Creature — Elemental
, Discard a land card: Living Twister deals 2 damage to target creature, player or planeswalker.
: Return a tapped land you control to its owner's hand.
|Have (2)||abby315 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Living Twister Discussion
1 month ago
What's the raitonale behind omitting Living Twister?
1 month ago
2 months ago
Forest- Myriad Landscape
2 months ago
This is a super cool deck. I like it. Now. What if you used Risen Reef and Amulet of Vigor to play your entire deck?? note: if this strat isn't your style then this may just be me theorycrafting about my own upcoming elemental deck!
To that end, you could run 4 Brighthearth Banneret to fuel the engine, and for finishers have a bunch of those Ball Lightning sorts of elementals and Embodiment of Fury and such, though Creeping Trailblazer may be enough to pump the team and win, Grove Rumbler is probably safer- it has trample... maybe we play Song of Creation with this???
3 months ago
Cards to add:
x1 Lava Coil
4 months ago
Other notable cards could also be Borborygmos Enraged, Living Twister, Molten Vortex, Tectonic Reformation, and in this deck Dakmor Salvage would be a staple. Fetch lands are also good, they don't need to be the expensive ones but something like Blighted Woodland, Warped Landscape, and Myriad Landscape are very good budget options. Edge of Autumn, and Harrow are ones I forgot to mention as well.
6 months ago
Thanks for checking out the deck and for giving me some the tips! I gladly answer your questions:
- Tendershoot Dryad has been on the maybeboard for a long time, and I agree it would fit the deck perfectly. I really tried to add it, but I couldn’t find a good spot for it in the end :/. I kind of stopped trying after Field of the Dead satisfied my desire to add another token maker :).
- It is true that the deck wants to keep a low profile. However, that’s only until we are ready for a big explosive play! Omnath and baloth both provide that ability for explosiveness that I want with this deck. On average you should be able to get 2 lands out the turn you bring them out, which is already decent value if someone should indeed take it out. But their ceiling is pretty high combined with something like Scapeshift or Traverse the Outlands. So those 2 landfall creatures are not going anywhere :).
- I wrote about why I did not include Elvish Reclaimer in my M20 update. Short answer: it takes 3 turns before you can use the land you want, and that is too slow for what I want with this deck. I don’t think it compares that well with crop rotation, which gives you any land right now, untapped.
- Nissa's Pilgrimage is a bit too taxing for this deck as I only run 9 basics, and I don’t like that it doesn’t fix. In a similar vein, I valued Blighted Woodland over Myriad Landscape in this build, and there are no lands I want to cut for it atm.
- Castle Garenbrig is useful, but not necessary in this build. And unlike most other decks, every landslot here is super contested, so “useful” isn’t good enough to make the cut unfortunately :). Also, I don’t run that many creatures here.
- I don’t think Living Twister is all that good tbh. I agree that a commander deck should also function well without the commander, but that doesn’t mean it should always be able to do what the commander does. This deck has many paths to victory that do not require Mina and Denn.
- I got asked about Tempt with Discovery before. It is a fun card, but I personally don’t like that it is not reliable. Sometimes you might get lucky and get 4 lands, but most of the time I would get only one, ór my opponents do what they shóuld do and search for a strip mine and destroy the one land I actually wanted to get. The point is that there is no way to tell what you will get and I prefer reliability in my tutors.
- I used to run Kessig Wolf Run for a long time, but I removed it to test other lands. I assure you, the deck has plenty of staying power late game ;), but I agree it is a strong card to have access to. Maybe it will find it’s way back someday.
Thanks again for sharing your thoughts! I’ve been thinking to add a section to the primer to talk about cards that I did not include. Maybe I will start that soon :). I will also have a look at your modified deck list at a later time.
6 months ago
HeyBeebles awesome deck and primer I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!
I was thinking if the goal of the deck is to be unassuming would Tendershoot Dryad be a better fit than Omnath, Locus of Rage or Rampaging Baloths (I know blasphemous right) which are traditionally kill on sight targets for any land deck opponent. In addition the lack of haste or sac outlet enablers it feels like omnath is a sitting duck.
Another question would be why isn’t Elvish Reclaimer in the main board, yes it takes a turn to get going but a Crop Rotation effect is invaluable to up the consistency of the deck (especially during draw go turns)
Is there an argument to add Castle Garenbrig green ramp since most of your creatures are green, Living Twister a commander deck should be able to function without its commander and this mirrors M&D’s bounce ability, Tempt with Discovery vs Traverse the Outlands any land into play seems huge, Kessig Wolf Run Gives the deck late game staying power when even Dryad Arbor can swing for lethal
I’ve got an edited version on your list on my profile if you’re interested in taking a look
Thanks for the awesome deck!