|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition||Rare|
|Time Spiral "Timeshifted"||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Wizard
Fear (This creature can't be blocked except by artifact creatures and/or black creatures.)
Whenever Shadowmage Infiltrator deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Shadowmage Infiltrator Discussion
3 days ago
I try to shy away from the more staple draw and counter spells, since they both synergise less with the deck's other cards and flavor, which is important (though Rhystic Study could be a flavor hit as well, I dislike playing with the card in general). I'd rather draw cards with Shadowmage Infiltrator than with his effective counterpart Phyrexian Altar, counter spells with Voidmage Prodigy instead of Counterspell and so on.
Goblin Bombardment was close to making the list despite its questionable flavor, though, now I've found more sacrifice outlets through Flesh Carver and Thoughtpicker Witch, I'm quite happy with the amount of them.
enpc on Oona Combo
2 weeks ago
I don't think you need Tendrils of Agony here - you're not running storm so this feels quite underwhelming. Shadowmage Infiltrator is also underwhelming here - you'd be better off running Whispering Madness or somethign that synergises better with the rest of the deck.
2 months ago
Here are some suggestions: Phenax, God of Deception, Hedron Crab, Sewer Nemesis, Baleful Strix, Jace, Memory Adept, Ob Nixilis Reignited, Tezzeret the Seeker , Mind Funeral, Pilfered Plans, Psychic Strike, Mesmeric Orb, Lightning Greaves, Phyrexian Arena, Rhystic Study, Deep Analysis, Sire of Stagnation, Rune-Scarred Demon, Clever Impersonator, Diabolic Tutor, Dark Petition, Rise of the Dark Realms, Bloodgift Demon, Expropriate, Blatant Thievery, Solemn Simulacrum, Dread Return, Reanimate, Body Double, Monastery Siege.
2 months ago
Interesting deck, so +1 from me, here's my 2 cents.
- There are some cards that are great in Commander that fit your theme! Among these are Whispersilk Cloak, Rogue's Passage, Cloak and Dagger, Swiftfoot Boots, Invisible Stalker, Shadowmage Infiltrator, Thalakos Deceiver, and Quietus Spike.
Coastal Piracy also comes to mind.
The next cards I'm going to suggest aren't exactly on theme, but I think they do enough in your deck that they should be included regardless, as they have such powerful synergy with what you play.
If you want any more suggestions feel free to let me know!
2 months ago
- Drop Buried Alive, it really has no place here
- Kefnet's Monument won't work with ninjutsu
- Essence Scatter is good but very narrow and you have so many other great counters
- Suffer the Past can be strong but you're playing a lot of other graveyard hate, and graveyard theft
- Harvester of Souls is good, but maybe try something faster? Baleful Strix, Shadowmage Infiltrator, or Thalakos Seer would be ideal for all the on the board, off the board, play and can replace some unblockable creatures as they already have evasion
- Exotic Orchard seems like an odd choice in this deck, you only need 2 colours.
- Open Into Wonder seems pretty steep for unblockable when you already have cheaper options.
3 months ago
Rite of Replication targeting your commander you will deal 30 damage to each opponent.
3 months ago
Murder your Murder's run Archive Traps drop Lilliana Vess for Glimpse the Unthinkable instantly turns your phantasm deadly. Mind Funeral is just awesome, probably toss Shadowmage Infiltrator for those. Mind Sculpt is a good one as well, you can afford to drop at least 2 Wight of Precinct Six for those guys. Try these add ins, and see how fast you can mill your opponent now. as your deck stands right now, it doesn't have enough win-cons on either side, ie beefed up creatures, or mill fast enough to win. this should help. plus your adds really make your mana use, efficient. speaking of mana, get rid of Reliquary Tower and add Ghost Quarter that way, you can almost ensure your Archive Trap goes off.
5 months ago
Praetor's Grasp gives you a fun way to steal a good blue or black centerpiece from an opponent-at the worst it's another Sol Ring or utility.
Since you're playing to avoid being picked on early, you can skip a turn with Magosi, the Waterveil and use it to a get a second turn later when it matters more.
Dauthi Embrace is neat because you can make any creature essentially unblockable-or so that it can't block at a critical juncture. May be fun political wise to aid someone with a swing, or make it so a critical blocker isn't there...