Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
The Eternal Wanderer
No more than one creature can attack The Eternal Wanderer each combat.
+1: Exile up to one target artifact or creature. Return that card to the battlefield under its owner's control a the beginning of that player's next end step.
0: Create a 2/2 white Samurai creature token with double strike.
-4: For each player, choose a creature that player controls. Each player sacrifices all creatures they control not chosen this way.
2 days ago
Luminous Broodmoth Archangel Avacyn Flip Elesh Norn, Mother of Machines God-Eternal Oketra Gustcloak Savior besonders weil attacking effekte ja trotzdem triggern! The Eternal Wanderer Vanquish the Horde
1 week ago
Hello fellow Wyleth, Soul of Card Draw player!
I'm glad you got both Wyleth's and Aesi's precons for a good price. They are reeeeally explosive in gameplay with a few upgrades.
I play a lot of this bad boy, and I want to suggest some swaps below 3 USD for you to take it to a higher ground:
First of all, the ramp. I found out that 2 CMC, untapped ramp is the best for Wyleth. Since he draws so many cards, he can chain rocks and voltron pieces in the same turn, so his next turn is even more explosive than the last one. I almost always have more mana than the Green decks in my pod.
- Oreskos Explorer -> Dowsing Dagger Flip (you can get this to flip easily on turn 4)
- Kor Cartographer (too slow) -> Arcane Signet
- Emeria Shepherd (Voltron decks need a REALLY good reason to run cards above 3 mana in their builds) -> Starnheim Courser (this allows you to storm out of control. It is another body to voltron if needed)
- Keeper of the Accord (the token is irrelevant for you and, with Wyleth's card draw, you won't be behind in land drops) -> Talisman of Conviction
You should run boardwipes that hits your stuff the least:
- Tragic Arrogance (no need to destroy your own stuff) -> The Eternal Wanderer's ult
- Disenchant -> Heliod's Intervention
- Ironclad Slayer (we'll compensate him in the landbase) -> Vandalblast
Also, you can streamline your removal package. All of those are fetchable by Sunforger:
- Wear / Tear (good removal, but you already have more flexible options) -> Reprieve (that's one hell of a card to fetch out with Sunforger)
- Hyena Umbra (still vulnerable to exile and bounce effects) -> Blacksmith's Skill (all-around protection)
More/better auras and equipment
- Gimli's Axe -> Maul of the Skyclaves
- Argentum Armor (too expensive to cast) -> Mirror Shield (hexproof is crucial on a Voltron build)
Cheating equip costs
- Brass Squire (having to wait a turn to use his ability is rough) -> Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist
- Kemba, Kha Regent (too slow for a Voltron build) -> Bruenor Battlehammer
More utility lands
- Minas Tirith (Wyleth draws enough cards already. Also, most of the time, you will only have a single creature on the field) -> Axgard Armory (tutor on a land)
- Plains -> Sejiri Shelter Flip (a protection spell stapled onto a land)
- Mountain -> Buried Ruin (Ironclad Slayer's removal is avenged!)
- Plains -> Mistveil Plains (it can return instants back to the deck to be fetched again by Sunforger)
- Mountain -> Great Furnace (synergy with All That Glitters and Puresteel Paladin)
- Plains -> Ancient Den (same as above)
2 months ago
Have you ever thought about Witch's Clinic or Devoted Caretaker? Not quite sure what constitutes an '8', but Crackdown is pretty neat in mono-White, few people run big White creatures, it's probably a better defense than Ghostly Prison or Norn's Annex, but it might paint a target on your back. I think at a power level of 8 you can run something like Drannith Magistrate, that might be worth a look.
Wipes are very important as your power level goes up, people's decks get 'out of hand' both quicker and to a greater extreme, even 'fair' decks might have a much scarier board than you. Even in cEDH I hear about people using wipes these days, Promise of Loyalty is one I like, this will clear out even wide boards and force people to go after each other. The Eternal Wanderer is also interesting, but she is 6 mana for a pretty fun wipe in Voltron decks. There is also Single Combat, I suppose if you keep your Commander who cares if you can't summon any new creatures?
If your power level is reasonably high you can almost count on someone drawing quite a few more cards than you, maybe Wedding Ring would be worth it?
4 months ago
The Eternal Wanderer is bonkers in my walker deck. You get to pick the opponents lamest tokens after all, pretty rare that my opponents aren't fielding a token, or utility creature. Then again, I usually have unusually beefy built up creatures in that deck as well so my keep is usually supreme
5 months ago
very janky but hear me out
5 months ago
6 months ago
Was showing a friend the Neon Dynasty anime trailer yesterday and got an idea for a deck. Basically, an blink/flicker deck featuring the planeswalkers Kaito and The Wanderer as partners. I was thinking about having the ONE versions of both of them as the commanders of this deck.
Basically, my question with this thread is... if you sat down against a deck led by these two partner planeswalkers, what would you opinion be? I purposefully avoid infinite combos if that's a concern.
There is no decklist yet. Just the bare bones of an idea I was debating exploring.