|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Forsake the Worldly
Exile target artifact or enchantment
Cycling 2 (2, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||frederiklw , Atroxreaper , Malachy_ , brentkc49 , admizell , MattN7498 , TThors|
|Want (9)||macros , loganbowers , rco , OldSchoolFun , Nerukad , MementoMuffin , Mneys , kovellen , TigerShadow|
Forsake the Worldly Discussion
1 day ago
I am said friend that requested that this be posted. So my personal commentary for this deck:
1) Remove Revitalize - At one point I was also quite fond of cards that gain life, but they don't really help you win so much as they help you not lose. Even if this one draws a card too, it also is a card you need to spend so all it does is replace itself.
2) Remove Oakenform, Knight's Pledge - I tend to avoid Auras that buff creatures quite a lot unless there's certain circumstances. It's entirely too easy for your creature to die and for you to lose an extra card this way. The buff is tempting but it's too big of a draw back in my eyes. Squire's Devotion is a special case since it comes in with an extra creature.
4) Move Plummet to your Sideboard - You already have a not insignificant amount of anti-air options. If the deck is strictly flying creatures, that's when you move in Plummet. From your maybeboard, Naturalize or a different version Forsake the Worldly should also be sideboard material.
5) Inspired Charge - I'm not particularly fond of this card; you seem more interested in going tall than wide in this deck. But try it for now and see how well it works. It makes sense with your Mammoth, so I wouldn't outright cut it yet.
7) Rabid Bite, Take Vengeance, Gideon's Reproach, Divine Verdict - these cards are going to be your removal suite. They should all be main deck for right now, until you can find better options. Rabid Bite will always be prime for you, though.
This is not a bad start for a deck that is a modified Welcome Deck. You'll definitely want some consistency so you'll want more of your best cards and less of your not quite as good cards. As always, practice makes perfect for deck building.
3 days ago
Homelessguy - Thanks! And yes, I'm definitely thinking about Divine Visitation, for the obvious synergy with Darien and the painlands. And that card also makes Kjeldoran Outpost and Mobilization really incredible, too. It's huge that the card gives me Serra Angels and not just 4/4 flyers. Vigilance is so good for combat decks. I don't lose out too much in terms of soldiers-matter cards, either, except for a few interactions like Knight-Captain of Eos.
I'm also looking at a couple of other cards out of the new Ravnica set. I really like Crush Contraband, and may slot it in for something alongside Return to Dust and Forsake the Worldly. Or maybe I replace the latter, I'm not sure.
2 weeks ago
Thanks for the suggestions, I will cut : Costly Plunder, Cower in Fear,Disenchant, Duress, Lapse of Certainty, Hymn to Tourach, Unearth, Armillary Sphere, Darksteel Ingot, Pilgrim's Eye, Alloy Myr and some lands.
To add : Eland Umbra, Monk Idealist, Auramancer, Prismatic Lens, Guardian Idol, Gold Myr, Polluted Mire, Path of Ancestry, Sign in Blood, Pestilence, Merciless Resolve, Palace Sentinels, Forsake the Worldly.
I will look for more alternatives to add some other cards. :)
2 weeks ago
Cuts: Costly Plunder, Cower in Fear, Disenchant, Lapse of Certainty, Angelic Purge, Chainer's Edict, Choking Sands, Duress, Dust to Dust, Hymn to Tourach, Nausea, Rancid Earth, Shrivel, Soul Reap, Unearth, Armillary Sphere, Commander's Sphere, Darksteel Ingot, Orzhov Cluestone, Wayfarer's Bauble, Alloy Myr, Pilgrim's Eye, Ash Barrens, 3x Swamp.
Adds: Forsake the Worldly, Palace Sentinels, Eyeblight's Ending, Merciless Resolve, Murder, Pestilence, Rend Flesh, Sign in Blood, Drifting Meadow, Forsaken Sanctuary, Orzhov Guildgate, Path of Ancestry, Polluted Mire, Evolving Wilds, Gold Myr, Guardian Idol, Prismatic Lens, Ethereal Armor, Auramancer, Monk Idealist, Eland Umbra.
If you'd like to ask questions please hop on over to the PDH Homebase Discord server. Invite link: https://discord.gg/bePqVJ8
2 weeks ago
For the sake of saving words I'm just going to list my cuts and my adds. Then feel free to ask any questions.
Cuts: Esper Panorama, Haunted Fengraf, Rupture Spire, Transguild Promenade, Doom Blade, Invoke the Divine, Renewed Faith, Revitalize, Snuff Out, Undying Evil, Angelic Edict, Solemn Offering, Syphon Mind, Urborg Uprising, Soul Link, Guardian of the Guildpact, Kor Cartographer, Commander's Sphere, Orzhov Cluestone, Seer's Lantern, Vampire Envoy, Unhallowed Pact, Painful Lesson, Live Fast, Wayfarer's Bauble, Gray Merchant of Asphodel
Adds: Forsaken Sanctuary, Polluted Mire, Drifting Meadow, Whispersilk Cloak, Thorn of the Black Rose, Palace Sentinels, Chill to the Bone, Eyeblight's Ending, Rend Flesh, Merciless Resolve, Disturbed Burial, Grim Harvest, Afterlife, Forsake the Worldly, Journey to Nowhere, Fountain of Youth, Luxa River Shrine, Marble Chalice, Pious Kitsune, Stone Haven Medic, Tanglebloom, Fellwar Stone, Prismatic Lens, Gold Myr, Leaden Myr, Guardian Idol
1 month ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
I play this deck without the red splash.
Question for you: What is Forsake the Worldly for? I can't really think of any indestructible enchantments or artifacts that you would need the exile for. Is it for the cycling? Personally I prefer Invoke the Divine for the lifegain.