|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase 2012 Edition||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Sigil of the Empty Throne
Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, put a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (22)||Tiddilywinkus , pskinn01 , maR2307 , Venser_the_Sojoner , Nebman227 , TrackerD , miracle , voidruby , Dr_Jay , thetechzombie , MattN7498 , CampbellStev , golgarigirl , PTsmitty , jhTheMan99 , Halphinian , Mousemke , ironax , the.beanpole , hwagner , GeminiSpartanX , sonnet666|
Sigil of the Empty Throne Discussion
1 day ago
The problem with both of those ideas is that the main aim to to cast Enduring Ideal to tutor for enchantments each upkeep, which means that I am unable to cast future spells, so cards in hand are stuck there. Also as the enchantment cards are put into play I don't cast them so they wont trigger Sigil of the Empty Throne.
1 day ago
Perhaps you could use Sigil of the Empty Throne in place of Luminarch Ascension? You have enough enchantments.
1 day ago
Greed is a better version of Erebos' already very strong activated ability.
Tamiyo's Journal can be pretty great in a slower matchup, the utility of choosing to draw or tutor makes it good in multiple different scenarios.
Having No Mercy in play means your opponent can only really ever afford to attack you with lethal damage if at all.
Also you should throw in a Kor Haven, it's just a crazy good land.
Sorin Markov does so much here, particularly setting your opponent to 10 life, meaning if Kambal is out, they can only cast up to 4 more non-creature spells before dying.
Ward of Bones can lock your opponent out of playing creatures, and because of your pin-down auras, what creatures they do have out may be worthless.
BONUS: Grand Abolisher stops all sorts of counterspells and insant-speed nonsense.
4 days ago
Daxos is amazing and I like this deck! So, +1 from me! Some questions though:
Rest in Peace seems a bit counter-productive considering you're also running Animate Dead, Debtors' Knell, Grave Betrayal. Not saying it's not a useful card; just that whenever it's out, these three cards become pretty useless (and the other way around too).
I find a similar contradiction in your use of Humility. This card is absolutely awesome, but not in a deck that largely depends on you being able to use your (cheap) tokens to win the day for you. Also, once it's on the field, cards like Luminarch Ascension and Sigil of the Empty Throne become a bit obsolete.
As for additions, I'd recommend Crystal Chimes (a Replenish that can be re-cast if you have Sun Titan in play), Grim Guardian (for some nice pinging action!) and Flickering Ward (to give yourself some more XP each turn). For more ideas, check out my Daxos deck freely.
Cheers and have fun!
1 week ago
You're running most of the guild gates already so you could strongly consider Maze's End. In a deck like Child, you want a win condition that won't be delayed by his effect and this is certainly one of them. If you choose to run Maze's end you will also want to run the gates you are missing and Gatecreeper Vine to help move things along.
2 weeks ago
Nice to see another Sigarda deck that runs (almost) no artifacts and plenty of artifact hate. I love your inclusion of Titania's Song, great find. I browsed to your list and here are some thoughts:
- How is Celestial Mantle working for you? I never tested it myself as it seemed too expensive for its effect. Whats your take on that?
- Do you get enough value out of Exploration? When I ran it, it did not often made a difference because of the low amount of lands. Curious to hear your experiences with that card.
- I ended up cutting Flickerform. Keeping 4 mana open was quite a hefty tax imo. You could consider Heroic Intervention for that spot if you happen to have similar experiences.
- Did you know Spectra Ward prevents you from playing new auras on Sigarda afterwards? It doesn't remove existing aura's, but it does prevent new (colored) aura's to target Sigarda.
- Novablast Wurm seems like a random inclusion ;). If you are looking for more wipes I can really recommend Austere Command. Easy to shape to benefit you the most and can also knock out all artifacts, like creeping corrosion. Divine Reckoning is another good wipe for voltron decks.
- Other cards I can recommend are: Battle Mastery, Aurification, Sigil of the Empty Throne, Darksteel Mutation, and Lignify.
Hope there are some thoughts there that are helpful to you.
GL & HF,