Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Spear of Heliod
Legendary Enchantment Artifact
Creatures you control get +1/+1
1WW, T: Destroy target creature that dealt damage to you this turn.
5 days ago
Adeline, Resplendent Cathar might be a reasonable addition. she isn't a soldier but gives you extra fodder for you to buff and will hit like a truck. Also Mirror Entity and she will be good friends with the tokens she poops out.
Errand-Rider of Gondor, Resistance Squad, Spirited Companion, Loyal Warhound, Solemn Simulacrum, and Knight of the White Orchid are always reasonable additions. you need cards and mana to play them. they also love to be blinked and revived, which is what white does best.
You have plenty of blink synergy already. Eerie Interlude, Ghostway, Semester's End are things you should strongly consider, the delayed return allows you to dodge wipes, although youll lose your tokens. Teleportation Circle might be reasonable to add. Planar Guide can also be used offensively too. And The Eternal Wanderer is outrageously strong. It does everything.
Cut Arm the Cathars its awful at 3 sorcery speed. Things like Akroma's Will exist and are 100x better. I'd honestly have you revise most of your instants and sorceries. You dont have enough draw to use spot removal like this without putting yourself at a disadvantage.
Darien, King of Kjeldor is pretty silly, although he's expensive. with the soul sisters you run, you become very very hard to kill. Conclave Phalanx isn't great in my opinion without some blinking, but if you use something like Nykthos Paragon, its very silly Knight-Captain of Eos also can do a lot to make you invincible.
Flowering of the White Tree is an amazing anthem. probably the best in the game. Spear of Heliod is probably second if you keep mana up, just because it will likely turn offense to other players because of its awful ability.
Moonshaker Cavalry is probably an instant win if you play it
LANDS: This deck might actually be able to run Scorched Ruins.
I'll look at more low cost stuff later. most of my recommendations are like 5cmc+
4 months ago
5 months ago
Updated. Not sure for the better, but for sure plays into the win conditions.
- Utter End -> Detention Sphere : Slower but more enchantments
- Cyclonic Rift -> Swan Song : If I have that kind of mana, I should win the game. Rather have a counter.
- Cathars' Crusade -> Swiftfoot Boots : Let's protect Marneus Calgar, he's kind of important to us
- Flowering of the White Tree -> Lightning Greaves : Let's protect Marneus Calgar, he's kind of important to us
- Glorious Anthem -> Rings of Brighthearth : Let's enable the infinite mana combos
- Inquisitor Greyfax -> Phyrexian Altar : Need this bugger around for consistency of infinite mana combos
- Spear of Heliod -> Pitiless Plunderer : Supports Phyrexian Altar and general ramp.
- Hour of Reckoning -> Training Grounds : Makes combos easier. Helps survive early.
- Celestine, the Living Saint -> Basalt Monolith : Infinite with Rings of Brighthearth
- Reconnaissance Mission -> Mana Drain : Kind of nice counterspell
- Solemn Simulacrum -> Laboratory Maniac : Win condition on draw
- Company Commander -> Mana Crypt : Great ramp
- White Sun's Zenith -> Clever Impersonator : Let's create a backup copy of whatever needs the most redundancy.
- Vanguard Suppressor -> Greater Auramancy : We might as well protect those enchantments
- Commissar Severina Raine -> Propaganda : Too weak a redundant win condition. Let's be consistent here and protect the motherland instead.
5 months ago
Alright, this is very much taking shape. What I would like feedback on, are the follwing ideas
3: This probably takes the deck full competitive, and would push for less win conditions and more counter spells, and other cuts. The anthems provide some protection early game.
Drop the 5 anthems (Cathars' Crusade, Flowering of the White Tree, Glorious Anthem, Inquisitor Greyfax, and Spear of Heliod... I want to keep Marshal's Anthem for recurring Mondrak, Glory Dominus) and add more protection for Marneus Calgar amd or more infinite mana combos.
- Protection: Swiftfoot Boots and Lightning Greaves (2 cards, leaving 3 for infinte combos)
- Infinite mana: Not sure what the best configuration to add:
- Phyrexian Altar is only good enough with both Mondrak, Glory Dominus and Anointed Procession in play (8 tokens for , sacrifice 6 for another go, then infinite). Alternively it needs Training Grounds or Pitiless Plunderer in play. The later is a nice addition since it strenghtens Revel in Riches position in the deck.
- Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth for infinite mana. The monolith is pretty much only useful for this scenario, while Rings of Brighthearth can be used with Marneus Calgar and Ashnod's Altar for infinite as well. Also useful alone when just searching for answers with Marneus Calgar
- Other thoughts
- Laboratory Maniac should be added as win condition if I add more infinite combos. Seems unnecessary, but could replace other conditions. Are there any compelling arguments?
- Altar of Dementia could be a spiteful win condition as well. Seems unnecessary, but could replace other conditions. Are there any compelling arguments?
Advice please? Does this go full retard?
1 year ago
Tanks for the +1!
I run Rout in my mono white deck. That ish slaps!!
1 year ago
Sick deck, a few suggestions you may or may not like
1 year ago
Angel of Glory's Rise is a winner for Darien decks, currently it will resurrect 75% of your creatures (and the bonus zombie interaction is fun too). Sun Titan is also great repeatable resurrection, bringing back a current 64% of your permanent cards.
Mirror Entity is a cool card to think about, it adds to your human/soldier count and acts as a mana-sink late game to turn your army into buff dudes (either to attack with or survive damage-based removal such as Hour of Devastation)
1 year ago
Literally did this same thing for my son. Dovescape freaked out so many people we built a deck around it. Our deck is titled "Have you heard the word?" if you want to look at it (not quite as budget as your deck, around $175).
You need to mark your commander by typing CMDR after it, flanked by asterix (if i type it out here it just adds italics) (we used Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker)