|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Chandra, Fire Artisan
Legendary Planeswalker — Chandra
Whenever one or more loyalty counters are removed from Chandra, Fire Artisan, she deals that much damage to target opponent or planeswalker.
+1: Exile the top card of your library. You may play it this turn.
-7: Exile the top seven cards of your library. You may play them this turn.
Chandra, Fire Artisan Discussion
1 week ago
1 week ago
I just get the feeling that Sword-Point Diplomacy or Risk Factor would do more for this deck than Experimental Frenzy . I like the idea of doing some direct damage to put +1/+1 counters on Knight of the Ebon Legion , but you might need a few chump-blockers early in the game. Maybe Bladebrand in place of Light Up the Stage to both reduce your mana-curve and let Viashino Pyromancer also clear out an opponent's creature. I also like Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord over Chandra, Fire Artisan
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Good start to a deck. Rienne looks like an interesting build, and the built-in recursion is pretty powerful. If I might suggest a few cards that work really well with her; Dauntless Escort , Saffi Eriksdotter and Qasali Pridemage are all cards that self-sacrifice with powerful effects that Rienne, Angel of Rebirth lets you re-use. These cards will help to make your board more sticky and keep Rienne around to keep chugging out that value.
Theres a ton of other multicolored creatures that have reusable effects when they enter, like Duergar Hedge-Mage , Knight of Autumn and Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves . If token making is something you're interested in, then Conclave Cavalier and Trostani's Summoner can do a decent job. If you want some good aggressive finisher cards, theres Gahiji, Honored One and Knight of New Alara who can pump your board pretty nicely, as well as the liege cycle from Lorwyn.
Since the deck is three color, getting the right mana on time might be a bit of a problem. You could do with swapping some of the basics out for some tri-color lands, like Command Tower and Jungle Shrine , and using cheap fetches like Evolving Wilds , Terramorphic Expanse and Krosan Verge can help you get the lands you need as you need them. Replacing cards like Safewright Quest with things like Farseek , Kodama's Reach and Skyshroud Claim are also going to help, as you can never have enough mana in an EDH game, as we all know.
Your deck is also pretty light on removal, stuff like Swords to Plowshares , Sylvan Reclamation , Return to Dust , Generous Gift and Beast Within can get rid of troublesome creatures or permanents that threaten you or stop you winning with creatures. While they aren't flashy, sometimes you just need to get rid of that Rest in Peace before it does too much damage.
Thats my take on just some of the cards I figure could improve the deck, but I'm no expert. Play around with it and see what you like. If you find yourself struggling to cut cards, here's a list of what I feel are the weakest links in your deck, in no particular order; Chandra, Fire Artisan - You have access to better card draw and the burn shouldn't be super relevant most games. Dryad Militant , Vernadi Shieldmate , Skyknight Vanguard , Boros Swiftblade and Sunhome Guildmage all seem fairly low impact. Fatal Frenzy seems odd as your creatures aren't super large, and your commander isn't going to easily win by Commander Damage. War's Toll and Mana Web seem like filler slots, but maybe these help against your local meta?
Hopefully some of this helps, I look forward to seeing how the deck develops in the future.
1 month ago
Could be really cool, if the Chandra deck became a thing. There are a few changes I'd make here though:
- Take out Chandra's Embercat . It's very low impact and I imagine it rarely does anything other than turning on the opponent's removal, chump block and occasionally survive to get out a Chandra, Awakened Inferno on turn 5.
- Take out Light Up the Stage . In a deck with a lot of expensive cards on top of almost nothing to make it cost 1 early on, makes it a liability more than a reliable card draw engine. If you feel like you need more ramp and card advantage, you could consider something like Treasure Map Flip. It ramps, fixes early draws and draws a lot of cards later on. I'd probably go up to 4x Chandra, Fire Artisan though, she's great. Same with Tormenting Voice - without synergy it's basically just a 2-mana draw 1.
- Take out Chandra, Flame's Fury . She's too expensive for what she does. PW deck planeswalkers just aren't quite there for constructed play. Sarkhan the Masterless on the other hand looks amazing here, I'd go up on those instead.
- You're going to want Shock against aggro decks, maybe even Lava Coil . Also Chandra's Triumph seems a bit better than Lightning Strike , since it can often take out Teferi, Hero of Dominaria and other bigger stuff alike.
- I saw someone playing Mobilized District for additional win conditions. Could be a nice way to add creatures, without having to take anything out.
Good luck with the brew :)
1 month ago
- Chandra, Fire Artisan
- Chandra, Pyromaster
- Karn Liberated
- Karn, Scion of Urza
- Rowan Kenrith - Ugin, the Ineffable
- Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion
- Cavalier of Flame
- Seasoned Pyromancer
- Chandra's Regulator
1 month ago
TwinStags Hey! Thanks for making the effort for posting! I have been contemplating the Aetherflux Reservoir . It definitely fits in the deck. I currently have it in my Izzet spellslinger deck, but I think it makes more sense to put it in here. I'll debate on purchasing a second one if I think I need it in both decks. I love the Aria of Flame rec! I've seen the card before and now I'm adding it to my Maybeboard until I get my hands on it. Thanks!
To be honest, I have only played around 5 games with this deck so I'm still int he very early stages of figuring out what gets targeted, what works/what doesn't work, etc. So for now I'm keeping Guttersnipe and Electrostatic Field unless people just target them like crazy.
I agree with you on Assemble the Legion . It was mainly a filler card for some token generation when I first built this deck since I didn't already own Young Pyromancer or Vanguard of Brimaz yet. So it can definitely come out now for something more sleek.
And last but not least, Solar Blaze lol. I have it in as a filler board wipe atm. Obviously not great and doesn't synergize with the deck. That will be one of the first cards out. I actually plan on taking a bunch out: Assemble the Legion , Solar Blaze , Surreal Memoir , Pyre Hound , probably Chandra, Fire Artisan , and Mana Cylix for more mana rocks, Aria of Flame, Land Tax and another board wipe.
No data for this card yet.