|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
If Gemstone Caverns is in your opening hand and you're not playing first, you may begin the game with Gemstone Caverns in play with a luck counter on it. If you do, remove a card in your hand from the game.
Tap: Add (1) to your mana pool. If Gemstone Caverns has a luck counter on it, instead add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (8)||kpral , angesoir , Skulldrey , chrysaries , Sparky41 , rockleemyhero , fireborne1986 , Justinaut|
|Want (7)||phoere , rainbowofdeath , Mousemke , mlouden03 , dplerner , Esquire_ , Andre_Whales|
Gemstone Caverns Discussion
1 day ago
I realize I've increased dramatically the number of bad hands, I think (hope) that having cards like Collective Brutality and Careful Study aside from Chrome Mox and Gemstone Caverns would help me to get value from cards that shouldn't be on an oppening hand.
6 days ago
Apologies for the delay, I had to write this twice.One time mana sources make a lot of sense since you do need 11 mana to play your commander and equip all in the same turn.Basalt Monolith, Grim Monolith, Lion's Eye Diamond, Mana Vault, Pyretic Ritual, Desperate Ritual, Seething Song, Lotus Bloom, Lotus Petal, Treasonous Ogre, Vessel of Volatility, Simian Spirit Guide
EquipmentHammer of Nazahn, Helm of the Host, Lightning Greaves all good but how do you feel about Sword of Feast and Famine + Aggravated Assault backup strategy? Sword of the Animist is a good equipment for this strategy as well but depending on the table may not be fast enough.
Love the counter package, no Dualcaster Mage?Fork, Burnout, Pyroblast, Red Elemental Blast, Reverberate, Ricochet Trap, Glorious End, and of course Possibility Storm. Not a big fan of Veilstone Amulet in cedh but the makeup of your local meta will make or break this card. Active Volcano is probably too much.
Maybe too many colorless lands? I think you could cut one land overall but I understand you want to hit each land drop. Ancient Tomb, Buried Ruin, Cavern of Souls, City of Traitors, Command Beacon, Crystal Vein, Dwarven Ruins, Gemstone Caverns, 25xMountain, Sandstone Needle, Scorched Ruins, Sequestered Stash
Kuldotha Forgemaster is a good way to tutor the equipment into play.
Sphere of Resistance is a fantastic protection card but can make it easier for others to combo if you leave it out.
2 weeks ago
I tried to build a deck similar to this one some time ago... I'd consider adding 4x Palladium Myr instead of Warden of Geometries, since it gives more mana and can be flipped by Matter Reshaper's death trigger effect.Since you run colorless, I'd consider utility lands such as Ghost Quarter or Sea Gate Wreckage.Maybe consider also Gemstone Caverns in the land department.
Good luck and happy brewing!
2 weeks ago
I'm a relatively new cEDH deckbuilder, and my Grand Arbiter Augustin IV list is my first attempt at a build that can play with the big boys =P. Started brewing to compete in sanctioned at my LGS, and eventually take it to side events during prix and SCG events. I'm not trying to necessarily maximize variance to ensure optimal consistency of wins.... I'm trying to maximize wins in an "archenemy" EDH setting, where I'll have the highest chance of still claiming victory in spite of 3 players ready to hate me off the table right after the general flip ( In my LGS scene, general rule of thumb is throw as much hate my way as possible). This is why I opt to play Augustin with a hard stax/prison shell, with light combo, as opposed to a more reactive control focus found in French.
1) Which card would you personally switch on the main with Trinisphere ? I rather enjoy my Sword of Feast and Famine in Augustin, was considering dropped Faith's Reward and relying solely on Teferi's Protection, though with the frequency of wipes, and with the often 2-card Felidar Sovereign combo, I've been torn. I do feel at this point Trinisphere needs to make an appearance to make it a truly degenerate competitive deck.
2) I've been trying to drop my average CMC a pinch more (I still don't know if 2.38, or 2.27 with considerations for Force of Will / Mental Misstep / Chancellor of the Annex is considered competitive enough).... is Aetherflux Reservoir best left to kitchen table, or can it be a strong competitive alt-wincon? It feels a little more storm-ish to me, and Stony Silence / Null Rod already put me in trouble.... it seems like I would make them into a silver bullet even more
3) Gemstone Caverns & Chancellor of the Annex are staying in the build 100% (I'm willing to take the ever-slight consistency hit to enable straight blowout games, and it was already hard enough finally dropping Leyline of Anticipation =P),Darksteel Citadel I understand the pros/cons, but enjoy the land destruction asymmetry / early metalcraft... I find turn 1-2 Augustin enabled by it, and creating early mana asymmetry, usually play to my favor more than the inclusion of a colorless screws my opening hand. Thinking at this point Halimar Depths needs to go, however.
4) Any cards that you feel the deck absolutely needs, aren't exorbitant (I'm not about to pick up a Tabernacle anytime soon), and I'm a fool for not running?
Thank you for your time.
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 2 | 5 COMMENTS | 194 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the feedback.
I think the main weekness of this deck is a counterspell or discard. By adding Muddle the Mixture we have protection for counterspells, if we draw into a second Muddle the Mixture or a Treasure Hunt, so I think you are right and we can cut Boseiju, Who Shelters All.Otherwise, we can transmute it on turn 3 and play Treasure Hunt+Zombie Infestation o turn 4. The downside of Muddle the Mixture is, that we won't draw so many cards with Treasure Hunt, but in the most sinuations we have bigger starting hands. Against discard I like Nephalia Academy.
3 weeks ago
I like the idea of Muddle the Mixture it definately seems to amp up the consistancy, (Though it does make it a lot slower as well.)
There are a couple of land choices I disagree with, however.
One of which is Boseiju, Who Shelters All. I see the appeal of the card for sure, but every stable in the format that can counter Treasure Hunt can counter Zombie Infestation as well. Up to you is you think the etxra lands are worth it. If you're meta is very counter-heavy, it may be, I'm just not sold.
Another one is Leechridden Swamp. The card is perfectly fine fot the deck as an alternetive Wincon, I just think it's a subuptimal choice. Creeping Tar Pit could be a good replacement/addition. So could Faerie Conclave, and Mutavault.
Lastly is that you only run 3 Gemstone Caverns. I think you want to start with this land every single time you're on the draw, and since you have so many land options when on the play, I can see very few scenarios where it gets in your way.
1 month ago
he's legal as of the 19th and he's one of the best control cards in the game!! Probably a cheap may for them to sell the next set Masters 25. Other more experienced blue Tron sources have said a 2 blue sorc speed is no good for this deck but I think if you can put him in play with a third blue to protect him he would win more games than Gemstone Caverns would. So I'll try going to 9 blue sources and 2 Field of Ruin as basics fetching plus Talisman of Dominance to fix my Mana. I'll even drop the Trinket Mage for a Fabricate so I can fetch the Talisman of Dominance or my Oblivion Stone. Like you said tho, it'll take some play testing.
1 month ago
1) Engineered Explosives is good in the current meta with death shadow decks running around. it is also really good against burn, affinity, zoo, and decks like that. also good as a 1 for 1 to get rid of a pesky Search for Azcanta Flip or Pithing Needle. I do, however, run River of Tears and Gemstone Caverns to get it up to 2 counters. Worst case scenario you can discard it to thirst for knowledge if it does absolutely nothing. Overall I like it, but it may be better in the sideboard.
2) Gifts Ungiven I have found to be REALLY good. You can do it on your opponents end step if they don't do anything relevant to tutor up Tron (usually something like Expedition Map, missing Tron land(s), Tolaria West, and an interaction spell). It can also be used to get a couple threats (usually something like Torrential Gearhulk, Wurmcoil Engine, Treasure Mage, and Mindslaver) either of those 4 can be interchanged with a map that will turn into an Academy Ruins depending on how pressured you are. Those are the combinations i usually get, but if I'm in a pinch i can use it to fetch up 4 interactive spells to keep me alive.