|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Common|
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Common|
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Common|
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Common|
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Common|
Combos Browse all
As an additional cost to cast Tormenting Voice, discard a card.
Draw two cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||NorthernCrow , MythicMeadow , frederiklw , Atroxreaper , Tommuz , ironax , Fiolek , MythicWinter111 , silvereh , Vasbear1 , Supremespeed , Yawkcorb , TThors , Candyman949 , corys , DFDGamer|
Tormenting Voice Discussion
3 days ago
If I were you I would take out a lot of the cycling. Its a good way to draw cards but your gonna want multiple cards drawn and cards discarded if your trying to make Hollow One work in standard. heres my list of what I think you should change and my reasonings.
I would take out the Archfiend of Ifnir and add another Champion of Wits. It just does everything the deck needs to do. Even though you wont be able to play the Hollow One on turn 3 if you cast it, it still gets better as the game progresses.Even if you didn't want to do my other 2 suggestions, this one I would highly recommend as It only helps you.
Last but not least I would take out the Desert of the Mindful and add Spirebluff Canal. Your gonna want the versatility of having blue and red turn 1,2,or 3 without it coming into play tapped.It will really help your mana better as the chart shows you having not enough red mana but too much blue mana.
All in all you have a cool deck, that I think really has potential to run people over.I hope it does well!
5 days ago
Ok I get it, fetches can reanimate the Bloodghast twice. Agreed, Bloodghast is definitely something worth considering but, not while running Chandra, Torch of Defiance (she wouldn't be able to hardcast Bloodghast so both her +1s would be almost worthless with it). Burning Inquiry is great with Hollow One and Flameblade Adept but, is card disadvantage and can eliminate the cards from hand that are needed to win. Tormenting Voice is the more reliable option.
5 days ago
Dorotheus thanks for the input! I did consider Tormenting Voice but, due to the cost to cards discarded it seemed a little underpowered (a 1cmc red creature that draws a card then allows you to discard a card would be a good fit). I also considered Bloodghast but, didn't realy want to add nonbasic lands to this deck with all the Blood Moons floating around. I also agree, Chandra, Torch of Defiance may seem like an odd fit into this deck but, she can work well (the possible every turn card draw and extra mana abilities work great in this deck and to top it off, on a curve +1 chandra into a Demigod of Revenge might not be so bad on turn 5 if a land was played each turn, Vengevine is the one this deck would really like to avoid Chandra +1 into). If I may ask, does Flamewake Phoenix graveyard return ability trigger Vengevines graveyard return ability? Would Earthshaker Khenra also trigger Vengevine?
5 days ago
drop a Hazorets and Earthshaker for the 4th Neonate, 4 Flamewake Phoenix and a Tormenting Voice.
Hazoret is still a good sideboard card.
At some point you could get red fetchlands and Bloodghasts instead of Chandra, who might accidentally exile cards like Demigod and Vengevine.
6 days ago
multimedia no worries! Thank you so so much for the help!
I checked out your elf deck, awesome coding! And is that Quenya from Lord of the Rings I see? Respect!
I was wondering if you'd be okay if I posted your comments and my following response on my deck page; I like to have everything in one place and the comments don't delete there as they do on the wall. let me know!
Now, to respond to all the suggestions! Again thank you for the advice!
First off I'd like to mention that I'm not a huge fan of most X-spells, and I wanted to stray away from them somewhat because I know that's what many people are going to to with F&S. I understand the value of X-spells with F&S is huge here, but they kinda need a ton of mana pumped into them, and I don't think Boros can consistently do that. In situations where I can't get Neheb, the Eternal to stick they become less effective, even if X = 10 and I gain 100+ life, it doesn't seem worth it to me because now I've just pissed off the other 3-5 players and will probably be crippled by the clapback. Second, I'm trying to focus on Sunforger and my combos a lot more, as I think that is what will make my deck stand out when all is said and done. So Combo/sunforger first, value/x-spells second. I don't want to strip stuff away from my Sunforger for more X-spells because I feel like I'll want Sunforger goodness more. So there's some thoughts that will hopefully explain my choices and why I will or won't take some of your suggestion :)
- Doubling Cube: I think you over value this somewhat. To make it produce 4 or more mana(making it better than just any mana rock), I already need 10 mana out. So that's a while before I feel it really benifits me. I'll test it though!
Earthquake, Rolling Earthquake: I think I covered these well enough. Again I want to emphasize that I just don't want them personally, and I know that X-spells are a great way to go with this commander. Will definitely keep them in the back of my head :)
Breath of Darigaaz, Hour of Devastation, Price of Progress, Acidic Soil: these are all great damage options, and I'll be testing them out along with all the ones I got in there now, like Flame Rift, Flamebreak, Fiery Confluence, etc. Time will tell which ones are the best.
Gamble: I'm gonna be straight up with you, I hate Gamble. I've used it and It's awful.
- Faithless Looting, Tormenting Voice, Wild Guess: All good draw options. I'll consider!
- Survival Cache: I really like this one, but the fact that it can't be Sunforged was holding it back over options like Ritual of Rejuvenation and Reviving Dose. Yeah I see the rebound but that's just my philosophy getting in the way of good cards lol.
Winds of Change: I don't consider this card draw, but rather card selection. I find wheels usually help my opponents more anyway.
Mark of Asylum: Yeah this is a good one that I should find room for.
- Furnace of Rath: Out due to aggro meta :(
Hopefully all that makes some sense.
Again I definitely see the reasoning for all of the suggestions. Just not the direction I want to go :)
- Expedition Map needed to grab Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains.
- Book of Rass mid/late game draw that's a good mana sink more Neheb and a huge lifegain payoff. Also part of my beloved janky combo :)
- Basilisk Collar figured I'd be nice to snipe some big creatures, but I suppose if I'm dealing enough damage in the first place that's not needed. Probable cut.
- Swiftfoot Boots I kinda need the protection. there won't be many creatures out wth me wiping the coard so much so my creatures will be big targets.
- Strionic Resonator Can probably be cut, your right.
Painter's Servant I want my janky value! :D
- Thalia's Lancers gets Neheb or Gisela
- Stonehewer Giant gets sunforger, can also be a sweet combat trick with enough mana; two to find sunforger and two more to use sunforger to cast a life saving spell. Still, he costs a lot so maybe he'll be cut.
- Brass Squire probably cut, but is really good with sunforger.
- Imperial Recruiter gets Treasonous Ogre, Weathered Wayfarer and Painter's Servant
- Weathered Wayfarer gets Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains. not sure if you've ever played Boros but this kind of stuff is necessary, trust me.
- Fire Servant probable cut. I agree.
Generator Servant But he's so goooood. Turn 4 hasty F&S. Total pet card.
Teferi's Protection - essential part of my sunforger package. Way too good to now use.
- Tithe - can get Mistveil Plains and helps me hit those land drops. This is usually the first Sunforger target just to get the M-Plains.
- Open the Armory gets sunforger. I need all the consistency I can get.
Again thank you so so so much for the advice! Let me know if I can post it on the deck.
I don't want you to think I don't appreciate all the help and suggestions, I really do! It's just that this time around I have a different vision for my deck that a lot of these can't fit into. Thanks again friend!
6 days ago
Hey Suns_Champion, I didn't forget about you, you asked for my help :) Playtesting outside of TappedOut and writing about the new Dominaria spoilers at Radiant Elves has taken up the majority of my time for Magic.
Your Super Smash Boros | Firesong & Sunspeaker EDH deck looks great, lots of good cards and interactions. Aetherflux Reservoir is a nice secondary strategy that doesn't completely need Firesong to be a win condition, but becomes much better with Firesong.
Some suggestions to consider:
- Doubling Cube: double all red, white and colorless mana in your mana pool, great with X damage burn spells.
- Thran Dynamo: combines very well with Cube, an excellent source of colorless mana the turn it ETB.
- Earthquake: win condition, X damage to all creatures and players
- Rolling Earthquake: win condition, X damage to all creatures and players, From the Vault: Annihilation version
- Breath of Darigaaz: 4 damage to all creatures and players for four mana kicked, doesn't kill 6 toughness Firesong
- Hour of Devastation: 5 damage to all creatures and Planeswalkers, doesn't kill 6 toughness Firesong
- Price of Progress: lots of damage to each player for two mana
- Acidic Soil: lots of damage to each player for three mana
- Gamble: unconditional tutor
- Faithless Looting: early game draw
- Tormenting Voice: early game draw
- Wild Guess: early game draw
- Survival Cache: draw that's good with all the life gain from Firesong
- Winds of Change: can draw a lot of cards for only one mana
- Reiterate: crazy spell with Cube and other ramp because of buyback, double an X damage burn spell
- Mark of Asylum: protect your creatures from your own burn spells especially Firesong
- Furnace of Rath: double the damage by burn spells, makes X damage to each creature and each player burn spells ridiculous, major life gain
Doubling Cube can double all white, red and colorless mana to cast huge X damage spells which can be amazing with Firesong. Cube is the card that can give you the ability to cast Firesong or Reservoir and other burn spells all in the same turn. In fact with Cube, Firesong and Earthquake you can go off doing a ton of damage to all players and gaining a lot of life the turn you play Firesong.
I suggest adding more X damage to all creatures and all players burn spells. I think the power you're looking for with Firesong is in these spells because they can massively hurt all your opponents and not you because of lifelink. These Earthquakes don't target which is huge for the mana cost because you're damaging all creature and players at the same time not just one. Comet Storm is one of these, but it's one of the higher mana cost options. I suggest adding more because these spells give you the most bang for the mana.
Reiterate and Cube is a great combination because you will have mana to buyback Reiterate which is really good with large burn spells and a main strategy of wanting to cast instants and sorceries.
Gamble is an amazing tutor in Commander because the graveyard is very much a resource in this format. I suggest adding more cheap draw.
Mark of Asylum is busted with Firesong you can be less afraid to cast any burn spell that damages all creatures because the spell will not do damage to Firesong, but it will do damage to every other creature you don't control gaining you a ton of life.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Expedition Map
- Book of Rass
- Basilisk Collar
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Strionic Resonator
- Hedron's Archive
- Painter's Servant
- Thalia's Lancers
- Stonehewer Giant
- Brass Squire
- Imperial Recruiter
- Weathered Wayfarer
- Fire Servant
- Generator Servant
- Teferi's Protection
- Open the Armory
I'm suggesting to add quite a few more burn spells that can damage all creatures therefore it makes sense to cut a large amount of creatures because they will consistently die to these spells. I think these burn spells are much more powerful with Firesong than these creatures are.
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Apologies for the delay, I had to write this twice.One time mana sources make a lot of sense since you do need 11 mana to play your commander and equip all in the same turn.Basalt Monolith, Grim Monolith, Lion's Eye Diamond, Mana Vault, Pyretic Ritual, Desperate Ritual, Seething Song, Lotus Bloom, Lotus Petal, Treasonous Ogre, Vessel of Volatility, Simian Spirit Guide
EquipmentHammer of Nazahn, Helm of the Host, Lightning Greaves all good but how do you feel about Sword of Feast and Famine + Aggravated Assault backup strategy? Sword of the Animist is a good equipment for this strategy as well but depending on the table may not be fast enough.
Love the counter package, no Dualcaster Mage?Fork, Burnout, Pyroblast, Red Elemental Blast, Reverberate, Ricochet Trap, Glorious End, and of course Possibility Storm. Not a big fan of Veilstone Amulet in cedh but the makeup of your local meta will make or break this card. Active Volcano is probably too much.
Maybe too many colorless lands? I think you could cut one land overall but I understand you want to hit each land drop. Ancient Tomb, Buried Ruin, Cavern of Souls, City of Traitors, Command Beacon, Crystal Vein, Dwarven Ruins, Gemstone Caverns, 25xMountain, Sandstone Needle, Scorched Ruins, Sequestered Stash
Kuldotha Forgemaster is a good way to tutor the equipment into play.
Sphere of Resistance is a fantastic protection card but can make it easier for others to combo if you leave it out.
1 week ago
Embrakul is a dead draw--any time you draw her, you are not drawing a useful card worth casting. As such, you do not want more than one copy in the deck. To answer your second question, there are a couple other options for a more budget-friendly replacement.
What makes Emrakul work in this deck is not her obscene power--it's her fourth ability. If you draw her, you can place her back into your library with Tormenting Voice, thus making her available for Indomitable Creativity. The only other Eldrazi with this option are Kozilek, Butcher of Truth and Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre--neither of which are inexpensive (and, since you are not casting the creature, their other abilities are nowhere close to a match to Emrakul).
There are four non-eldrazi options:
Blightsteel Colossus: A little less expensive than the Eldrazi titans, but still a game-winner.
Darksteel Colossus: 11/11 with trample is not bad, though certainty a step down from the previous 4 options.
Guile - great card, not great for this deck.