Creature — Horror
Consuming Aberration's power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in your opponents' graveyards.
Whenever you cast a spell, each opponent reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals a land card, then puts those cards into his or her graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$1.66||$2.74||$5.94||$2.92||0.11 TIX||0.02 TIX|
|Have (25)||BreadManDan , Stanleyman , Iwasforger03 , LabRattKing , TheDevicer , Zabaron , Mr.Button , Lightning_Collectors , Arekku , pskinn01 , Rellevation , CampbellStev , the.beanpole , ninjadinosir , metljoe , TroyMicheal , Gromvari , ShadowWesley77 , ducttapedeckbox , JakeHarlow , x754 , Heffrum , agGravity , Mazzuno , Gryffix|
|Want (3)||Arashisenko , YungNixon , LordHaari|
Consuming Aberration Discussion
1 day ago
2 days ago
Nemesis of Reason? Same cost as Consuming Aberration and guaranteed 10 card mill. I made a mill deck as well, but with added discard. Is there any changes you would suggest? Just a run of the mill deck
3 days ago
Thinking about swapping Aqueous Form out for Artful Dodge. I think I'd benefit of the double trigger of Consuming Aberration, who shouldn't need to swing more than twice to kill the opponent. Scrying is cool, but if he's out for two turns and I have this card in hand, I don't care about what my next draw is.
1 week ago
I'm all for whatever ya got, man, so bring it on!
1 week ago
ok i see you have Mimic Vat and Whip of Erebos. you mentioned that your going for a deck build similar to my #StopHittingYourself deck. so what you need to do is find reusable sources of stealing creatures. that's why i mentioned Mimic Vat and Whip of Erebos. if you place a few creatures that steal creatures on "enter the battlefield" trigger like Zealous Conscripts then the Mimic Vat and the Whip of Erebos become the best source or "steal a creature". Deadeye Navigator paired up with these creatures is great as well. cards i don't like: Part the Waterveil if you want to take extra turns there are cheaper and better spells then this like Time Stretch also for its awaken cost the awaken stuff is only really worth it if your putting it on a man land like Creeping Tar Pit but you have no man lands. Twilight's Call i just would rather not give other peoples creatures back unless you cast this for its instant cost then on your turn cast something like In Garruk's Wake or Cyclonic Rift still it's requiring a two card combo when you could just cast Rise of the Dark Realms. withe the same problem as before Scatter to the Winds is just not that good unless it's going on a man land so you can use it more than once and the creature will be bigger. Underworld Cerberus kinda defeats what this deck wants to do with the whip, vat, and the Dimir Doppelganger and such. Walker of Secret Ways its just not strong enough. i'd switch it out for mana ramp like a Sol Ring... your a lil low on creatures, idk how that's working out for you but id run no fewer than 26 creatures. creatures id add are creatures that when they hit the board someone better deal with it or someone's gonna die like Consuming Aberration, Malignus, Blightsteel Colossus, Colossus of Akros ext ext you get the idea. you also want to try to stay away from legendary creatures for the copy creatures. one of the problems with my deck i have is not having a good target for my copy spells except my legendaries and i have a lot of legendaries.
1 week ago
Loving the deck! I've been wanting to use Lazav as my first commander for a while now (I've played every format except that and now I want to start!), and I think this is a great place to start! Really good concept and synergy in here.
Quick question, though - what are your thoughts on Guiltfeeder and Nighthowler? Nighthowler is like a cheaper version of Consuming Aberration (that you can put on another creature if need be), and Guiltfeeder seems like it could easily kill in one swing.
1 week ago
I know I said Lhurgoyf, but other cards include Lord of Extinction, Wight of Precinct Six, Nighthowler, Boneyard Wurm and Consuming Aberration. Of course, Mortivore, Lhurgoyf and Terravore are pretty much go-to's for this kind of thing.
|Power / Toughness||*/*|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Consuming Aberration + Nighthowler + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Mindcrank
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Traumatize
- Loxodon Warhammer + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Keening Stone
- Phenax, God of Deception + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Infinite Reflection + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker + Nemesis of Reason
- Aqueous Form + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Consuming Aberration + Glimpse the Unthinkable
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Sculpt
- Consuming Aberration + Rogue's Passage
- Aqueous Form + Consuming Aberration + Wight of Precinct Six
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Traumatize
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest + Quicken
- Jace, Memory Adept + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker
- Consuming Aberration + Sands of Delirium
- Consuming Aberration + Swiftfoot Boots
- Altar of Dementia + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Jace, Memory Adept
- Consuming Aberration + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Aqueous Form
- Consuming Aberration + Stolen Identity
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest + Mind Grind
- Consuming Aberration + Glimpse the Unthinkable + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Funeral + Quicken
- Artful Dodge + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Hedron Crab
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Undead Alchemist
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Funeral