|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Shapeshifter
1UB: Exile target creature card from a graveyard. Dimir Doppelganger becomes a copy of that card and gains this ability.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||Skydra2 , pskinn01 , Supremespeed , rockleemyhero , vashaclarens , SketchyScribbler , Wolfebladeelite , Antiat , Ellyreia , darthnuchi|
|Want (2)||moonmonster , althekoolkid|
Dimir Doppelganger Discussion
1 week ago
for a budget deck -> okay
but you don't need that many board clears and prob more mill because you want to eternalize the good stuff of your opponents.you can go for more cards like Dimir Doppelganger because the whole meaning of your deck is to use cards of your opponents.
only suggesting a couple of cards that come to my mind. I don't know how much money you are willing to spend and stuff ... or what you want to achieve with the deck.
1 month ago
Hey there! This deck looks pretty solid already, and I don't know how much I can help - it's already in great shape. Here's a few suggestions:
- Grisly Spectacle is a little expensive for an EDH removal spell, but it accomplishes two tasks at once, which can be very valuable.
- Cyclonic Rift is one of the best EDH board wipes in existence, and belongs in pretty much every Blue deck ever.
- Sire of Stagnation can get out of hand pretty quickly with all of the card draw and mill it provides.
- Counterspell also belongs in pretty much every Blue deck ever due to its extreme efficiency and versatility.
- Wrexial, the Risen Deep doesn't mill by itself, but takes heavy advantage of the mill effects in your deck.
- Sepulchral Primordial for the same reason as above.
- Whispersilk Cloak can protect your commander and ensure his attacks connect.
- Whispering Madness is sneakily a mill card, forcing your opponents to draw and discard repeatedly.
- Windfall also has the same effect.
- Same with Jace's Archivist.
- Undead Alchemist also causes some serious mill stuff.
- There's basically no reason not to run Command Tower.
- Bojuka Bog turns off any graveyard shenanigans your opponents have going on.
If you're looking for cards to cut, I'd start with:
- Illusionist's Bracers doesn't do what you want it to do; Mirko Vosk's ability is a triggered ability, not an activated ability.
- I don't know how full your graveyard usually gets, so Psychic Spiral seems a little bad.
- Dimir Keyrune is too expensive for its effect.
- Same with Midnight Recovery.
- Same with Dimir Doppelganger.
- Same with Mindshrieker.
- Same with Riddlekeeper.
- Same with Dimir Cutpurse.
In any case, hope this helps!
2 months ago
Just a few ideas without any justification:
Cards that I believe should be included: Cyclonic Rift, Dimir Doppelganger, Counterspell, Memory Erosion, Phenax, God of Deception, Mind Funeral, Keening Stone, Tainted Isle, Notion Thief, Clever Impersonator
3 months ago
I think budget is the weakest archetype in magic. This does look a lot like my Phenax deck in it's earliest form.
Also Thousand-Year Elixir keeps creeping up in price but it belongs and Mirage Mirror can copy a fresh creature after it's sat on the field for a turn as a less vulnerable artifact. Also Dimir Doppelganger can do something similar and it offers a solution to opponents running Eldrazi reshufflers
3 months ago
Ok, my comment got destroyed, sorry. Lemme try that again. You should run Archive Trap no matter what, maybe splash back for Glimpse the Unthinkable , Dimir Doppelganger , Nemesis of Reason , Oona, Queen of the Fae . Mind Funeral
3 months ago
Well, I think that your deck is good :)But I'll write smthing. I play Phenax for 2 years. My advices is to play with friends (so it's multi 40hp, ur opponents know ur deck and u know their). I really like playing with graveyards. So Diluvian Primordial is rly strong (u can cast Obliterate from one grave and indestructible from another :) ). Blue leyline is nice too. U can think about something like Bribery/Preators Grasp/Sadistic Sacrament, cos ur opponents can have in decks Ulamogs etc, u can take it and play or just exile it (or u can take Teferi's Protection and def ur self but with those spells u need few others lands with any/opponent mana). And, ofc if u know their decks well, u know what they have in their hands :DBoots with haste are very usefull, especially with Eater of the Dead (TOTALLY MUST HAVE). Look at New blue Gearhulk, Mindcrank and Black Ascension (it's combo, but those cards are good alone). Talent of the Telepath is funny card (u can play Army of the Damned in 4th turn :D) and i love it, but it's soooo rng.Altar of Dementia is great if u control opponent creature (u cast Goad all creatures with Blue Prmiordial from ur opponent grave, attack/mill with them and sacrifice all) or u can def with ur creature, tap for mill and sacrifice. Very, very strong with Consuming Aberration.Well, i dont like Altar of the Brood, pref Mesmeric Orb. Few strong cards: Dimir Doppelganger (Boardwipe. U can mill ur self, use his ability on Eater of the Death and its almost gg :) ). And i dont have Traumatize. Huge aggro-card in multi :/. And think about cards like Phyrexian arena/Thasa for draw :)Thats all, sorry for my sucking english ;)
3 months ago
First pass at cuts.
Ankle Shanker, Baleful Strix, Bloodbraid Elf, Cromat, Daxos of Meletis, Dimir Doppelganger, Edric, Spymaster of Trest, Enigma Sphinx, Etherium-Horn Sorcerer, Giltspire Avenger, Harmonic Sliver, Jenara, Asura of War, Juniper Order Ranger, Knight of New Alara, Kresh the Bloodbraided, Lightning Angel, Madrush Cyclops, Magister Sphinx, Mantis Rider, Master Biomancer, Mystic Snake, O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami, Oloro, Ageless Ascetic, Pharika's Mender, Progenitor Mimic, Progenitus, Qasali Pridemage, Rubinia Soulsinger, Ruhan of the Fomori, Samut, Voice of Dissent, Shadowmage Infiltrator, Sharuum the Hegemon, Solemn Simulacrum, Stoic Angel, Surrak Dragonclaw, The Mimeoplasm, Thraximundar, Transguild Courier, Vulturous Zombie, Wall of Denial, Wasitora, Nekoru Queen, Witch-Maw Nephilim
Ajani, Mentor of Heroes, Bant Charm, Behemoth Sledge, Catch / Release, Citanul Flute, Counterflux, Crackling Doom, Crime/Punishment, Crosis's Charm, Cruel Ultimatum, Darksteel Ingot, Dreadbore, Dromar's Charm, Erratic Portal, Esper Charm, Expedition Map, Fellwar Stone, Fist of Suns, Flying Crane Technique, Fractured Identity, Ghirapur Orrery, Golgari Charm, Helm of Awakening, Hindering Light, Hunting Grounds, Mortify, Obzedat's Aid, Panharmonicon, Plasm Capture, Prophetic Bolt, Psychic Strike, Rakdos Charm, Render Silent, Signal the Clans, Spinal Embrace, Terminate, Unscythe, Killer of Kings, Utter End, Voidslime
This leaves you with 114 cards. Though I didn't really consider curve when I made these cuts so I don't know what will happen to that. Regardless, this would be my first pass at cuts.
4 months ago
Here is the list of potential upgrades for the deck although I don't know what to take out for them: