|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Avacyn Restored (AVR)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Druid
Soulbond (You may pair this creature with another unpaired creature when either enters the battlefield. They remain paired for as long as you control both of them.) As long as Nightshade Peddler is paired with another creature, both creatures have Deathtouch.
Nightshade Peddler Discussion
2 months ago
PookandPie thank you for the suggestions! I really like Nightshade Peddler , I didn't really think about the synergy of deathtouch and Marath's ability. Also, I totally forgot that Unbound Flourishing got printed, will have to get rid of something for it!
2 months ago
A new card you may want to look into is Unbound Flourishing . It doubles Marath's abilities- so it's effectively a Doubling Season when making tokens or adding counters to your creatures, but it also doubles the damage Marath deals! Nightshade Peddler with Marath and this card can effectively let Marath kill 2 creatures for only 1 mana and 1 counter, which is kind of a big deal. I'm cutting Primal Vigor for it in my own list, but you could likely cut something else for it.
2 months ago
My two cents:
(1) you need more evasion. You have a metric ton of +1/+1 counters, which is great... but only 2-3 things that give trample and only 1-2 other pieces of evasion. Against the wrong deck, you'll get chump blocked all day. These specific cards are mostly just examples, but consider adding unblockable ( Suspicious Bookcase , Whispersilk Cloak ); deathtouch ( Gorgon Flail , Nightshade Peddler ); trample / multi-purpose ( Loxodon Warhammer , Haunted Cloak ).
(2) you need more protection. Everyone will gun for your doggo, knowing that it's your whole win-con. You have a few things, but not enough IMO. Add more indestructible ( Hammer of Nazahn ) and hexproof ( Mask of Avacyn , Archetype of Endurance ).
I'd suggest culling some of the +1/+1 cards - especially one-shot like Battlegrowth . Also, shroud isn't great with voltron because you can't target/enchant/equip, so I'd lose Lightning Greaves and Aspect of Mongoose .
Looks like a fun deck!
6 months ago
You have a good point. I might need to run a counterspell package, after all.
So far I plan following:
To be removed:
To be added:
- Wolfir Silverheart - 8/8 that is likely to make another very strong creature, maybe even Surrak, +4/+4. Just found out about this awesome dude.0
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - Flash for days, just like Yeva, Nature's Herald , but not only greens. Also, no more counterspells and attack responces.
- Oran-Rief, the Vastwood / Kessig Wolf Run - Pump lands to replace Temple
- Sight of the Scalelords - Buff and Vigilance Enchantment
- Wash Out - Single player (most of the times) boarwipe. Especially good agains token decks since those don't bounce. I also have River's Rebuke , which is tiny cyclonic rift.
What do you think? I definetely need to clear some space, but right now I am not sure what to remove. So this is what I have: Counterspells:Mystic Snake or Frilled Mystic would be better? Boardwipes:
- Scourge of Kher Ridges
- Nightshade Peddler to pair with Harbinger of the Hunt though inconsistent (2-card combo without tutoring), can be devastating
- Volcanic Fallout
- Temur Sabertooth - Good boardwipe protection, but costly.
- Paleoloth will bring stuff back if they die.
- Impervious Greatwurm - 16/16 indestructible with convoke only for 10.
- Soul of New Phyrexia - Indestruct for all.
- Reins of Power - I actually like the idea of bamboozling the opponent.
I don't run tutors not because they are expensive (Though Wordly Tutor, Gamble and Mystic Tutor are fairly affordable as an upgrade), I don't want to make deck too (uhh) strong. I made Lavinia, Azorius Renegade deck which revolves around getting Knowledge Pool out, and if I draw one of the artifact tutors and have anti-counter in hand, I win, it's only a matter of time. Which is nice to spook new players, but not that great when I play N'th game with same people.
8 months ago
glad to see another mary deck out there!
9 months ago
If you're focusing on doing tokens and inflating them, I'd recommend playing Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice, who gradually boosts your tokens, and can keep Marath alive. Also, Marath can be soulbonded with Nightshade Peddler to turn it into a kill spell. And if you want to focus on making those tokens huge, play Bloodspore Thrinax. It's won me games before when combined with Mycoloth. Another good mass creature booster is Mayael's Aria, which also doubles as a win condition. Last thing I want to point out is that you happen to have a three (two if you don't count the commander) card infinite combo already in the deck, with Cathars' Crusade, Ashnod's Altar, and Marath, Will of the Wild.
11 months ago
I like this deck. You're inspiring me to try to put something similar together with the cards I have on hand. Another card that's on theme for this deck would be Nature's Way. Nothing like a one-way fight followed by a trampling attack, especially of you have Nightshade Peddler in there too (maybe as a sideboard card). Thanks for another fine contribution to Casual, my favorite format.
No data for this card yet.