|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Planeswalker — Ajani
+2: Reveal the top three cards from your library. Put all nonland permanent cards revealed this way into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
-2: Exile target creature. Its controller gains life equal its power.
-9: Put five +1+1 counters on each creature you control and five loyalty counters on each other planeswalker you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||perrin515 , Nemesis , marsthesoos , Spinalripper , Paradise_Collectibles , , jhTheMan99 , clayperce , dexxter7 , gildan_bladeborn , TheRealPeaches|
|Want (2)||TheRealPeaches , KB2187|
Ajani Unyielding Discussion
18 hours ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
1 day ago
Okay here are my promised suggestions.
Take out Winter Orb for Winding Constrictor, Trophy Mage for Master Biomancer, Tangle Wire for Eternal Witness, remove Sun Titan for a Ajani Unyielding, Supreme Verdict for I believe As Foretold even though not covered in your list if you can acquire one of these I recommend it, otherwise add maybe Vorel of the Hull Clade.
Beyond this, swap Stasis for Hardened Scales, Shred Memory for Scavenging Ooze, Perplex for Thrummingbird, Peacekeeper for either Authority of the Consulate (Will explain why soon) or Corpsejack Menace if not, Narset Transcendent for Glen Elendra Archmage, Muddle the Mixture for Abzan Charm, Luminarch Ascension for Aura Shards, Kiora, Master of the Depths for Forgotten Ancient, Idyllic Tutor for Collective Effort, Humility for I think Archangel of Thune if you have or can get one easily the card works well when you have of course your commander and Authority of the Consuls if you choose to run that, or just Rishkar's Expertise, Fabricate for Crystalline Crawler, Aura of Silence for Prime Speaker Zegana.
You could always add in some hydras to this like Primordial Hydra, Kalonian Hydra, and Lifeblood Hydra. Some other considerations are Reliquary Tower and Thought Vessel which I recommend one or more (I use both) so you don't ever have to worry about discard when you play Prime Speaker Zegana or Rishkar's Expertise. I also think you should try and add Inspiring Call which further supports having something for unlimited handsize. Oath of Ajani, Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, Abzan Falconer, and Chasm Skulker(good if you include all of that card draw) are a few other ideas.
When I can again I will try and help you find a place for Viral Drake and any others I missed/suggested additionally.
2 days ago
You are welcome. Another card that comes to mind is Primeval Titan. And if i was to remove a card from your list, i would cut 4x Elvish Piper, since the only creature you have worth cheating is Avenger of Zendikar, and in a deck with so much ramp like this one, i think it isnt worth it. The piper, for max potential of its use, is usually paired with creatures that have really high cmc cost (Emrakul) or some difficult conditions to cast them (progenitus). So, while it can still be used here, i think you are wasting its potential and taking away efficiency from this deck.
Also, Congregation at Dawn is usually played in combo decks, which have a winning condition on the spot if they get the cards they need. Yours is more of a synergy deck, without any immediate wincon. So you may switch it for a card that actually gives you card advantage, and not just arrange you topdeck. For example, Wall of Omens or Harmonize.
It just occured to me that you could go the Nissa, Voice of Zendikar and either Ajani, Mentor of Heroes or Ajani Unyielding path and support them with Oath of Ajani. Not only it helps you ramp to play your PWs (though nissa is already cheap), but it also synergyzes well with your tokens. And there is a really nice endgame confunction between nissa's and ajani unyielding's ultimates, letting you take total control of the lategame by refilling your life and giving you a lot of card advantage.
If you have the money, Path to Exile will always be better than Angelic Purge. If you face against enchantments and artifacts, green and white are the best colors to get rid of them. So just add a sideboard card to you main board on game 2. PTE can also be used on one of your own creatures to get you another landfall (i can't think of a situtation where you would chose that, but it is an option nevertheless).
One last thought. If you want to emphazise even more on landfall, you could try cards like Sakura-Tribe Elder or Viridian Emissary/Primal Druid. And ofc, the opus magnum of landfall is Lotus Cobra, but it is a bit expensive.
1 week ago
I really like your deck, i'm working on a Karametra Primal Surge deck myself, however i don't have a Akroma's Memorial and don't want to spend the money on one and was having trouble trying to figure out a way to make sure i win off of Surge and noticed Odric in your deck which seems like a solid plan B (will probably be plan A for me) and think i'm gona steal that from you =). Do you have any other suggestions for cheaper ability wh*res other then Akroma herself or another cheaper idea then Memorial to give all your creatures haste in green or white or possibly something that will let me combo off to win when i surge? I was thinking maybe Embodiment of Insight, but you would have to hit it pretty early on the surge and doesn't seem very good outside of trying to surge. Some suggestions for yours would be Ajani Unyielding (a big reason i even want to make this a Primal Surge deck) and Aura Shards.
1 week ago
This is a decent set, not to crazy really. Some cards are being pushed to certain formats in mind(some modern, pauper, a speckle of legacy) and looks to be a really fun limited experience. I see a grindfest like Khans/Fate kind of speed. I just wish they made some kind of planeswalker removal at instant speed. I don't need to explain the difference between Hero's Downfall and Ruinous Path in term of context.
We NEED a Hero's Downfall at this stage of rotation, what does WOTC not understand about this?
We have with after this release (not including the intro deck planeswalkers)
Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
Gideon of the Trials
Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
Nissa, Vital Force
Nissa, Steward of Elements
Tamiyo, Field Researcher
Arlinn Kord Flip
Jace, Unraveler of Secrets
Nahiri, the Harbinger
Sorin, Grim Nemesis
Liliana, the Last Hope
liliana, death's majesty
Tezzeret the Schemer
Chandra, Torch of Defiance
Ob Nixilis Reignited
Kiora, Master of the Depths
20 Hard-to-interact-with, usually C.A. Engines, Sweepers or can build incremental board presence that if unchecked can win the game flat out(excepting with Trials he just doesn't make you lose.) What's sad is that there is no reason to play any of the nice gods because you have a planeswalker who for the most part can do their job better at that slot anyway with minimal risk and max reward.
1 week ago
Abzan Battle Priest: Malisimo. Todo lo que tenga Outlast es malo. Es de las peores habilidades que sacaron en el ultimo tiempo. Es demasiado lenta. Y no ganas un partido curandote. En vez de usar algo que hace que no te mueras, usa algo que gane el partido.
Abzan Falconer: Idem. Le doy el beneficio de la duda porque da volar, y es bastante relevante. Pero a la larga la vas a terminar sacando.
Briarbridge Patrol: Si queres robar carta, usa mejor Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, que no depende del combate ni del estado de la mesa. No estas jugando eldrazis o bombas incasteables como para que tengas una necesidad de hardcastear tu mano. El mazo tiene una curva relativamente baja, para ser Commander.
Kessig Cagebreakers: Lo veo poco relevante, lento. Funciona solo cuando estas perdiendo. Que se yo...le doy el beneficio de la duda.
Asceticism: Redundante. Hace lo mismo que el comandante, y probablemente este en mesa seguido. No es mala carta, pero ya tu comandante hace el 70% de esa carta. Usa el slot en otra cosa
Raking Canopy: Poco relevante. No sabes si va a haber criaturas voladoras en mesa, no sabes si van a ser 4/4, o mas.
Wrap in Vigor: No previene la ira mas comun de todo el formato. No sirve.
Reclaiming Vines: Idem
Day of Judgment: Para que???? Estas jugando casi 10 cartas para que lo tuyo sobreviva a una ira, y vas a jugar iras?? no tiene el mas minimo sentido...
Planar Outburst: Idem
Throne of Empires: No hace nada que quieras hacer en el mazo.
2 weeks ago
Just out of curiosity, have you considered adding Ajani Unyielding? I know it's got a high cost, but it does provide card advantage with the +2 ability, has some limited life gain ability, and has a great ultimate. Nissa, Voice of Zendikar and Gideon, Ally of Zendikar would be possible additions if you're thinking of planeswalkers. They all provide possibilities for buffing creatures. Ajani gives the ability to get extra cards.
Just curious about your thoughts on Ajani in this G/W humans deck?