|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Bountiful Promenade enters the battlefield tapped unless you have two or more opponents.
: Gain or .
Bountiful Promenade Discussion
2 months ago
Hello! Saw the deck pop up in my feed and as I already had a curse based Zur the enchanter deck i thought it might be fun to give your deck a spin.
I play primarily online and in budget, so I had to make some changes: The fetch lands were outside my pricing limitations, so Bloodstained Mire was replaced with Swamp , Flooded Strand replaced with Evolving Wilds , Horizon Canopy replaced with Bountiful Promenade , Polluted Delta with Terramorphic Expanse , Verdant Catacombs with Cabal Coffers , Wooded Foothills with Golgari Rot Farm , and I kept Windswept Heath as I already owned one. For anyone reading this, realize that removing fetches drastically alters the pacing and mana fixing of the deck, but also saves hundreds of tix. I kept Serra's Sanctum in, even though it was outside my price range, as there was no suitable replacement.
With no other notable changes I begin my playtesting: Game 1: kept 3 lands ( Krosan Verge + filter land + Woodland Cemetery ) Utopia Sprawl , Satyr Enchanter , the game quickly spiraled out of control with 1 player mana screwed and the other two playing token-based strategies. game ended with Teferi's Protection into Replenish to avoid a board wipe and stick Opalesence for lethal.
Game 2: A slow clunky hand led to my first mulligan which yielded 3 lands, Eidolon of Blossoms and 2 bad enchantments. brutal flooding let to discarding 4 lands by turn 6 after 2 tymna attacks for 1 and 2 cards respectively: this is not likely a reflection on the deck but MTGO's shuffler. flood happens. after awhile became archenemy, got my board wiped by Cyclonic Rift with no way to keep most of my enchants in hand on cleanup and had Replenish hit by Dissipate causing a huge setback. Having Mana Tithe in the deck would have been an enormous boon in this situation, and at worst it's a one-of one cost spell that occasionally completely hoses a play.
While I highly doubt 2 games are enough to see everything a deck has to offer, from what I have seen thus far it performs well, feels fun to play, and is fairly consistent. In my second game I could have played around counter magic, but I wasn't expecting exile specifically. It might be worth finding room for Riftsweeper and Mana Tithe but if the deck performs this way without the fetches you're probably on to something great.
3 months ago
Hey again, saw your forum topic asking for help.
Consider cards that can arrange the top of your library? These cards let you more easily reveal a creature to cheat into play with Mayael. If your friend's budget is $1000 then he/she can afford Scroll Rack and/or Sensei's Divining Top and/or Sylvan Library . These three cards are powerful repeatable ways to arrange the top of your library. Enlightened Tutor can tutor for one of these cards. Other cards that do this are creature tutors that put the creature you search for on top of your library: Worldly Tutor , Congregation at Dawn and Sylvan Tutor .
Other cards to consider:
- Iona, Shield of Emeria : in sideboard, if you have it put it main deck.
- Herald of War : in sideboard, if you have it put it main deck.
- Resplendent Angel
- Angel of Serenity
- Nature's Lore
- Defense of the Heart
- Sacred Foundry
- Stomping Ground
- Windswept Heath
- Wooded Foothills
- Battlefield Forge
- Karplusan Forest
- Spire Garden
- Bountiful Promenade
- Mana Vault
Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
The rest is an attempt to lean into a superfriends subtheme
4 months ago
Any reason as to why one would ever consider putting yourself a turn behind with a land like Selesnya Sanctuary ??? Just curious really as you have a "proper" mana base and then this janky slow casual land that is comparably poor when even basic lands are better than this :)...
(Synergy with orb effects is not the answer I'm looking for btw because that's a joke one can't take serious...)
While Bountiful Promenade is a thing as well!
5 months ago
5 months ago
Hey, this is one of the better made Emmara decks on TappedOut, nice job.
Consider Reconnaissance? One drop enchantment is very good with Emmara since it gives you three phases to tap and untap her each turn. During your first main phase tap and untap Emmara then attack with her and take her out of combat. Free to then tap and untap her again in your second main phase. Consider Aura Shards or Nullmage Shepherd? Shards is one of the better enchantments with tokens being able to destroy not just one, but many opponent artifacts or enchantments each turn whenever Emmara makes a token. Shepherd is less good, but budget and still can be a repeatable way using Emmara/Soldiers to destroy your opponents artifacts/enchantments.
Consider Eladamri's Call? Budget creature tutor and it's one the best since it's instant and puts the creature right into your hand. Canopy Vista, Temple Garden, Bountiful Promenade are Selesnya dual lands to consider. Gavony Township and Wirewood Lodge are great utility lands with Emmara and tokens.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Sundering Vitae
- Join Shields
- Helm of the Host
- Blossoming Sands
- Selesnya Guildgate
- Selesnya Sanctuary
- 1x Plains
- 1x Forest
6 months ago
@ShaperSavant Nice one^^,
In short: I never said I invented the concept of Derevi Stax but you wouldn't know that because you never even looked at the primer properly but that's okay I know it's better than the kids' copy primer!...
- "Derevi is not a tier 1 strategy, so the title of your list would be misleading to players."
It's one of the better Stax decks out there together with blood pod and such. So in a sense, it's above all the other Stax decks even though Tiers are a mere illusion in this dataless CEDH world... and without that Data, you can only get to what you've done with your list and that's fine!!!
Also, I don't see tier 1 in the title anywhere so?
京 An illusion? What are you hiding? (CEDH-STAX) 京
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 121 | 69 COMMENTS | 21359 VIEWS | IN 62 FOLDERS
- "Sol Ring, Wild Growth, Priest of Titania: multi-mana sources that have a strong Derevi synergy; their non-inclusion borders on incorrectness."
You're joking, right? These aren't necessary at all and have cute interactions sure but aren't fully game-breaking auto-inclusions for what this deck tries to do at all so let me correct you on that (doesn't border on incorrectness but rather borders on consistency with other aspects ;) ) ...
- Counters/interaction at CMC 1 or less ...I can 50/50 agree on some of the counters and interactions but 70% of the time you won't be able to play them either because of certain Staxy cards this deck might use don't you think?... Anyhow yes, they can be of use sometimes but I don't agree the deck suffers without them all the time...
- Bountiful Promenade (I Still strongly disagree that lands like these are better than pain lands as the condition of you dying from a Painland is far less likely than ending up in a 1v1 with Derevi after a while... Both are equally ridiculous scenarios yet I still favor pain above bond... (Horizon Canopy is on the want list as I said 3 times already so yeah thanks for reading that as well!)
- Caustic Caterpillar, Again, I'm sure it has some uses with The Chain Veil, Aetherflux Reservoir, and Paradox Engine as they won't want to play into it... but you can't have that 2 Mana open 24/7 either and still is a 1 for 1... not convinced by the card...
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist, We have a lot of Selvala, Heart of the Wilds's and Yisan, the Wanderer Bard's here and there and other Stax decks (+ many more) that run creatures combo like Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and others too. I don't see how you can claim it's casual as you have no clue what my few different meta plays... and I do have an entire sideboard if I go to other stores or know that the league I play in is filled with a certain playstyle... but yeah you definitely read my primer (press X to doubt)! Mirri is still a flex card with the amount of creature combo that might be out there...
- Meekstone, Again I play in a huge league and people from all kinds of backgrounds with different playstyles join and try stuff so I am versatile and consistent (even with winning)... So if in a Multiplayer game or 2 headed giant game someone is a bit less invested into top-end Cedh and runs something than can bash trough (for example at the start of the pairings you might meet these decks as the first round is randomized) this still is handy regardless of the perfect world were your playing against only competitive EDH decks which do not always appear 100% on a tournament point of view as that is unpredictable, and it's plain stupid to claim a card makes the entire meta I play in casual... more than 100 people joined the league so far... Eventually, you face off against something you wouldn't expect... At the end you most of the time have a table filled with Cedh players going for first place and a table filled with the lower power decks and casuals as they never play as consistent... (Time limit we use is the same as any other official FNM or tournament so jank that would last dozens of hours isn't seen as much either, and when time is called you only get a 4-5 [don't remember exactly] turns starting at active player until someone ends it or they draw scoring last place of the pod with everyone who had a draw as well...)
- Selvala, Explorer Returned, (I was testing her for a long while and I mostly test cards for a month or two before I decide to keep or ship, though I removed her before you even replied so????)
- Gaddock Teeg casual? The Chain Veil CMC? Ad Nauseam CMC? Aetherflux Reservoir CMC? Paradox Engine CMC? and many more at 4 or more xD... come again? (Also in the league i mentioned earlier it does it's job as it is a very versatile card!)
Seems like you don't know how this deck really works, apart from the "shaman" these cards create soft locks and aren't at all slow... soft locks become hard locks... having a variety of these creates consistency and bodies for Derevi triggers.
As it stands, I do not wish to be added if a condescending view is given upon a deck without first of all even looking at the primer and claiming 12 pages long (yes you didn't read it) isn't as good as the two blocks of text the other kids copypasta has... Secondly claiming things you have no idea about and calling things casual is pretty low and wrong if you don't know how Derevi Stax works that is okay, just don't claim things you are unsure about again!!! (this makes me respect you less as a person who decides what goes on the list though as it is purely biased based of what you say and like more in your unknown meta) ...
Even though I feel like showing only the one deck isn't the way to show people the true potential or ideas that might be out there if I may add that! As I like the variety you offer with Thrasios and Tymna for example... Although a lot of different meta exist which you don't seem to grasp at all yet for Stax that is... so again some meta might see more of this or that but on a league that's a season long were I made the top 3 last season with 2 fewer tournaments played than the first 2 I 'de say my consistency is huge...
(Weekly MP, 2HG and yes 1v1 is in it too and I play the Marchesa list on my tapped out but that's still only 1/3 of the way while more than 100 people joined and around 20-30 ish were consistently fighting for the top) (1v1 Uses MTGO 1v1 ban list and before that the duel so yea Derevi is banned there for good reason!)
Anyhow, I might test some of these cards, definitely not all of them that's for sure! but this deck is forever under construction and always worked on + added primer parts show up more consistently than Sigi updates any of his decks' xD... I'd say it surely gives a good viewpoint with it's added sideboard in the description on which ways you can go or want to go be it Cedh or just something high power but not casual at all...
Bountiful Promenade occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%
GW (Selesnya): 1.26%
GWU (Bant): 1.06%