Whenever an opponent loses life, that player puts that many cards from the top of his or her library into his or her graveyard. (Damage dealt by sources without infect causes loss of life.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
1 week ago
The best way to keep from dying so quickly is to kill everyone else faster. To that end, consider:
- More wheel spells such as Dark Deal , Molten Psyche , Reforge the Soul , and Wheel of Fortune (budget permitting).
- Glistening Oil to provide another source of Infect (you'll kill them with wheels before the negative effect takes your Nekusar off the field).
- Dangerous combos that synergize with your deck strategy. Bloodchief Ascension is easy to activate with your commander and combos with Mindcrank to produce infinite mill. Curiosity is dangerous when placed on Nekusar, and can create a loop when placed on Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind (who also combos well with your commander).
Second way to keep from losing: Better control.
- You are in Blue and should be running more counterspells.
- You should have more spot removal that can destroy problematic cards.
- Helm of the Ghastlord combos with Nekusar and a wheel to lock opponents out of the game (they can only play instants before the Ghastlord triggers resolve and cause them to discard every card they ever draw).
- Sigil of Sleep on Nekusar turns each wheel into a mini-Cyclonic Rift.
Add more ramp artifacts so you can get online quicker and fire off multiple wheels per turn.
Add Library of Leng - it allows you to use wheels to engineer a better hand by sending to graveyard what you do not need and keeping what you do.
Finally, you should reduce your average CMC substantially. A lot of your high-costed cards do not have particularly useful synergies to your deck--they might be decent cards in a vacuum, but they really are not great with your particular strategy. Plague Wind , Tidespout Tyrant , all of your 5-mana spells, all of your seven-mana spells, Rise from the Tides , and Roil Elemental are all things you can cut to make room for more synergistic options.
1 month ago
Bruvac the Grandiloquent to double milling effects.
Maddening Cacophony for the kicked cost to mill half a library.
1 month ago
Have you considered any combination of Maddening Cacophony , Ruin Crab and Jace's Archivist ? Both MC and RC can get around permanents that give your opponents hexproof and JA has an activated ability that works like windfall.
Also, I'd suggest considering Teferi's Ageless Insight . This enchantment combined with JA essentially increases the number of cards in your hand each time you activate the ability, increasing the size of your hand each turn if you have no maximum hand size.
With Drake Haven's activated ability and Gavi's static ability, may I suggest Altar of the Brood to add some extra mill for the deck?
With all the cards in your deck offering damage, I'd recommend adding Mindcrank .
1 month ago
Removals • Bioessence Hydra - Expensive for the cost and really only can pop if you’re out with a ton of planeswalkers. - Doesn’t truly allow to combo off or put yourself further in a win position • Vryn Wingmare - Just ok. Could levy into stronger creatures. • Martial Coup - An ok board wipe but there’s better ones out there. • Altar of Dementia - Not valid as sacrifice doesn't proc with totem armor • Really Good spread of Lands. Quick pace and some very solid duals that keep up your pace • Dovin Baan - Does not help advance your enchantment Mill objective. • Dovin, Hand of Control - Not great in commander as you have to activate it on your turn • Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner - You’re not hitting with large creatures. Mill is your objective with a subtheme of enchanted/totem creatures • Finest Hour - You’re milling, not attacking. You already should be having fliers anyway.
Suggestions: • Common theme that the deck needs to be built from a behind position. You have an easy commander to keep some BRUTAL pieces alive and well.
• Many of your creatures do not utilize tapping effects (which should be your goal with the commander).
• Will need some life gain enchantments to stay in the game
• Creatures that tap for mana and have totem armor. Easy ramp - Karametra's Acolyte
• More instant or sorcery spells that actually can mill an opponent - Maddening Cacophony
• Absolutely need some mana rocks
1 month ago
So, I read a bit in your primer. Chains of Mephistopheles is worded weird. BUT, how chains works with Anvil is weird.
That first card they draw (Anvil Card) they discard a card first, then draw. Then they draw there card for turn, which will not trigger Chains of Mephistopheles. It's 1 discard difference, but it's pretty huge for board state interaction.
I would recommend Mindcrank for this deck if your running Bloodchief Ascension . It's not the cEDH Tergrid, but if your opponents are discarding already, why not? Necropotence seems good here since you can get around your own Anvil trigger, and your own Chains triggers since you aren't drawing the cards. This impacts the board state on an entirely different level if YOU aren't being effected by Chains either.
Underworld Dreams seems pretty solid as well and I'm surprised your not running it too since your opponents are losing life off of each card they draw (Triggering your Bloodchief)
1 month ago
In contrast I would also suggest a Ashiok, Dream Render as pretty much every deck with black and green enjoy graveyard recursion.
And lastly i would replace Fated Return with something like Beacon of Unrest . 7 mana is very steep.
3 months ago
3 months ago
Patron is indeed nice but is way too mana expensive without Rat Offering. I made this deck not as another Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank deck but as something out of the ordinary. I don't want to rely on that combo (or an enhanced version of it) to win
But hey, I'll see if I can fit Patron in my Rat deck