|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
At the beginning of enchanted player's first upkeep each turn, that player gets an additional upkeep step after this step.
Paradox Haze Discussion
6 hours ago
Paradox Haze might be a way to double the number of upkeep triggers you get on your turn.
1 week ago
DerektheRed THx for feedback. I kind of want to keep Perplex the transmute can look for Celestial Dawn . I think I am going to add Paradox Haze taking out Vision Skeins . BTW I like your Stax/ Control sen deck. I was going that route, but ti was more expensive and kinda the same thing every game. THx for feedback
1 week ago
hey lifemtg - Trips are looking good. A few thoughts before tomorrow...
High level: you're honing in on some good strategies, I think if you tighten them up you'll have a really fun deck. Karn's Temporal Sundering is intriguing - hitting multiple players is powerful. Maybe add more extra turns? Or, cards that support this general strategy like Paradox Haze and Mindslaver .
I also like where you're headed with blink / ETB (adding Alley Evasion). You've got Sphinx Summoner, Sharuum, Treasure Mage, etc... I'd consider adding more blink.
Building up other players' hands is risky, but that's what Trips want right? Have you considered adding wheels like Windfall ? (also, suggest replacing one-time Vision Skeins with recurring Temple Bell or similar.)
Last, here are my recommendations for cuts:
Trinket Mage fetches Sol Ring and nothing else
Finale of Glory , meh. Play someone else's!
Perplex is counterproductive.
My Trips deck isn't trying to do what yours does (and it's not budget) but feel free to skim and see if there's anything of interest in there.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 5 | 2 COMMENTS | 769 VIEWS | IN 3 FOLDERS
2 weeks ago
TYMunchakoopas yes Dramatic Reversal is great. Paradox Haze is pretty great to. They will be going in too. Right now my Kira is in a different deck sooo...... also I might update late. Thx for suggestions.
2 weeks ago
if you're running a lot of big creatures then you may want a Kira, Great Glass-Spinner . Since you run a few mana rocks and Isochron Scepter you may want to run Dramatic Reversal to create infinite mana. Paradox Haze is amazing with Sen. What are you really trying to build around?
1 month ago
So first off I just want to say sorry if you have a budget and I recommend some cards outside of price range, but here are some suggestions from me:
Cards to take out
- Murder I get that you say that there aren't many planeswalkers in your meta, but sometimes just having the option to hit them on a card that is the same mana cost and does everything else Murder does is just a better option like Hero's Downfall or like you said you fight voltron decks like Zurgo Helmsmasher a card like Vraska's Contempt is a better removal card as it exiles or only one more colorless mana.
- Isareth the Awakener while she is a reanimator, she also exiles the cards when they leave the battlefield which can hurt if you reanimate something you don't want to lose.
- Lotleth Giant - sounds like a good card when you first look at it but it requires set up and costs 7 mana. Not ideal.
- Necrotic Wound - same with the Lotleth Giant , it takes too much set up and there are better spot removal or board wipes
- Open the Graves now here me out on this one, this card is really good in a deck that wants to sacrifice their own creatures, but this looks to be more token focused which means that majority of your creatures that die don't have Open the Graves to trigger.
- Bontu's Monument it is a good card but it looks like you are going to try and cast more non-creature spells than creature spells
- Board wipes like Life's Finale or if you wanna get expensive Damnation
- Paradox Haze this card is a fun one of mine as it allows The Scarab God to have his beginning of upkeep trigger twice dealing hefty damage.
- Phyrexian Altar this card can win as it gives you deck infinite combos with Gravecrawler if you want the deck to go into that direction
- Tutors Tutors Tutors! cards like Sidisi, Undead Vizier or Diabolic Tutor are always musts in black decks as it can help you find answers or wincons when the situation calls for it. These are just a few ideas I have! If you want any more ideas please let me know!
What to put in?So what do we put in? We have a few options based on what you like:
1 month ago
Alright hkhssweiss, so I have updated and edited my deck a bit, and I wanted to see what you thought. Here are the cards I took out:
- Open the Vaults
- Font of Mythos
- Howling Mine
- Temple Bell
- Time Sieve
- Dawn Charm
- Archangel of Tithes
- Ethersworn Adjudicator
- Iona, Shield of Emeria
- Magister Sphinx
- Muzzio, Visionary Architect
- Thopter Assembly
- Windborn Muse
- Dromar's Charm
- Wurmcoil Engine
- Steel Hellkite
- and 1 Island
And these are the cards I put in:
- Grand Abolisher
- Aven Mindcensor
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator
- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
- Master Transmuter
- Arcane Denial
- Hurkyl's Recall
- Imp's Mischief
- Faith's Reward
- Strionic Resonator (To play the Triplets' Ability more than once, just like with Paradox Haze . With this, I can even play it more than twice!)
- Crystal Shard (When I take over someone with the Triplets' ability, I can use this on them to bounce one of their important creatures and then immediately recast it. The best thing is that it is repeatable!)
- Venser's Journal (I just added this to combat life loss with Necropotence . Since it also makes me have a unlimited hand size, it combos there as well.)
- Mystic Remora (Do you mind telling me how to play this card correctly? My guess is just leave it around for one or two turn cycles, right?)
- Paradox Haze
- Flooded Strand (I finally splurged and bought a fetchland. That's what I replaced the island with. Only time will tell if it was a good idea. I think it was, because I can use it later on in any deck that runs blue or white.)
Anyway, if you could tell me what you think, that would be great. And again, thanks for all of your help hkhssweiss!
1 month ago
Yo Jayd0nlink, first thing I would recommend would be to cut down the amount of high CMC cost spells. I would also run a lot more interaction magic such as Remand , Silence , Delay , Capsize , and stax type cards that would prevent them from playing more cards. Some cards that come to mind are Aven Mindcensor and the likes.
There are a lot of ways to synergize your commander with the playstyle you want to do. However big drop spells should be the first thing to do, after that you will need mana accelerators as well as protection spells, before using utility spells to get rid of cards you wouldn't like to deal with.
Feel free to ask for more help as I did play Sen for quite a bit!
Paradox Haze occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%