|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Nomad Cleric
, : Search your library for a land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library. Activate this ability only if an opponent controls more lands than you.
Weathered Wayfarer Discussion
3 days ago
@ Gloglok I know card advantage can be very difficult in mono white (It works with card value). For me Arch of Orazca cost too much as a card draw engine. I can recommend you following to try out:
Lifegain plan: Swap all cards below 5 mana except Weathered Wayfarer , so you can use Dawn of Hope . Key cards for a lifegain plan would be cards like Resplendent Angel , Archangel of Thune , Auriok Champion , Serra Ascendant
Add blue or black: Kills devotion and then the deck goes into white-blue or white-black prison control (see death and taxes) with angels as some finishers
Artifacts: not really productive to the devotion plan but Tower of Fortunes is one solid card draw engine. A while back i tested also Tamiyo's Journal but it both of them were too slow for me. (You can still try it tough)
Next tests i do: Serra the Benevolent , requires more flying creatures to work properly. Angel of Jubilation stops enemy fetchlands, phyrexian mana, and any pay life effect but not bolt proof! , Archangel of Tithes actually perfect for this deck, swap for boardwipe Gideon Blackblade , requires even more low mana creatures like Knight of the Holy Nimbus which is actually a 3/3 indestructible for double white
1 week ago
I'm digging the invincible and destroy all mashed together. Creates strong board control and allows you to swing uncontested.
Fist, I've noticed you're running 46 lands, which is quite a few. I think you could cut down to 38 very easily, especially if you cut a few of the larger CMC spells in favor of cheaper alternatives.
So what would I spend those 8 land slots on? Tutors and ramp.
Serenity could be a hot include too for more control. Porphyry Nodes works in a similar vein for creatures and probably combos better with your deck. Planar Collapse is another cheap wiper that can clear the board for you.
Knight of the Holy Nimbus works surprisingly well here too.
I don't think you actually want All Is Dust for this deck! Your commander flipped is a white permanent, and sacrifice goes through indestructible! One of the lower cost mass destruction ( Porphyry Nodes / Planar Collapse ) could easily fit this slot if you didn't use it to replace some plains. Fiend Hunter is also an excellent choice, as it lets you reuse ETB effects by wiping the board, or gives you spot removal on an opponents problem creature.
Not a fan of Omen Machine here either. Pretty expensive for a stax type piece, would much rather see Aven Mindcensor for flash blowouts + beats or more wipes or Spirit of the Labyrinth to keep draw-hate in your list.
Emeria Shepherd Adarkar Valkyrie and Palisade Giant could all be lower CMC creatures to smooth over your early game. Soltari Visionary could give some extra control elements, while Samurai of the Pale Curtain could help against graveyard strategies. Dust Elemental lets you reset your ETB creatures or can be flashed in at EOT before yours to prepare for a board wipe. Even Serene Master could be good for early game to help you get more to mid game!
2 weeks ago
I bumped into this list and felt like leaving a comment. I love Oketra, because she’s similar to the way I play Karamentra. From that perspective, these are some tips I have for your list:
- I’m missing the best mana sinks for this commander: Whitemane Lion , Kor Skyfisher and Stonecloaker . They can all bounce themselves, leading to cheap 4/4 vigilance tokens. Especially if you also have a cost reducer out.
- Aetherflux Reservoir can be good in this deck. Matches your lifegain theme and your commander.
- You hardly run any carddraw spells. Consider adding creatures like Mentor of the Meek , Bygone Bishop and Sandstone Oracle .
- Your ramp could also use some more spots. Solemn Simulacrum , Knight of the White Orchid , Weathered Wayfarer and Kor Cartographer are all creatures that do so, triggering Oketra. Another nice cost reducer that is just above your budget is Cloud Key .
- Selfless Spirit is a nice creature that protects your board.
Some card I would cut:
- Ajani’s Mantra doesn’t seem to be worth it. There are way better lifegain options
- Divine Visitation doesn’t seem like the best fit in this deck. Most your tokens are going to be 4/4 already. That card seems better suited in a deck that only makes small tokens.
- You are running some cards that require a +1/+1 counter synergy, but you hardly have any cards with +1/+1 counters. That theme also has no relation with your commander, so it seems a bit weird to me to include that here. I would cut some of those cards from the deck: like abzan battle priest, abzan falconer, annoy bond-kin.
Hope some of these tips match your vision for the deck!
GL & HF,
2 weeks ago
ChibiNature Thank you for you fast response.
I don't really like Stonehorn Dignitary all that much, but I haven't thought of a replacement yet.
Zealous Conscripts is great in that it steals ANY permanent (Planeswalker, Enchantment, ... and especially opponent's special lands). I pair this with High Market that I fetch with Weathered Wayfarer . Miren, the Moaning Well might work but it takes 3 colorless to activate it... too expensive.
Turns out I like the instant resolve of flicker effects better than the ones that come back at End phase such as Otherworldly Journey .
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
I get what you guys are saying but she still is a great card. And white sucks at draw card. You guys are correct on that one as well. Much better in the 99 with a splash color like green.
1 month ago
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 4 | 3 COMMENTS | 439 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
1 month ago
I would say, this deck needs more lands, 26 is way too few, you will struggle to cast anything if you don't hit your land drops. I would say at least 8 more lands and some land fetchers would be good,
Sword of the Animist
are all good here. But start trimming to make room for lands first. then you can think about putting in land fetch. I know this is a casual deck, but you will want to be able to play the deck, so since
is kind of expensive, maybe drop that one if you can't afford it, but the others are cheap enough and good to have.
but I must say, you do have some spells in here that I didn't think of that are really nice Stand Firm for example is fantastic.
Weathered Wayfarer occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%