Creature — Horror
Consuming Aberration's power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in your opponents' graveyards.
Whenever you cast a spell, each opponent reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals a land card, then puts those cards into his or her graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$1.58||$2.56||$4.66||$3.0||0.04 TIX||0.03 TIX|
|Have (60)||TheDevicer , cosmokai2000 , Hellhawk , sweetaction , mathimus55 , bigguy99 , Ringleader , Mazzuno , , Jernyman , Raistlin911822 , pskinn01 , meke , Hon35tAb3 , asasinater13 , Kingkevin102 , bananamaniaman , LordJello , zsedcx22 , Xx_HybridDemon_xX , theHopp , metljoe , millFTW97 , mcstang1986 , deatn1342 , eldritchkraken , Comicalflop , rexxxif , CampbellStev , x754 , anubis1ra1 , tmloyd , MangoPunch , ZooGambler , holy_cow_2 , StormBroken , LabRattKing , Rugbyfh10 , Lario , thataddkid , Gromvari , k4rm4k4z3 , Derpachus , Heffrum , samk125 , guerillarage , Xunfor6iv3nX , hash-brown , AzulHunter , Necrotize , 8BitNecromancer , JipVeeke , Kamae555 , djskype , Maximusx27 , scare983 , Gregorio54 , apailhorseneameddeath , BlueSlime , cjk191997|
|Want (5)||Gman6664 , VampSlayer , Rawbzilla , LordHaari , marz1342|
Consuming Aberration Discussion
15 hours ago
In the mill archetype, you want to mill fast. It makes sense that you'll want to win faster than slower.
Based on that conclusion, I have some recomendations:
Figag's recomendations seem spot-on for the most part. 22 lands is perfect, as are the Ghost Quarters. Additional Mind Funerals and Breakings will definately increase the deck's speed. In fact, the only thing I might not recomend of all of those suggestions is Jace, Memory Adept. With only 22 lands, casting a five mana creature can be difficult.
The same goes for Consuming Aberration. Cmc 5 is far to high to have a very fast deck.
While I do enjoy using planeswalkers, I think that Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver is not optimal for a fast mill deck. At cmc 3, he'll only mill 6 card in 2 turns. That's far less efficient than Breaking, which is 2 mana for 8. Ashiok is good in a control deck that wins a grindy game, but despite his +2, I dont think Ashiok is strong here.
What is strong here is Snapcaster Mage. With a price tag of around $40-$50, he's hardly budget friendly. But no other card can give you as much value as Snapcaster. He can reuse any of your great mill spells again, and even allows you to use an Archive trap later in the game if the opponent searches his/her library again.
The Mindcrank/Dimir Guildmage combo is very efficient, but generally requires a dedicated deck for efficient use. Without the other half of the combo, neither card is very effective. To increase your deck's efficiency and thus speed, you may want to take those cards out.
In order to mill fast, you should take out spells that don't contribute toward that goal. Jace's Phantasm is this sort of card, I think. While it can act as an alternate win condition, most opponents will have excess removal in their hands. An alternate card is Visions of Beyond. When your mill deck runs out of gas, this card can give you the cards to finish off the opponent quickly. At only cmc 1, you can play mill cards the same turn you draw them!
I hope you found these suggestions helpful. +1!
TranquilCove on None
23 hours ago
So. Say I have a Consuming Aberration in play equipped with Illusionist's Bracers, and I have Phenax, God of Deception out as well. Let's assume for this question that there's 10 cards in my opponents graveyard.
If I tap the Aberration to mill the opponent, will they get milled for 20, or will the copy of the activated ability take into account their changing power/toughness and mill them for more?
5 days ago
I do like Undead Alchemist, I have yet to own any yet though. I also might put in some Aqueous Forms, they are quite nice on the Consuming Aberrations as well! I only own one Remand and they are expensive so I will most likely not be acquiring any more any time soon. If I had the money I would put them in. I really should pick up some Mana Leaks but I also have just not gotten any yet. As for Perplex, I think I prefer hard counters, thanks for the suggestion though! Mind Funeral is just a little too expensive. But again, if I had a set I would put them in. Thanks for the suggestions!
6 days ago
You definitely took the right approach by making this control based, given the high cmc of your spells. However, this deck still needs a lot more focus.
From what I've seen you can go one of two directions:
All in mill, taking advantage of cards like Glimpse the Unthinkable to basically "burn" your opponents library.
You can use mill as a utility for cards like Jace's Phantasm, Wight of Precinct Six, or Consuming Aberration
1 week ago
i would take out two Consuming Aberration and add two more Archaeomancer. I would add Nephalia Drownyard for mill if you cannot do anything. Maybe one more Jace, Memory Adept because he is the most efficient at milling so you need him.
1 week ago
In other news Goody, I managed to pick up a Secure the Wastes Today for trade with 3 Consuming Aberrations. Lol. Now when I tap 5 mana mid-game, not only do I have 4 more Warriors for them to deal with that have possible Lifelink, unblockable except by two or more, do 4 damage combined when I swing, or are 2/1s.... I also get to blind them with the light of the sun shinning in their eyes when I reveal the card. Muhahahaha. :P
1 week ago
1 week ago
I like the flavor of your deck, thoug I think you are sacrificing too much power for all the copy/steal effects.
With all the graveyard copy effects, you should probably add some milling as well.
|Power / Toughness||*/*|
|Avg. draft pick||3.4|
|Avg. cube pick||2.5|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Traumatize
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Jace, Memory Adept
- Consuming Aberration + Devour Flesh
- Breaking + Consuming Aberration
- Jace, Memory Adept + Consuming Aberration
- Loxodon Warhammer + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Spell Rupture
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest
- Consuming Aberration + Sands of Delirium
- Consuming Aberration + Keening Stone
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Funeral
- Consuming Aberration + Hedron Crab
- Phenax, God of Deception + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Jace, Memory Adept + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Rite of Replication
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Grind
- Aqueous Form + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Consuming Aberration + Loxodon Warhammer
- Consuming Aberration + Glimpse the Unthinkable
- Consuming Aberration + Devour Flesh + Dying Wish
- Artful Dodge + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Nighthowler + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Aqueous Form
- Consuming Aberration + Rogue's Passage
- Aqueous Form + Consuming Aberration + Wight of Precinct Six
- Consuming Aberration + Lazav, Dimir Mastermind
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Funeral + Quicken
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest + Quicken
- Consuming Aberration + Dying Wish + Rite of Consumption
- Consuming Aberration + Tormented Thoughts
- Consuming Aberration + Glimpse the Unthinkable + Twincast
- Archive Trap + Consuming Aberration + Twincast
- Consuming Aberration + Wight of Precinct Six
- Consuming Aberration + Nemesis of Reason + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Undead Alchemist
- Consuming Aberration + Wall of Reverence
- Consuming Aberration + Swiftfoot Boots
- Consuming Aberration + Trepanation Blade
- Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Infinite Reflection + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Rings of Brighthearth
- Altar of Dementia + Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Consuming Aberration + Mortivore
- Consuming Aberration + Paranoid Delusions
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Funeral + Twincast
- Consuming Aberration + Stolen Identity
- Cloud of Faeries + Consuming Aberration + Equilibrium
- Consuming Aberration + Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker
- Consuming Aberration + Mindcrank
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Sculpt
- Consuming Aberration + Glimpse the Unthinkable + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Invisible Stalker + Midnight Recovery
- Consuming Aberration + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Triton Tactics
- Altar of Dementia + Consuming Aberration