|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Equipped creature has deathtouch and lifelink.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (42)||ironax , jhunter , Riku580 , Metaphisyk , zachi , , KillDatBUG , tragic_slip , Talistan , ZombieFood , failurechild88 , Lindough , Poptartz95 , Ellyreia , , jrschnoebelen , mentor6 , ecurps , sneferie , robbnoble , Supremespeed , TheAlmostHero , jwitzleben , Vasbear1 , rainbowofdeath , vishnarg , DruneGrey , Hakira , duff87 , dplerner , Fairseas , NivStormfront , Sparky41 , a_murpheus , itheoryz , ShishkyBob , The_Grape , saj0219 , Dimarx , Mortiferus_Rosa , MagnaAura , cklise|
|Want (37)||deeran_moo , DillsDells , psoliver , iamdead173 , UncleJoe421 , ninjadinosir , insanious , THP88 , Sonlin , Ariumlegion , kodie53 , samuelianstorm , accioali , richardmv , Gilgamoosh , darthnuchi , Cartridge , Pulseman , AntiheroFOREVER , Supremespeed , N3M0 , rco , KingMathoro , TrackerD , xcman380 , VampSlayer , vakuso , sonnet666 , esplode , xander025 , wlbreda , Mr.Bebo , Daeyel , DeifiedExile , Donktor_Jcon , XavierDisaster , sgtpumbah|
Basilisk Collar Discussion
2 days ago
Next I think you really need to up the number of cards in your deck that give you lands, sword of the animist is GREAT but it can't do all the work so here's a catalog of them:
- Wayfarer's Bauble
- Burnished Hart
- Expedition Map
- Gift of Estates
- Myriad Landscape
- Surveyor's Scope
- Thaumatic Compass Flip
That's all I could find and the ones that put them onto the battlefield are notably better because combat tricks.
These next suggestions are if you stay more artifact focused, and just general good cards for Voltron:
- Basilisk Collar
- Emeria sheperd
- Umezawa's Jitte
- Sram, Senior Edificer
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator
- Sword of Vengeance
- Masterwork of Ingenuity
- Sculpting Steel
- Blinkmoth Urn
- Silent Arbiter
- Cathedral of War
- Remember the Fallen
- Leonin Abunas
- Magus of the Tabernacle
Sorry if I went too overboard... Also sorry for the lack of black voltron, I just don't know much black voltron-y stuff. Ok. to-da-loo!
3 days ago
I don't want to rewrite your deck, but I will say that Basilisk Collar works quite well with First strike.
And will you please check out my build?
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 114 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
6 days ago
While Shield of the Oversoul is actually an amazing card, I don't actually want flying on my commander. It works against rampage, because it makes my commander harder to block. I do like Basilisk Collar, however, because deathtouch really helps out when I have to swing against big creatures. I'll see if there's a good cut for that
1 week ago
You almost have all the forms of Nahiri!
Also I think in a voltron deck you should have fewer quantity of creatures and more quality creatures. For instance run 8 REALLY good creatures that can be voltron'd or help you voltron vs. 20 creatures that are good in white but not specifically voltron.
Here are a few cards I play in my voltron deck Samurai From The Past! that I think will be of some service too you:
- Spectra Ward: Great card, does a LOT
- Armored Ascension: You only play plains, why not?
- Gift of Immortality: If you are trying to get commander damage across this is a great, otherwise its decent
- Spirit Loop: This may read like lifelink, but it is not lifelink, so you would be able to gain double the life if a creature with lifelink and spirit loop deals damage.
- Remember the Fallen: Solid recursion
- Open the Vaults: Great to bring your stuff back and isn't as expensive as Replenish
- Open the Armory: Great tutor for enchantment or equipment without the pricetag of Enlightened Tutor
- Ajani Steadfast: His +1 is great for Voltron, his -2 is meh, and his ult is great.
- Dispatch: Another path for this deck
- Vedalken Orrery: You always want to be able to play cards at instant speed, as it gives you more control of what happens to the board, specifically your board.
- Scourglass: this deals with problems and keeps all your equipment around to reequip
- Loxodon Warhammer: One of the best non-sword voltron pieces
- Argentum Armor: With the likes of Caged Sun and Extraplanar Lens, you have plenty of mana and you can just go in with a big dude and blow up people's stuff
- Basilisk Collar: Don't underestimate this card, it's so good.
- Magus of the Tabernacle: This is in my Konda Voltron deck (Samurai From The Past! Check it out please!), and it puts a huge strain on go wide strategies and makes players very carefully assess what they want to do in their turn. Either they pay the to keep their 5 creatures or they play a spell, while you are just going to pay the for whatever creature you have Voltron'd
- Leonin Abunas: Great to help deal with people picking apart your assembled voltron creature
- Leonin Shikari: Again instant speed is always a big deal, combat tricks and what not.
1 week ago
Basilisk Collar is also amazing for only 3 mana total to cast/equip. Gives deathtouch and lifelink.
1 week ago
Basilisk Collar would make this deck have a pretty good kill engine.
1 week ago
You are probably going to have trouble turning on Accord with any kind of consistency. I would recommend adding a couple of extra lands, and finding some way to gain life consistently.
Basilisk Collar seems like it would be fantastic in your deck if you don't mind the price. Equipped on a decent creature such as Ajani's Pridemate, you will be able to turn on Accord nearly every turn you attack, and it turns your soul sisters into very effective blockers. Open the Armory can act as copies 5-8 of Collar if you're interested in that plan.
2 weeks ago
I know this page isn't up to date but here's what I'd do:
I would add Mind's Eye 100%. I think a Sun Titan and Armageddon would be worth it. The expensive Equipment cards become better with more focus, like Puresteel Paladin. I'm not sold on Leonin Shikari for such a creature-light deck.
Maybe swap Disenchant with Forsake the Worldly in case you need the draw? Return to Dust is the obvious upgrade. Duelist's Heritage is nice because it isn't an aura and has funny political value on other peoples' turns.
I'm thinking that you should perhaps plan on a more late-game strategy--i.e. more expensive Equipments with bigger bonuses. Seems that the quick win is only viable in 1v1. Perhaps you may want to keep the deck 1v1 only?
I would say drop Armored Ascension, Ethereal Armor (maybe), Serra's Embrace, Unquestioned Authority, Mesa Enchantress, Umbra Mystic, Helm of the Gods. That should open up room for more artifact synergy or more interaction (removal). I'm not sold on Piston Sledge, Hero's Blade, Vorrac Battlehorns, Tenza, Godo's Maul, Ring of Thune.