|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs Vraska (DDM)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Destroy target nonartifact creature. Its controller puts a number of cards equal to that creature's power from the top of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Grisly Spectacle Discussion
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Hey there! This deck looks pretty solid already, and I don't know how much I can help - it's already in great shape. Here's a few suggestions:
- Grisly Spectacle is a little expensive for an EDH removal spell, but it accomplishes two tasks at once, which can be very valuable.
- Cyclonic Rift is one of the best EDH board wipes in existence, and belongs in pretty much every Blue deck ever.
- Sire of Stagnation can get out of hand pretty quickly with all of the card draw and mill it provides.
- Counterspell also belongs in pretty much every Blue deck ever due to its extreme efficiency and versatility.
- Wrexial, the Risen Deep doesn't mill by itself, but takes heavy advantage of the mill effects in your deck.
- Sepulchral Primordial for the same reason as above.
- Whispersilk Cloak can protect your commander and ensure his attacks connect.
- Whispering Madness is sneakily a mill card, forcing your opponents to draw and discard repeatedly.
- Windfall also has the same effect.
- Same with Jace's Archivist.
- Undead Alchemist also causes some serious mill stuff.
- There's basically no reason not to run Command Tower.
- Bojuka Bog turns off any graveyard shenanigans your opponents have going on.
If you're looking for cards to cut, I'd start with:
- Illusionist's Bracers doesn't do what you want it to do; Mirko Vosk's ability is a triggered ability, not an activated ability.
- I don't know how full your graveyard usually gets, so Psychic Spiral seems a little bad.
- Dimir Keyrune is too expensive for its effect.
- Same with Midnight Recovery.
- Same with Dimir Doppelganger.
- Same with Mindshrieker.
- Same with Riddlekeeper.
- Same with Dimir Cutpurse.
In any case, hope this helps!
3 weeks ago
I'd recommend cutting Slagwurm Armor, Hover Barrier, Guiltfeeder, River Kelpie, and Mortivore for Sire of Stagnation, Doorkeeper, Gonti, Lord of Luxury, and Sewer Nemesis, Fraying Sanity. I'd also recommend Silent Arbiter, Riddlekeeper, Manic Scribe, Memory Erosion and Grisly Spectacle as well as Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter or Paradox Engine.
1 month ago
Heres a list of modern legal Mill spells that I dont think you have listed in your deck.
To make a decent mill deck youll definitely need to splash black as the most efficient cards for mill are Dimir cards.
Youll also want to use Fetch and Shock lands like Watery Grave and Polluted Delta if you want to attempt competitive level play. I would recommend not doing that though because mill is very inefficient against the meta decks in modern and is considered by most to be too slow.
Hope that helps!
1 month ago
2 months ago
Grisly Spectacle is great removal in this deck.
3 months ago
Are only two curses enough to win? I think you might need more mill support:
Grisly Spectacle as a kill mill spell
3 months ago
If your just getting into modern, here's my take to help you play a mill deck with a sideboard for the format modern.
Game 1 is full throttle wincon. Put enough disruption in to get the job done as fast as possible to see what you're up against. The sideboard is used to fill in defensive holes games 2&3. Mill catds shouldn't be included in the SB, they don't help you. You need to buy more time to make the deck work.
That being said, you need to drop from the SB the following:
These cards are too expensive and do too little, too late.
Visions of Beyond- (you already have 3 in MB)
I would suggest MB your Crypt Incursions, as well. These have done SO.MUCH for me, and many decks have a hard time coming back from your lifegain.
Consider for your SB, going Esper. Add like 5 plains, a couple Ethereal Haze, Darkness, Ghostly Prison (for go-wide decks) or Holy Day, to stop combat damage. Perhaps some Path to Exile to set up a free Archive Trap trigger. Seek can proactively find and remove GY reshufflers like the Eldrazi titans (Emerakul, Ulamog), and artifacts/enchantments like Leyline of Sanctity, Elixir of Immortality, and Wheel of Sun and Moon. Alternatively, you