Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has "Whenever this creature attack, untap all lands you control."
Totem armor (If enchanted creature would be destroyed, instead remove all damage from it and destroy this Aura.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
- What would happen with a Primal Surge and a Bear Umbra?
- What happens when Skullbriar dies after receiving Bear Umbra + Solidarity of Heroes?
- Interaction between enchantments untapping land on attack
- Which happens first in a case of a creature having multiple instances of "Whenever this creature attacks, X happens."
- Totem Armor vs Lifelink and Infect
Latest Decks as Commander
Bear Umbra Discussion
2 weeks ago
The other cards are also very good, but most of them wouldn't work in my table. The froggy and counters were at some point in my maybeboard, but they just end up being not useful (because of how we play).
2 weeks ago
Bear Umbra is worth its weight in gold here. It protects Muldrotha similar to Kaya's Ghostform but the land untap immediately pays for itself, allows for some bonkers turns, and makes it easy to hold up mana for answers.
Feel free to check out my list for ideas. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Muldrotha's Madhouse - No Infinite
1 month ago
Bear Umbra is really good here. It's insurance for Muldy similar to Kaya's Ghostform but the land untap pays for itself and lets you push your own gameplan while holding up mana for answers (or just a nuts 2nd main). One of my favorite cards in my list tbh.
1 month ago
If you want more of a buff voltron Lathril maybe switch out Incubation Druid and Heedless One for Immaculate Magistrate and Timberwatch Elf Those guys also can go off twice per turn with Copperhorn Scout
1 month ago
Hey there! Here are some suggestions you might like:
- Animist's Awakening (allows for a ton of landfall triggers)
- Boundless Realms (tons of landfall triggers again
- Courser of Kruphix (lifegain, more triggers, hitting landdrops)
- Sacred Foundry : Consitency, powerful, and good with fetches mentioned later
- Elfhame Sanctuary (hit landrops more often, more guaranteed landfall triggers if you prefer lands that turn, so you don't have to just hope you draw a land)
- Mountain Valley / Grasslands (more fetches in your colors, gives you double landfall triggers since the fetch and land you fetch for both cause one, can search for shocks like Temple Garden , good with lotus cobra)
- Flood Plain / Rocky Tar Pit (fetch lands that provide 2 landfall triggers, and while not both are in colors you can search for shocks and thus get any color you want from them, as for example if you had flood plain, you could use that to search for Temple Garden or Sacred Foundry , good with lotus cobra)
- Emergent Sequence (ramp, landfall triggers, synergizes with cards that allow multiple landrops per turn)
- Reshape the Earth (insane amount of landfall triggers, can be a win-con)
- Explore : ramp, more landfall triggers
- Ramunap Excavator / Crucible of Worlds / Wrenn and Six (last two may be high budget but all allow you to play fetch land from your graveyard continuously giving guaranteed 2 landfall triggers per turn with just 1 fetch)
- Nature's Lore (can search for shocks, comes in untapped, landfall trigger)
- Bear Umbra (untap, replay, Obunn protection + buff)
- Bloom Tender (adds 3 mana with Obunn out)
- Burgeoning / Exploration (more lands so more landfall triggers, up to 4 lands our turn 2)
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove (play more lands, add any colors)
- Land Tax (guaranteed lands in hand to play, costs little mana)
- Mirari's Wake (buffs, great if you can make your lands creatures, doubles mana)
- Scapeshift (insane amount of landrops)
Hope this helps! Good luck on your deck and have a wonderful day! Feel free to check out some of my decks.
2 months ago
You don't have to add all of these, but I would consider looking into each one. Trace of Abundance Throes of Chaos Nissa, Who Shakes the World Moraug, Fury of Akoum Journey of Discovery Ghirapur Orrery Explore Ashaya, Soul of the Wild Genju of the Cedars Genju of the Fields Genju of the Spires Bear Umbra Living Terrain Consecrate Land Destiny Spinner Footfall Crater Nessian Wanderer Nissa's Zendikon Spreading Algae Guardian Zendikon
If you made a Commander/EDH version I would add Burgeoning
3 months ago
Have you considered Bear Umbra and Sarkhan's Triumph ? Once you have Bear Umbra in your hand you can then use Sarkhan's Triumph to search for Hellkite Charger, put it and BU on the Battlefield and have an infinite combo.
May I suggest Rhythm of the Wild and Cindervines ? The Former is an upgrade on Fires of Yavimaya and the latter deals damage each time your opponents cast a spell with an added destroy target artifact or enchantment bonus.
I think you should go all in on eggs. That would mean adding Nesting Dragon straight into your deck. to get extra landfall activations I'd recommend lands for sacrificing to get basic lands. These lands include, but are not limited to, Evolving Wilds , Fabled Passage and Naya Panorama .
Other cards you can use to get lands include, but are not limited to, Armillary Sphere and Expedition Map . These cards can be reused if you can find spots for artifacts such as Cranial Archive and Elixir of Immortality . Walking Atlas will allow you to play an extra land each turn. These artifacts will also help to boost the number of artifacts you need to take advantage of Freejam Tyrant's improvise ability.
Also, look at more White, Red and Green cards that have the Changeling ability. They count as EVERY creature type.
With all the eggs needing to get bumped off you may want to consider any combination of Dragon Broodmother , Hellkite Hatchling , Predator Dragon , Preyseizer Dragon and Voracious Dragon . Any one of these can replace Descent of the Dragons. Though with Voracious Dragon you may want to consider finding space for more goblins.
I hope this was both a short and long term help.
3 months ago
Deck looks fun and good so far! I like it. I have a comment to start. Tahngarth's ability works similarly to Kaalia of the Vast in the sense that there is no attack trigger, so for things like Bear Umbra the ability does not trigger when you give him to other players to attack, so it's really only useful on other creatures.
Interestingly enough, even if you kept him on an opponent's field for a full turn cycle, this actually is bad! Since they control Tahngarth, they will get the benefit, due to the card's wording. You only control the things attached to Tahngarth, so since Bear Umbra gives the ability to Tahngarth's text, the opponent would get to untap lands.
All this ^^^ was more just of interest rather than general advice.
Moving on, in your OTHER category. You have a LOT of incentives to get people to not attack you, too many in fact. I'll tell you which ones I think are best, but it's up to your personal preference which ones to cut. I think the Curse of Predation , Curse of Disturbance , Bloodthirsty Blade , Frenzied Saddlebrute , Disrupt Decorum , Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor , Shiny Impetus , Xantcha, Sleeper Agent , and Goblin Spymaster are the best personally, as they are the most effective at goading.
I think Dimir House Guard is really not that great, and you have enough other tutors to get Tahngarth.
Cunning Rhetoric is a fabulous card for this deck (also in general, holy moly I'm glad I know about this card now). Your monarch cards might not be that great to have, but I think it's worth play-testing. I think it might make it hard for you, since you can't attack a person who is the monarch for fear that they will attack you, although this can be counteracted through goad cards.
Otherwise, I think this deck is pretty cool, and I approve of it.