Creature — Horror
Consuming Aberration's power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in your opponents' graveyards.
Whenever you cast a spell, each opponent reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals a land card, then puts those cards into his or her graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$1.58||$2.51||$4.66||$3.0||0.03 TIX||0.14 TIX|
|Have (58)||pskinn01 , Xx_HybridDemon_xX , Raistlin911822 , TheDevicer , metljoe , Ringleader , millFTW97 , bigguy99 , mcstang1986 , deatn1342 , mathimus55 , cosmokai2000 , eldritchkraken , VictorSilvertome , Mazzuno , , Comicalflop , rexxxif , CampbellStev , asasinater13 , x754 , anubis1ra1 , tmloyd , MangoPunch , Jernyman , ZooGambler , holy_cow_2 , bananamaniaman , StormBroken , LordJello , LabRattKing , Rugbyfh10 , Lario , thataddkid , Gromvari , meke , k4rm4k4z3 , Derpachus , Heffrum , samk125 , Kingkevin102 , theHopp , guerillarage , Xunfor6iv3nX , hash-brown , AzulHunter , Necrotize , 8BitNecromancer , JipVeeke , Kamae555 , djskype , Maximusx27 , scare983 , Gregorio54 , apailhorseneameddeath , BlueSlime , cjk191997 , zsedcx22|
|Want (4)||Gman6664 , Rawbzilla , LordHaari , marz1342|
Consuming Aberration Discussion
1 hour ago
Adding in Consuming Aberration as a 1-2 of could give you that final mill push and act as an alternative win-con.
Your description is well wrote and thought out, +1 for that and mill for the win!
18 hours ago
Ghost Quarter + Shadow of Doubt ouch didn't think of that. with some piloting technique, I can wait till they fetch, then respond with Ghost Quarter and then Shadow of Doubt to stop all searching. this would be 2 lands destroyed for only 2 mana with 1 of the 2 cards being replaced. HOLY CRAP!!! THAT'S EFFICIENT!!
also didn't think of this but: Path to Exile combod with Shadow of Doubt is good. similarly, i can remove a critter instant speed response to a fetch and then cancel all searching making a land destroy and exile critter only cost 3 mana. THATS EFFICIENT!!
Liquimetal Coating: i could impliment that... Shattering Spree and Splinter. If I go the route of thinning their deck of lands then I might bring in Consuming Aberration as he mills up to a land and removes the land too which slaughters their land draw and he gets fat and allows alternate win con due to milling.
1 day ago
You've got ways to steal things fromm graveyards, but few ways to make sure there's goodies there to take. You'd probably want to add some mill, as it also lets lazav change into something useful or deadly. We're talking the house mill cards like Consuming Aberration, Altar of Dementia, Altar of the Brood, Memory Erosion, and maybe Dreamborn Muse. I'd also recommend Dimir Doppelganger and Evil Twin since they are versatile creatures that fit the copy/steal theme.
2 days ago
Looks like you have a lot of specific card hate. Which is decent if you're going against someone who you know has cards aimed at specifically countering your Mill. I'd eliminate Bitter Ordeal, Sadistic Sacrament, Tome Scour, Twincast, Extirpate. Move Surgical Extraction to your side board.
There's a few different ways you can go about this. Just go with whatever seems more fun to you.1. You can add Phenax, God of Deception and then just a bunch of walls. ex: Wall of Frost. You keep the defenders up during your turn and their turn. Then at the end of their turn, tap your wall to activate Phenax's ability and then have your defenders untap on your turn and ready to defend you.
- You can benefit from your opponent's mill by using creatures that thrive off of their graveyard size. Consuming Aberration, Jace's Phantasm, Nighthowler, Wight of Precinct Six. The only issue with that, is you need to be careful when using Bojuka Bog or Crypt Incursion because it'll knock out a lot of your buff.
Also, as it was stated earlier, you might ant to toss in those Ghost Quarters for your Archive Traps. Forcing a free 13 card mill is absurd. And lastly there is a neat planeswalker that is absurdly powerful here. Jace, Memory Adept's 0 ability is a free 10 card mill for you. Hope some of this stuff helps.
3 days ago
Don't underestimate the casual market. It can really sway some prices. Example, I made a killing with 120 copies of Consuming Aberration, picking them up at like 50 cents when it came out to sell them for $4 about 9 months ago. It was great.
However, in this case, the card isnt good enough to make that sort of splash
4 days ago
Consuming Aberration, Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker and Nemesis of Reason would all work well here. I have a similar deck and ended up swapping most of the walls out for utility creatures. Stormtide Leviathan has high toughness and locks down most attackers.
4 days ago
4 days ago
Archive Trap is allways nice at least in the sideboard.
I would also run some more control oriented card just to give you the extras 1 or 2 turns you need to deck out your opponent. maybe something like Evacuation
Finally you could run a Phenax, God of Deception just for the lulz of tapping a Consuming Aberration and mill tons of cards (probably enough to win since at that point you should allready have milled half the library)
The first thing i would cut from the deck are the 4 Avatar of Woe wich are either unplayable or not needed anymore because by the time they cost 2, you should be close from winning.
Also Sewer Nemesis is insane.
|Power / Toughness||*/*|
|Avg. draft pick||3.4|
|Avg. cube pick||2.48|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Traumatize
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Jace, Memory Adept
- Consuming Aberration + Devour Flesh
- Breaking + Consuming Aberration
- Jace, Memory Adept + Consuming Aberration
- Loxodon Warhammer + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Spell Rupture
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest
- Consuming Aberration + Sands of Delirium
- Consuming Aberration + Keening Stone
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Funeral
- Consuming Aberration + Hedron Crab
- Phenax, God of Deception + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Jace, Memory Adept + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Rite of Replication
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Grind
- Aqueous Form + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Consuming Aberration + Loxodon Warhammer
- Consuming Aberration + Glimpse the Unthinkable
- Consuming Aberration + Devour Flesh + Dying Wish
- Artful Dodge + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Nighthowler + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Aqueous Form
- Consuming Aberration + Rogue's Passage
- Aqueous Form + Consuming Aberration + Wight of Precinct Six
- Consuming Aberration + Lazav, Dimir Mastermind
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Funeral + Quicken
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest + Quicken
- Consuming Aberration + Dying Wish + Rite of Consumption
- Consuming Aberration + Tormented Thoughts
- Consuming Aberration + Glimpse the Unthinkable + Twincast
- Archive Trap + Consuming Aberration + Twincast
- Consuming Aberration + Wight of Precinct Six
- Consuming Aberration + Nemesis of Reason + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Undead Alchemist
- Consuming Aberration + Wall of Reverence
- Consuming Aberration + Swiftfoot Boots
- Consuming Aberration + Trepanation Blade
- Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Infinite Reflection + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Rings of Brighthearth
- Altar of Dementia + Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Consuming Aberration + Mortivore
- Consuming Aberration + Paranoid Delusions
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Funeral + Twincast
- Consuming Aberration + Stolen Identity
- Cloud of Faeries + Consuming Aberration + Equilibrium
- Consuming Aberration + Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker
- Consuming Aberration + Mindcrank
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Sculpt
- Consuming Aberration + Glimpse the Unthinkable + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Invisible Stalker + Midnight Recovery
- Consuming Aberration + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar