|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Wizard
Sacrifice a land: Target creature you control gains shroud until end of turn. (It can't be the target of spells or abilities.)
Sylvan Safekeeper Discussion
2 weeks ago
Jefello: Wow, that's super cool! Glad you're enjoying it, dude!! :)
That's exactly what my games are like, I am always treated as the archenemy so it adds a lot of pressure to make the correct plays at all times. Super happy you're having fun with it, and I would love to see your list, if you didn't mind, I am always searching for inspiration. Sylvan Safekeeper is phenomenal, but I removed him a long time ago due to the lack of lands in the budgetless, but seems to make sense here with more lands to sac. I might consider him or Eladamri, Lord of Leaves since ver. is more elf centric.
As for Raff, I keep starting him, but I am just so hooked on Yeva, I can't drop it for any other deck. Also stay tunes, I got some changes to budget. Probably sometime this week.
2 weeks ago
Varolz is probably my favorite deck that I've built so far, but the ideal route is to go with a elf ball shell. Play all the dorks you can find because 1) they are very early mana ramp, 2) you can sac them to protect your commander, and 3) you can scavenge them when you're done with them (nice thing is the elves usually pay for themselves, float mana, sac and use it to scavenge). Don't forget Birds of Paradise
That is step # 1 for consistency mana to do crazy stuff. Step 2 is either consistent mill, or consistent tutor, or both. For the mill plan, best card to use is Mesmeric Orb . Get that turn 1 with soul ring, and you're going places. There are a lot of budget options to mill. On the other hand, with the tutors you'll be more consistent and basically turn into an one-turn-kill with either Phyrexian Dreadnought or Death's Shadow on your commander or something that has infect.
Cards to think about, as they have work wonders for me
Jarad's Orders you combo that with Elvish Spirit Guide + Phyrexian Dreadnought . It's beautifully on curve. 1 dork, turn 2 commander, turn 3, Jarad's Orders to get it, and you're swinging on turn 3 with 14 power (commander no doubt)
Berserk is insane with this style of deck
Green Sun's Zenith is very good tutor in a creature style deck
Sylvan Safekeeper is a very good protection card
Solidarity of Heroes doubles those counters on the cheap
Kalonian Hydra get's very big, very fast in this deck.
Chord of Calling works well in an elf ball deck
Necropotence is pretty busted
and my pet card Not of This World . Once you have put a large amount of counters on a creature, probably want to protect it....with a free colorless counterspell.
3 weeks ago
I am currently deployed (getting back in two weeks!) and will be buying a car when I get back... so I am a bit behind when this deck is concerned. A key note is that the last update has been done in my head, but not in paper because the deck is safely back home haha. I will likely have to rock an non-foil Crop Rotation , Sylvan Safekeeper and Prismatic Vista until the finances calm down a bit haha.
1 month ago
Presenting my Lord Windgrace deck once again:
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 4 | 11 COMMENTS | 166 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
I've made some good changes to it, and am looking to squeeze in a few more. I've got Sylvan Safekeeper and Zuran Orb looking for spots, or any argument that they shouldn't get spots. Looking for upvotes, too!
1 month ago
Yeah, I mean it's not legal yet. Plus, I'll probably have to wait till the secound wave to get a physical copy of chulane. With 0 interaction yes it can snow ball 3-4. I do wonder if the protection in the deck can stand up to multiple sources of interaction. Spellskite and Sylvan Safekeeper have always been mvps in my commander centric builds.
1 month ago
Fun stuff. Village Bell-Ringer and perhaps Great Oak Guardian may be of some interest to you as sort of another Intruder Alarm effect. Also, protection is key when playing this commander Spellskite and Sylvan Safekeeper have been mvps for me. You can check out my brew for some more ideas :) Great Oak Guardian cmc is a bit high for my tastes but I know some people like him for redundancy.
1 month ago
This is a somewhat strange request. The interaction between Dakmor Salvage and The Gitrog Monster is extremely strong, and very cheap monetarily. You should consider running a couple dredge cards for value anyways, as hitting 2-3 extra draws off a dredge is an easy and once again cheap monetarily way to get ahead in card advantage.
To humor you though, here's what I'd probably run.
- The full suite of 1 drop mana dorks Arbor Elf Llanowar Elves Fyndhorn Elves Birds of Paradise etc. etc. and some big dorks like Priest of Titania
- Cards that let me put extra lands into play for more landfall triggers Sakura-Tribe Scout Skyshroud Ranger Azusa, Lost but Seeking Explore Exploration Burgeoning maybe even Walking Atlas
- Cards that let me turn lands into effects or otherwise graveyard the lands Sylvan Safekeeper Constant Mists Crop Rotation Elvish Reclaimer Edge of Autumn Lotus Field Forbidden Ritual Reprocess Harrow
- Cards that love lands entering battlefield or graveyard Terravore Titania, Protector of Argoth Avenger of Zendikar Rampaging Baloths Undergrowth Champion Lotus Cobra
- Symmetrical black land hate cards that I can break parity on with Gitrog draws and recursion Smallpox Pox Death Cloud Desolation
- Recursion effects for all these land sacs Life from the Loam Groundskeeper Crucible of Worlds Ramunap Excavator
- Cards that go with my board hate subtheme here Torment of Hailfire Oppression Necrogen Mists Bottomless Pit Bane of Progress Back to Nature Black Sun's Zenith Damnation Root Maze Caustic Caterpillar
- Finishers if you don't want to combo, like Beastmaster Ascension Genesis Wave Craterhoof Behemoth Overrun Overwhelming Stampede
And from there, round it out with some efficient early game beaters, some spot removal, land ramp, and a bit of card draw.
Sylvan Safekeeper occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%