Choose artifact, creature, or land. Tap all untapped permanents of the chosen type target player controls, or untap all tapped permanents of that type that player controls.
|Want (2)||Atyidae , RioluRiot|
Printings View all
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Turnabout occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
1 week ago
Hi Flooremoji! To be honest, I haven't played the deck a ton, but it's been alright for me! I've seen people have a similar distribution of counterspells, adding a proper Counterspell or a Pact of Negation in the mainboard. If needed, you can always Cunning Wish for a Pact!
The Search for Azcanta Flip can be fairly powerful, but the thing is that it's slow. I like it in the Control matchup, and as I mentioned in the description, my meta is fairly Control heavy. A really cool thing to do with it, is to activate it (sometimes with just one Island, if you've cast multiple High Tide) and untap it with either Turnabout or Time Spiral! :D
Hi 0rc! The thing about Daze is that it's very good on curve, on turn 2 or 3, for the early stages of the game, specially if you can afford to bounce an Island. But unlike Flusterstorm it's not a hard counter, it's in fact a pretty soft counterspell! And when you're comboing off, paying one mana is fairly easy for any opponent! Specially if they have Islands as well, because High Tide also increases their mana. Flusterstorm is mostly a protective counterspell in counter wars, for when you're comboing off, and the Storm count is at least 3 or 4. The deck can pretty handedly combo with 4 Islands and a good hand, more securely with 5 Islands, and if you have a great hand, even with 3 Islands! Having High Tide, Turnabout and Time Spiral you can cast Tide, untap with Turnabout, cast the Spiral, draw 7, you have six mana... if you haven't played a land yet (turn 4+ then) it's awesome...
Oh! I love this deck! hahaha Thanks to you both for commenting!
1 week ago
1 month ago
I made a list that you can find here. If you change categories from "Type" to "Custom" I have each one labeled. There's a description with it, but below I'll include my recommendations. Let me know what you think.
Dig Through Time, Expansion / Explosion, Fellwar Stone, Fury Storm, Growth Spiral, Gruul Charm, Gruul Signet, Izzet Charm, Izzet Signet, Mana Geyser, Manamorphose, Mystic Retrieval, Past in Flames, Pull from Tomorrow, Ral, Storm Conduit, Reiterate, Repeated Reverberation, Reverberate, Seething Song, Shreds of Sanity, Simic Charm, Simic Signet, Snap, Stroke of Genius, Survivors' Encampment, Talisman of Creativity, Talisman of Curiosity, Talisman of Impulse, Treasure Cruise, Turnabout, Twincast, Underworld Breach, Utopia Sprawl, Wild Growth, Windfall
1 month ago
Golos, Tireless Pilgrim just gets nuts.
The idea is to ramp; Arcane Signet, Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Birds of Paradise, Boundless Realms, Chromatic Lantern, Cultivate, Dockside Extortionist, Dryad of the Ilysian Grove, Exploration, Far Wanderings, Farseek, Kodama's Reach, Noble Hierarch, Oracle of Mul Daya, Rampant Growth, Revel in Riches, Search for Tomorrow, Sol Ring.
get Golos, Tireless Pilgrim in play and start using him
with Swarm Intelligence, and/or Thousand-Year Storm it gets stormy real quick. Lots of things can stack up to build your storm count which can either generate enough mana to go through your entire deck.
There are several win cons: Brass's Bounty, Dockside Extortionist, & Revel in Riches provide a passive wincon. A stormed Expropriate or Treacherous Terrain is a nice finisher, once you have more mana than you can use (which isn't hard) you can blow everything up with Zacama, Primal Calamity or steal all of you opponents stuff Agent of Treachery
2 months ago
Hey ZorkKnight, thanks for the suggestions. I used to run Reality Spasm in here and while it fits the theme and can serve as a decent combo piece (e.g. infinite mana with Reiterate), it was never my go to infinite engine choice so I ended up swapping it at some point - it just felt clunky compared to cards like Reset or Turnabout.
I'm into the proliferate idea with Flux Channeler! Efficient casting cost & bonus points for being a wizard as well. Definitely up for consideration.
2 months ago
Looks good. You might like these: Docent of Perfection Flip, Metallurgic Summonings, Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper, Swarm Intelligence, Turnabout, Archaeomancer, Quasiduplicate, Spellseeker, Cackling Counterpart, Rite of Replication, Snap, Depths of Desire, Pirate's Prize, Nomads' Assembly, Clone Legion, Deploy to the Front
2 months ago
Elemental Bond should draw you two cards for every hydra and 1 for every other x-spell.
You could consider Primal Rage as another way to get trample but one which is harder to remove than a creature.
Beast Within is some of the best removal you can get with green. And as a bonus, your trample-y hydras shouldn't care about a 3/3.
Curse of the Swine is good removal and is basically a one sided board wipe.
2 months ago
Your average converted mana cost is low enough to go to 33 or 34 if you had mana dorks.
- Holdout Settlement and Survivors' Encampment are just Springleaf Drum on lands. These are reasonable, depending on how hard your game plans need Kalamax or not.
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter: Rashmi is incremental advantage. You and both know that you are going to play cards on other people’s turns, so why not get free stuff for doing so? Wavebreak Hippocamp does the same thing if you want more of this effect.
- Birds of Paradise, Llanowar Elves, Elvish Mystic, Arbor Elf, Priest of Titania, Rattleclaw Mystic. I prefer creature-based ramp if I’m playing . Most of these cards will Pod into Corridor Monitor, Deceiver Exarch, and Pestermite.
- Spellseeker: Spellseeker grabs most of the instants and sorceries in your deck and more food for Prime Speaker
- Torrential Gearhulk: Snapcaster Mage #2 aka Fatcaster mage. The 5/6 body is nice for when games go longer than expected.
- Thing in the Ice
Flip: I noticed that you don’t have ways to protect yourself. If played earlier, you can flip Thing in the Ice and reset that battlefield. It was dumb in other formats, it’s dumb in EDH as well.
- Niv-Mizzet, Parun: End-game beater and a storm card. Not necessary but strong.
- Creature Tutors: Finale of Devastation, Eldritch Evolution, and Neoform. More tutors for consistency.
Instants and Sorceries
- Reality Shift and Rapid Hybridization: Good removal outside of and . Do you really care about a 3/3 beast or a 2/2 manifest token? I don’t……
- Manamorphose: Just a good cantrip in Temur.
- Swan Song: Another good counter spell, but you have that covered pretty well. Once again, no one cares about one 2/2 bird….no one…
- Reiterate: Goes infinite with Turnabout and Dramatic Reversal and or more mana. However, I think Isochron Scepter is just better if infinite mana is the goal.
- Nature's Lore: This is only and grabs any forest onto the battlefield. Most of the time, you are going to tutor for Forest, so why not grab Breeding Pool instead?
- Raging Ravine: Ok, it has your colors. Are you ever going to activate this man-land? Also, it comes in tapped. Gross….
- Arch of Orazca: I think Arch is better in decks that lack access to card draw. You’re in . Drawing cards, most of the time, is not going to be a problem for you.
- Frilled Mystic and Mystic Snake: I’ve fallen for this trap too. I don’t want to pay for a counterspell on a weak 2/2 body. Compare these two cards to other mana spells like Cryptic Command. This cards counters, protects, and draws cards. I prefer utility creatures with more flexibility.