|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Nomad Cleric
, : Search your library for a land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library. Activate this ability only if an opponent controls more lands than you.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||miracle , Dsmonsta , sepheroth119 , fireborne1986 , Fullmetalmage , TheRealPeaches , Shiromakuro , kpral , Wolfebladeelite , Azdranax , zach353 , Dimarx , Hellsing , Justinaut|
|Want (10)||Xue-Kaihua , Turtlelover73 , sonnet666 , pskinn01 , Sparky41 , mk102 , Suns_Champion , meowCat1234 , darleen , sneferie|
Weathered Wayfarer Discussion
4 days ago
I bought the deck and played it quite a few times and realized that any amount of control really ends the deck. Runed Halo will prevent some of it. Well of Lost Dreams is pretty useless. Weathered Wayfarer was added along with some extra lands to help the ramp.
1 week ago
@lagotripha Ill look into Knight of the White Orchid in play testing. It is a solid recommendation for the deck and may help staying on curve. Im not certain about Weathered Wayfarer for Mikaeus, the Lunarch.
1 week ago
I highly reccomend cutting the number of extraplanar lens and wells to just one of each- you need to get the deck turning on faster and more reliably. A playset of Knight of the White Orchid will immensely improve things, and I'd run a couple of Weathered Wayfarer in place of a pair of Mikaeus, the Lunarch.
1 week ago
1 week ago
@vault - I'm not entirely sure why you're running Crucible of Worlds. I see that you are running the fetch lands and crucible allows you to replay them, but I doubt you'd want to burn a tutor to get your crucible. You're also only running, by my count, 10 legal targets to fetch, but there is overlap with those targets, and you've got 7 fetch lands. I see in earlier iterations you were running Azusa, but you aren't anymore. It looks like you've only got one card that is allowing for additional land drops, so Crucible seems even less fruitful. You've got plenty of dorks... Maybe it's too slow, but Elvish Harbinger will at worst get you a dork and at best get you Oracle of Mul Daya or Bloom Tender. It also provides a mana fixing option as well. You could swap out one dork for the Joiner Adept and then all your lands become dual lands and you're probably mana fixed immediately.
Weathered Wayfarer could help tutor up any land, but it may be too slow. My only argument for including it is because you're land count is at 33 and it would guarantee a land drop every turn if you are running behind or on the draw... a possible replacement for Farseek. It's a stretch but Cryptolith Rite could be useful. It all depends how many of those dorks and/or saprolings end up on the board.
I could be wrong, none of these suggestions may improve tempo at all.
1 week ago
Having a backup to your commander is always good, so Concerted Effort could be a good inclusion. Mirran Crusader is another powerful source of double strike, and with Concerted Effort echoing protections, you could even give your entire team protection from two of the most popular colors. I feel like you could use a little more cheap ramp in the deck. Knight of the White Orchid gives you first strike, and also ramps you if you're behind, and Weathered Wayfarer, while not actually ramping you, gets you your utility lands and makes sure you keep hitting your land drops. I'm not sure about this last suggestion, but Sword of Vengeance seems pretty sweet with all the keywords it gives. It not only gives first strike and vigilance, which are pretty easy to come by on other creatures, but also trample and haste, which are very powerful abilities to have.
1 month ago
Very nice to see someone honor an undoubtedly heavy loss in this manner; you have my sympathies. As for suggestions, some mana rocks or cards that would cheapen the casting of some of the more expensive stuff in your deck would go a long way in improving this deck's speed. Cards to keep in mind could be Sol Ring, Pearl Medallion and Marble Diamond. Should you have the coin available, Weathered Wayfarer and Land Tax are also great accelerators for mono-white decks.
In case you need any more inspiration for your Angel deck, please feel free to peruse mine: White Light Incarnate. Have great fun building and playing this!
1 month ago
For starters, this looks like a fun deck to play. Swarming the board with tokens is always an exciting strategy. I find myself agreeing with ZendikariWol though about swapping commanders. This kind of deck would probably prefer a commander that costs less than 7 because that's a lot.
Also, your mana curve is rather high. Lowering it means you'll have more to play on earlier turns more often.
Here are some cards I might recommend adding:
- Conqueror's Pledge - I heard you liked soldiers
- Captain's Call or Cenn's Enlistment - similar effects, one has more upfront tokens but the other you can cast repeatedly.
- Hero of Bladehold - not a soldier herself but brings friends and buffs all attackers
- Teferi's Protection - token decks are weak to boardwipes. This phases you and all your permanents out of existence letting your token army dodge the removal. Obviously this is expensive, so I think it would depend on your meta
- Sergeant-at-Arms - Makes one soldier early game. Makes 3 soldiers late game
- Daru Warchief - buffs and discounts
- Field Marshal - buffs and first strike
- Veteran's Armaments - essentially a 0 equip cost
Here are some cards I might recommend removing:
- Planar Portal - wow, 12 mana tutor. That's a lot of mana. And you do have Citanul Flute which is similar
- Angelic Arbiter - this prevents you from casting something like Mobilization and then capitalizing on it
- Herald of War - not a soldier, doesn't buff all your non-human soldiers
- Mikaeus, the Lunarch - lots of mana, $5
- Requiem Angel - also not a soldier. Though the tokens are nice, they aren't soldiers, to be fair
- Weathered Wayfarer - I know white doesn't have tons of options for this kind of thing, but this is $14 and seems rather out of place.