Discard a land card: Seismic Assault deals 2 damage to target creature, player or planeswalker.
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Seismic Assault occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Seismic Assault Discussion
1 month ago
2 months ago
You bet ... I thought it looked extremely sweet too!
Not sure on the Bolts either ... I assume TVigs just wanted a little interaction early. Though I suspect they're also a useful finisher (especially with the Retrace ultimate from W6) when we can't find Seismic Assault .
2 months ago
You could probably do with including Wayward Swordtooth as a form of ramp and a win con in the late game, another good source of repeatable ramp is Sakura-Tribe Scout . As far as the aggro match up goes, Jaddi Offshoot is a good blocker and a source of lifegain. I could see a strong argument for splashing red for cards like Flame Jab Molten Vortex and Seismic Assault . Vengeful Pharaoh is very strong with dredgers, like Dakmor Salvage and your loams. You should probably include at least some form of land destruction, like Field of Ruin or even Encroaching Wastes I would recommend cutting the tron lands, if you include ramp because you don't have many creature that need that much colorless mana. I think there are a few too many cycling lands that could probably be replaced with some of the better ahmonket desert lands. There are a bunch of lands in your graveyard matters cards in the set modern horizons, so I would recommend checking that set out. Happy Holidays!
2 months ago
2 months ago
5 months ago
DrkNinja Thanks for the reply, I've only ever done LD as a sub-theme in my Muldrotha so this was my first take on the meta.
Thanks for calling out Seismic Assault as that was a card I vaguely remembered playing against but couldn't seem to find for this list.
I honestly only included Chainer, Nightmare Adept as a stable form of creature recursion, so I will play around with having it in or not.
5 months ago
Ok... So lets start with the obvious... You are a lands matters deck and you only have 36 lands... That's a problem. 39 at the bare minimum.
Next you have a lot of creatures and creatures aren't the best way to do land destruction or win in a lands matters deck.
Lastly I don't feel like you have a clear win con. I mean sure you can beat face with Terravore and Multani but against anyone with a decent deck that'll never connect. Might I suggest something like this? The Gitrog Monster + Seismic Assault + Dakmor Salvage and one eldrazi titan or Gaea's Blessing in the deck. You infinitely discard to SA and machine gun all players to death.
Anyways here are some cards I'd suggest cutting
- Centaur Vinecrasher
- Chainer, Nightmare Adept
- Charnelhoard Wurm
- Ob Nixilis, the fallen
- Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar/Terravore
- Turntimber Sower
- Wake Of Destruction
- Rhythym of the Wild
- Scute Mob
And not nessecarily a cut but an alternative, instead of Chromatic Lantern I'd suggest Prismatic Omen as you can do a lot of fun things with that like Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle , Carpet of Flowers , and lastly the 3 different types of Boil .
Any who let me know if you have any questions for why I suggested the cuts!
5 months ago
A friend of mine was trying to create a new format. Thinking about it now, I'm pretty sure he was just making up rules on the spot, and the format was as hilariously bad as it sounds.
- Players start with 100 life.
- Your deck can have 4 "commander" type cards: they start the game in the command zone, and can be cast for free from the command zone. If a "commander" would change zones, once per game, you can put it back in the command zone.
- You may only cast each commander once per turn.
- Your 4 "commanders" can't have the same card type, and you can only have one of each rarity.
- Maximum hand size is ten.
- The first turn of the game, you can put all the land from your hand on to the battlefield.
- Each turn, players can choose to draw 2 cards and play 1 land, or draw 1 card and play 2 lands.
- For an initial banlist, if a card is banned in any format, it can't be your commander.
My first thought was to play an Infect deck, but I forgot one of the rules.
- Well, since you start with 5 times as much life, it would take 50 Poison counters to cause a player to lose.
Next idea: I use Battle of Wits and 300 islands. "You can't do that," he says.
- No alternate win conditions (except for infect, I guess)
Finally, I decided on the commanders: Seismic Assault , Treasure Hunt , and a 100-card blend of islands and mountains for the rest of the deck. I wanted to have Reliquary Tower as another commander, but I couldn't. He explained to me:
- Lands can't be commanders.
- The rarity of a creature commander doesn't count towards the 1-of rarity limit.
- Your commanders are face-down in the command zone.
I'm guessing the became a rule because he forgot about the 1-each rarity limit. So, I add in Ashling the Pilgrim , since its rarity didn't matter. On my first turn, I dump some lands on the battlefield, summon Ashling the Pilgrim and pump it up a few times. He stops me, "I forgot to tell you the rule that makes this format so much fun..."
- During the first ten turns of the game, creatures can't attack, and players can't be targeted.
Since we draw 2 cards each turn, and start with 10 cards in our hand, that means we'll have seen at least 30 cards before real interaction can begin. So, Ashling and I sat there for 10 turns watching him masturbate. He had an enormous army of bulk rares. At some point, he summons one of his commanders: Sensei's Divining Top . "What is that? You said that card is banned."
- You can have Sensei's Divining Top as a commander, but you can't use its second ability.
- Also, commanders have flash.
"This format is such bs." On the upkeep of my 11th turn, I Treasure Hunt and Seismic Assault him for 100 damage. He responds by summoning Ghosts of the Innocent . Five lands later: "And now back to your face," GG Worst format ever. I forgot I didn't even need to let the Ghosts resolve to keep comboing. Oh well.
What do people think of this new format?
Has anyone else ever had an experience like this?
Can anyone think of a better combo for the format?