Decimator of the Provinces
Creature — Eldrazi
Emerge 6 (You may cast this spell by sacrificing a creature and paying the emerge cost reduced by that creature's converted mana cost.)
When you cast Decimator of the Provinces, creatures you control get +2/+2 and gain trample until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||clayperce , gildan_bladeborn , DHermos , AlertKnave8075 , ZombieFood , PTsmitty , golgarigirl , KillDatBUG , zachi , GoldGhost012 , DrLitebur , Big-Foot|
|Want (2)||pskinn01 , fireborne1986|
Decimator of the Provinces Discussion
1 day ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
1 week ago
complexbeast, the Vital Splicer is very good in the deck because you can use the golem as a regenerating blocker to force your opponent into the late game, two creatures in one card gives maximum value off of Craterhoof Behemoth, and a 4 mana 1/1 can gain you lots of value from emerge on Decimator of the Provinces. Hungry Spriggan is very aggressive and may have been a bad idea in this deck, though.
Darth_Savage, Heroic Intervention is a great idea as a 2 or 3 of in sideboard, but it may be useless in too many matchups to see much mainboard play. Vitaspore Thallid looks pretty good, but I just don't see it being useful enough during games, as Craterhoof Behemoth and Decimator of the Provinces both have haste and are usually enough to win the game as soon as they are played.
Thanks so much for the help! I really appreciate it! If anyone else has suggestions for how to improve the deck, please let me know in comments!
1 week ago
Then, if I wanna keep going with wolf stuff, since I have lots of creatures, I can use Kessig Cagebreakers, and for more spell punishing, Witchstalker. This is 23 creatures, so I've got room for Decimator of the Provinces and Hamlet Captain (Two cards that I just like playing). That brings me to 25, Plus the gods and Eternal Witness makes 29, plus... I think I'll do Metallic Mimic. Thanks for helping with the creature base!
1 week ago
And of course ...
1 week ago
Jagd_TallgeeseThanks so much for your suggestions! I'm also considering adding a Decimator of the Provinces, in case I end up having lots of tokens, or Nissa, Nature's Artisan. I would also like to werewolf base that can also kick ass.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
That's too bad, perhaps the monkey can get along with The Decimator of the Provinces? I mean what party couldn't be better with a Monkey riding around on a pig?
3 weeks ago
Nice deck :)
in my version, Venser, Shaper Savant works great as a control creature. The recent reprint in Modern Masters has made this card a lot cheaper.
Also, Decimator of the Provinces works wonders as another win-condition card that basically guarantees you a free cast off of Rashmi and you rarely actually spend 10 mana to cast it.