Creature — Dragon
Join Forces - Whenever Mana-Charged Dragon attacks or blocks, each player starting with you may pay any amount of mana. Mana-Charged Dragon gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is the total amount of mana paid this way.
|Have (2)||Mortiferus_Rosa , pskinn01|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Rare|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Mana-Charged Dragon occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Mana-Charged Dragon Discussion
1 month ago
Lanzo493 - Thanks for the suggestion. I used to run Moonveil and took it out because it was one of the weaker dragons I ran at the time. However looking at the list now, it has more utility than Mana-Charged Dragon , so out goes that one and in goes Moonveil. Thanks!
3 months ago
A few I haven't seen yet:
- Time Reversal (pretty sure at least one of those is a moon)
- Opportunity (7th)
- Dreamborn Muse (Legions, 10th, Commander)
- Higure, the Still Wind (Betrayers, Planechase)
- All Sun's Zenith cards (Mirrodin Besieged)
- Etched Champion (Scars)
- Strionic Resonator (very debatable) (M14, Commander 2019)
- Gustha's Scepter (Alliances)
- Solarion (Fifth Dawn)
- Precursor Golem (Scars)
- Flying Carpet (Revised, Arabian Nights, 4t, 5th, 6th) (on the minaret)
- Oblivion Stone (Mirrodin, Commander)
- Doomsday (arguable) (Masters 25)
- Mortivore (9th, 10th, Odyssey, Commander)
- Ihsan's Shade (Masters 25)
- Dralnu's Pet (Planeshift)
- Ribbons of the Reikai (Betrayers)
- Somnophore (arguable) (Urza's Saga)
- Jace, the Living Guildpact (2015 Core Set)
- Elvish Ranger (Alliances)
- Descendants' Path (Avacyn)
- Burn at the Stake (Avacyn)
- Chaos Imps (Return to Ravnica)
- Enlightened Tutor (right cheek tattoo) (Mirage, 6th)
- Mother of Runes (in the hieroglyphics, top left) (Eternal Masters)
- Nevermore (Innistrad)
- Bottle of Suleiman (Arabian Nights)
- Silent-Blade Oni (Planechase, Commander 2018)
- Angel of Despair (Guildpact, Commander, Ultimate Masters)
- Glacial Fortress (Magic 2010-2013)
- Darkslick Shores (Scars)
- Plateau (arguable) (Alpha-Revised)
- Caged Sun (New Phyrexia, Commander 2014)
- Berserk (on the belt) (arguable) (All editions but A/B/U)
- Brutalizer Exarch (New Phyrexia, Planechase)
- Lotus Cobra (Zendikar, Iconic Masters)
- Homeward Path (Commander, Commander 2013, Commander 2016)
- Lake of the Dead (arguable) (Alliances)
- Tribute to the Wild (Commander, Commander 2015)
- Serene Heart (Mirage)
- Tranquil Domain (arguable) (Mirage)
- Guard Gomazoa (Rise of the Eldrazi, Commander)
- High Tide (Fallen Empires variant 2)
- Ray of Command (Mirage, Commander)
- Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon (arguable) (Scars)
- Thrummingbird (Scars)
- Hand of the Praetors (Scars)
- Sword of Light and Shadow (Modern Masters)
- Sword of Body and Mind (Scars, FTV: Relics)
- Sword of Feast and Famine (Mirrodin Beseiged)
- Sword of War and Peace (New Phyrexia)
- Mana-Charged Dragon (Commander)
- Crucible of Worlds (Fifth Dawn, 10th Ed, Core 2019)
Couple tips when looking for moons: Both actual moons and moon symbols count, so keep an eye out for moons on things like books, texts, and manufactured things in the art. There is no limit on how small they can be, though it's obvious it has to be large enough to make out. Some cards have very small, very sneaky moons hidden in them this way.
10 months ago
Dense Foliage protects your guys while allowing your creature based abilities to still target.
One of my favorite creatures to throw mana at is Hateflayer . You can "untap" it even if it's not tapped, allowing you to wither the living hell out of somebody.
11 months ago
Out: - Citadel Siege - Crucible of Fire - Dragon Breath - Dragon Fangs - Dragon Scales - Dragon Shadow - Fervent Charge - Mighty Emergence - Sarkhan's Unsealing - Triumph of Ferocity - Atarka Monument - Dragon's Hoard - Dromoka Monument - Kolaghan Monument - Ojutai Monument - Silumgar Monument - Response / Resurgence - Akoum Hellkite - Bone Dragon - Dromoka, the Eternal - Flameblast Dragon - Foe-Razer Regent - Furyborn Hellkite - Hoarding Dragon - Jugan, the Rising Star - Mana-Charged Dragon - Nicol Bolas - Shieldhide Dragon - Azorius Chancery - Gruul Turf - Izzet Boilerworks - Orzhov Basilica - Rakdos Carnarium - Simic Growth Chamber
Replacement Options - Atarka, World Render - Boneyard Scourge - Broodmate Dragon - Darigaaz Reincarnated - Dragonlord Kolaghan - Harbinger of the Hunt - Hellkite Tyrant - Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund - Kokusho, the Evening Star - Nesting Dragon - Rith, the Awakener - Ryusei, the Falling Star - Scourge of the Throne - Utvara Hellkite - Vaevictis Asmadi, the Dire - Skyshroud Claim - Nissa's Pilgrimage - Farseek - Sol Ring - Smothering Tithe - Dragonspeaker Shaman - Earthquake - Commander's Sphere - Chromatic Lantern - Darksteel Ingot - Wayfarer's Bauble - Fellwar Stone - Armillary Sphere - Burnished Hart - Mirari's Wake - Curse of Opulence - Unclaimed Territory - Exotic Orchard - Mountain s, Swamp s, Forest s, Island s, Plains
11 months ago
Had an interesting 1v1 play-through on this against an Edgar deck. That deck would probably run all over this one 8/10 times.
I had Stormbreath Dragon (not monstrous), Glorybringer and Zirilan of the Claw out. I had Glorybringer up a few turns and had exerted to clear some of the board by pinging and had kept things locked down with AEther Flash . My opponent had just tutored for Austere Command , but couldn't cast it on their turn. They had one creature untapped on their side and they were sitting at 30 life. I was sitting on 6 mana and had Final Fortune in my hand.
I tapped 3 and Zirilan to tutor out Tyrant's Familiar and swung. Tyrant's Familiar dealt with the one blocker and allowed all three to get through for 15 (after Tyrant's Familiar added +2/+2). In my second main phase I use the Final Fortune with my remaining 3 mana. After untapping, I tutor again with Zirilan of the Claw and go get Mana-Charged Dragon . With my remaining three mana I add +2/+0 to the Mana-Charged Dragon and I am able to swing for another 15, taking my appointment out.
This is exactly what this deck is designed to do - tutor for answers and a wincon. I don't think it will work often and it will struggle even more in multiplayer, but in 1v1, it is fun. I need to play test some more.
1 year ago
I don't think Rhythm is worth a spot in here, seems like a redundancy that's not needed due to your commander.
As for growth spiral, I would look at maybe Roar of the Crowd or Cancel . Roar seems like it has a high CMC for what it does, especially when you're likely to chose dragons. Since they have such a high CMC you're unlikely to have enough out to make it worth running over another stronger burn card, such as Comet Storm or such.
As far as other adjustments, I would try and make the following swaps:
+1 from me, I like dragon decks.
1 year ago
Always nice to see another Kaalia deck as she was my first (shameless plug: Still Better than Dan Brown...). Firstly, is that "sideboard" in fact meant to be your wants list? If so, just make your acquireboard public to avoid any confusion! Anyway I'd recommend losing Ancient Hellkite, Mana-Charged Dragon and Victory's Herald. Consider Angelic Field Marshal/Demon of Wailing Agonies/Tyrant's Familiar as you'll usually be getting them out with Kaalia. Speaking of, if you want to stop her getting munched take a look at Dust Corona and Reconnaissance, either of which might be better than Angelic Chorus or Exquisite Blood - good cards, but 5cmc is the spot where you can start thinking about hard-casting creatures and you don't really seem to have any synergistic plays with gaining life (perhaps introduce Krav, the Unredeemed/Regna, the Redeemer combo?). If you can upgrade your package to include Anguished Unmaking and Vindicate over cards like Wrecking Ball then do: unconditional removal is never a dead draw. Finally, Helm of the Host is epic with Kaalia.
Ps, I see you run Armageddon. Depending on who you play with, I would recommend either going all-in on the land destruction by getting more mana rocks and other spells like Cataclysm or dropping it entirely. It can make you very unpopular...