Search your library for up to two creature cards with different names, reveal them, put them into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Shared Summons Discussion
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
No Sanctum of Eternity ? You might like these too: Temur Sabertooth , Cloudstone Curio , Mirari's Wake , Mana Reflection , Zendikar Resurgent , Regal Behemoth , Zhur-Taa Ancient , Shared Summons , Traverse the Outlands , Pir's Whim , Reap and Sow , Sylvan Scrying , Impact Tremors , Purphoros, God of the Forge , Aetherflux Reservoir
1 month ago
I've been getting more and more into combo recently and decided to take a try at a Temur Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker / Splinter Twin deck. This is try one with what I had lying around, and I got a few questions on how I should take the deck moving forwards.
While I'm not a cEDH player, we do play fairly high powered EDH at my group, so I want the general to be a strongly suited commander for this strategy. Currently, we have Kalamax, the Stormsire as the commander. We basically control the board until we can double tutor with a card like Chord of Calling / Shared Summons and get our combo and execute it. My question here is, should I swap commanders? I won't go Thrasios/x as that is very expensive and not really what I want to do. Some other options I've thought of are go more midrange and do Surrak Dragonclaw , who can provide uncounterable to my combo pieces (mostly) as well as allow us to play other impactful creatuers we can then copy. Any other ideas?
My second question relates partially to the first: "How should I upgrade?". This completely depends on what commander I end up with so if you don't answer this one thats totally fine.
Thanks in advanced, -Arcaneful
1 month ago
This is an impressive list. I know how hard mono can rock from my Her Royal Fluffness list, great job. Some cards you might want to consider:
Also, Eternal Witness is a great card, and Temur Sabertooth and/or Kogla, the Titan Ape can make it even better. Paleoloth is a massively underrated card in such a deck. Also, have you ever heard of Shared Summons ? In a deck like this, that gets to 12+ mana in no time, it can really help you get the most important creatures.
1 month ago
and first off: i updated the description a bit, so some things i didnt mention and i feel might be a concern of yours, are better shown.
I will definitely look for Hoarding Dragon , Shared Summons and i might have an Inventors' Fair lying around. Kuldotha Forgemaster is a card i purposefully did not include, since i think it would scream combo time to loud (he plays it himself a lot).
The thing is i dont want it to be too obvious and too focused on that combo win. I want him to play a few games and eventually stumble upon it. Hoarding Dragon is a nice flying body as well, so it would camouflage nicely as a value creature. Nantuko Elder and buddies also might have a place. Though i want the animated mana rocks to play role still.
Arcane Signet could be added in, i just didnt see the necessity in two coloured decks. But, is a valid suggestion. Chromatic Lantern i dont think i want to get, the list already did cost me a bit both in cards i added from my own collection and money. Also since the commander makes artifacts and the deck is somewhat vulnerable to artifact removal, i like Darksteel Ingot a lot in here.
Another instant artifact removal like Ancient Grudge would be good, i agree.
1 month ago
Your combo is cool but very unlikely. You would want to add a few ways to tutor up the artifacts to get better consistency.
Hoarding Dragon , Kuldotha Forgemaster , Inventors' Fair and Gamble could help.
Shared Summons could get forgemaster and toymaker. Crop Rotation can get inventor's fair.
Also you might consider a few more instants to make scepter more useful if he doesnt happen in to vitalize. Ancient Grudge and Fog seem good.
Also you may want more mana dorks to enable the combo with vitalize scepter. Palladium Myr works as would Fyndhorn Elder , Greenweaver Druid , Nantuko Elder , Whisperer of the Wilds , these are also decent ramp cards in general.
1 month ago
TIL that emojis aren't parsed properly by TappedOut even though they appear fine in the preview! Let's try again...
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together! :) Judging by the 400,000 views that this has had I'm guessing I'm not the only person who feels that way :D
Since this list hasn't been updated since pre-WAR, I thought I'd put together a pretty comprehensive list of all tutors released since then (including all of the tutors mentioned in the comments above). Hopefully putting it in one place will make it easier to update! Note - as per the list you've curated, I've excluded any tutors that fetch specific cards (e.g. Yanling's Harbinger ) or basic lands. I've also left off the card types and colours since there's already enough text in the comment and it can be seen from the preview. Right - on with the list!
CARD: TUTOR FOR - ANY COMMENTS/SUGGESTED CATEGORIES
- Axgard Armory : Aura or Equipment - to hand
- Boggart Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Burning-Rune Demon : Anything - to hand, to graveyard
- Chandra, Heart of Fire : Instants/Sorceries - jump through hoops, to cast
- Coveted Prize : Anything - to hand, (jump through hoops) to cast
- Deathbellow War Cry : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Divining Witch : Anything - jump through hoops, to hand
- Dwarven Recruiter : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Reclaimer : Land - to battlefield
- Emergent Ultimatum : Anything - tutor by name, to cast
- Enigmatic Incarnation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Fabled Passage : Land - to battlefield
- Faerie Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Fiend Artisan : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Finale of Devastation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Garruk, Unleashed : Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Giant Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim : Land - to battlefield
- Gravebreaker Lamia : Anything - to graveyard
- Guided Passage : Anything - jump through hoops
- Ignite the Beacon : Planeswalker - to hand
- Jester's Cap : Anything - to exile
- Kaho, Minamo Historian : Instant - jump through hoops, to exile
- Kithkin Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw : Artifact or Dragon - tutor by type, to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Magus of the Order : Creature - tutor by colour, to battlefield
- Merrow Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Mythos of Brokkos : Anything - jump through hoops, to graveyard, to hand
- Nahiri, the Harbinger : Artifact/Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Neoform : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Nylea's Intervention : Land, to hand
- Pyre of Heroes : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by type and CMC, to battlefield
- Quest for the Holy Relic : Equipment - to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Reshape the Earth : Land - to battlefield
- Rootless Yew : Creature - tutor by POW or TOU, to hand
- Scheming Symmetry : Anything - to top of library
- Shared Summons : Creature - to hand
- The World Tree : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Treefolk Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Ulvenwald Hydra : Land - to battlefield
- Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire : Anything - to top of library
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Wishclaw Talisman : Anything - to hand
It wasn't entirely clear to me what categories the below cards should go under since they search for specific card subtypes:
- Opposition Agent : ??? (This sort of counts as a 'tutor your opponents decks' card!)
- Runed Crown : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Runeforge Champion : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Sanctum of All : Shrines - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Search for Glory : Snow/legendary/saga - could go under a few sections?
- Spirit of the Aldergard : Land - 'searches for tribal cards'?
Seeing as the three creators of this list haven't been on TappedOut in at least 8 months I'm guessing that this comment won't go anywhere, but at least it's all in one place for people to search for later. I'm happy to help maintain and update this list if I'm given access. (If I haven't heard back in a couple of months then I might look at creating a copy of this list and linking it here for anyone looking for an up-to-date list of tutors.)
1 month ago
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together!