Creature — Horror
Consuming Aberration's power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in your opponents' graveyards.
Whenever you cast a spell, each opponent reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals a land card, then puts those cards into his or her graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.52||$2.6||$4.58||$2.92||0.07 TIX||0.02 TIX|
|Have (28)||Gromvari , agGravity , alphaword1283 , the.beanpole , , Rellevation , LabRattKing , metljoe , ducttapedeckbox , Milester856 , Malice_leche , CampbellStev , Represser , pskinn01 , raespadas , BreadManDan , Xunfor6iv3nX , Mazzuno , slemulv , OverloadBeta , Adameus2012 , mathimus55 , anubis1ra1 , Seraphim755 , TheDevicer , x754 , Hellhawk , Joklin|
|Want (2)||Adolith , Rathen|
Consuming Aberration Discussion
1 hour ago
I don't think your commander fits your game plan. I think Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker would fit your game plan better. If you keep phenax than I would add cards like Eater of the Dead Consuming Aberration Sewer Nemesis ect. If you want some more ideas check my deck Mill City Bitch for more ideas
3 days ago
Thanks Wrk0423 but I've tried to use Mind Grind and for it to work better than a mind funeral I have to pay at least 7 mana and thats just not worth it when I have the same card for 3. Also, I've tried several Dimir creatures like Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker and Consuming Aberration but they are either just to slow or they get murdered before they can land a punch.
4 days ago
Necropotence is certainly a staple, but I feel like it would be somewhat at odds with the recursion strategy that I'm going to be working in to the deck. That, and it can subtract from a card like Consuming Aberration.
Thanks for the suggestion, though!
4 days ago
Milling was a cool choice for a first deck, not your typical first build. Also, decent job on your first deck, looks good to start. I'd go ahead and play it, taking into consideration any advice you get here as you "tweak" to make it better.
Anyway, I find that Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds are really only worth using in three-color decks. You may find otherwise, but I recommend swapping the Expanses for 4x Underground River, or even a UB land that enters tapped, if you don't mind the temporary loss of speed.
You might want to go down to 3-of Traumatize and 3-of Archive Trap, to minimize the risk of getting expensive cards in your opening hand (though Archive Trap might still work in that situation). Replace these two cards with another Consuming Aberration and another Jace, Memory Adept.
Yup. That's what I'd do. =]
6 days ago
1 week ago
Currently your only hope of beating WU tron or any other deck that runs any eldrazi is a singleton Leyline of the Void off the board. Surgical Extraction is all but a must for mill in modern, and Extirpate isn't bad to have around either. These function as removal for you in a different sense: as soon as you get a certain card into someone's graveyard, it allows you to makes sure that their deck is devoid of that card: Griselbrand combo? Oops, there goes your Griselbrand. Splinter Twin? Taking a Splinter Twin out of their deck will take away their fastest plan to win.
Now, about sideboards. We want our sideboard to give us ways to beat common decks, not just be "extras" of cards we were thinking about running. For this reason I'd like to propose a few changes:
- Path to Exile to mainboard; almost all decks in the format have targets for Path, so it's hardly ever dead in any matchup. It's just a much less niche card than Crypt Incursion, which should easily go to Sideboard. It's really just usable against burn.
To run this change, we'd definitely need to fix your mana a little. Additionally, 26 lands is not necessary. I'd run something more along the lines of:
- 1x Creeping Tar Pit
- 3x Drowned Catacomb
- 2x Ghost Quarter
- 1x Godless Shrine
- 2x Hallowed Fountain
- 4x Island
- 4x Polluted Delta
- 3x Swamp
- 2x Watery Grave
- 1x Flooded Strand
- 1x Celestial Colonnade
Additionally, I can also see perhaps running the fastlands (ie, Darkslick Shores) in this list since it mostly needs lower mana costs. I like colonnade better as a manland in the build for a variety of reasons, including that it's better as a blocker in the circumstances where you need it, it doesn't die to Lightning Bolt, and it's vigilance allows you to hold up mana for Path to Exile or Thought Scour.
Lastly, since you run Archive Trap as a four of, why stop at four? Well, sure, it's not 0 mana, but do you have a 2 mana "mill for 13 and get a chump blocker" in your deck yet? No?
Snapcaster Mage is incredibly valuable and versatile because he essentially functions as four extra copies of your best spell- in many cases, he'll act as Archive trap 5-8 in this list, but he'll also be valuable in fetching back Cryptic Command, Path to Exile, and even just getting full value out of Thought Scour. With the edits to land and dropping 1x Jace's Phantasm, you can easily squeeze him in as a four of mainboard.
1 week ago
Lots of setup, so keep with me. It's a doozy.
Playing Dragon's Maze limited, my friend's playing Dimir and I'm playing Mardu. He's got a reasonable deck while I have complete trash, but his start was slow so I got some early beats in and got him to 9 before he stalled the game out. After a long game, he has a 20/20 Consuming Aberration, a Sapphire Drake, a Metropolis Sprite, a U/B keyrune, and another creature I'm not remembering, while I have a Basilica Screecher and a Syndicate Enforcer. He's bounced an Armored Transport to my hand to force me to block with a better creature and has a Psychic Strike in hand. My draw for the turn is Boros Charm. I'm at 4, he's got 3 untapped creatures, including the keyrune, and enough mana for the counter.
Through a series of amazingly bad decisions on his part, he let me hit him with the Enforcer (he's now at 6), then he countered the Transport (extorted once, he's now at 5) just to die to a double extorted Charm (-1). I died of laughter and he was confused to the point of being speechless. I still make fun of him for it.
|Power / Toughness||*/*|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Consuming Aberration + Nighthowler + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Traumatize
- Jace, Memory Adept + Consuming Aberration
- Loxodon Warhammer + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Keening Stone
- Phenax, God of Deception + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Consuming Aberration + Glimpse the Unthinkable
- Consuming Aberration + Mindcrank
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Sculpt
- Consuming Aberration + Aqueous Form
- Consuming Aberration + Rogue's Passage
- Artful Dodge + Consuming Aberration
- Aqueous Form + Consuming Aberration + Wight of Precinct Six
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Funeral + Quicken
- Consuming Aberration + Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker + Nemesis of Reason
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest + Quicken
- Consuming Aberration + Sands of Delirium
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Traumatize
- Consuming Aberration + Swiftfoot Boots
- Consuming Aberration + Hedron Crab
- Consuming Aberration + Jace, Memory Adept
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest
- Consuming Aberration + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Funeral
- Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest + Mind Grind
- Consuming Aberration + Glimpse the Unthinkable + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Undead Alchemist
- Consuming Aberration + Infinite Reflection + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception