Creature — Zombie Jackal
Afflict 1 (Whenever this creature becomes blocked, defending player loses 1 life.)
Printings View all
|Hour of Devastation (HOU)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Khenra Eternal Discussion
1 year ago
I would love to add Cryptbreaker but I feel like the discarding a card is a little scary when I would be losing creatures but at the same time replacing it for Read the Bones and Diabolic Tutor sounds like a plan when I get the funds.
Diregraf Colossus looks freaking beautiful and I think would be a great replacement for Stir the Sands and two more Swamps and maybe Undead Warchief could be squeezed in somewhere... Idk. There's too many good zombie cards.
1 year ago
Sorry to butt in, but for a low-to-the-ground aggro zombies deck I would keep Diregraf Ghoul in. 1 mana for a 2/2 is a good rate, you want low cost creatures to flood the board with, and it gets pumped by the zombie lords so it's still fine later in the game. Here are some specific suggestions for upgrades once you get a budget for them:
Some other cards you could look at are Diregraf Colossus , Undead Warchief , and Dark Salvation (it's probably worth playing Salvation in place of Murder ). Also, as a general tip, tribal creature decks don't play many non-creatures--around 6 at the most. Cutting some of those spells in favor of more lords would increase the efficiency and power of your deck.
1 year ago
Yooooo, I never have even seen that card, I really like that. Though I feel like it would be a better replacement for Diregraf Ghoul because she kind of falls flat after turn one though I wouldn't mind replacing Khenra Eternal in the slightest, what do you think?
1 year ago
1 year ago
Blightsteel Colossus - Curve reasons
Graveblade Marauder - Cute but effect probably isn't good enough
Hamletback Goliath - Curve reasons
Khenra Eternal - Bad card basically. Though we want this slot to be at that mana cost
Khenra Scrapper - Again. We want aggressive cards like this but we can do better
Saskia the Unyielding - Big target on your head. Colour intensive. Not a warrior
Savage Knuckleblade - Colour intensive
Taurean Mauler - Doesn't work towards our game plan. Doesn't trigger off combat damage doesn't buff others.
Tenacious Dead - Just bad
Tolsimir Wolfblood - Buff isn't universal and its expensive
Zhur-Taa Druid - We want mana dorks. But only taps for green and its colour intensive to cast.
Maybe Cuts Or Later Cuts
Thunderfoot Baloth - Expensive but ok effect.
Hellkite Charger - Maybe cut. We already have access to this effect at cheaper cost
Zurgo Helmsmasher - He's good. But doesn't help the rest of the game plan
Clan Defiance - Doesn't impact the board enough to make us win the game.
Lavalanche - Effect we want but possible to find cheaper?
Crackling Doom - Doesn't do enough
Oketra's Monument - Doesn't trigger enough and the mana reduction isn't relevant enough
Attacking / Combat Matter Cards
Blood-Chin Rager - Warriors have Menace
Herald of Dromoka - Warriors have Vigilance
Chief of the Edge - Warriors get +1/+0
Raiders' Spoils - Very good card draw
Lovisa Coldeyes - Warriors +2/+2 Haste
Mindblade Render - MOAR card draw
Ogre Battledriver - Your warriors that enter will be 3/1s when attacking
Jazal Goldmane - Massive Buffs
Mardu Woe-Reaper - Graveyard Interaction
Thrasher Brute - Drains an opponent with warrior etb triggers
Edric, Spymaster of Trest - MOAR CARD DRAW
Cryptolith Rite - Lots of mana, infinite combats
Phyrexian Altar - Sac some of the tokens to activate Najeela
Derevi, Empyrial Tactician - Win the game
Sword of Feast and Famine - Win the game if you have the lands
Nature's Will - Win the game if you have the lands
Bear Umbra - Win the game if you have the lands
Archetype of Aggression - Trample
Purphoros, God of the Forge - This guy doesn't need explanation
Cyclonic Rift - ....yeh
Divine Visitation - BECAUSE ANGELS
Harvest Season - we make a lot of tapped and attacking creatures. We want mana
Throne of the God-Pharaoh - Alternate win cons
Shared Animosity - Massive Buffs
Aggravated Assault - Easier Najeela trigger without keywords
Aven Wind Guide - Gives our tokens flying and vigilance
2 years ago
I really love the idea behind this deck! It reminds me of something I would have come up with when I first started playing (I mean this in a very positive way!), as it is both plausible and creative!
- Cut 3 Khenra Eternal: They don't really fit into your game plan.
- Add 1 Wall of Forgotten Pharaohs: This card can be powerful in this type of deck.
- Cut 3 Painted Bluffs, 2 Survivors' Encampment, 2 Island, and 2 Swamp: This with the additions below will help smooth out your mana.
- Add 3 Ifnir Deadlands, 4 Fetid Pools, and 4 Drowned Catacomb: Since you are trying to ramp into something big, you probably want to hit as many land drops as you can. Plus you are running a lot of cycling lands, so that'll help mitigate flood.
- Cut 2 Faith of the Devoted, 2 Bontu's Monument, and 2 Kefnet's Monument: These cards don't have enough synergy with your deck, and you could use these slots to be more focused.
- Add 1 Trespasser's Curse, 2-3 Dowsing Dagger , and 3-4 Ammit Eternal: Dowsing Dagger can be really cute with Trespasser's Curse! And Ammit Eternal will ensure your damage gets through
- Cut 3 Scribe of the Mindful, 2 Merciless Eternal, and 1 Seeker of Insight: these cards are less good now that you've gotten rid of faith - Seeker and the Eternal still have potential though, which is why I left them.
- Add more removal! Once you get your Torment of Scarabs online, this deck will really be able to punish any opponent that can't get more than one creature out at a time.
- Removal to consider: Fatal Push, Vraska's Contempt, Underhanded Designs, Trial of Ambition, Ravenous Chupacabra, Tetzimoc, Primal Death, Doomfall, Hour of Glory, Hostage Taker, Essence Extraction, Yahenni's Expertise or Walk the Plank
- Along with your new removal, you may want to play a copy of Dead Man's Chest because that's just cute. And I'm sure this goes without saying, but this deck would also like 2 The Scarab God
- You can easily get the city's blessing with this deck with all of the enchantments that you have, so playing Kumena's Awakening and Vona's Hunger would likely be good. Along the same route, Twilight Prophet would be great too
At this point, I'm sure you're getting tired of reading, but before you go, I will suggest one more thing: either add green or cut blue for green. This allows you to ramp with cards like Spring and Thunderherd Migration, which will power out your big cards earlier!
Hopefully this was at least somewhat helpful. Feel free to reach out with your thoughts on my suggestions. Excited to see how you change it up. Please keep me updated on the results.
2 years ago
Here is my deck so far, and I will actually admit that I am not sure 100% at what exactly I need this deck to do. Only that Angrath the flame chained is what I want my planeswalker to be, and that it needs to be Black / Red. There is already an Angrath deck on this website, but I don't want my deck to be like his deck at all.
2 years ago
Thank you so much for the advice!
I really liked the idea of adding more Dark Salvations, and if I get any Fatal Pushes I'll add them, Dismember is a very good card, but I don't have illimited money, and I have a budget. I liked every card you recommended except for Damnation, because it's too damn expensive (it's worth 2 times my deck).
There is also a certain list of cards I would like to include, I'll show them to you too see if you dissaprove of any of them, or if you have any other recommendations for combos or not:
More Diregraf Colossuses
More Cemetery Reapers