Creature — Horror
Consuming Aberration's power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in your opponents' graveyards.
Whenever you cast a spell, each opponent reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals a land card, then puts those cards into his or her graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$1.9||$2.74||$4.27||$2.92||0.03 TIX||0.04 TIX|
|Have (23)||torridus , BreadManDan , pskinn01 , the.beanpole , Mr.Button , mathimus55 , rexxxif , Arekku , Stanleyman , Penguin_Gamer_1 , ZooGambler , Xathrid845 , nspooner , tiaomaster , , Rellevation , Dungeon_Trolls , ducttapedeckbox , avada789 , rvancetal , metljoe , Gromvari , Adameus2012|
Consuming Aberration Discussion
2 days ago
Mesmeric Orb seems like a fun card,but it also harms you since it may cause you to lose an important card.Twincast seems like a fine card to keep in a deck like this,but you'd have to use it wisely.One card I would love to see in this deck definitely is Consuming Aberration.It's effect is great,and due to all of the cards in your opponent's graveyard,you're gonna have a pretty good time.I may be the only one to recommend a playset of Sphinx's Tutelage however.Even drawing one card gives you a chance to get rid of a card in your opponent's deck that they may need.
2 days ago
Also if you want to exile graveyards there are options that are cheaper on mana than leyline, but again, personal taste. Off the top of my head I can't remember the name but there is a swamp land that exiles graveyards for no mana cost once it comes into play. Personally I keep exiling to a minimum in mill because consuming abberation, Jace's Phantasm, Wight of Precinct Six and Visions of Beyond need those cards in the graveyard to do their job, but if you aren't running any of those then I guess no harm no foul.if you aren't running Consuming Aberration you should at least be running Nemesis of Reason though. Also I forgot to suggest this but if you ever end up making a sideboard for this deck Countersquall is good for control.
5 days ago
2 weeks ago
Consuming aberration is too expensive if you don't want this deck to go late game.
Cards that shouldn't be used in "fast" mill: Consuming Aberration, Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker, Traumatize, Szadek, Lord of Secrets.
These are too high casting and overrated.
Want a turn 4-5? check these out: Open Skull Lobotomy (mindcrank combo, turn 4) or Psychic Assault (turn 4-5, straight mill and draw), or a damage based mill deck I'm rebuilding Circu, Master Lobotomist.
Hope these help!+1 for going mill!
2 weeks ago
I would be incredible surprised if you got Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger out at all. If you want a higher cost creature that mills you would be better off with Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker it has evasion in its flying but Artful Dodge could still benefit it.
I would also consider playing Rogue's Passage as a one of and drop Geralf's Mindcrusher it is not worth 6 to play it. Play 2 Nemesis of Reason in its place and an Essence Harvest dropping the 2 Murder for a second Essence Harvest and then drop Perplex for 3 Psychic Strike if you want to play some control.
Your end game then turns into Consuming Aberration or Wight of Precinct Six with either Artful Dodge or Essence Harvest or Rogue's Passage to win the game - thats a lot of possible parts to get your combo
|Power / Toughness||*/*|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Consuming Aberration + Nighthowler + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest + Quicken
- Consuming Aberration + Keening Stone
- Consuming Aberration + Mindcrank
- Consuming Aberration + Traumatize
- Loxodon Warhammer + Consuming Aberration
- Altar of Dementia + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker
- Consuming Aberration + Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker + Nemesis of Reason
- Aqueous Form + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Consuming Aberration + Glimpse the Unthinkable
- Consuming Aberration + Rogue's Passage
- Aqueous Form + Consuming Aberration + Wight of Precinct Six
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Traumatize
- Jace, Memory Adept + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Sands of Delirium
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Sculpt
- Consuming Aberration + Swiftfoot Boots
- Consuming Aberration + Jace, Memory Adept
- Consuming Aberration + Infinite Reflection + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage + Phenax, God of Deception
- Phenax, God of Deception + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Aqueous Form
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Funeral + Quicken
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Funeral
- Consuming Aberration + Stolen Identity
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest + Mind Grind
- Consuming Aberration + Glimpse the Unthinkable + Phenax, God of Deception
- Artful Dodge + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Hedron Crab
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Undead Alchemist
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception