Creature — Human Druid
Soulbond (You may pair this creature with another unpaired creature when either enters the battlefield. They remain paired for as long as you control both of them.) As long as Nightshade Peddler is paired with another creature, both creatures have Deathtouch.
Printings View all
|Avacyn Restored (AVR)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Nightshade Peddler Discussion
3 days ago
mattr2013 Yes I do want that. I was unaware of this chain and I love it. I can cut Resto for Gaurdian, and I think that while a neat trick, Nightshade Peddler just isn't quite good enough anymore, so Karmic Guide can go there. Thank you for that idea.
3 months ago
I'd want Finale of Devastation to work mostly as a finisher, but I think the deck as it, is trying to race towards a combo or dominating board state quickly, and Green Sun's Zenith would help with that, to quickly fetch the pieces.
I havent had too many issues with color fixing yet, especially since I just added the fetch lands, but I've never even heard of the Vivid lands, and might give them a chance, at least for testing.
Bow of Nylea is great in this deck. Giving Marath deathtouch means you can kill any creature with 1 mana. I recently took it out because I think it might be easier to tutor or birthing pod for Nightshade Peddler . Druidic Satchel has always been a favorite, but forgot to considere it for this deck.
7 months ago
PookandPie thank you for the suggestions! I really like Nightshade Peddler , I didn't really think about the synergy of deathtouch and Marath's ability. Also, I totally forgot that Unbound Flourishing got printed, will have to get rid of something for it!
7 months ago
A new card you may want to look into is Unbound Flourishing . It doubles Marath's abilities- so it's effectively a Doubling Season when making tokens or adding counters to your creatures, but it also doubles the damage Marath deals! Nightshade Peddler with Marath and this card can effectively let Marath kill 2 creatures for only 1 mana and 1 counter, which is kind of a big deal. I'm cutting Primal Vigor for it in my own list, but you could likely cut something else for it.
7 months ago
My two cents:
(1) you need more evasion. You have a metric ton of +1/+1 counters, which is great... but only 2-3 things that give trample and only 1-2 other pieces of evasion. Against the wrong deck, you'll get chump blocked all day. These specific cards are mostly just examples, but consider adding unblockable ( Suspicious Bookcase , Whispersilk Cloak ); deathtouch ( Gorgon Flail , Nightshade Peddler ); trample / multi-purpose ( Loxodon Warhammer , Haunted Cloak ).
(2) you need more protection. Everyone will gun for your doggo, knowing that it's your whole win-con. You have a few things, but not enough IMO. Add more indestructible ( Hammer of Nazahn ) and hexproof ( Mask of Avacyn , Archetype of Endurance ).
I'd suggest culling some of the +1/+1 cards - especially one-shot like Battlegrowth . Also, shroud isn't great with voltron because you can't target/enchant/equip, so I'd lose Lightning Greaves and Aspect of Mongoose .
Looks like a fun deck!
11 months ago
You have a good point. I might need to run a counterspell package, after all.
So far I plan following:
To be removed:
To be added:
- Wolfir Silverheart - 8/8 that is likely to make another very strong creature, maybe even Surrak, +4/+4. Just found out about this awesome dude.0
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - Flash for days, just like Yeva, Nature's Herald , but not only greens. Also, no more counterspells and attack responces.
- Oran-Rief, the Vastwood / Kessig Wolf Run - Pump lands to replace Temple
- Sight of the Scalelords - Buff and Vigilance Enchantment
- Wash Out - Single player (most of the times) boarwipe. Especially good agains token decks since those don't bounce. I also have River's Rebuke , which is tiny cyclonic rift.
What do you think? I definetely need to clear some space, but right now I am not sure what to remove. So this is what I have: Counterspells:Mystic Snake or Frilled Mystic would be better? Boardwipes:
- Scourge of Kher Ridges
- Nightshade Peddler to pair with Harbinger of the Hunt though inconsistent (2-card combo without tutoring), can be devastating
- Volcanic Fallout
- Temur Sabertooth - Good boardwipe protection, but costly.
- Paleoloth will bring stuff back if they die.
- Impervious Greatwurm - 16/16 indestructible with convoke only for 10.
- Soul of New Phyrexia - Indestruct for all.
- Reins of Power - I actually like the idea of bamboozling the opponent.
I don't run tutors not because they are expensive (Though Wordly Tutor, Gamble and Mystic Tutor are fairly affordable as an upgrade), I don't want to make deck too (uhh) strong. I made Lavinia, Azorius Renegade deck which revolves around getting Knowledge Pool out, and if I draw one of the artifact tutors and have anti-counter in hand, I win, it's only a matter of time. Which is nice to spook new players, but not that great when I play N'th game with same people.
1 year ago
glad to see another mary deck out there!