Bountiful Promenade enters the battlefield tapped unless you have two or more opponents.
: Gain or .
Bountiful Promenade Discussion
4 days ago
The rest is an attempt to lean into a superfriends subtheme
3 weeks ago
Any reason as to why one would ever consider putting yourself a turn behind with a land like Selesnya Sanctuary ??? Just curious really as you have a "proper" mana base and then this janky slow casual land that is comparably poor when even basic lands are better than this :)...
(Synergy with orb effects is not the answer I'm looking for btw because that's a joke one can't take serious...)
While Bountiful Promenade is a thing as well!
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Hey, this is one of the better made Emmara decks on TappedOut, nice job.
Consider Reconnaissance? One drop enchantment is very good with Emmara since it gives you three phases to tap and untap her each turn. During your first main phase tap and untap Emmara then attack with her and take her out of combat. Free to then tap and untap her again in your second main phase. Consider Aura Shards or Nullmage Shepherd? Shards is one of the better enchantments with tokens being able to destroy not just one, but many opponent artifacts or enchantments each turn whenever Emmara makes a token. Shepherd is less good, but budget and still can be a repeatable way using Emmara/Soldiers to destroy your opponents artifacts/enchantments.
Consider Eladamri's Call? Budget creature tutor and it's one the best since it's instant and puts the creature right into your hand. Canopy Vista, Temple Garden, Bountiful Promenade are Selesnya dual lands to consider. Gavony Township and Wirewood Lodge are great utility lands with Emmara and tokens.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Sundering Vitae
- Join Shields
- Helm of the Host
- Blossoming Sands
- Selesnya Guildgate
- Selesnya Sanctuary
- 1x Plains
- 1x Forest
2 months ago
@ShaperSavant Nice one^^,
In short: I never said I invented the concept of Derevi Stax but you wouldn't know that because you never even looked at the primer properly but that's okay I know it's better than the kids' copy primer!...
- "Derevi is not a tier 1 strategy, so the title of your list would be misleading to players."
It's one of the better Stax decks out there together with blood pod and such. So in a sense, it's above all the other Stax decks even though Tiers are a mere illusion in this dataless CEDH world... and without that Data, you can only get to what you've done with your list and that's fine!!!
Also, I don't see tier 1 in the title anywhere so?
京 An illusion? What are you hiding? (CEDH-STAX) 京
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 121 | 69 COMMENTS | 21359 VIEWS | IN 62 FOLDERS
- "Sol Ring, Wild Growth, Priest of Titania: multi-mana sources that have a strong Derevi synergy; their non-inclusion borders on incorrectness."
You're joking, right? These aren't necessary at all and have cute interactions sure but aren't fully game-breaking auto-inclusions for what this deck tries to do at all so let me correct you on that (doesn't border on incorrectness but rather borders on consistency with other aspects ;) ) ...
- Counters/interaction at CMC 1 or less ...I can 50/50 agree on some of the counters and interactions but 70% of the time you won't be able to play them either because of certain Staxy cards this deck might use don't you think?... Anyhow yes, they can be of use sometimes but I don't agree the deck suffers without them all the time...
- Bountiful Promenade (I Still strongly disagree that lands like these are better than pain lands as the condition of you dying from a Painland is far less likely than ending up in a 1v1 with Derevi after a while... Both are equally ridiculous scenarios yet I still favor pain above bond... (Horizon Canopy is on the want list as I said 3 times already so yeah thanks for reading that as well!)
- Caustic Caterpillar, Again, I'm sure it has some uses with The Chain Veil, Aetherflux Reservoir, and Paradox Engine as they won't want to play into it... but you can't have that 2 Mana open 24/7 either and still is a 1 for 1... not convinced by the card...
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist, We have a lot of Selvala, Heart of the Wilds's and Yisan, the Wanderer Bard's here and there and other Stax decks (+ many more) that run creatures combo like Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and others too. I don't see how you can claim it's casual as you have no clue what my few different meta plays... and I do have an entire sideboard if I go to other stores or know that the league I play in is filled with a certain playstyle... but yeah you definitely read my primer (press X to doubt)! Mirri is still a flex card with the amount of creature combo that might be out there...
- Meekstone, Again I play in a huge league and people from all kinds of backgrounds with different playstyles join and try stuff so I am versatile and consistent (even with winning)... So if in a Multiplayer game or 2 headed giant game someone is a bit less invested into top-end Cedh and runs something than can bash trough (for example at the start of the pairings you might meet these decks as the first round is randomized) this still is handy regardless of the perfect world were your playing against only competitive EDH decks which do not always appear 100% on a tournament point of view as that is unpredictable, and it's plain stupid to claim a card makes the entire meta I play in casual... more than 100 people joined the league so far... Eventually, you face off against something you wouldn't expect... At the end you most of the time have a table filled with Cedh players going for first place and a table filled with the lower power decks and casuals as they never play as consistent... (Time limit we use is the same as any other official FNM or tournament so jank that would last dozens of hours isn't seen as much either, and when time is called you only get a 4-5 [don't remember exactly] turns starting at active player until someone ends it or they draw scoring last place of the pod with everyone who had a draw as well...)
- Selvala, Explorer Returned, (I was testing her for a long while and I mostly test cards for a month or two before I decide to keep or ship, though I removed her before you even replied so????)
- Gaddock Teeg casual? The Chain Veil CMC? Ad Nauseam CMC? Aetherflux Reservoir CMC? Paradox Engine CMC? and many more at 4 or more xD... come again? (Also in the league i mentioned earlier it does it's job as it is a very versatile card!)
Seems like you don't know how this deck really works, apart from the "shaman" these cards create soft locks and aren't at all slow... soft locks become hard locks... having a variety of these creates consistency and bodies for Derevi triggers.
As it stands, I do not wish to be added if a condescending view is given upon a deck without first of all even looking at the primer and claiming 12 pages long (yes you didn't read it) isn't as good as the two blocks of text the other kids copypasta has... Secondly claiming things you have no idea about and calling things casual is pretty low and wrong if you don't know how Derevi Stax works that is okay, just don't claim things you are unsure about again!!! (this makes me respect you less as a person who decides what goes on the list though as it is purely biased based of what you say and like more in your unknown meta) ...
Even though I feel like showing only the one deck isn't the way to show people the true potential or ideas that might be out there if I may add that! As I like the variety you offer with Thrasios and Tymna for example... Although a lot of different meta exist which you don't seem to grasp at all yet for Stax that is... so again some meta might see more of this or that but on a league that's a season long were I made the top 3 last season with 2 fewer tournaments played than the first 2 I 'de say my consistency is huge...
(Weekly MP, 2HG and yes 1v1 is in it too and I play the Marchesa list on my tapped out but that's still only 1/3 of the way while more than 100 people joined and around 20-30 ish were consistently fighting for the top) (1v1 Uses MTGO 1v1 ban list and before that the duel so yea Derevi is banned there for good reason!)
Anyhow, I might test some of these cards, definitely not all of them that's for sure! but this deck is forever under construction and always worked on + added primer parts show up more consistently than Sigi updates any of his decks' xD... I'd say it surely gives a good viewpoint with it's added sideboard in the description on which ways you can go or want to go be it Cedh or just something high power but not casual at all...
2 months ago
Hi, so it seems Sigi is "swamped" with work and not really focused on Cedh anymore that he is unable to give me a proper argument or even respond as a proper "Cedh player" should. (Also blocked me pretty = childish and low I'd say xD) So why an exact copy with absolutely no proof of it being even remotely better and keeping in mind that Stax can be meta dependant (So not running an autistic caterpiller is not going to make a deck more or less Cedh suitable and I'd argue it is a shit card but w/e) also it was added a year later than the list I made...
So if you could go over the reason for each card that I don't run which the copy version runs and why it is better (regardless of meta as that would not be a valid argument in Stax because not one meta is the same and it would be insanly inaccurate to base the decision on something as poor as that xD)
Caustic Caterpillar (No! Sure you're ready for fluxervoir or P-Engine, but not using your mana every turn as a Stax player is rare and the occasion you get to use this still 2 others on your table ;) )
Gilded Drake (Sure but only one target creature will be yours and this in certain matchups is dead)
Manglehorn (Sure! Good vs storm and artifacts and that's all)
Priest of Titania (Not needed, though can be useful in dork meta sure!)
Runic Armasaur (? not always as good)
Ulvenwald Tracker (Cool you curve out on this guy and no one plays dorks xD, and even if they do, chances are still there you can't afford to fight certain creatures with your creatures !!!)
Bountiful Promenade (Painland is still better)
Forsaken City (Just for Stasis locks, otherwise it does nothing 90% of the time and gives you nice card disadvantage if you want to use it outside of stasis Great really!)
Horizon Canopy (Cool! a card that's on the wantlist and is my next focus on getting for a very long time now...Nothing special here I just never wanted the FS version as it is ugly and I will probably get me an expedition soon!)
Strip Mine (Yes 100% more Cedh suitable I found the card bois X TO DOUBT...)
Crop Rotation (Cool! not necessary though as it still doesn't enable a turn 2 Derevi only works later on with cradle or nykthos sure!)
Nature's Claim (sure, try and pay for it when everything costs more or with a trinisphere or rule of law effect out, good turn!)
Negate (Sure you're going to 1v1 someone on a 4 man table while you probably can't play it yourself under certain stax, It might save you once from someone else going off but hey you forgot about the other 2!!!!)
Swan Song (Sure you're going to 1v1 someone on a 4 man table while you probably can't play it yourself under certain stax, It might save you once from someone else going off but hey you forgot about the other 2!!!!)
Swords to Plowshares (Sure you're going to 1v1 someone on a 4 man table while you probably can't play it yourself under certain stax, It might save you once from someone else going off but hey you forgot about the other 2!!!!)
Wild Growth (Yep I found the card that makes the copy more Cedh Suitable than mine x D!!!)
Sol Ring (Wauw can't cast derevi turn 2, can't play it or use it under a lot of stuff we play)
Wauw so much difference, such insane, very wauw... Change my mind why the copy is better and these cards make it the only version you show? also, sigi can't count very well ;)
2 months ago
Canopy Vista Glacial Fortress Prairie Stream Hinterland Harbor Sea of Clouds Bountiful Promenade Brushland Temple of the False God Temple of Plenty Temple of Enlightenment Hallowed Fountain Breeding Pool Temple Garden
Bountiful Promenade occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.12%
GW (Selesnya): 0.99%
GWU (Bant): 0.9%
RGW (Naya): 0.13%