Narset, Parter of Veils
Legendary Planeswalker — Narset
Each opponent can't draw more than one card each turn.
-2: Look at the top four cards of your library. You may reveal a noncreature, nonland card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
|Have (5)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Taki117 , , , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (5)||_Peavey , Flounderp , abby315 , iluvbacon610 , Iamdune|
Printings View all
|Secret Lair (SLD)||Uncommon|
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
- Narset, Parter of Veils + Winds of Change
- Narset, Parter of Veils + Wheel of Fortune
- Ashiok, Dream Render + Narset, Parter of Veils + Teferi, Time Raveler
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Narset, Parter of Veils Discussion
18 hours ago
We may want to look at Narset, Parter of Veils if we want to build a budget-friendly yet mean wheel deck that keeps your opponents thirsty for cards! :)))
1 day ago
1 day ago
Archetype sucks, it's too slow -- Supreme Verdict is all you need, really.
Basri really does nothing unless you already have a board of creatures.
Blind Obedience, while interesting in EDH, does nothing here. It literally does nothing. Trust me, I've tried to use it and I always end up cutting it.
Other than that, this can probably win games -- I'd personally put more removal in, though.
In my Sultai superfriends deck(I might splash white eventually tho for Elspeth, Sun's Champion) i have two main halves - black removal, and green/blue draw all the things. The digging engines are Narset, Parter of Veils and Oath of Nissa, which when combined can shift your deck at absurd rates. I also have 2x each Dig Through Time and Tamiyo, Collector of Tales. Combined, those two can dig quite a lot deeper than Oath/Narset but they're more mana intensive. One of my main win cons is looping my 1x The Eldest Reborn with Tammy, and you could do that with Elspeth Conquers Death or another saga.
2 days ago
Tibalt, Rakish Instigator- Moved to maybe may add to side board to stop life gain deck if they're a thing in pioneer
Tezzeret, Artifice Master- Moved to Maybe
2xAbsorb-I that TriusMalarky said to have Absorb but than i remembered Render Silent and put both on here for know I will get rid of the weaker one, gaining life is nice but stopping players from casting other spells is too nice to ignore but im sure how many deck will have more than one spell per turn to be played in pioneer
1x Ugin, the Spirit Dragon- For big finisher
2x Spark Double- Mostly for fill but being able to copy planeswalkers is a nice boon though for 4 mana might be too much
Still going to find room for Wrath effects
2 days ago
Nice build. I run a similar deck lead by Mairsil, the Pretender, in which Oona is a primary win con. My two cents: resolving a Devastation Tide, Wash Out or Cyclonic Rift before a wheel effect, such as provided by Jace's Archivist, Wheel and Deal, or Windfall (you are already running this) is enough to ruin anyone’s game. Couple it with Notion Thief (which you are already running) or Narset, Parter of Veils, and you have all-but won as you opponents are left with little to no hand. Run Reanimate for more recursion options. Have fun!
3 days ago
Narset, Parter of Veils with recursion seems decent.
3 days ago
- Nekusar, the Mindrazer hes a great commander if you wanted to change format for this deck style is really funny.
- The biggest issue with the deck is running Reliquary Tower and Underworld Dreams in the same deck you really need both effects, but the mana base is very hard to get by with.
- When deciding between these two decks ill say one is more comboy which means itll feel the same each game basically this one is mostly synergy so it'll feel different playing it each time.
- Forced Fruition is 6 mana. Youll probably hit your land drops on time due to card draw but thats still 6 turns (5 at the soonest).
- Fast lands like Sulfur Falls are great but you wanna run 3 max. They dont work well together. If your opener is just a 2-1 split of your fast lands your gonna be behind. (Shocklands are worth it).
- Consider the following: Teferi's Ageless Insight, Ominous Seas, Blasphemous Act, Fate Unraveler, Molten Psyche, Spiteful Visions, Whispering Madness + unblockable creature, Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted, Dictate of Kruphix, Megrim, Dark Deal, Waste Not, (Magus of the Wheel is sadly not legal :( ), Psychosis Crawler, Howling Mine, Liliana's Caress, Temple Bell, Incendiary Command, Prosperity, Dragon Mage, Fell Specter, Kess, Dissident Mage, Sangromancer, Magus of the Jar, Laboratory Maniac, Thassa's Oracle, Nadir Kraken, Consecrated Sphinx, Baleful Strix, Sire Of Insanity, Reverberate, Wheel of Fate, Echo of Eons, Burning Inquiry, Scheming Symmetry, Font of Mythos, Otherworld Atlas, Spellbook, Crawlspace or Ensnaring Bridge, Jace Beleren, Ashiok, Dream Render, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Narset, Parter of Veils, Geier Reach Sanitarium.
- I hope thats helpful. There's a lot of similar affects so theres a lot of routes to go.
3 days ago
Oooh Jeskai Superfriends.
Like above, getting into green is great for Oath of Nissa, but Oath of Chandra is a decent 2-of as well. Oath of Gideon is okay, and I'd go to one Oath of Tef due to the fact that when it's good it's win more and when it's bad it does nothing.
The main advantage of Superfriends decks is time -- every turn you live is a huge benefit, meaning your opponent has to choose between killing you and disabling your walkers. So run removal, so they don't even have the chance to use that option! Everything in your creatures and artifacts sections pretty much sucks, mostly because it's too slow for a really minimum impact. Use your walkers to win. I'd cut those and a few of the worse walkers for 2-mana removal(counterspells like Quench count) and some number of wrath effects. Supreme Verdict is the absolute best if you can afford it.
The tricolor taplands aren't great, but you can make use of them. I'd only run the two triomes though and get something else.
Great concept though. If you can, any number of extra turn spells, but those are hard to come by with a reasonable cost in Pioneer so don't feel too much pressure.