creature spells.
- Mirri's Guile - great card, but doesn't provide gas. I think mass draw like Keeper of Fables would be better.
- Sylvan Library - similar to Mirri's Guile, I think there are better and less risky options.
- Nature's Claim - not bad at all, but since you can generate a lot of mana I think you can afford to play bigger removal spells like Storm the Citadel .
- Comet Storm - makes sense here, however if you're generating enough mana for this to completely wipe out your opps' creatures or eliminate someone, then you're likely already winning anyway. Instead you can just force blocks by boosting all your dudes (e.g. Thunderfoot Baloth ) and have the same effect as Comet Storm, except it's every turn rather than just once.
- Veil of Summer - I'm not so sure this card translates that well to EDH. It depends on your meta I suppose, but Veil doesn't stop things like Rift or Damnation which I believe are more common than targetted removal in / decks. If your meta slings a lot of counterspells I could see this being worth it, if not I think it is too situational. You also have plenty of counter-hate besides Veil.
- Collector Ouphe - while you don't run a lot of artifacts, this guy does turn off your boots and rocks which could slow you down. it might be better to just blow up trouble artifacts (e.g. Artifact Mutation )
- Blood Moon - This is strong but I don't think you need to resort to resource denial to win. You could instead play something that advances your game plan like Champion of Lambholt .
- Insurrection - This card wins games but if you ask me it's a pretty uninteresting way to win haha. Any red deck could run this and snag wins out of nowhere with it. Not saying you're wrong for running it, just that I personally would pick something more distinctive.
- Tooth and Nail - similar to Insurrection. You can grab Hellkite Charger and Savage Ventmaw which is kinda neat, but some might complain that this as a one-card-combo. Depends on your meta I suppose.
- Defense of the Heart - same as above.
1 week ago
Hey, nice budget version of Chulane.
Exotic Orchard , Ash Barrens , Yavimaya Coast , Prairie Stream are other budget lands to consider adding. Mystic Remora is already among the best repeatable draw in multiplayer Commander, but with a huge amount of land drops that Chulane provides then it's even better since can pay it's Cumulative upkeep cost. Neoform is a very good budget creature tutor in Commander that also puts the creature you tutor for onto the battlefield.
If attacking with creatures is something you want to be doing then Champion of Lambholt is good to make your creatures unblockable; she can get a lot of counters quick. I see Protean Hulk and Flash is the combo card with Hulk to cheat it's die trigger. It's called Flash Hulk. With Hulk in your hand cast Flash and choose to put Hulk onto the battlefield. Don't pay it's cost which sacs Hulk triggering it. Cloud of Faeries is a good creature to be part of the creatures you get with Hulk. Cloud's ETB to untap two lands can give you more Chulane triggers.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 2x Island
- 1x Forest
- 1x Plains
- Serra Avatar
- Scion of the Wild
- Sunseed Nurturer
- Firemind Vessel
- Tishana, Voice of Thunder
2 weeks ago
Neat deck! What do you think of these? Nature's Will , Tana, the Bloodsower , Rapacious One , Grumgully, the Generous , Champion of Lambholt , Thunderfoot Baloth , Pathbreaker Ibex , Fiendish Duo , Angrath's Marauders , Archetype of Endurance , Praetor's Counsel , Storm the Citadel , Tendershoot Dryad , Keeper of Fables , Artifact Mutation
2 weeks ago
Maybe something like this:
Also works with things like:
Ajani's Welcome or Angelic Chorus or Anointer Priest or Answered Prayers or Essence Warden or Healer of the Pride or Impassioned Orator or Leyline of Vitality or Soul Warden or Soul's Attendant or Suture Priest or Trostani, Selesnya's Voice or Verdant Sun's Avatar | Infinite Life
Genesis Chamber | Infinite tokens
Path of Discovery | Something with graveyard
Altar of the Brood | Infinite mill
Etc... It's a plan, didn't say it was a good plan? Anything here Aluren + should combo off with other stuff, just not sure to what end.
Champion of Lambholt occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%
GU (Simic): 0.53%
GW (Selesnya): 0.75%