Creature — Human Rogue
Invisible Stalker is unblockable.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price 3%||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$0.46||$0.81||$1.99||$2.58||0.03 TIX||0.02 TIX|
|Have (13)||ducttapedeckbox , alucard4444221 , Dadaman11 , kevzin , Mrbiscuit22 , VampireArm , jwe94 , TheTyrant , 8vomit , mymanpotsandpans , pskinn01 , Spottyfriend , LordJello|
|Want (2)||OverBite00 , vittigo|
Invisible Stalker Discussion
2 days ago
Sygg was my first blue EDH deck, and I personally think he encourages some very interesting play types, other than, "Mill to do X" that most generals in his colors do.
That being said, card drawing ability on creatures is good, but in comparison, Unblockability Ghastlord of Fugue Invisible Stalker and off-turn damage effects Vela the Night-Clad Bloodchief Ascension are more consistent when combined with Sygg.
No maximum had size is important for Sygg, because his potential is limited if he doesn't have it. Recursion is always better in this case, so I suggest picking up a Venser's Journal or even a Spellbook to allow more common access to it.
Creature-wise, cards like Drana, Liberator of Malakir and Stinkdrinker Bandit perform well when given unblockability, and an unblockable Daring Thief has won me many games by literally just trading value cards on the board. A Clone, or card with similar ability Stolen Identity is always appreciated for Sigg, allowing him to 'borrow' a few useful creatures from his opponents. Marang River Prowler is nearly always recastable Inkfathom Infiltrator in this deck.
Sigg has few true wincons, but the ones he does have are brutal. If you are running any rogues, or can land a hit with Sigg, Notorious Throng not only gives you a ridiculous amount of flying tokens, but also allows you to take an extra turn. (That's one spell worth buyback.) Access to unblockable creatures gives you access to cards like Quietus Spike, Necropolis Regent, and Elbrus, the Binding Blade Flip.
TL;DR lean a bit towards more unblockability, you will find that it is easier to draw cards and close out games when you have said cards.
1 week ago
So I built a Proxy deck to get some more realistic playtests, and this is crazy. It has two reliable win conditions that both work in 5-7 turns. There is quite of bit of chance involved with both, but since the aggro fuels the mill it works very consistently. I'm definitely vulnerable to burn and removal, but the hexproof on Invisible Stalker comes in handy since I really only need one attacker to make this work. Being able to stack equip him with Trepanation Blades and hopefully at least 1 Curiosity has been able to mill 30 cards with just one attack. The more colors you are up against the harder it will be, but since it includes the land that gets revealed as part of the mill, it can still slow down three color decks by taking away from their delicate mana pool. Against ramp that grabs land right out of their library it works especially well because the ratio of land to non-land cards is in your favor. Of course Sphinx's Tutelage can be devastating or completely underwhelming, but the unblockable aggro can edge out a win in a few short turns as well. Or not. Just luck of the draw.
So far it has worked exactly the way I want it to. The next step is of course playing it against a real deck. I think it could be great, it certainly is exciting.
1 week ago
and yea Horizon Canopy is just too expensive
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the suggestions, Drakender.
3 weeks ago
I'm sorry for multiposts, but I just realised that Spirit Mantle or Holy Mantle might be very good in your deck, since you can block and take no damage or just not be blocked, so you can put Geist of Saint Traft and you will get a better version of Invisible Stalker...
3 weeks ago
I would also play Mesa Enchantress instead of Kor Spiritdancer and more than one time, its more budget and trigger on all enchantements, but do not boost itself, I also agree, you need more Invisible Stalker.
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Invisible Stalker + Sword of Body and Mind
- Ethereal Armor + Invisible Stalker
- Fireshrieker + Invisible Stalker
- Fireshrieker + Invisible Stalker + Stolen Identity
- Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni + Invisible Stalker
- Invisible Stalker + Stolen Identity
- Hidden Strings + Invisible Stalker
- Crypt Ghast + Hidden Strings + Invisible Stalker
- Invisible Stalker + Jace's Phantasm
- Arcanum Wings + Invisible Stalker + Tallowisp
- Earwig Squad + Invisible Stalker
- Invisible Stalker + Whispering Madness
- Invisible Stalker + Wolfir Silverheart
- Edric, Spymaster of Trest + Horizon Chimera + Invisible Stalker
- Fireshrieker + Invisible Stalker + Quietus Spike
- Celestial Mantle + Invisible Stalker
- Invisible Stalker + Jugan, the Rising Star + Stolen Identity
- Fireshrieker + Invisible Stalker + Shadow Slice
- Invisible Stalker + Quietus Spike
- Hands of Binding + Invisible Stalker
- Invisible Stalker + Paranoid Delusions
- Arcanum Wings + Eldrazi Conscription + Invisible Stalker
- Invisible Stalker + Quietus Spike + Ring of Evos Isle
- Invisible Stalker + Tormented Soul
- Cradle of Vitality + Invisible Stalker + Ordeal of Heliod
- Death's Shadow + Varolz, the Scar-Striped + Invisible Stalker
- Invisible Stalker + Trepanation Blade