|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Premium Deck Series: Slivers (PDS)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Creature — Sliver Mutant
: Search your library for a Sliver card, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
: Gain control of target Sliver. (This effect lasts indefinitely.)
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Sliver Overlord Discussion
2 weeks ago
nice to see you´re a fellow Sliver player as well :) your deck looks real good and waaaaay different than mine!
I have since switched out The First Sliver for a Sliver Overlord as my commander, and also added a Sliver Hivelord into the 99 as well - that makes it pretty nasty to play against since as soon as I have my commander out (pretty often on Turn 4, sometimes even 3) I can dig up Hivelord and protect my whole board by making it indestructible :)
of course, those were the 2 most expensive cards I ever bought and my playgroup now hates me and refuses to play against the ("broken") deck :-P
I´ll try and upload it here soon to get your opinion on it!
3 weeks ago
I love Slivers, and am more than excited to give you my two cents- however, I have a major pet peeve when it comes to deck descriptions, specifically the lack of a deck description which your page has. When you don't include a detailed description it's hard for me to get a feel for how you want to your deck to play. Plus, it'll be a big help for you as you can put some thought into how you want your Sliver deck to play...as Slivers are the most flexible tribe in all of magic (and for those of you who doubt that, or want to argue- fight me :P). So yeah, get your deck description right- here are some resources you can use to help you get started:
End Rant. So, onward onto actual suggestions. Since you're running Sliver Overlord you are going to go for a more control oriented deck. You'll likely want to focus on Slivers that help you keep a stranglehold on the board as you won't need any of the Lord Sliver s. They're simply irrelevant as you are rarely going to be swinging wide with this commander. I would just include the one Sliver Lord that actually matters: Sliver Legion .
- Acidic Sliver - sacrificing Slivers is never ideal unless you are getting the better end of the deal. Sac-ing a Sliver to deal a paltry 2 damage isn't worth it. Cut.
- Diffusion Sliver - doesn't really work in commander. Paying an extra to remove a pesky creature in Commander is hardly a tax. This card is only good in standard where you could play multiple copies of this card, and make that tax potentially or . Cut.
- Morophon, the Boundless feels more like a win-more card - essentially it's a card that only helps you if you're already ahead. Cut.
- Opaline Sliver - generally, you don't want your Slivers to be targeted at all by your opponents(hint Crystalline Sliver ) - not to mention this card is a total non-combo or non-bo with the previously mentioned sliver. Cut.
- Shadow Sliver - losing the ability to block for evasion is a risky gamble. Since Overlord is the more Control oriented Sliver and doesn't really encourage an aggro play style this sliver will rarely afford you an advantage. You have better options for evasion in the deck already (in my opinion.) Cut.
- Tempered Sliver - This Sliver only benefits you if you were playing a more aggro style deck - and also if you could play multiple copies. Getting a +1/+1 counter only if your slivers can hit the opponent is okay...but I think you could better use the card slot for something else. Cut.
- Virulent Sliver - This Sliver is cute, but unfortunately doesn't offer much in the way of a valid alternate win option. Definitely another win-more card, as you'll need 10 separate instances of combat damage on each opponent. Honestly, that's not really feasible in my opinion - unless you had 4 of these in your deck. But alas, that is a Sliver that doesn't really benefit you. Cut.
- Ward Sliver - This one i'm a little bit uncertain on as protection can be incredibly handy depending on the circumstance - but for ? That's a hefty asking price. I think you could put that mana to better use elsewhere. Cut.
So that's it for my recommendations regarding what Slivers to cut. As for the rest of you deck, i'll save those recommendations for when you can give me a bit more information on how you want your deck to play - are you looking for a more aggro play style? If so, i'd recommend Sliver Hivelord or Sliver Legion honestly - but that's for a later conversation. Look forward to your response - i'm always happy to see another Sliver deck - Chitinous Approval Ensues
1 month ago
(CAUTION: A Huge List of CMDRS dead ahead. If you can't comply, remember that I apologized for the huge wall.)
Well, I was just told how to do a Folder, but to choose what for decks is another thing entirely. Especially if such decks are either:
A: What Everyone Plays B: Are good, but have since been outdated by a year C: Are Tribal Leaders in a Specific Sense (No Morophon, the Boundless please.) D: Not Underdog CMDRs. E: Other.
Let's Just assume we use that cEDH Deck Tier List One-by-One; but w/ a new rule for Playtesting such decks so none of the cEDH Decks win out of overall ratios ~100% of the time; CHANNELFIREBALL-style. That said, From using the Tier List, I require the following CMDR Decks to not have cEDH Level Power, but are these:
The First Sliver (Not as a Sliver Tribe Leader)
Animar, Soul of Elements (Morph Decks not allowed.)
Baral, Chief of Compliance (Get your Counterspells Ready!)
General Tazri (Mandatory Ally Tribe Leader)
Scion of the Ur-Dragon (Possible Dragon Tribe Leader)
Tier 3: WIP
But, yeah, you get the picture, right? Since I can't find such decks on my own to put in such a folder for decks worth testing against your own. Rules are as follows though:
Each deck must not be of cEDH-level power; just imagine how much hell I'd have to playthrough against something just to beat a Thrasios/Tymna Partners deck just to have my claim on this notion nullified.
Decks must include CMDRs that are Popular, were Popular as well as Tribal Decks w/ Good Tribe Leaders (For example: The First Sliver & Sliver Queen do not fit this category where Sliver Overlord does fit the Sliver Tribe Leadership. Scion of the Ur-Dragon & The Ur-Dragon can both count as Dragon Tribe CMDRs. Atraxa, Praetors' Voice is actually a bad CMDR to use in Superfriends, but Shines in all Counter Life. Make good use of that instead of making a 4< Color Walkers Deck. The rulings go on...)
I know this is too much for now, but I'm making a folder for Playtesting w/ decks as everyone kept telling me to do so; now I want to hold my end of the Bargain. But I seriously need help from you to do this. If you can find any decks here to add to such a Folder, put it on the comments below.
(& no, It's not like it's a personal thing! Anyone is allowed to use it when it's finished!)
1 month ago
You need Mana Echoes
Sliver Overlord is the better commander.
Consider adding a Morophon, the Boundless
39 creatures is too many imo. Check out my sliver deck for more ideas: Cha cha real smooth
2 months ago
This doesn't look bad but I think you're missing some of the key slivers:
Shifting Sliver : Makes all you're slivers unblockable unless you're going up against another sliver deck.
Crypt Sliver : helps to avoid combat damage from blockers/combat.
Frenetic Sliver : this one is really clutch. You can just use him in response to a boardwipe to save creatures or potentially save creatures during combat. It can also be paired with Dregscape Sliver so you unearth then before the end step activate the Frenetic and choose to order the Dregscape's sacrifice effect before the Frenetic's return effect so the sacrafice from the unearth happens before the creature is returned and fissiles. so you can essentially play all the cards from your graveyard for , Provided you win the coin flip.
If you want an infinite combo piece you could look at Intruder Alarm which when paired with one of the mana producing slivers can let you play out your entire hand or if you have the Sliver Overlord out, every sliver in the deck.
2 months ago
2 months ago
id always run Sliver Overlord as commander. if u need hivelord just tutor it with overlord. makes it way easier to answer different threats
2 months ago
I personally would vote for both. Sedge Sliver does have a bit of a drawback in that you only have 7 lands that can tap for black (and be used to pay for abilities), but with Manaweft Sliver , Gemhide Sliver , and Chromatic Lantern it does shore that weakness up a bit. I play in a pretty sweeper-heavy meta, so I run a lot of regenerate/protective effects. Crypt Sliver is also pretty good, though it does non-bo with Crystalline Sliver , so might not be a great fit in a deck where you can get global shroud out and online pretty quickly.
Ghostflame Sliver plays well with All Is Dust if you wanted a sweeper of your own, and you can fetch Crib Swap with Sliver Overlord for instant speed exile removal. That and if you've got the extra mana you can just steal the changeling yourself!
Sliver Overlord occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%