|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs Eldrazi||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Choose two —
- Target player gains 7 life.
- Put target noncreature permanent on top of its owner's library.
- Target player shuffles his or her graveyard into his or her library.
- Search your library for a creature card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||Forkbeard , Mousemke , , rebelteddybear , perrin515 , tragic_slip , Tiddilywinkus , ZombieFood , PTsmitty , firemind12 , Tyqar , ibraJG84 , Big-Foot , failurechild88|
|Want (2)||Turtlelover73 , GeminiSpartanX|
Primal Command Discussion
3 days ago
Thanks ... I'm running UG Infect now, and it's just in SUCH a rough patch, I was looking for something else to play for a while. Ponza has always seemed awesome, so I was frankly hoping to hear it was in a better place :-)
A couple thoughts though, for Death's Shadow:
- Primal Command? The versatility is great, but mode 1 seems like it would be especially useful (killing DS in early- and mid-game, and giving you that just one more turn in the late-).
- Trinisphere maybe, for sideboard? It's solid against against a bunch of decks (I learned about the card the hard way playing Infect). Not sure though if shutting down your Birds and Elves though is worth it.
Please keep us posted, and draw well!
4 days ago
I see... well I trust you, but i'm still going to put a Primal Command on mine anyway (since even if i don't have trouble with all the self-mill at least i can use it to search for Emrakul or something like that)
Do you think that the new liliana, death's majesty can make into this deck? her sinergy with Sidisi seems amazing, but commander isn't a good place for most planeswalkers. thoughts?
1 week ago
I really like the creativity in this deck. If I may suggest a couple of things to improve it though: it needs more focus, it needs to be faster.
Addressing the first thing, focus, I would say picking one or two of the infinite combos and building the rest of the deck to support it would produce more consistent results. For example, if you have a game where you have Sage of Hours and Sandsteppe Mastodon but no mana acceleration or bounce to hand effects then you're screwed. If I was to focus on which infinite combos result in the best outcome most of the time I would chose infinite turns, which probably requires infinite mana as well. That means cut Essence Warden Voracious Wurm Commune with the Gods Crater's Claws and Feed the Clan. This leaves you a lot of room to change around some stuff to better support your infinite turns game plan.
Before I suggest cards to add, I want to go over the mana acceleration bit real quick. Modern is a historically turn 4 format, but recently decks are going faster or are able to grind through anything into a longer game. I would say the best bet for this deck is to try to run fast because in order to grind you need to devote most of your slots to interaction and I don't think a combo deck like this has room for that. Additionally, in order for this deck to not scoop to creature removal, you need to be able to combo off in one turn without leaving your pieces vulnerable beforehand. So, with this in mind, I would devote most of the new slots we cleared up to generating momentum.
Here are a few cards I would suggest: Garruk Wildspeaker, Utopia Sprawl + Arbor Elf, Paradox Engine, Harmonize, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Voyaging Satyr, Primal Command, Summoner's Pact, Kiora, Master of the Depths.
These are just a few jumping points. Hope this helped. Good luck with your deck building.
3 weeks ago
lagotripha Thanks so much for the comment and upvote on the deck. You are right about needing additional ways to draw avengers. Tell me what u think of Primal Command. Do you think I should put the cards you recommended to counter combos in my sideboard. Also which mana dork should I sub out for Sylvan Caryatid. Love the Skinshifter suggestion! Thanks for the comment.
Ethon on Hydra Aggro
3 weeks ago
To add on to what Greenis said, you could add some Oath of Nissa to fix early draws and get you some steam in the late game. Primal Command is also a very good and versatile card that you could consider.
3 weeks ago
One thing to note: This shell is meant to take advantage of Goblin Dark-Dwellers, most ponza builds choose to not do this, so some of these cards will decrease the synergy that it has, but that being said.
I would probably play Blood Moon over Molten Rain since the double red requirement makes it unplayable sometimes, which thereby decreases your requirements for red mana. (You lose the ability to flashback Molten Rain from your graveyard) but I think moon is more value anyway.
1 month ago
Why didn't you just update your Spring Into Death deck list? There's only like 2 cards different, haha.
Now on to the real meat:
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed Combo
- Turn 1: Play a one drop ramp creature.
- Turn 2: Play Buried Alive and fetch Mike and Triskelion.
- Turn 3: Play Victimize, bring Mike and Trike out and ping infinitely to win.
Or tutor for Defense of the Heart and win the turn after you cast it.
Necrotic Ooze Combo
- Play Buried Alive or Survival of the Fittest.
- Grab and put Triskelion and Phyrexian Devourer into the graveyard, and get Necrotic Ooze into play.
- Make sure Necrotic Ooze gets out last if using Survival to tutor them.
- Remove all cards from your library to burn opponent(s) for the CMC of all cards in your library.
Once it's out, the only thing that can interrupt this is Split Second since you can respond by adding and removing counters.
Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord Combo
This requires some knowledge of how the stack works.
- Exile cards from your library until Phyrexian Devourer's ability is put on the stack.
- In response to the ability, continue exiling cards to beef him up more.
- Still before allowing the sacrifice to resolve, sack him to Jarad to smack your opponents for a ton of damage, similarly to the aforementioned Ooze-combo.
Colorless Mana Combo
- Have/get Ashnod's Altar in play.
- Play Nim Deathmantle.
- Play Grave Titan, pop up two 2/2 tokens.
- Sack the two tokens to Altar, then sack Titan to get a total of six .
- Use 4 of that to make Deathmantle grab Titan back and get you two more tokens
Repeat this as many times as desired, netting 2 colorless mana every loop.