Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.45||$1.42||$2.24||$3.12||0.15 TIX||0.08 TIX|
|Have (26)||jwe94 , ThisIsBullshit , Nate_D , Raistlin911822 , Luiscencias , Doom_of_Valyria , HavokX , DrLitebur , Fairseas , LordJello , Didgeridooda , rakdos24 , metljoe , mcstang1986 , Timocalypse , reddead405 , Skimm3r , JipVeeke , Gregorio54 , MoJoMiXuP , Heffrum , insertcleverid , HouseDimir13 , ZooGambler , MUTEDM1ND , Comicalflop|
Jace's Phantasm Discussion
1 day ago
You definitely took the right approach by making this control based, given the high cmc of your spells. However, this deck still needs a lot more focus.
From what I've seen you can go one of two directions:
All in mill, taking advantage of cards like Glimpse the Unthinkable to basically "burn" your opponents library.
You can use mill as a utility for cards like Jace's Phantasm, Wight of Precinct Six, or Consuming Aberration
1 day ago
Fog Bank is good but in modern, from what I've experienced, a lot of people kill monsters with -x/-x stuff and he only has two toughness where as Jace's Phantasm and AEtherling have more toughness to deal with and they can provide damage if you aren't milling them fast enough
2 days ago
Imo i would add 2 more Jace's Phantasm, drop Altar of the Brood you are not putting out a mass of permanents like a token deck would so it is a bit slow for what you are aiming for. If you want to put a bit of money in it i would run a play set of Drowned Catacomb and if you could afford it, Watery Grave. Also i would drop Fog Bank and add 2 AEtherling. Also Mind Sculpt might be better than dream twist, it costs less to do more though it is sorcery speed.
1 week ago
1 week ago
If you wanted to get annoying with it then, and really drop the price of the deck significantly, then just take 4x Jace's Phantasm. Milling 10 cards you can do turn two, and you instantly have a 5/5 flyer. That way you can completely get rid of the Glimpse the Unthinkable, run a great card and drop the price of the deck by 100 dollars. It would still be very effective like that.
2 weeks ago
Profane Memento if your playing a multiplayer game or need more time.
Breaking good and cheap mill card.
Muddle the Mixture transmute for stability
Visions of Beyond Draw
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Looks like you have a lot of specific card hate. Which is decent if you're going against someone who you know has cards aimed at specifically countering your Mill. I'd eliminate Bitter Ordeal, Sadistic Sacrament, Tome Scour, Twincast, Extirpate. Move Surgical Extraction to your side board.
There's a few different ways you can go about this. Just go with whatever seems more fun to you.1. You can add Phenax, God of Deception and then just a bunch of walls. ex: Wall of Frost. You keep the defenders up during your turn and their turn. Then at the end of their turn, tap your wall to activate Phenax's ability and then have your defenders untap on your turn and ready to defend you.
- You can benefit from your opponent's mill by using creatures that thrive off of their graveyard size. Consuming Aberration, Jace's Phantasm, Nighthowler, Wight of Precinct Six. The only issue with that, is you need to be careful when using Bojuka Bog or Crypt Incursion because it'll knock out a lot of your buff.
Also, as it was stated earlier, you might ant to toss in those Ghost Quarters for your Archive Traps. Forcing a free 13 card mill is absurd. And lastly there is a neat planeswalker that is absurdly powerful here. Jace, Memory Adept's 0 ability is a free 10 card mill for you. Hope some of this stuff helps.
|Power / Toughness||1/1|
|Avg. draft pick||3.98|
|Avg. cube pick||11.61|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Vraska||Uncommon|
- Jace's Phantasm + Switcheroo + Elixir of Immortality
- Archive Trap + Jace's Phantasm
- Jace's Phantasm + Trepanation Blade
- Circu, Dimir Lobotomist + Jace's Phantasm + Psychic Strike
- Glimpse the Unthinkable + Jace's Phantasm
- Breaking + Jace's Phantasm
- Jace's Phantasm + Jace, Memory Adept
- Jace's Phantasm + Paranoid Delusions
- Jace's Phantasm + Glimpse the Unthinkable
- Followed Footsteps + Jace's Phantasm
- Essence Harvest + Jace's Phantasm
- Jace's Phantasm + Nemesis of Reason
- Phenax, God of Deception + Jace's Phantasm
- Invisible Stalker + Jace's Phantasm
- Jace's Phantasm + Supreme Verdict
- Jace's Phantasm + Wight of Precinct Six
- Artful Dodge + Jace's Phantasm + Wight of Precinct Six
- Jace's Phantasm + Tome Scour
- Jace's Phantasm + Whispering Madness