Inquisition of Kozilek
Target player reveals his or her hand. You choose a nonland card from it with converted mana cost 3 or less. That player discards that card.
|Have (2)||metalmagic ,|
|Want (8)||collinrudolph , rpie4444 , Snorlax3D , iahs , johnludwig , muntz , alexbadoo , Bramdal|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Uncommon|
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Rare|
|Modern Event Deck (MD1)||Uncommon|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Inquisition of Kozilek occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.72%
All decks: 0.5%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Inquisition of Kozilek Discussion
1 day ago
I was looking for a deck that had Pod in it, looked at the points spread I would want and found this gem with the exact points spread that I wanted.
I have made some changes, visible in RecSurPod, chiefly removing the one-mana discards, adding an important new addition in Fiend Artisan which is yet another pod effect and another very good creature in Soulherder.
I am throughly confused by the inclusion of Chainweb Aracnir. What role does it serve? a more useful creature like Scavenging Ooze or additional searcher like Recruiter of the Guard would be more useful. Current changes I have made:
- Removed Paradise Druid (a bit too much ramp), Brazen Borrower (does not work well with pod effects), Nimble Obstructionist (does not work well with pod effects), Duress, Thoughtseize, Inquisition of Kozilek (the discard suite feels very hit-or-miss)
- Added Fiend Artisan (yet-another-pod-effect), Elder Gargaroth (this is basically a titan at 5 mana), Tortured Existence (both pet card, but also works with the main plan of recursion), Liliana, Death's Majesty (fits the recursion theme very well), Phyrexian Metamorph (I wanted access to an extra clone effect) and Soulherder (one of the best three drops for this deck).
2 days ago
3 days ago
I added Inquisition of Kozilek, what do you guys think?
1 week ago
I agree with hungry000. I’ve played token decks before. They are midrange. The use early cheap removal to stall out and kill with efficient, flying damage machines. Path to Exile, Thoughtseize, and the like. Valuable engines like Bitterblossom and any cheap planeswalkers that makes tokens are great. Speaking of one drops, Legion's Landing Flip is great. It’s tokens enough ramp.
1 week ago
Naksu, your deck is very similar, if not the same, to what I was trying to do and I got a lot of hints out of it. I'm probably going to run one Westvale Abbey Flip and Ghost Quarter which are also good for the theme (really important to me). I upvoted it btw. Since you have surely more experience with this kind of deck, I've got a couple of questions:
do you think Doomed Traveler is worth it? I find that it's very easy to play around him. Probably it's better to change it for a 1-cost removal like Path to Exile or Inquisition of Kozilek/Thoughtseize rather than another 1-cost spirit creature. The only one I like is Kami of False Hope cause it can proc Promise of Bunrei at any time.
Last question: I see you use Bontu's Last Reckoning with Selfless Spirit, but since it keeps your lands tapped, couldn't it stop you from playing a maybe topdeck Devouring Greed? Isn't it better to play a 4-cost boardwipe spell?
Anyway, thanks for the interest and for the help.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
I've reduced the number of lands and add more creature ramp, added Merchant of the Vale, added more interaction Bedevil, Chaos Warp, Duress and Inquisition of Kozilek and additional recursion Forever Young. Bottom line is if you play this deck everyone knows what is coming and you have to be ready for it.
2 weeks ago
So, modern bant spirits runs a few things that you don't have and you don't seem to have great replacements for.
1) You don't have any acceleration. Bant runs Noble Hierarch and Collected Company, which either get their creatures out a turn early or get the two creatures for the price of 1. You can remedy this with your own acceleration with things like Aether Vial or by slowing your opponent down with things like discard spells like Inquisition of Kozilek or Thoughtseize
2) You're not running all of the best spirits. Supreme Phantom and Spell Queller are two of the best cards in the deck, and you're not running them. Additionally, things like Spectral Sailor are not the end all be all, but they are much better than things like Drowned Rusalka
3) Your deck is confused. You're running spirits, which are tempo cards, lingering souls and altar's reap which are value cards, and phyrexian rebirth, which is a control card. Spirits tends to have a bit of value built into a tempo deck, but I'd cut back some of the value/control only cards like deathknell kami and phyrexian rebirth.
All of my suggestions are ignoring your budget, but you may need to take that into consideration when building your deck. Here's a couple of resources on bant spirits and on how to buid your mana base (I think you're running too many lands) if you want some more ideas.