Creature — Horror
Consuming Aberration's power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in your opponents' graveyards.
Whenever you cast a spell, each opponent reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals a land card, then puts those cards into his or her graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price 1%||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$1.3||$2.95||$5.28||$3.09||0.01 TIX||0.02 TIX|
|Have (20)||Lightning_Collectors , jwmortensen , metljoe , Arekku , ChrisH , austinseesyou , robo12385 , pskinn01 , TheHelvault , Gemeye , mcstang1986 , Mazzuno , the.beanpole , CampbellStev , cosmokai2000 , Big-Foot , clayperce , , LordJello , Galdelonian|
|Want (3)||shaderaven , MTG1814 , danfike|
Consuming Aberration Discussion
1 day ago
There seems to be a mill theme going on here so here are a few suggestions. Dimir Charm, Glimpse the Unthinkable, Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver, Pilfered Plans, Memory Plunder, Consuming Aberration, Extract from Darkness, Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker, Phenax, God of Deception, Oona, Queen of the Fae, Geralf's Mindcrusher, Thought Scour, Sphinx's Tutelage, Archive Trap, Grindclock. And Baleful Strix just for the value wouldn't be bad either.
Clearly that is a lot of cards and you would need some room. Here are cards I think could easily be cut. Infinite Obliteration, Extract, Mirari, Denying Wind, Shipbreaker Kraken, Oracle of Dust, Behold the Beyond.
5 days ago
or lando mill!!!!!!!!!!! that would be great!
and my fav that would be win con: Haunting Echoes.
1 week ago
A lack of control may result in this deck being stomped early on, there is really nothing in the deck to help control the opponents board other than Remand/Thing in the Ice Flip. You won't really have time to mill them to victory by the time you're life total reaches zero.
Here are my recommendations to making the deck more competitive in a fast-paced format like modern:
The card Jace's Erasure is rather slow and having the opponent only mill an extra 1-2 cards each turn for 2 mana isn't worth it. It would be better to replace it with control cards that will help you out-last the opponent.
Although Howling Mine is a great card, the last thing you want to do with this deck is help the opponent draw into cards that will help them kill you faster. You have to keep in mind that modern typically lasts 3-5 turns depending on the matchup. Spreading Seas is a great card that replaces itself and is really effective against problem lands that are often seen in modern.
I understand that Consuming Aberration is supposed to be a backup win condition (milling being the primary) but you already have 4 Thing in the Ice Flip as a backup win condition, I recommend replacing it with either another Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip to help with consistency or replacing both Jace's with Snapcaster Mage to allow you to start making use of your graveyard even sooner. By taking out Consuming Aberration you could also run mono-blue lands to help with the budget.
1 week ago
It's never been played at anything official... nor will it for that matter! You're right insofar as in many matches it is too slow - especially in Single Player. It does however do very well in Multiplayer Matches. I'm considering adding Archive Trap and Path to Exile to mill faster.Consuming Aberration has consistently won me all the games I have won with this deck (which is about half the Matches) either through direct damage or by milling my opponent out. The thing with evasion is covered by Thassa, God of the Sea and Rogue's Passage and it mills like crazy with Phenax, God of Deception on the table! Tap at end of opponent's turn and tap in my turn usually is sufficient.But I'm curious what you would change?
1 week ago
If you meet the requirements stated on Prized Amalgam then it will return to play at the beginning of the next end step, meaning during turn the ability triggered. An example would be during your opponents attack step you cast Miraculous Recovery to put your consuming abberation into play, then when Consuming Aberration enters the battlefield Prized Amalgam will trigger and upon the triggers resolution The rest of the turn will play out normally, then when you get to that turns end step Prized Amalgam will move from the graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
1 week ago
I absolutely LOVE your deck and i would run it just the way it is :D a neat card to consider would be Consuming Aberration due to the fact that he fits the theme PERFECTLY and can take the game for you when you get your Phenax, God of Deception out no doubt about it +1 from me
1 week ago
Hey, I'm sorry if it seems like I keep posting this, but I'm still looking for 2x Phenax, God of Deception, 1x Consuming Aberration, 2x Liliana Vess, 2x Mind Grind, and 2x Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker. All generally cheap stuff. Thanks for reading!
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Consuming Aberration + Nighthowler + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest + Quicken
- Consuming Aberration + Keening Stone
- Consuming Aberration + Mindcrank
- Consuming Aberration + Traumatize
- Loxodon Warhammer + Consuming Aberration
- Altar of Dementia + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker
- Consuming Aberration + Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker + Nemesis of Reason
- Aqueous Form + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Consuming Aberration + Glimpse the Unthinkable
- Consuming Aberration + Rogue's Passage
- Aqueous Form + Consuming Aberration + Wight of Precinct Six
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Traumatize
- Jace, Memory Adept + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Sands of Delirium
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Sculpt
- Consuming Aberration + Swiftfoot Boots
- Consuming Aberration + Jace, Memory Adept
- Consuming Aberration + Infinite Reflection + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage + Phenax, God of Deception
- Phenax, God of Deception + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Aqueous Form
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Funeral + Quicken
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Funeral
- Consuming Aberration + Stolen Identity
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest + Mind Grind
- Consuming Aberration + Glimpse the Unthinkable + Phenax, God of Deception
- Artful Dodge + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Hedron Crab
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Undead Alchemist
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception