|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica: Guild Kit (GK1)||Uncommon|
|Return to Ravnica (RTR)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Counter target spell unless its controller pays . If that spell is countered this way, exile it instead of putting it into its owner's graveyard.
|Have (21)||ibraJG84 , ironax , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , Mousemke , admizell , TThors , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , richardmv , bradyofportdetroit , Kimimaro , NorthernCrow , darthnuchi , fireborne1986 , nakni , Tmanator , itheoryz , VampireArm , FiggyMadison , ahobrien , AlbinoLion , _raeofsunlight|
|Want (17)||mgla , craileys , Brissan , lpuniverse_trishalynn , Mtang8264 , 2OfHearts , MasonCole6 , bothofourshoes , kovellen , Turtlelover73 , Vael , Dk1997 , Mojomuffin , snowmaster55555atgmaildotcom , Zehro , kathor , gavriel1136|
1 week ago
Wutmeworry You don't have that many islands so maybe switch Engulf the Shore with Sleep or another big counter of your choice. For control decks you just probably need to increase the amount of basic counters like Negate or Spell Pierce . Syncopate is just a better Clash of Wills . I don't have I am working on currently so I'll instead plug my friends.
SCORE: 3 | 5 COMMENTS | 58 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
1 week ago
Secondly, Nezahal, Primal Tide would probably be a better replacement for Teferi than Dovin/Dovin's Dimissal. Just a 1 of, and some more card draw like 1x Opt and 2x Revitalize against burn/aggro could help.
Additionally, for the sideboard I'd drop the creatures, Omenspeaker and Healer's Hawk s in for more Ixalan's Binding s and Negate s. Perhaps siding out an Essence Scatter and a Lawmage's Binding from the mainboard and bringing in another couple Settle the Wreckage s could help against the ever-popular midrange lists like Esper/Sultai as well.
That's about it though, good luck and a +1 from me!
1 week ago
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Let me start by saying I've been playing Mizzix since he was released, and I've constantly strived to make my [[Primer]] Knowledge & Flame deck the best it can be. I'd like to believe with a 96% competitive rating, and the fact that I RARELY lose with the deck means it's a solid deck. As such it has seen several iterations and I've tried playing all kinds of cards... So here's a bit of advice.
I only have 17 cards that aren't spells that Mizzix can discount, 6 of which is Ramp. I only have two creatures, Niv-Mizzet, Parun (I'm testing him for extra draw power and secondary win con) and Laboratory Maniac as one of my main win cons. Of the 9 cards remaining 2 cards help me with consistent draw power, 2 are to protect Mizzix, 2 win me the game, and the rest are just there. Now I'm telling you all this because even with me having so little cards that aren't reduced by Mizzix I STILL end up with them sitting in my hand for ages for fear of tapping out and not having a counterspell up. So there are a lot of cards you have in this deck that do not directly add to your winning... And some cards that just don't play well with a deck that wants to either combo out or burn everyone into the ground.
Here are some suggested cuts:
- Invert // Invent: Invert does nothing really, and Invent is WAY too expensive for what it does.
- Seething Song: Just trade it out for Desperate Ritual so that you can tutor Reiterate and Desperate Ritual with Firemind's
- Keranos, God Of Storms: Great card, but honestly it's just a win more card, this won't win you the game.
- Melek, Izzet Paragon: I played with this for awhile but at the end of the day it's the same as Keranos
- Blatant Thievery: It's a great card, but it always felt lackluster for me because it requires your opponents to have a good board state, which obviously you don't want. I'd suggest Aethersnatch in it's place because then your opponent just plays a spell for you.
- Ignite Memories/Mind's Desire: Storm cards are good but they don't get you the game. In fact I have whiffed both of those spells more times than I can count! I'd say go for something a bit more certain.
- Mizzium Mortars: I just think that this doesn't kill a LOT of creatures in this format Blasphemous Act is strictly better.
- Stolen Goods: It's too easy for this to be a bad card. what if it's a Rampant Growth or vanilla 2/2 or a lord that doesn't do squat for you. Just too RNG
- Temporal Fissure: Too expensive and again it's too easy to whiff the storm aspect
- Sentinel Tower: It just makes you a target, unless you are committing to storm.
- Future Sight: As a blue player you always want people to assume you have a counterspell, or don't want others to know you have a counterspell... This crushes that. If you REALLY need this effect, which I think isn't worthwhile, Precognition Field is better.
- Sunbird's Invocation: WAY TOO EXPENSIVE, and it's strictly just a win more card.
I know I stated a lot of cards are too expensive and you are playing mizzix but assume mizzix isn't on the table because he will be killed or a target 90% of the time.
Here are some cards I'd highly suggest playing:
- The Usuals: I know it's expensive but... Mana Drain , Force of Will , and Pact of Negation I feel are absolutely necessary for this deck.
- Lightning Bolt : I know someone told you to take this out... but... Firemind's plus 4 experience counters means you win the game. You dig for infinite mana with Reiterat+Reality Spasm/Desperate Ritual and grab lightning bolt to copy infinite times with infinite mana casting reiterate on it infinitely. It's a one card combo basically.
- Mission Briefing
- Power Sink : At worst its a counterspell at best it forces someone to pass turn.
- Disallow : One of the best counters in the game.
- Fuel for the Cause
- Increasing Vengeance
- Nexus of Fate
- Scour from Existence
- Coldsteel Heart
- Pyromancer's Goggles
- Darksteel Plate
- Fanning the Flames
- Mana Geyser
- Time Stretch
- Mystic Retrieval
- Mystic Speculation
Sorry I know I posted a lot but I'm really passionate about this deck, and I love to see mizzix players succeed.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Syncopate occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
All decks: 0.34%