Artifact Creature — Shapeshifter
As this enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
This creature is the chosen type in addition to its other types.
Each other creature you control of the chosen type enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it.
|Have (4)||Obsolete , , CompleteWaste , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (2)||ibindustries , Morpho-peleides|
Combos Browse all
- Aether Hub + Metallic Mimic + Oviya Pashiri, Sage Lifecrafter
- Altar of Dementia + Metallic Mimic + Murderous Redcap
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
- Stacking CoCo hit ETB abilities
- Does Metallic Mimic trigger Thalia's Lieutenant?
- metallic mimic and zombies
- Metallic Mimic and Nebelgast Herald / Spirits
- If I cast Metallic Mimic while I have a Panharmonicon on the battlefield, name Human and Werewolf, and then cast Village Messenger, how many +1/+1 counters get put on the messenger?
Latest Decks as Commander
Metallic Mimic Discussion
1 week ago
You're welcome. No reason to remove your deck from the budget category since any Commander deck less than $200 really is consider budget. Your deck is still budget especially the manabase since you're playing Gruul Guildgate and Rugged Highlands, etc.
Adding the expensive price Gruul dual lands (Stomping, Spire, Karplusan, Burnwillows, Fire-Lit, Cragcrown, Rootbound, Rockfall) would help to take your deck away from budget. Honestly, adding a few of the better Gruul lands for the price of Door of Destinies and Metallic Mimic would improve your deck more than what these cards would do.
Some advice if on a budget is don't completely neglect the manabase in favor of adding other expensive price cards. That's a balancing act to make and a question to ask yourself; "What expensive price cards are not needed as much as the others that could be cut so I can improve the manabase?"
The only reason to not play Coat of Arms over Door is if you're expecting other tribal decks, not just Werewolves, any tribal since Coat counts all players tribal creatures. Coat is a vastly superior anthem effect for tribal than Door since the turn you drop Coat your creatures are getting a potentially major anthem effect. In Gruul Shared Animosity is the closest budget similar effect to Coat for tribal and it only affects your attacking creatures.
2 weeks ago
It's not really fair to suggest a bunch of additions to a deck without suggesting some cuts, so the ones I am seeing so far are:
- Clone Legion This is a huge spell but not necessarily a game ender when for 9 mana it probably should be. If it doesn't end the game, it will create a bookkeeping nightmare of tokens that are copies of a variety of creatures that don't have haste and are permanent. Seems the most straight across replacement would be Insurrection which for 1 mana less steals ALL creatures (not just one player's), gives them haste, and guarantees you have all the power and your opponents have no blockers. You should be able to end most games that way or at least take out a player or two, or just wait a little longer until that is the case.
- Diluvian Primordial A very expensive creature with no cost reduction, no tribal support, no flash or anything to keep it flexible, and it allows you to cast one spell from each opponent's graveyard? Your spells should be better than theirs. you don't need their spells. Certainly not at this cost. My straight across replacement recommendation? Spark Double! If you have your commander out, this seems like the best creature you could possibly cast!
- Double Vision 5 mana is a lot to spend on an enchantment that does nothing on its own, and when it is really good it is kind of a win more card. What this card needs more from an enchantment is more stuff to do early game and more repeatable card draw, so it may be cliche but you could put Mystic Remora or Rhystic Study here and I'm sure they would prove useful to keeping the deck fueled.
- Foil Seems like the worst of your counterspells, and you already have a lot! You want one you can cast for free? Force of Will, Fierce Guardianship, and Deflecting Swat are all likely better but expensive. Mana Drain too. But IMO, you already have plenty of counterspells and could use more stuff to trigger day/night so I recommend Leyline of Anticipation here so you can make it night on your turn easy and keep all your tools available at all time. Not to mention dropping creatures and artifacts and stuff right before your turn to protect them!
- Galecaster Colossus I'm not sure what another 7 mana creature is doing in this spell slinger deck. You wanna tap out for this on turn 8? No. I found a few other Wizard synergies that would probably work better like Sage of Fables or Metallic Mimic, but probably the Wizard that I would hate seeing the most here and is therefor probably correct is Fatespinner. This will also encourage a lot more day/night flipping I imagine when some people have to skip their main phase!
- Homeward Path Are you worried about your commander being stolen? That doesn't seem like a likely occurrence in our meta, and even less likely with all the counterspells and protection equipment you are playing. Instead how about Tyrite Sanctum? You can put a counter on Vadrik at instant speed repeatably for a low price, and when the time comes you can make him Indestructible permanently!
- Stifle I find this effect is often too small to be worth running defensively. You could replace it with a slightly bigger version like Disallow, Trickbind, Interdict, or Squelch. You could also replace this with kind of anything proactive and I have a lot of suggestions that could go here with Commander's Plate probably being the safest and Galazeth Prismari being the wildest! (He allows you to tap your equipment for mana!)
- Theoretical Duplication I just don't think copying your opponent's creatures for the turn (or more likely creature, singular) is that strong. And the bookkeeping again. You know what IS frustratingly strong? Capsize. Oof. I kinda hate myself for recommending it though. Alternatively if you wanna buyback something fun how about Seething Anger, Haze of Rage, or Lunar Frenzy to build up a huge Vadrik turn!
And a few basic lands for some of the nonbasics I recommended. Also we probably have too many Mountains given that 73% of your mana costs are blue. That's a good start I think at tweaking this deck!
2 weeks ago
Looking over the deck and playtesting it a few times I have what I consider a pretty exhaustive maybe list with some cards being worth considering and discussing and a few being real treasures! Here is the full list and if I did it right hopefully all the cards are links.
- Call the Skybreaker
- Cascade Bluffs
- Champion's Helm
- Coalition Relic
- Commander's Plate
- Contagion Clasp
- Darksteel Plate
- Deflecting Swat
- Door of Destinies
- Drown in Dreams
- Elementalist's Palette
- Expanded Anatomy
- Expansion / Explosion
- Fanning the Flames
- Fierce Guardianship
- Finale of Revelation
- Fists of Flame
- Flux Channeler
- Force of Will
- Galazeth Prismari
- Haze of Rage
- Izzet Boilerworks
- Jaya's Immolating Inferno
- Jeska's Will
- Leyline of Anticipation
- Lonely Sandbar
- Lunar Frenzy
- Mana Drain
- Mana Geyser
- Metallic Mimic
- Midnight Clock
- Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
- Mystic Remora
- Mystic Sanctuary
- Oona's Grace
- Opal Palace
- Prismari Campus
- Reality Ripple
- Reality Shift
- Rhystic Study
- Ring of Evos Isle
- Riverglide Pathway Flip
- Runechanter's Pike
- Sage of Fables
- Scour from Existence
- Sea Gate Restoration Flip
- Seething Anger
- Shatterskull Smashing Flip
- Spark Double
- Storm-Kiln Artist
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Sword of Truth and Justice
- Temple of Epiphany
- Tezzeret's Gambit
- Tyrite Sanctum
- Unleash Fury
- Valakut Awakening Flip
- Vedalken Orrery
- Volcanic Island
- Volcanic Vision
- Wandering Archaic Flip
- Whispers of the Muse
- Zaffai, Thunder Conductor
3 weeks ago
Please see the below suggestions:
Dragonlord's Servant for dragon ramp.
Crucible of Fire strongest lord effect that i know of.
Ragavan, Nimble Pilferer if you can afford him because his treasure ability can get you your dragon on turn 3.
Metallic Mimic a shapeshifter that powers up your dragons.
Realmwalker helps you play your dragons more consistently - if you want to play gruul.
Hope this helps.
1 month ago
Hello IHATENAMES! Thank you for your comments!
Personally, while I think Adeline lends herself to work well with equipment, I don't want that to be the focus of the deck - I'd like the deck to focus more on powering up the tokens through anthem effects. Most of the equipment that is there is because it's able to offer things towards our gameplan (Veteran's Armaments, Stoneforge Masterwork), give some form of protection or evasion (Loxodon Warhammer, Darksteel Plate, Whispersilk Cloak), or offers an additional form of removal (Godsend, Sword of Feast and Famine, Shadowspear). Batterskull provides an additional creature, which further boosts Adeline's power.
My main problem with mass removal in a deck like this is most of the time it's counterintuitive, meaning it messes with us more so than our opponents. Otherwise, I would run Wrath of God and Day of Judgment 100%. As for targeted removal, I am aware that my package is rather lacking. I'm a big fan of getting rid of things before they're even a threat or have a chance to be a threat, hence the Silence and Orim's Chant. I want to add more, but my problem is I also like utility and most of the cards that say "Destory target Artifact or Enchantment" are over-costed in my opinion.
As for the anthem effects you suggested, my main problem with them is they're over-costed for what we get. Take Honor of the Pure as an example - it's two mana for a +1/+1 effect for all of our creatures. Metallic Mimic does something very similar, as does Thalia's Lieutenant. Intangible Virtue is perhaps something that I might add, but all the others are too much mana in my opinion for what they do. My problem with cards like Gauntlet of Power is there is another mono-white deck at the table, and I'd rather not help them out.
Regardless, again, thank you for your comments!
1 month ago
2 cards absolutely need to be added asap. Feed the Swarm and Chaos Warp are your only 2 answers (that don't cost like 8 mana) to problematic enchantments like Rest in Peace or Solemnity. Don't let those types of effects wreck your day!
Sage of Fables, Metallic Mimic, and Vigean Graftmage all come down before Marchesa and immediately protect her and/or allow you to abuse etb/death triggers on everyone turn instead of just once per round. Vigean is also 2 free sacs (himself and whatever else) every turn to trigger things like Grim Haruspex.
Feel free to check out my list for more ideas. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Got 99 Upvotes And A Bitch Ain't One - Marchesa
1 month ago
Fortunately it's not a new ability, and Humility has been around for a while. Unfortunately the rule I referenced was changed when Ixalan was released, so you can find plenty of forums saying creatures will enter with the counters and plenty saying they won't, and both sides were right when they said it. To this end, I'd refer you to the Wizard's page that discussed this rules change: https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/ixalan-comprehensive-rules-changes-2017-09-28
The relevant part being: "So this rule's changing. Now, to determine what replacement effects will apply to a permanent entering the battlefield, you look at continuous effects that modify that permanent's characteristics coming from the permanent itself along with those that already exist and will affect that permanent. Dimir Aqueduct enters the battlefield untapped under Blood Moon. Humility causes creatures with modular to enter without their +1/+1 counters. Metallic Mimic can distribute +1/+1 counters happily to your army of Ferrets under Arcane Adaptation."
1 month ago
i am trynig to bild a Contruct Tribal deck too. looks cool :D