|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
T: Add U or B to your mana pool.UB: Dimir Keyrune becomes a 2/2 blue and black Horror until end of turn and is unblockable this turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Dimir Keyrune Discussion
1 month ago
Hey there! This deck looks pretty solid already, and I don't know how much I can help - it's already in great shape. Here's a few suggestions:
- Grisly Spectacle is a little expensive for an EDH removal spell, but it accomplishes two tasks at once, which can be very valuable.
- Cyclonic Rift is one of the best EDH board wipes in existence, and belongs in pretty much every Blue deck ever.
- Sire of Stagnation can get out of hand pretty quickly with all of the card draw and mill it provides.
- Counterspell also belongs in pretty much every Blue deck ever due to its extreme efficiency and versatility.
- Wrexial, the Risen Deep doesn't mill by itself, but takes heavy advantage of the mill effects in your deck.
- Sepulchral Primordial for the same reason as above.
- Whispersilk Cloak can protect your commander and ensure his attacks connect.
- Whispering Madness is sneakily a mill card, forcing your opponents to draw and discard repeatedly.
- Windfall also has the same effect.
- Same with Jace's Archivist.
- Undead Alchemist also causes some serious mill stuff.
- There's basically no reason not to run Command Tower.
- Bojuka Bog turns off any graveyard shenanigans your opponents have going on.
If you're looking for cards to cut, I'd start with:
- Illusionist's Bracers doesn't do what you want it to do; Mirko Vosk's ability is a triggered ability, not an activated ability.
- I don't know how full your graveyard usually gets, so Psychic Spiral seems a little bad.
- Dimir Keyrune is too expensive for its effect.
- Same with Midnight Recovery.
- Same with Dimir Doppelganger.
- Same with Mindshrieker.
- Same with Riddlekeeper.
- Same with Dimir Cutpurse.
In any case, hope this helps!
1 month ago
Nice deck! I am a little amazed though, that Mind Funeral and Traumatize are not in here. Also, since blue-black aren't phenomenal ramping colors, you might want to think about either adding some more mana rocks like Dimir Keyrune, Dimir Signet and/or Talisman of Dominance. I also always have a Dark Ritual in any decks I use that include black; it comes in handy more often than not.
Other stuff worth considering:
- Startled Awake Flip; recurring sorcery that mills 13;
- Sphinx's Tutelage; cheap to cast, does a lot of harm;
- Notion Thief; you're not just draining opponents' libraries, you are also draining their hands (by not allowing them to draw that much);
- Psychic Spiral; great mid-game sorcery to play; forced discard + recursion.
- Leyline of the Void; because why just fill graveyards if you can fill the exile-pile instead? :)
Hope any of this helps. Happy gaming!
6 months ago
7 months ago
7 months ago
Thanks for the input Emzed. I've taken out Risen Executioner, Graf Harvest, Dread Wanderer, Commander's Sphere, Dimir Keyrune and Contingency Plan. But I've decided not to remove Korlash untill i can afford Mikaeus, the Unhallowed. Have put in a Worn Powerstone, a Epiphany at the Drownyard
7 months ago
This deck looks very cool and well crafted. Since you are looking for cards to cut, i personally dislike Risen Executioner, Korlash, Heir to Blackblade, Contingency Plan and Dimir Keyrune. Mesmeric Orb seems powerful, but also risky since it can actually threaten to mill you all the way (i can't see a way in your list to get rid of it).
As for further improvements, Phyrexian Delver, Sidisi, Undead Vizier and Mikaeus, the Unhallowed are some great zombies. Black Market can be another powerful mana source, and a couple of delve cards like Murderous Cut or Dig Through Time could easily work here. Finally, i think it's important to be able to defend against game winning spells like Time Stretch, Tooth and Nail, Insurrection, Cyclonic Rift, Omniscience etc. A couple of counterspells like Swan Song, Stubborn Denial or Arcane Denial could provide a nice safety net to prevent those "Oops the game just ended" moments.
9 months ago
I'm pretty sure that the coding used here was only intended for user homepages. This is partially due to making all text (including the text being written in this comment) illegible. Anyhow, why the Dimir Keyrune/Dimir Cluestone. They are so bad that i could see them even though i am currently blinded.
10 months ago
Fog Bank is an amazing flying wall, and you should definitely put those other two Mind Funeral in, that card is way overpowered, like worst case you take away four lands. Grind can be a crippling control effect if you can get started fast enough, and Mind Funeral is four lands for three mana, and if you really want to have a laugh, Dimir Keyrune + Trepanation Blade is guaranteed grind + unblockable damage AND it taps for mana. Probably should throw that Consuming Aberration in there for laughs as well. Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker is my favorite legendary creature of all time.