Creature — Horror
Consuming Aberration's power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in your opponents' graveyards.
Whenever you cast a spell, each opponent reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals a land card, then puts those cards into his or her graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$1.89||$2.5||$9.99||$2.96||0.07 TIX||0.02 TIX|
|Have (25)||TheDevicer , BreadManDan , Hellhawk , Joklin , Rellevation , Ringleader , Khadord , CampbellStev , , LabRattKing , slemulv , pskinn01 , djsniperwolf , TallGreg , theHopp , Gromvari , metljoe , Raistlin911822 , Mazzuno , Arekku , mathimus55 , AkkiV , TGAAM , mtg12 , x754|
Consuming Aberration Discussion
19 hours ago
I'd be fine with seeded packs if you couldn't play them as part of your sealed pool. I.e. you have a strong chance of getting a card you want, but would have to rely on building a deck without it.
Some of the prerelease seeded packs have been ridiculous in Limited. Consuming Aberration, Foundry Champion, Celestial Archon, Dawnbringer Charioteers, Resolute Archangel, Heroes' Bane, and Indulgent Tormentor are all prime examples. Then there's Fate Reforged, with a smaller number of rares (the chances of getting any particular rare being 1 in 6, versus 1 in 8 for Khans and Dragons).
1 day ago
If you have the funds Snapcaster Mage is a fun card, I run 4 in my deck i would consider taking outJace, Memory Adept because you already have a game ending creature in Consuming Aberration. you only need a few 5 drops because most of the time the game ends turn 4 or 5. It will make your mana curve better that way. Also Twincast can be a fun card as well its so funny when you have 2 Archive Traps in hand, then cast both for zero milling 26 and then Twincast and mill an additional 13.
5 days ago
1 week ago
Hm, agreed on Consuming Aberration. It's not likely to be relevant here. Mind Funeral is a possible future addition. The deck doesn't need more mill; that's just fuel for its creatures and I like that design. It does add another control element through resource denial.
I'd have to playtest it against other decks to determine if the draw spells are needed. But if they are, what would you take out and what would you put in? Both these colors have plenty of draw power.
1 week ago
Consuming Aberration is an awesome card, don't get me wrong, but it just isn't for this deck. Being used as a finisher doesn't change much, because all the other creatures will be a good enough size by then, and there is high potential for 5/5 demon tokens to be present.
This actually isn't a focus on mill. There are mill cards, but there are just alternative ways of putting creatures in graveyards, kinda like a gamble of a kill spell. But if Comrade wants it to be more mill based, then it can be.
The deck is pretty consistent, which is why draw was left out in the first draft, but if you'd like some draw spells I can add some in.
EDIT- Almost forgot, ;)
1 week ago
Those are both good, but since i'm trying to keep the mana costs down the 5 mana slot is taken by Consuming Aberration whose effect I think will be better, and for one mana more Mind Funeral often works out better than Glimpse the Unthinkable. There is no budget to this deck since I have most of the cards already so i'll put Glimpse in the maybeboard and playtest it. Thank you for the suggestions.
1 week ago
|Power / Toughness||*/*|
|Avg. draft pick||3.4|
|Avg. cube pick||2.52|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Consuming Aberration + Traumatize
- Consuming Aberration + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Consuming Aberration + Nighthowler + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Funeral
- Jace, Memory Adept + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest
- Artful Dodge + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Keening Stone
- Consuming Aberration + Hedron Crab
- Phenax, God of Deception + Consuming Aberration
- Consuming Aberration + Aqueous Form
- Consuming Aberration + Rogue's Passage
- Aqueous Form + Consuming Aberration + Wight of Precinct Six
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Funeral + Quicken
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest + Quicken
- Consuming Aberration + Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker + Nemesis of Reason
- Consuming Aberration + Sands of Delirium
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Traumatize
- Consuming Aberration + Swiftfoot Boots
- Consuming Aberration + Jace, Memory Adept
- Consuming Aberration + Infinite Reflection + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Mindcrank
- Consuming Aberration + Essence Harvest + Mind Grind
- Consuming Aberration + Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception + Undead Alchemist
- Consuming Aberration + Phenax, God of Deception
- Consuming Aberration + Mind Sculpt