Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver
+2: Exile the top three cards of target opponent's library.
-X: Put a creature card with converted mana cost X exiled with Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver onto the battlefield under your control. That creature is a Nightmare in addition to its other types.
-10: Exile all cards from all opponents' hands and graveyards.
|Have (2)||gildan_bladeborn , Hellsing|
|Want (3)||postmodernmajgen , danleniumfalcon , DrPizzaq|
Printings View all
|Theros (THS)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.03%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver Discussion
17 hours ago
2 weeks ago
Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver would fit nicely. +1 for novelty
1 month ago
My favorite Planeswalkers are:
- Kaya (Kaya, Orzhov Usurper or Kaya, Ghost Assassin, not Kaya, Bane of the Dead, which seems weird for her)
- Wrenn and Six
- Sorin Markov (Other Sorins are very cool, but I'm super happy to see him in monoblack again
- Serra the Benevolent, very cool design
- Mu Yanling and Tamiyo, the Moon Sage. I don't like what they did to Tamiyo, making her multicolored, so I'm happy to see her tempo style abilities put on a new walker, still an Asian woman, lol.
- Aminatou, the Fateshifter
- Elspeth (My favrorite representation of white's power)
- Teferi, Hero of Dominaria, I like him over .
Huatli I mainly like for her Huatli, Radiant Champion card, and this is her set on Ikoria, personally, I'd rather her, Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver, and Mu Yanling on the plane, and have each of them be a tribal walker, rather than have Narset of the Ancient Way on the plane.
This would make Elementals more viable, I think, not just Temur Elementals, with 3 relevant walkers.
Ajani and Lukka as curve toppers in a Cats tribal deck would be cool. Maybe Mardu to include the Cauldron Familiar? Unsure.
Huatli, Advocate of the Dinosaurs
Legendary Planeswalker - Huatli
+2: Put a loyalty counter on Huatli, Radiant Champion for each dinosaur you control.
-X: Put X +1/+1 counters on each dinosaur you control. You may chose one of the following counters: first strike, lifelink, menace, reach, trample, or vigilance, and put one of them on each dinosaur you control.
-12: You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your upkeep, create X 3/3 green Dinosaur creature tokens with Trample, where X is the number of Dinosaurs you control."
I'd like to see another tribal walker, as described above
- Ashiok - Nightmares
- Lukka - Cats
- Vivien - Beasts
- Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer - Elemental
1 month ago
Legendary Creature - Human Coward
Whenever a spell or ability targets you or a permanent or spell you control, Norin, Panicking deals 2 damage to its controller.
Whenever a creature attacks you or a planeswalker you control, Norin, Panicking deals 2 damage to its controller.
I think he's rather relatable, just shocking any and everything that tries to hurt him. I designed him to be an enemy to Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver, as even their other cards (Ashiok, Sculptor of Fears, Ashiok, Dream Render, and Ashiok, Nightmare Muse) all require targeting or attacking a particular player, also Norin is a coward and AShiok is basically the boogeyman, so they seem diametrically opposed.
I'd like to see another Lukka, Coppercoat Outcast card! (as a planeswalker, not on Ikoria)
3 months ago
Mill is fun! I have some thoughts, though:
- A nice finisher might be Mind Grind, since that can be nice and damaging. You also have Consuming Aberration that can get quite large and quite lethal. (Quite quickly.)
- For the milling strategy, another option could be to go the route with Sphinx's Tutelage, which can add up quickly. I've toyed around with using Tutelage and Folio of Fancies to draw all the cards and empty all the opponents' libraries in record time. This could also be nice in combination with Into the Story; this might be a better route to consider instead of Memory Adept (and especially four copies).
- If you want the milling strategy, better planeswalkers than that Jace are Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver and Ashiok, Dream Render. The former helps you steal opponents' threats, while the latter is straight-up value milling plus exile (which is useful if dredge-like shenanigans are a thing).
- Other useful milling creatures are Minister of Inquiries, Overwhelmed Apprentice, and Manic Scribe, each with a bit of a different niche. (I like the Apprentice, since the bonus scry also sets up your draws.) You can also add Thing in the Ice Flip as a bonus finisher: if you cast four qualifying spells, the Thing flips and lets you re-use your Secretkeepers, Ministers, et al.
4 months ago
Alrighty so I definitely like the idea of utilizing an exile-matters Esper deck, and I have always loved Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver, and definitely think she should be a staple. Especially if you continue on the mill-plan. But I would actually advise against that. I would, personally, play a deck that runs cards like Spell Queller and Brain Maggot combined with “processor” eldrazi like Wasteland Strangler so that the card you exile will never come back! I like Etrata, but the rest of the creatures in the deck seem particularly weak. They do really cool things, but in competitive mtg you really want your 4-5-6 drops to do something when they enter the field (like Siege Rhino), to be really annoying to remove, (like Niv-Mizzet, Parun) or be potentially game winning if not answered immediately (like Elspeth, Sun's Champion)
Hope I helped and I would definitely answer any questions you have! I just think mill is an extremely weak archetype, and think a more control-oriented strategy would work out very well.
4 months ago
Hello, thanks for your interest in my deckbuilding of Circu Circu's Field of Dreams (Lantern) [Primer]. To your question: Basically yes, the combo Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter , but I'm unsatisfied with this win condition. While playing the deck one of the problems is the board presence and also some hate coming from other players for taxing their stuff. Nevertheless I'd keep the Isochron Scepter-combo in as addition. With this artifact you can also imprint other important spells like Mystical Tutor, Reality Shift and also Cabal Ritual so this card is doing well. I don't like to depend so much on one win condition, so I'm going on for some rebuild.
Unfortunately I have not found yet time to give the deck an update. I'm going to cut for sure Archfiend of Depravity (to less interactions, no protection at all), Wizened Snitches (4 CMC is too much), Meekstone (No cards to tap other creatures). I also question the amount of Counterspells in the deck, guess those cards are not so important. Surprisingly well performed so far has Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver.
The thing I'd work on is more on the Notion Thief + Whispering Madness -combo, working also with many other cards (Windfall, Day's Undoing, Teferi's Puzzle Box,...). Therefor think of Waste Not, Bone Miser or Words of Waste. Winning is possible with the Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank -combo. Another card could be Twilight Prophet for some life gain..
4 months ago
I'm currently working on an esper millish exile deck using
Kaya, Orzhov Usurper +1 to exile, -5 to deal damage from exile.
Ashiok, Nightmare Muse +1 for exile, -7 to cast exiled cards.
Ashiok, Dream Render to exile and empty graveyards (voids escape/flashback)
Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver +2 exile, -10 to empty hand/graveyard. -10 is tough without proliferate.
Etrata, the Silencer unlockable damage plus alt wincon.
If you decide to make a separate Nightveil Specter deck consider esper and use Athreos, Shroud-Veiled love the idea of putting coin counters on their creatures, then getting to use them against my opponent when they die.