Forsake the Worldly
Exile target artifact or enchantment
Cycling 2 (2, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Forsake the Worldly occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Forsake the Worldly Discussion
2 months ago
If you want to take this deck to the next level, you should consider the following cards:
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Deafening Silence/Eidolon of Rhetoric/Rule of Law and Defense Grid: to slow down storm- and spellslinger-decks, to deny cardadvantage/ramp and to protect yourself against control and combodecks
- Lapse of Certainty/Mana Tithe/Burnout nobody expects white counters
- Your deck is lacking carddraw! Wheel of Fortune, Painful Truths, Necropotence, Heartwarming Redemption, Phyrexian Arena, Night's Whisper, Azra Oddsmaker & Dark Confidant (/Sign in Blood/Dawn of Hope)
- Toxic Deluge/Fire Covenant/Darksteel Mutation/Vandalblast/Grasp of Fate/Fiery Confluence(/Austere Command/Crush Contraband/Forsake the Worldly) - these are really good removals
- All the Moxes like Mox Opal, Mox Diamond etc.
- Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame to play your commanders on Turn 2
- Play some of the good 2 mana rocks like Orzhov Signet or Talisman of Conviction
- Land Tax & Wayfarer's Bauble (if you run enough basic lands, like now)
- Smothering Tithe - THE white staple and especially good with Wheel effects
- Imperial Recruiter, Recruiter of the Guard, Gamble or Diabolic Intent
- Play Stax to keep your opponents in check! Rest in Peace, Aura of Silence, Trinisphere, Cursed Totem, Hushbringer/Torpor Orb & Stranglehold
2 months ago
The cycling sub-theme seems like a lot more investments than payoffs.
2 months ago
5 months ago
You're off to a great start! I would recommend a bit more ramp though. Karlov draws a lot of hate, and rightfully so, so even though he's 2 CMC you'll have to recast him a fair amount. You're at 5 ramp pieces right now but I always aim for 8 in my decks, give or take a few depending on the curve of the deck. Crypt Ghast is great but expensive and delicate so it's worth running but can be unreliable. Try Wayfarer's Bauble , Star Compass , Prismatic Lens , Mind Stone , and/or Worn Powerstone .
One thing many new EDH-deck builders stumble on is not enough interaction/removal. It's usually best to focus on building your own board state than tearing down others but having some removal is very important still. I love it when I have a deck that can support heavy removal. That said, I think you might have a bit too much, especially considering you have removal in the Command Zone. Definitely keep all the enchantment/artifact removal you can (enchantments are some of the most powerful things in commander and the hardest to remove). I like the exile effects, since recursion is so common. Check out Return to Dust and Forsake the Worldly . Running 2-6 board wipes is great and you're there already.
I'd recommend replacing a few targeted-creature removal cards with some more utility cards, partucularly draw spells. Greed and Well of Lost Dreams are awesome. Try Read the Bones , Ancient Craving , Ambition's Cost , Phyrexian Arena , Arguel's Blood Fast Flip, Erebos, God of the Dead , and Promise of Power .
Rhystic Tutor is a trap. I'd drop it.
6 months ago
You should replace Fate Forgotten with Forsake the Worldly . It is an objectively better version because you can cycle it for 2, giving essential card draw for a white deck. It is also in the same budget
6 months ago
Inventors' Fair is anothe good land you could use. Also grab an Ancient Den and Darksteel Citadel as well to maximize artifact synergies. Refurbish , Emeria, The Sky Ruin , and Open the Vaults can also let you get things out of your graveyard.
Reya is probably too expensive.
Cut Heavenly Blademaster, you don't have enough creatures to take advantage of her.
Kemba, Kha Regent would be a more appropriate one because she generates tokens as blockers and swarmers if neede.
I'm not huge on Nahiri, the Lithomancer . 5 mana to not really get a lot done but make a 1/1 and equip it once. Similarly, Ajani Goldmane doesn't seem to do a lot in your deck. I think walkers like Ugin, the Ineffable and Elspeth, Sun's Champion might just straight up be better fits. You want to capitalize on that artifact synergy.
If you absolutely need something expensive and threatening, Zetalpa, Primal Dawn or Heliod, God of the Sun are good options with baked-in indestructible.
Land Tax and Smothering Tithe may also be very big includes. The second generates artifacts for anything that needs them as well as makes lots of mana or slows your opponents down considerably. Both are good for you.
Finally, you have some fun infinite mana generation in there but... what does it do? You've got no real payoff for abusing Basalt Monolith. There's no way to chain or bounce things, no aetherflux resrvoir, etc. Maybe instead of Doubling Cube , you run more linear ramp like Sword of the Animist , Explorer's Scope , or Land Tax
6 months ago
Go ahead and add:
- Arcane Signet
- Darksteel Pendant
- Commander's Sphere
- Darksteel Ingot
- Fellwar Stone
- Fountain of Ichor
- Gold Myr
- Guardian Idol
- Mind Stone
- Pristine Talisman
- Seer's Lantern
- Sisay's Ring
- Ur-Golem's Eye
- Angelic Purge
- Forsake the Worldly
- Frantic Salvage
- Rusted Relic
- Oblivion Ring
- Journey to Nowhere
- Bladed Pinions
- Whispersilk Cloak
- Desert of the True
- Drifting Meadow
- Secluded Steppe
- Inspiring Roar
- Silverflame Ritual
To make room for this (and some bad picks that should come out) remove: