|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Inventors (DDU)||None|
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis (DDR)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Knights vs. Dragons (DDG)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana (DDD)||Common|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Treetop Village enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add to your mana pool.
: Treetop Village becomes a 3/3 green Ape creature with trample until end of turn. It's still a land.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||acbooster , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , thetechzombie , CastleSiege , Joblaska , Hellsing , that_guy_43 , tragic_slip , Roadhog , TehDelta , frederiklw , TheDuggernaught , corys , nathanrcfell , Melmo , mziter501 , XxCataclysmiCxX , grandmaaaaa|
|Want (23)||ForsakenRequiem , Blue_Otaku_No.1 , xafeara , NoSkillManiac , CrotchRocket , samuel.heersink , Stryfe_ , TheDuggernaught , LotusPhi , LuckMisesack , kovellen , Arcaedic , snoopywashere , buildingadeck , scooter1265 , Skwarka , Cacosan , turtlezbehatin , Jspeed , guacachole , eleventhend , Mortiferus_Rosa , ExultantCultist94|
Treetop Village Discussion
1 week ago
1 week ago
Thanks for the input will defenetly consider it. The reason I have Grim Flayer, Treetop Village and Raging Ravine is my bugdet right now. I cant afford another Dark Confidant and 3x Verdant Catacombs atm :(
1 week ago
I would run Street Wraith over Liliana of the Veil. Cut Raging Ravine and Treetop Village for 4 Verdant Catacombs, and find room for Gurmag Angler. Also, swap Grim Flayer for another Dark Confidant.
Arguel's Blood Fast Flip is interesting as a pseudo Bob.
Lose the Terminate for Fatal Push and Assassin's Trophy #3.
on Budget Jund
3 weeks ago
This is pretty good. +1
I would cut one Hissing Quagmire for a second Treetop Village. Kitchen Finks is also a good budget card to keep you alive long enough to get things going if Scooze and Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip aren't getting it done. Your mana base is very painful with all of the Fetch/Shocking required to play on curve.
Risk Factor is something I've seen a lot of Jund decks adding in. I'm still not sold on it, but I'll be following along to see how it does. Once they realize your playing a budget build, they will most likely take the 4 damage. Though there aren't many giveaways besides Hissing Quagmire, Mishra's Bauble and Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip.
If your budget is $700, I wouldn't waste it on the mana base. Outside of Raging Ravine and Overgrown Tomb there really isn't a need for the rest in a budget build. Sulfurous Springs and Karplusan Forest can go a long way in a budget deck. You have almost $200 tied up in the mana base with Shocks and fetches. That plus your remaining $100 is enough to get a playset of Tarmogoyf. Especially if you cut Grim Flayer. Which, also frees up 2 slots to cut Mishra's Bauble for Lightning Bolt and maybe Abrupt Decay.
You've got a solid build here though. I just think for the budget you have, there are better things to spend it on.
I've got a ~$250 build that uses and +1/+1 Counters to steal games from unprepared opponents.
1 month ago
Very well. Here goes;
First and foremost, mana is very important. Your calculation is spot on. However, the & need a little bit of tuning. The base could go down slightly, while elevating your sources due to necessity. So, for example - Hinterland Harbor could become Blooming Marsh. Also, for your off color fetchlands (I know that they serve their purpose), if possible, try to make trades for Polluted Delta. It would seriously make all the difference. On another note; man lands are extremely useful in midrange/control shells. I know that Creeping Tar Pit is slightly expensive, but Lumbering Falls is a decent replacement, along with Treetop Village. The choice is yours regarding those two.
Now, as for actual meat & bones, I would start with the creature selection. I know that Snapcaster Mage is expensive, but Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip is a great substitute. the only drawbackis that Jace does not have Flash, however, Jace has reoccurring card selection and may or may not grant better draws.
Also, Scavenging Ooze is a very nice inclusion and gets larger with time, while helping out against weaker matchups, i.e. burn, dredge.
So for creature changes, in my humble opinion - I would do something like this:
4x Grim Flayer
Now, onto non-creature spells. Personally, removing Seasons Past, Disdainful Stroke, Disallow, and other clunkier spells would intensify this decks pressure aspect. I would also work on finding a way to trade or save up for some allotment of Assassin's Trophy. The card does what Abrupt Decay cannot when necessary. Allow me to make a suggestion;
-2x Spell Pierce
-1x Seasons Past
-3x Serum Visions
+1x Cast Down Hits Tron creatures and big bodies that Push cannot.
these two Jaces just do not apply enough pressure/concern for their mana investment.
for any of these as you see fit
+(x) Ob Nixilis Reignited
+(x) Jace Beleren
I hope that this assists you in your journey to build . feel free to pick my brain and pardon me for the late reply friend.
1 month ago
Hi! Looks like a sweet start to a Merfolk deck (a deck I've wanted to build myself for quite a while)! Here are some recommendations:
- Seafloor Oracle is a pretty powerful card draw engine when you can get it online early
- Merfolk Mistbinder is another 2-mana lord
- Forerunner of the Heralds and Merrow Harbinger are good tutors
- Tatyova, Benthic Druid is just a good card in Commander, and the fact that she's a merfolk is just an added bonus
- Murkfiend Liege, Seedborn Muse, and Paradox Engine help you activate Kumena's abilities many times in a turn cycle.
- Surgespanner can be a house, bouncing tons of permanents each turn, as you can tap it for free
- Cryptolith Rite is good ramp and a strong "tap outlet"
- Lightning Greaves is good at protecting Kumena or any other powerful creature you may have
- Kodama's Reach should be in every green deck
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip can make a ton of mana, and helps you dig towards your creatures as well.
- Beast Within is an extremely powerful removal spell
- Treetop Village and Lumbering Falls; manlands are so much worse in Commander than in 60-card formats
- Remote Isle; blue and green have better ways to draw cards than cycling away your lands
- Vivid Creek and Vivid Grove; green has much better mana fixing
- Bioshift doesn't really do anything
- Tideshaper Mystic is the same; cutting one opponent off of mana doesn't do much, and 1/1s for 1 that die to board wipes are mediocre at best.
- World Shaper isn't really where you want to be; you don't have a ton of graveyard synergies
- River's Rebuke isn't my favorite board wipe in Commander, even in blue/green. I'd play Devastation Tide instead.
- Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep just does too little for 10 mana. If you're spending 10 mana on a single card, that card should be winning you the game.
- Talrand, Sky Summoner, as you don't have a ton of spell synergies
- True-Name Nemesis is good, but mainly in Legacy. In Commander, a 3/1 that just one player can't interact with is bad.
- Shapers of Nature is a decent mana sink, but I think you'd rather just be doing something else with your mana.
Hope this helps! If you'd like me to explain some of my choices more, or if you want help on another deck, feel free to leave a comment on my profile, and I'll take a look as soon as I can!
1 month ago
Also how about some discard mixed in. Stop some threats before they hit the table, also it's crucial considering how much of the meta isn't fair decks.
Since your deck is playing the long game Demon's Horn could help out.
1 month ago
Collective Brutality is gonna be a powerhouse for you, particularly with some of the more clunky cards in here and the value you can get from discarding lands. I see incidental life gain being insanely valuable for you, given your general slowness. Perhaps in the place of some of the maindeck Thoughtseize or that one random Abrupt Decay
If you can't tutor for the excavator, I don't think it's excellent.
There's 12 3 drop payoff cards in the list, which I think it probably overkill. Between souls, tracker, and knight, I think the slot is overloaded. Since you're already vulnerable to grave hate, I might consider going down to 2-3 Knights. Maybe trim a Life from the Loam too?
4x Treetop Village also might be overkill, given you have so many low drop black spells that you want to cast. I'm pretty sure the list wants at least another swamp.
There should probably be a Scavenging Ooze maindeck in your grindy BG deck.