Creature — Human Wizard
Sacrifice a land: Target creature you control gains shroud until end of turn. (It can't be the target of spells or abilities.)
|Want (2)||Instinctive , thatdoctorwhoguy|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Sylvan Safekeeper Discussion
6 hours ago
So there were comments above (in multiple posts) about cards to cut for the new nuggets in Zendikar Rising and the one I would suggest is Steely Resolve. It's not entirely necessary for the deck to function and since you can tutor for Sylvan Safekeeper and have to naturally draw Resolve (which is also a questionable top deck late game), makes it a candidate for a swap in my books.
1 day ago
Profet93 - the most prevalent wrath is Toxic Deluge the intervention does nothing to stop that. Any spot removal is taken care of by Veil of Summer and Sylvan Safekeeper. The list is tight; if things like Wrath of God were more prevalent I'd consider it.
Song of the Dryads - is in the original version I had but I'm finding that there haven't been many engines or commander dependent decks making waves.
1 day ago
Hey man! so far I really dig your list and it's already looking pretty good. Some suggestions I`d make are:
Adding more low CMC creatures who can sac themselves especially activated for no mana cost are good with Meren to get experience counters faster without needing a sac outlet. Especially Dawntreader Elk and Diligent Farmhand are more optimal than Yavimaya Elder or Viridian Emissary. Other options are Blood Pet or Apprentice Necromancer.
I see you're running the Mike + Trike combo, so I'd add some protection like Sylvan Safekeeper, Heroic Intervention or Veil of Summer to prevent interuption. If you're going for a more controlly attempt I'd further more add some instant speed interaction like Krosan Grip, Beast Within or Assassin's Trophy.
All in all I'd try to lower the average cmc a bit, by cutting some of the high cost cards like Butcher of Malakir to speed up overall game play.
Good luck and stay safe!
2 weeks ago
Hey, thanks a lot for your many suggestions. I have a very personal style of deck building so I will take a look at them through my own lens. Yes, this will mean that the resulting deck will not be as powerful as it could be, and it will definitely include some, as you call them, 'bad' cards. I have a very strong disdain for 'staples', I prefer each of my decks feeling unique and the idea of staples kind of runs contrary to that. Of course, I have my exceptions, like Sol Ring/Lightning Greaves/Swiftfoot Boots making it into nearly every one of my decks, but that will be a reason I won't included many of the cards you point out as staples. I have no intention of making this a competitive deck, so for those of your suggestions that I don't take, that will likely be the reason. Also note that I have not added the lands yet, some of your suggestions are definitely good ones though.
Lastly, I am building on my current Omnath deck, and I have a nearly complete Champions of Kamigawa set, which allows me to very easily experiment with any cards from there, which would take preference over acquiring new cards to fill the spots, since I can, and, with time, probably will replace them later. One question I have is, since you're recommending I cut cards like Vines of Vastwood and Archetype of Endurance, one of my big worries with this deck is Sachi being vulnerable to removal, and my pack of shamen not being of much use without her. I may consider your suggestion of Sylvan Safekeeper, but it still feels kind of light to me (as well as being very vulnerable to any form of boardwipe). I don't think Veil of Summer is going to be quite the thing for me, especially with the pricetag attached to it, since the decks I play against within my playgroup differ wildly on colours. Are there any other suggestions you have as far as protection goes?
3 weeks ago
- Card draw:
- Sylvan Library : Card draw.
- Elvish Visionary : Cheap, cantrip, shaman.
- Mosswort Bridge : Pseudo cantrip.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip : Pseudo cantrip. Flip = better Gaea's Cradle.
- Blighted Woodland : Comes into play untapped. Ramp card mid-lategame.
- Path of Ancestry : Potential card filter.
- Strip Mine : Utility land.
- Gingerbread Cabin : Forest with minor upside. No reason not to play it in mono green.
- Fauna Shaman : Tutor, shaman.
- Noxious Revival : Manaless. Allows another shot for wincons.
- Scavenging Ooze : Manasink. graveyard disruption.
- Card draw:
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary : Card draw.
- Beast Whisperer : Green conditional card draw.
- Guardian Project : Green conditional card draw.
- Runic Armasaur : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Compost : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Sakura-Tribe Scout : Early game shaman. Mana acceleration.
- Genesis Wave : Pseudo card advantage.
- Arch of Orazca : Card draw.
- Win more:
- Myojin of Life's Web : Too expensive. Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile lategame.
- Patron of the Orochi : Quest for Renewal is cheaper.
- Gigantomancer : Cute, but 8 mana is too much for this kind of effect.
- Archetype of Endurance : Win more card. No real synergy. Asceticism Is better (although also not recommended).
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad : This is a bad card.
- Soul of the Harvest : Beast Whisperer / Guardian Project, cheaper. Almost same effect.
- Sakiko, Mother of Summer : Too expensive. Doesn't do enough for mana cost.
- Sage of Ancient Lore Flip : Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile mid-lategame.
- Wildheart Invoker : This is a bad card.
- Sakura-Tribe Springcaller : This is a bad card.
- Loaming Shaman : Not enough card draw that allows you to get your desired cards in you hand.
- Essence Warden : This is a bad card.
- Vines of Vastwood : Very situational card.
- Squall Line : Not very good card. Situational.
- Krosan Grip : Expensive situational removal.
- Gilded Lotus : Unnecessary ramp.
- Tranquil Grove : Unless your meta plays a lot of enchantments, not really necessary. Otherwise, recommmend Back to Nature instead.
- Beastmaster Ascension : Your creatures are not big enough for this to work consistently.
- Spidersilk Armor: No tutors, not enough card draw to obtain it. Unreliable flyer prevention. Silklash Spider Will hold off flyers with tutors.
Staple cards are cards I recommend obtaining and using, since they are almost always good cards to have in any green deck. The rest is up to preference and should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope I could be of some use to you.
4 weeks ago
Another card i really like is Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder it gives you so much sac fooder.
1 month ago
Keeper is busted. Just saying, right now, any land deck that can run white needs it. Sylvan Safekeeper or any other sacrifice outlet and you will run out of basics, it's busted, Splendid Reclamation and it's a win. It's like Burgeoning met Land Tax and it's stupid good. Any token aristocrats deck like Elenda, the Dusk Rose gets an easy sacrifice per opponent's turn that has more than a few creatures, as you just sacrifice all the tokens to a Carrion Feeder or whatever and get right back to where you need it.
Better than Oracle of Mul Daya easily. Card advantage? Check. Mana advantage? Maybe not, but mana parity no matter how you abuse it.
New partners are scary. Hope they reprint the old ones for price concerns!
1 month ago
Surely I can help. You want to look for how many forests/elves you have to start. Quirion Ranger/Wirewood Symbiote are great for the first activation, however easily you could go for something else like a dork.
I like going for tutor chains that give value. However, if you have enough mana for two activations and an additional you can win on the second turn you activate him, as long as you got one of the two untappers previously mentioned!
If you want another chain that takes less mana on the win scenario, here are some choices you can try out! Corridor Monitor on two, Hyrax Tower Scout/Deceiver Exarch/Pestermite/Bounding Krasis on three, and clones, for further levels if you just want to get to another combo you like.
Galvanic Alchemist deserves a mention in my opinion, as it allows for one of the best lines I know of, specifically in Tasigur.
Deathrite Shaman -> Biomancer's Familiar -> Galvanic Alchemist -> Wirewood Channeler. The channeled at that point taps for at least two, so with the alchemist makes infinite mana of all 5 colors, but getting infinite blue and filtering it back in, however you can remember that Yisan would just cost 1 Green mana for the last two activations, so is much cheaper near the end.
Again, Familiar, Deathrite, and Alchemist are good value, with Alchemist you can bind it to Yisan for tons of value, and the familiar works with the Arcanist, Yisan, and Tasigur! There are a ton of replacements for both Wirewood Channeler, like Zaxara, and a ton more for Deathrite Shaman, as any elf would work, or often even no elf! The issue is that summoning sickness is pretty sad.