|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Dictate of Kruphix
At the beginning of each player's draw step, that player draws an additional card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (34)||VGJustice , ironax , Wazerwifle , tahavin , Clawsun73 , 8vomit , Pelli , , saj0219 , damo_rox , chrysaries , jstn.mrrtt , Sparky41 , silvereh , MoJoMiXuP , Unlife , vashaclarens , Swamy , rakdos24 , Mortiferus_Rosa , bradyofportdetroit , Ashy , SoggyGecko , Tiddilywinkus , Kimimaro , Antiat , Crimson6 , knto , Rez09 , Famicomania , ecurps , GoldGhost012 , Justinaut , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (5)||gamerhat , Myllyes314 , Melmo , Turtlelover73 , Clawsun73|
Dictate of Kruphix Discussion
1 day ago
How about some continual card draw? You have Brainstorm and a couple counter/draw, but you should have Trail of Evidence, Rhystic Study, Kumena's Awakening, Thought Reflection, or even Dictate of Kruphix or Temple Bell.
3 weeks ago
I really enjoy pillow fort decks. I wanted to do one myself.
In place of Morningtide can be replaced by Scavenger Grounds. Dictate of Kruphix can get cut, only because card advantage is the most important thing in Commander. I think Profane Procession Flip is just ok, I would just cut it for more mill cards or anti attack/block enchantments or Porphyry Nodes. War Tax Eats up a ton of mana and can be replaced with Pendrell Mists mega punishhment
Draw engines are really scary when it comes to commander as well Howling Mine can allow me to draw into Bane of Progress Cleansing Meditation and swing the game in my favor. Rhystic Study Mystic Remora Consecrated Sphinx are all so unfair, and it makes so that you're the only beneficiary.
Recovery Open the Vaults Replenish will help you recover from an implosion. Greater Auramancy is a potential upgrade for the future, expensive but very nice. Also if you make the deck more enchantment heavy Sigil of the Empty Throne is super fun Runed Halo and Nevermore are really mean against someones commanders as well.
Lands Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
1 month ago
That looks excellent when attached to Kefnet. You could replace Dictate of Kruphix or Mystic Remora with it if you were looking to take out cards that serve the same role.I haven't looked at this deck since I made it, so it's not playtested and idk if more card draw is needed.
1 month ago
And check out my combo Damia deck, please. I run Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest, Intruder Alarm + Presence of Gond, and Doubling Season + Jace, Cunning Castaway (the reason I built the deck in the first place).
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 1 COMMENT | 13 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
1 month ago
Wheels are a double-edged sword. While they give you a large number of cards, they sometimes force you to discard items you'd rather keep. Enter Library of Leng. This allows you to safely play many wheels--discarding what you do not need, but redrawing the cards you'd rather keep.
Helm of the Ghastlord is a powerful win condition. When you play a wheel effect, they set aside their hand, and then are forced to discard each card they draw. If they cannot answer this card immediately or have no permanents to remove a Ghastlord-enchanted Nekusar, they've lost.
Phyresis is absurd alongside wheels, allowing you to very quickly kill each opponent.
Sigil of Sleep turns each wheel effect into a one-sided wrath.
Whip of Erebos can recover a significant amount of health whenever you play a wheel.
I would not recomend cards like Temple Bell, Dictate of Kruphix, Howling Mine, Kami of the Crescent Moon, or Master of the Feast. They seem like they're good on paper, and fit well with Nekusar. In reality, I've found them to be quite terrible. When Nekusar is not on the field, they're dead draws, and don't further your victory. Further, Nekusar's biggest drawback is his feeding enemies cards, increasing the chance they'll find answers to your deck--when you're giving your enemies cards, you want to do so in big, explosive ways, preferably ones that disrupt their hand. Temple Bell and its ilk end up helping your enemies more than they harm them.
1 month ago
Overall, the token theme looks pretty strongly supported. There are a couple really neat niche cards like Viscious Shadows that should make for some pretty cool games.
Some possible adds to consider:
- Either Farseek or Skyshroud Claim are worth considering. They can fetch duals, which can really help you get out of a bind if you get color-screwed early. 4-color decks are so vulnerable to an early Ghost Quarter.
- Sandwurm Convergence is expensive to cast, but it'll help protect you from flyers in the late game, can be a weakness for K&T. Might be better than Blazing Archon.
- Some conditional board wipes would probably be useful while you build your mana base. Austere Command and Solar Tide can wipe away opposing threats while leaving your tokens largely intact.
- If you intend to keep the card draw payoffs, you probably want at least a couple more ways to draw cards. Dictate of Kruphix is a little less scary than Rites of Flourishing if you're looking for an enchantment to help with Sphere. The Locust God would be a really good one to consider as well.
- If you're looking to make a mana jump in the late game to flood the board with tokens, Dictate of Karametra can really do some work. Flash makes a huge difference.
- Omnath, Locus of Rage can be pretty solid in K&T. You're a little lower to the ground, so maybe that's not what you're going for, but worth thinking about.
Cuts to consider:
- You have a bunch of draw payoff (Hoofprints, Crawler, etc), but not many enablers other than K&T. If you don't want to run more enablers, you might consider cutting some of those payoffs to make room for utility.
- I almost always end up cutting Aura/Artifact Mutation from decks. They feel like they have so much upside, but it's so common to have the wrong one, or only be hitting a mana rock. Return to Dust, Krosan Grip or Sylvan Reclamation are almost always going to server better. Or if you want to lose friends, go for Aura Shards
- I'm not sure that Duelist's Heritage is a very strong political card in this shell. People are already not going to be all that incentivized to attack you (prison effects + lots of chump blockers), and if you have an army ready to win with, helping them against another player is probably not going to prevent them from trying to sweep your board. It's also almost completely useless to you, which is a problem once people start dying.
- Jazal is probably better off as Ezuri, Renegade Leader or just an Overrun of some sort. You might just want more overrun effects in general.
- Treacherous Terrain is so rarely going to get there that you're probably better off just running Farseek so you can fix 2 colors off of BfZ duals (speaking of which, Prairie Stream is on-color).
Good luck. Looks like a deck that should make fun games :)
1 month ago
I would recommend Howling Mine and Dictate of Kruphix, I also feel you need less wincons and more counterspells, removal, and maybe even fog. Planeswalkers e.g. Narset Transcendent, or Jace Beleren are also probably better wincons.
2 months ago
I would probably swap Chart a Course for Think Twice. The reasoning is simply, you don't have a lot of creatures to attack with and Think Twice being at instant speed means you can hold mana open for counters and then cast it EOT if you don't need to counter anything. Beyond that it holds value even if you have to discard it.
I would also suggest you drop Sphinx of Magosi, Cancel, and Oppressive Will from your SB completely as well as cutting Guile down to 1 copy. I can't think of a single match Sphinx of Magosi would be relevant in. Even then Staff of Nin is probably better for the mana. Cancel is overpriced. You really don't want to be boarding in additional 3 mana counters. They're just too slow for the format. Disallow works because you can stop fetches and other relevant activated abilities but Cancel doesn't offer much utility. Oppressive Will again is overpriced and conditional. I would instead add 1x Lone Revenant in place of the additional Guile. 4x Spreading Seas in place of Cancel. 3x Ceremonious Rejection in place of Sphinx of Magosi. 1x Telepathy & 1x Kraken's Eye, Disdainful Stroke, Summary Dismissal, or Reality Shift in place of the 2x Oppressive Will.