|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Destroy all creatures, then search target opponent's library for up to three creature cards and put them into his or her graveyard. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
Life's Finale Discussion
2 days ago
I would try to add some more red cards personally to have a more even mana spread as you don't want to ever be locked out of any cards unless you want to only splash red (although red has lots of good cards such as seen below)
THE WITTLE - Purphoros, God of the Forge
3 weeks ago
I would suggest more ramp artifacts like Dimir Amulet and a couple of more lands. I would also suggest more wrath effects cards like Damnation and its cheaper, but still great, alternatives like Life's Finale . I see that you put some bounce effects cards like Cyclonic Rift but for example Tragic Slip could be easily replaced by a mass removal. The two things i want to stress out are: 1) try not to miss land drop and try to ramp as fast as possible, 2) mass removals to get rid of all your opponents' threats.
For the rest i see you put in some tutor cards, some cards to protect your commander. I would also add some draw engine like Rhystic Study , Phyrexian Arena and similar cards just to be sure you draw enough cards.
1 month ago
So first off I just want to say sorry if you have a budget and I recommend some cards outside of price range, but here are some suggestions from me:
Cards to take out
- Murder I get that you say that there aren't many planeswalkers in your meta, but sometimes just having the option to hit them on a card that is the same mana cost and does everything else Murder does is just a better option like Hero's Downfall or like you said you fight voltron decks like Zurgo Helmsmasher a card like Vraska's Contempt is a better removal card as it exiles or only one more colorless mana.
- Isareth the Awakener while she is a reanimator, she also exiles the cards when they leave the battlefield which can hurt if you reanimate something you don't want to lose.
- Lotleth Giant - sounds like a good card when you first look at it but it requires set up and costs 7 mana. Not ideal.
- Necrotic Wound - same with the Lotleth Giant , it takes too much set up and there are better spot removal or board wipes
- Open the Graves now here me out on this one, this card is really good in a deck that wants to sacrifice their own creatures, but this looks to be more token focused which means that majority of your creatures that die don't have Open the Graves to trigger.
- Bontu's Monument it is a good card but it looks like you are going to try and cast more non-creature spells than creature spells
- Board wipes like Life's Finale or if you wanna get expensive Damnation
- Paradox Haze this card is a fun one of mine as it allows The Scarab God to have his beginning of upkeep trigger twice dealing hefty damage.
- Phyrexian Altar this card can win as it gives you deck infinite combos with Gravecrawler if you want the deck to go into that direction
- Tutors Tutors Tutors! cards like Sidisi, Undead Vizier or Diabolic Tutor are always musts in black decks as it can help you find answers or wincons when the situation calls for it. These are just a few ideas I have! If you want any more ideas please let me know!
What to put in?So what do we put in? We have a few options based on what you like:
1 month ago
I find Life's Finale works well with Tariel - not only are board wipes appreciated, you can also put your opponent's three best creatures straight into his graveyard from his library, giving Tariel a chance to bring them back later. Likewise, Magewright's Stone and Thousand-Year Elixir gives Tariel more chances to reanimate creatures every turn. Swiftfoot Boots and Lightning Greaves let her get moving a turn earlier and provide some much-needed protection, too!
1 month ago
2 months ago
so on tcgplayer the deck is $4.51, you can add some board wipes that target all creatures or everything, like Life's Finale , Plague Wind , or Decree of Pain , some are more than .25c but you can remove a few lands and stay under 10, I bought and played the deck and this is where some of its weaknesses were, not enough things to destroy enchantments and get rid of a board full of creatures, especially if someone has an enchantment that doesn't let you target their creatures
2 months ago
I think those are some really nice cuts, can't agree with you more except for one. Call to the Grave I would play, it's a decent card wich put's pressure on your opponents. Instead I would take out Geth, Lord of the Vault . If you don't have the money for Damnation then the more expensive Life's Finale is alright.
Things to cut for your counterspells, Dread Summons yes, Dark Salvation yes, Living Death no. The last one is really to good to cut, especially if you gonna keep your opponents graveyards empty of value with your commander. Grimgrin, Corpse-Born I would cut as well, since he wants to sac stuff, but your ethernalized creatures will be gone forever if you sac him to grimgrin. If you really need a sac outlet I would go for Yahenni, since she can survive boardwhipes.
Other slot's im not so sure about are: Midnight Reaper and i'm sorry Bontu's Monument The monument does not provide any bonus in activating your God more than once, only provides a discount on casting spells. A true mana rock would be a better choice for this slot, since it can be used for both! Mind Stone for example. The lifeloss the monument gives, your commander will provide as well. Don't forget about Paradox Haze wich gives you 2 upkeeps ;)
Hope this helps again! And you know where to find me if you want to discuss some more! :)
Life's Finale occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%