Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price||Normal||Foil|
|0.06 TIX||0.15 TIX|
|Have (42)||Blahfoot96651 , GrandeKhan , 8vomit , DukeNicky , yourfavouritesquid , BlueSlime , Comicalflop , Dallie , Alizer313 , aeonstoremyliver , udinator , Luiscencias , Qivine , christydude , JipVeeke , mymanpotsandpans , georgeegroeg2013 , Mikeantor11 , alulien , rache , rakdos24 , Baezil , Wizard of the Damned , JIV_IV , rikufodder , RubyStrings , Heffrum , ducttapedeckbox , Wsebaste , Ashigaru7 , jwe94 , Kamotz , Braxlyon , Metia , JakeHarlow , Xathrid845 , insertcleverid , SmarmyDog , MangoPunch , scrotality , SpaderAce , diegopereiran|
|Want (3)||jamin , Pallando , Tfuzz|
Invisible Stalker Discussion
10 hours ago
Several things: Firstly, you have seven out of sixty spells that draw cards. I don't really see the need for a Reliquary Tower in there. Either take that out, or stick in a couple card drawing spells such as Foresee or just a playset of cheap Divinations and maybe a Jace's Ingenuity or two. Also, you don't seem to have a wincon (except for your "win on turn 22" Invisible Stalker). Add in a Pearl Lake Ancient or, for a budget option, a Stormtide Leviathan. If you want to go all out, add some variation of Jace. Another thing: Control is more of a grindy game. You should add in an Elixir of Immortality to let you get your graveyard back into the game. Finally, you only have 22 land, and two of that land can only get you colorless mana. If this is supposed to be a control deck, you can't have a land makeup that is good for a control deck. Try to improve this.
21 hours ago
If I understood correctly, I can see a problem with enchantments and equipments. Because the ability to split the teams up and make new ones without any cost and the fact that you can decide who gets the said enchantment/equipment, you can move them around between any of your creatures without any costs or downsides.
Example from this deck. I start with a
Then I split them up and pair Invisible Stalker with Birds of Paradise. Now I split them up again but I decide that Followed Footsteps will be left with Invisible Stalker instead. Then I pair Invisible Stalker back with Giant Adephage
If I understood the rules correctly, this would be completely okay thing to do and I think that this can be abused so much with other enchantments and stuff. Or did I just understand something wrong?
1 day ago
So we tried it out with more control and she didn't like not being able to defend herself consistently. So we decided to make these adjustments.
-4x Stubborn Denial
+3x Assault Strobe
+2x Mutagenic Growth
+4x Spell Pierce
2 days ago
Hey bprebula, long time no see. Its good to see more people learning the game! It seems to me that the deck here is trying two different things at once, both a Delver of Secrets Flip deck and a spell based aggro deck like the Blistercoil Weird combat combo deck. I have a few ideas that would help assimilate your wife's deck type to aid in her learning process of this awesome game! Since she likes the control aspect of the game I would suggest the delver build for sure. Some of the cards i would drop to aid in this are:
-3x Nivix Cyclops
Monastery Swiftspear and Kiln Fiend are both extremely powerful cards when paired with a few well placed spells. Where as Delver of Secrets Flip is a very good value card being a one drop 3/2 flyer essentially. Stonewright, and Invisible Stalker actually clunk this style up, they do not benefit from any other spells being cast. Now for Nivix Cyclops, he is a very defensive creature and can benefit from your spells, but in this case he is a very pricey mana cost. You should be spending your mana gaining ground in the game or dealing with the opponents threats.
-3x Mizzium Skin
-2x Stubborn Denial
-1x Vapor Snag
+1x Mana Leak
+3x Spell Pierce
+4x Rift Bolt
+4x Lava Spike
The reasoning for the removal of Mizzium Skin. Your creatures are not necessary to win a match, but only help speed of the pace. It would be a waste of a card slot to have creature protection main boarded. I've decreased the amount of Stubborn Denial due to the likely-hood of triggering the Ferocious ability. The only creatures to activate it would be Monastery Swiftspear or Kiln Fiend. Since it is still a possibility and a great card, two remain mainboarded. Another great counterspell in this format is Spell Pierce. Most threats in modern are low costed efficient creatures and usually when they are cast, excess mana is far and few. Also, I've dropped Vapor Snag to a three-of rather than a four-of since the ability to bounce is not always relevant. To optimize this list, the Delver decks use a bit of "burn" to assist in life damage and or creature removal. The burn spell Rift Bolt is great in a modern deck and can remove most threats and Lava Spike is another three damage that can stack up quick when your opponent is low on life.
Last but not least, Mana:
Obviously, Scalding Tarn is a fetch land that allows you to grab either an Island or a Mountain. Unfortunately, they are a bit pricey. In this style deck you want to have at most five lands on the field, and if you draw too much land, you lose, quick... so fetching as much as possibly decreases the lands able to be drawn with will then allow you to draw removal, counters, and damage.
I hope this helps a bit with tweaking your wife's deck. Sorry for the extensive explanations, but I'd rather have people understand why and how rather than just telling someone to use this way because it's better.
3 days ago
quesobueno123 I never drafted Innistrad so im not very sure about the limited format, but i guess Think Twice, Spectral Flight, Spare from Evil, Selfless Cathar, Doomed Traveler, Delver of Secrets Flip, Spectral Rider, Invisible Stalker, Curiosity and Fiend Hunter are good cards..
6 days ago
CrovaxTheCursed I'd have to splash blue for Invisible Stalker I don't know if GWU would be spreading my color base too thin or not. I do have a play set of him though... and I'm really actually considering him...
jraynor that is actually what I've been considering. I like that someone else had that idea too. Rancor is just lac luster in this deck in my opinion. But oh how I wish I had the money for 4x Daybreak Coronet
Others have suggested that I put in a Gladecover Scout in place of my Phalanx Leader. I like how she is less "devoted" to her color and that she is a turn one drop with hexproof, What do you think of that?
6 days ago
That is actually a strong point; if you have protection from creatures, then Rancor is not too great of a buff, even for 1 mana. Also, have you thought about Invisible Stalker? I think he's a couple bucks a piece, but for good reason. The built-in Hexproof and Unblockable means all you have to do is make him bigger. He could go in in place of Phalanx Leader because you don't have a mass amount of creatures to benefit from his Heroic ability.
|Power / Toughness||1/1|
|Avg. draft pick||2.07|
|Avg. cube pick||9.33|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Curse of Stalked Prey + Invisible Stalker
- Invisible Stalker + Sword of Body and Mind
- Curiosity + Invisible Stalker + Sigil of Sleep
- Sigil of Sleep + Invisible Stalker
- Breath of Fury + Invisible Stalker + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
- Ethereal Armor + Invisible Stalker
- Curiosity + Dark Favor + Invisible Stalker
- Invisible Stalker + Runechanter's Pike
- Derevi, Empyrial Tactician + Invisible Stalker
- Hidden Strings + Invisible Stalker
- Bident of Thassa + Invisible Stalker
- Invisible Stalker + Trepanation Blade
- Celestial Mantle + Invisible Stalker
- Invisible Stalker + Spirit Loop + Sunbond
- Cradle of Vitality + Invisible Stalker + Ordeal of Heliod
- Hidden Strings + Invisible Stalker + Izzet Staticaster
- Fireshrieker + Invisible Stalker + Shadow Slice
- Fireshrieker + Invisible Stalker + Stolen Identity
- Invisible Stalker + Paranoid Delusions
- Bloodchief Ascension + Invisible Stalker + Sword of Body and Mind
- Invisible Stalker + Nighthowler
- Invisible Stalker + Mark of the Vampire
- Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni + Invisible Stalker
- Druid's Deliverance + Invisible Stalker
- Invisible Stalker + Rafiq of the Many
- Invisible Stalker + Stolen Identity
- Inquisitor's Flail + Invisible Stalker + Loxodon Warhammer
- Invisible Stalker + Wolfir Silverheart
- Savage Beating + Spellbinder + Invisible Stalker
- Deathcult Rogue + Invisible Stalker + Paranoid Delusions
- Fireshrieker + Hidden Strings + Invisible Stalker
- Blessing + Invisible Stalker
- Hands of Binding + Invisible Stalker
- Edric, Spymaster of Trest + Horizon Chimera + Invisible Stalker
- Grand Architect + Invisible Stalker
- Archaeomancer + Invisible Stalker + Stolen Identity
- Elbrus, the Binding Blade + Invisible Stalker
- Crypt Ghast + Hidden Strings + Invisible Stalker
- Fireshrieker + Invisible Stalker
- Invisible Stalker + Jace's Phantasm
- Arcanum Wings + Invisible Stalker + Tallowisp
- Invisible Stalker + Oona's Blackguard