Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature has deathtouch and lifelink.
|Have (3)||CompleteWaste , , metalmagic|
|Want (2)||Orzhov202 , saltyseabastard|
Printings View all
|Double Masters (2XM)||Rare|
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Rare|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Basilisk Collar + Ronin Cliffrider
- Basilisk Collar + Triskelion
- Basilisk Collar + Inferno Titan
- Basilisk Collar + Spikeshot Elder
- Basilisk Collar + Perilous Myr
- Basilisk Collar + Sword of Vengeance
- Basilisk Collar + Mortarpod
- Basilisk Collar + Stuffy Doll
- Basilisk Collar + Plated Geopede
- Avacyn, the Purifier + Basilisk Collar
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Basilisk Collar Discussion
1 week ago
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Hey, nice version of Elsha. I saw your forum topic asking for help with cuts.
Six cards to cut to make 100 cards:
- Remember the Fallen: lackluster recursion.
- Danitha Capashen, Paragon: doesn't reduce all artifact casting costs only equipment which makes her not as good as other cost reducers since she doesn't work with the Top combo.
- Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin: creature who's not good enough to disrupt Elsha.
- Ghostly Prison: I don't think you need both Prison and Propaganda, one could be cut.
- Blackblade Reforged: only good if you have a lot of lands, but you don't want a lot of lands with Elsha.
- Basilisk Collar: not a fan unless you're playing ways to take advantage of deathtouch and you can get lifelink from better equipment.
When you want more cuts look to reducing some redundancy:
- Puresteel Paladin is much better than Brass Squire.
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation is much better than Leonin Abunas.
- Sword of Vengeance is better with Elsha than Sigiled Sword of Valeron and Batterskull for vigilance since also gives trample. Valeron is a supbar equipment for the same costs as Vengeance and Batterskull not giving evasion is a big drawback.
- Hammer of Nazahn is better than Darksteel Plate.
All the Swords in the cycle can be good for different budgets, but when you have the three better expensive price ones then you don't need to play the others. Sword of Body and Mind, Sword of War and Peace, Sword of Truth and Justice are not as good as the others and could be cut.
Some cards to consider adding:
- Enlightened Tutor, Whir of Invention, Reshape, Fabricate: tutor for an equipment or Top.
- Foundry Inspector, Cloud Key: other artifact mana cost reducers for the combo with Top.
- Izzet Signet, Azorius Signet, Boros Signet: add the Signets in place of lands.
- Jeskai Ascendancy: is like giving Elsha pseudo vigilance with instant speed surprise untap/pump her to block and draw.
Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
Cards I’d cut:
Basilisk Collar - You don’t need deathtouch and your other lifelink equipment are more desirable.
Helm of the Host - Creating extra 3/3 prowess creatures isn’t worth it.
Sword of Sinew and Steel, Sword of War and Peace - not enough payoff to justify these. Light and Shadow is a bit weak because you don’t have much creatures to reanimate, but the pro-white/pro-black is good at stopping removal and evading blockers. Truth and Justice feels also weak, but you’re getting a bigger beater every turn which is improving your damage output. Fire and Ice and Feast and Famine are the best swords to keep and not cut.
Armory Automaton - Cute but doesn’t contribute anything to you smacking your opponent with your commander.
Godo, Bandit Warlord - Clunky. I know he can be used as part of an infinite combo, but infinite combos should be added in when you have your 100 cards set aside and can start replacing them.
Brainstorm - it might be good for removing lands but you should run Druidic Satchel over it as its a repeatable Rampant Growth in this deck, though since you’re trying to cut cards I think you can go without either.
Remember the Fallen, Serum Visions, Sevinne's Reclamation - Remove these as you can go without them. If you’re worried about losing your stuff you should run Academy Ruins as it only takes up a land slot.
Mystic Forge - Your commander is already doing its job for you.
Masterwork of Ingenuity, Mirrormade - These are situational cards that vary on what you have out. They also provide amazing incentives for your opponents to destroy the original equipment effectively 2-for-1’ing you.
1 month ago
For the most part, a useful 1 drop in EDH is either good because it is efficient removal, can be better when you have more mana (overload and flashback), or has some kind of activated/triggered ability that lasts throughout the game (like Land Tax or equipment). Good 1 drops see a lot of play and can be very expensive, but I'll try to bring up some of the ones I've used since I don't use very expensive ones.
Mana Dorks. They're OP.
1 month ago
I don't know how dedicated to mono-white you are, but Phyresis or even Glistening Oil have the potential to be much faster than Grafted Exoskeleton. Otherwise, having more reliable lifegain options will ensure you have lethal damage when you need it or help win with normal damage as a backup plan. For instance, Nyx-Fleece Ram might be better than Wall of Omens since it contributes to the lifegain triggers and can go on the offensive with Light of Promise. Ring of Thune could just as easily be more Shadowspear or Basilisk Collar. Finally, I'd prefer recurring activations like Chalice of Life Flip or Soulmender to single lifegain instances like Revitalize most of the time, especially with Howling Mine already in the deck to help with draw. Of course, soul sisters is also an option, although they tend to strain the budget a bit more.
1 month ago
Shabraz with a Shadowspear and/or Basilisk Collar could be hilarious as an alternative voltron win. We also forgot about Authority of the Consuls, Expedition Map, Commandeer and Sunscour are "free", Reverent Mantra could be used to protect Brallin while tapped out.
1 month ago
I built a big-mana artifacts deck with Olivia Voldaren at the helm.
We've all run into situations where you have oodles of mana rocks and no where to dump the mana into. Maybe your hand got discarded or you're just running out of answers. Olivia Voldaren is pretty scary once you have 7 mana available to steal any creature at instant speed. Yes, you do have to give them back if she dies, but she's still a good outlet and control piece.
I ultimately took her apart to build something more silly with Etali, Primal Storm; but had a blast while she was at the table.