|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||None|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Unergrowth — Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of creature cards in your graveyard. If that creature would die this turn, exile it instead.
Necrotic Wound Discussion
1 month ago
So first off I just want to say sorry if you have a budget and I recommend some cards outside of price range, but here are some suggestions from me:
Cards to take out
- Murder I get that you say that there aren't many planeswalkers in your meta, but sometimes just having the option to hit them on a card that is the same mana cost and does everything else Murder does is just a better option like Hero's Downfall or like you said you fight voltron decks like Zurgo Helmsmasher a card like Vraska's Contempt is a better removal card as it exiles or only one more colorless mana.
- Isareth the Awakener while she is a reanimator, she also exiles the cards when they leave the battlefield which can hurt if you reanimate something you don't want to lose.
- Lotleth Giant - sounds like a good card when you first look at it but it requires set up and costs 7 mana. Not ideal.
- Necrotic Wound - same with the Lotleth Giant , it takes too much set up and there are better spot removal or board wipes
- Open the Graves now here me out on this one, this card is really good in a deck that wants to sacrifice their own creatures, but this looks to be more token focused which means that majority of your creatures that die don't have Open the Graves to trigger.
- Bontu's Monument it is a good card but it looks like you are going to try and cast more non-creature spells than creature spells
- Board wipes like Life's Finale or if you wanna get expensive Damnation
- Paradox Haze this card is a fun one of mine as it allows The Scarab God to have his beginning of upkeep trigger twice dealing hefty damage.
- Phyrexian Altar this card can win as it gives you deck infinite combos with Gravecrawler if you want the deck to go into that direction
- Tutors Tutors Tutors! cards like Sidisi, Undead Vizier or Diabolic Tutor are always musts in black decks as it can help you find answers or wincons when the situation calls for it. These are just a few ideas I have! If you want any more ideas please let me know!
What to put in?So what do we put in? We have a few options based on what you like:
3 months ago
Hey DevisTheWayfarer I'm still not settled with Skaab Ruinator . I removed it once (and this deck became BG), but honestly, there were times when I wished I could just cast from the graveyard, so I put him back. Sure, it exiles 3 creatures, but the only creature I have that can come back to my hand is Stinkweed Imp , so I'd cast Skaab when I find myself in a difficult situation in the game. It's a 3-drop for a 5/6 flying, so I think it's a good trade-off.
Necrotic Wound is great, but it doesn't cause any mill. If your deck has more Dredge creatures, I think that is a great option. Because mine doesn't, I'm relying on Drown in Filth for more self-mill abilities.
Wanna share your deck so we can discuss some ideas? :)
3 months ago
Hi I'm building a similar deck, but I'm having several doubts. Isn't it better Necrotic Wound than Drown in Filth ? Furthermore, don't you think that Skaab Ruinator could be dangerous for your strategy?
4 months ago
Hi, somewhat of a interesting deck, My primary suggestion is to considerably lower or take out a bunch of the 1x's. The ones in which you need most should always be put at a 4x or at least a 3x.
I'd start off with something like this in a way to revolve around Undergrowth and Vraska. Someone else can help out and build upon this idea for later if they like or improve upon it for I don't often play Golgari. Hopefully it helps out a bit.
1x-2x Golgari Locket
1x-2x Vraska, Regal Gorgon
Hopefully some of this helps out :). Good luck with the deck building
5 months ago
Hey, I'm playing your deck at the moment, and I've some questions about it.
First, how do you manage a teferi deck with this one ? If I don't have a really good hand at the start I fell like playing for nothing cause I won't be able to overcome a the control of the deck :/
Secondly, Do you think that Josu Vess, Lich Knight is a good idea ? Because even if you're able to kick him, you'll get a great board for 10 mana, but think about it : for 10 mana with Liliana, Untouched By Death you're able to summon 4 Diregraf Ghoul, 3 Stitcher's Supplier and 1 Death Baron which is a better deal if you just want to get a full board. Even beter, if you that much mana and a Lotleth Giant, you can summon it deal dmg (10 mana means turn 10 minimum so you should have at least 6 beast on the graves with this deck) which deals a lot of dmg and then summon it again from the graves with Liliana, Untouched By Death. If you have the cards, you can do a 2 turn one shot : Liliana on board, Lotleth Giant on hands => summon Lotleth Giant to deal dmg, Next turn kill the giant with Necrotic Wound or Severed Strands and re-summon it with Liliana. So for cheaper cost, you get more... I'm not playing Josu for these reasons even I would love to play him just for the lore :/
Now, I've a last problem : the lack of planeswalker management. Well, I'm playing on arena that means that most of the games will be set without touching at the side deck so when the oppenent is playing with a planeswalker as main card (teferi...) I don't have anything to get rid of it effectivly, No Vraska's Contempt, no targeted dmg, no flying beast, no unblockable beast, no remover... Is there any solution or am I just to bad ?
I'm not a pro in magic, I'm more of a beginner but thos points are pretty weak in my point of view.
Thx to reading this comment, and sorry if I've made mistakes in mu, It's not my primary language
5 months ago
Rhizome Lurcher - I would compare this guy with Molderhulk and the Hulk can come at least one turn earlier and he gives you land from the graveyard. My experience with Hulk: Early threat but without any evasion or trample which the Lurcher haven't as well, it will die horribly or gets blocked. So I would prefer Hulk over Lurcher even it will get bigger.
Necrotic Wound - At the beginning where I start to build the deck, I got a playset Assassin's Trophy, three Necrotic Wound and three Ravenous Chupacabra as the removal pack. While the meta, lgs-wise, switches to a drake-heavy gameday, I change the package to Kraul Harpooner and Cast Down. Cast Down don't require a full graveyard and while there aren't many copies of Niv Mizzet around it wasn't a bad addition, Kraul Harpooner needs one creature in the yard to kill the drakes while Trophy has the drawback "ramping the opponent". Maybe since the added Seekers' Squire which gives more tools to fill the graveyard, I could change the Removal pack back to Necrotic Wound.
My last thought is that I could change a little bit more to add another Journey to Eternity Flip as well as a one-off Lotleth Giant as a payoff to the filled grave. I guess that I have to cut the Creeping Chill and the Maindeck Ritual of Soot to be more resilient.
5 months ago
Nice deck, it's simular to what I built here check it out if you like for a few ideas: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/m19-budget-zombies-1/
my suggestions would be add 1-2 Open the Graves it's a nice card to have since you will be sacing a few zombs it's good get something back for sacing and your Death Barron can power up them tokens. Lord of the Accursed would be a nice add too as it powers up your zombs and that ability is really useful. Crucible of Worlds is an expensive card but would be a nice one of as I play a simular deck in standard atm and you end up getting a few lands in your graveyard so it is very useful especially since your playing 4 Stitcher's Supplier Necrotic Wound would be good since your deck is very heavy on getting zombies in the graveyard and it can deal with indestrutible creatures I would switch Creeping Chill with Necrotic Wound as the mana cost is high for not a lot except the life gain Vicious Offering is worth while mention as well as it fits in with the sacing nature of your deck. Dread Wanderer would be a nice replacement to Diregraf Ghoul just because that ability is quite useful and is simular to Diregraf Ghoul.
Ravenous Harpy would be good sideboard encase of any decks with flying creatures.
as for names how about: "Undead Nightmare" "Creeping call of the Dead" "Call from beyond the Grave" "Shrieking Calls from the Grave" "The dead shall rise again" "Scary Monsters and Super Creeps" just a few suggestions off top of my head.
Hope that helps, I think your deck is pretty cool it has good synergy 1+
Necrotic Wound occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.05%