Jace, Wielder of Mysteries
Legendary Planeswalker — Jace
If you would draw a card while your library has no cards in it, you win the game instead.
+1: Target player puts the top two cards of their library into their graveyard. Draw a card.
-8: Draw seven cards. Then if your library has no cards in it, you win the game.
|Have (3)||mcstevo , , gildan_bladeborn|
Combos Browse all
- Elvish Visionary + Jace, Wielder of Mysteries
- Elsha of the Infinite + Jace, Wielder of Mysteries + Sensei's Divining Top
- Jace, Wielder of Mysteries + Stroke of Genius
- Altar of Dementia + Jace, Wielder of Mysteries + Sidisi, Brood Tyrant
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Jace, Wielder of Mysteries Discussion
2 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
Thanks for the feedback Chasedrk1! If I was to use your advice; I'd use Approach of the Second Sun over Entreat the Dead since they both are good at ending drawn out games but Approach requires a lot less setup compared to Entreat the dead. Solitude also looks like a splendid choice but if people are on a budget, I'd Recommend Cavalier of Dawn Instead. It's a reusable Generous Gift over Swords to Plowshares so it hits more targets but it's a bit harder to cast. I'd reccomend adding a Mystic Gate over an Island if you chose to go the Cavalier route.
Kaya, Ghost Assassin can be replaced but I'd prefer replacing it with another card that can provide card advantage. For maximum compression; I would reccomend Jace, Wielder of Mysteries as it can draw more cards than Kaya, and be a more synergistic with cards like Oath of Teferi and Spark Double
If you want to min-max; I reccomend replacing Palace Jailer with Solitude and Court of Ambition with Phyrexian Arena and maybe find room for Smothering Tithe And/or Archaeomancer's Map that said, I think effects that "discard" from your opponents hand are either valued as too weak or too mean in commander. I for one like it as an "underdog effect" and I think discarding cards is fine if you get value in some other way like if you're running shrines or Kaya. Discarding cards can be just as effective as a counterspell if done right. Your opponents can't cast spells if they don't have any (with sufficient graveyard hate)
1 month ago
Maybe add Jace, Wielder of Mysteries but idk
1 month ago
Hi NetholonTheArchmage !
I will always be surprised how qualitative your decks are. Nice commander design, uncommon game plan, ... Everything made yours deck original and attractive. But that's all for the fan boy moment.
This deck is really interesting cause your game plan is basically doing ... nothing. You ramp to get a ton of mana, then, rather that playing huge creatures, you try to slow the game while drawing your library to win. In fact, I don't get what's the winning plan. Is it only with Helix Pinnacle ?
Also, while reading the decklist, I were surprised to see you don't run Life from the Loam . With the ton of effect like Llanowar Scout , it could be very effective. I'm also surprised you don't run some counter spell cards, or the great Cyclonic Rift , but being totally reactive don't seem to be the purpose of the deck.
In a nutshell, I really like this deck, even if it's not the kind I would play (I'm not a swamp addict). Keep on to build those incredible and well constructed deck, and long life to our MotherGoat... Ho ! Turtle I mean
2 months ago
First of all, I know this is a historic discussion, but standard was the closest to it so I am putting it in that forum. Anyways, several days ago Thassa's Oracle was banned in historic due to the large amount of Tainted Pact decks being played. I honestly feel that they should have banned Tainted Pact instead. First of all, this can still be done with Jace, Wielder of Mysteries , albeit slower. There are other decks that use Thassa's Oracle as well, and I think that they aren't dominating the meta anyways. What are your thoughts? Should wotc have banned Tainted Pact instead?
2 months ago
About Kindred Discovery , it combo infinite but be careful, it's card draw isn't a "May", wich forces you to draw without stop. I've found than in some situations you automill yourself and lose, I recommend to use it only if you have Automill wincons like Thassa's Oracle , Jace, Wielder of Mysteries or Laboratory Maniac .
2 months ago
- The first combo uses Altar of Dementia + Kaya's Ghostform + Muldrotha, the Gravetide . How this combo works is you play Kaya's Ghostform on Muldrotha, the Gravetide then sacrifice her to Altar of Dementia targeting an opponent. In order for this combo to truly go infinite is by also having either Pitiless Plunderer or Lotus Petal in play to use for the one black mana on Kaya's Ghostform .
- The second combo that I find to be the easiest to pull off is Demonic Consultation + Thassa's Oracle . This one is pretty self explainatory; you play Thassa's Oracle than before it resolves you play Demonic Consultation naming a card that is not in your deck. After you exile your graveyard, everything resolves and you win! This also works with Jace, Wielder of Mysteries in place of Thassa's Oracle
- The last combo is Muldrotha, the Gravetide + Llanowar Elves + Timestream Navigator + Prime Speaker Vannifar. This combo is the most complicated so here we go. First things first, you need all four creatures on the battlefield with no summoning sickness, as well as having enough permanents for the city's blessing. Next, you activate Timestream Navigator , taking an extra turn. While you are still on the first turn you float a green with Llanowar Elves then sacrifice the elves to Prime Speaker Vannifar . With Prime Speaker Vannifar you go and find Timestream Navigator and then recast Llanowar Elves with the floating green mana. After this, you should have infinite turns, which you should be able to pull a with.
On the planeswalker front Jace, Wielder of Mysteries is super good as a wincon. Value-wise Ashiok, Dream Render , Tamiyo, Collector of Tales , Teferi, Master of Time , and our favorite elk friend Oko, Thief of Crowns all work really well with Muldrotha. Check out my Muldrotha for more card suggestions here
2 months ago
Hello. Looks like you are just getting into the game with an intro deck and want some suggestions on how to upgrade your deck. I will try to give you some upgrades that will hopefully not be outside your budget.
First suggestion for your deck would be to focus on being either a deck that wants to mill or be an aggressive deck. Since the only card you are running that allows you to mill is Jace, Wielder of Mysteries , we should probably consider focusing on the +1/+1 counter theme you have going.
Considering you are running cards that have a relatively high mana cost on average, I would suggest adding some ramp cards. There are three cards I would highly suggest.
Cultivate - Searches for two lands and puts one into play right away making it so you will be able to play a majority of your cards from then on. Suggest adding 4 copies to the deck.
Llanowar Elves - is a great 1 drop creature that will help boost your ability to cast spells.
Nissa, Who Shakes the World - A strong planeswalker that will make your "Forests" tap for extra mana giving you a large boost in your mana generation and allow you to transform your lands into aggressive creatures that use +1/+1 counters. These lands will now also benefit from your proliferate functions. If you create a copy of it with Spark Double then the mana production passive is increased even more. This rare does cost about $6 as of this post and is the most expensive card I will try to recommend. Would suggest 2 copies at least but would say you would be fine adding more for the deck as it can runaway with games by itself sometimes.
I would also suggest trading the Simic Guildgate out for Rimewood Falls if you get decide to pickup Nissa, Who Shakes the World for the deck as they do count as forests. This means that even if you do that them for blue mana, you will still get one green mana when used for mana. You will also be able to search your deck with Nisa's final skill to add them to the battlefield which can be convenient.
Hope these suggestions help. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions about the suggestions or might be looking for different style of cards to adjust your deck for the mill angle.
Side note - You should mark your deck as casual format instead of standard for the site if you want to make it so your deck list doesn't light up in red as standard is a format for the most recent sets of cards.