|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Destroy all creatures, then search target opponent's library for up to three creature cards and put them into his or her graveyard. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (24)||rebelteddybear , ironax , bakunet , Supremespeed , Dyobsemaj , chrysaries , Spinalripper , jstn.mrrtt , Fairseas , Florg , techneil , Sav547 , Kleptozaniac , , geazykagar , bfarber91 , coyler2016 , metljoe , Ashy , Lindough , acbooster , Nemesis , MrCrazzyc , Unjust_DiabIo|
|Want (39)||mini_tb , Iveliᴓs , darbodeluxe , ukwilkie , Raeyic , TotalSundae , Slymaster9 , Luftwaffle , RegenaldJes , GriffinL , guacachole , absciss , TheEyesOfLife , gorsloth1 , Wolfninja , afeuling , CarlyRaeJepsenMTG , hardstyleginja , Dakini , SlickWizard , DerektheRed , tazartheyoot , Sicohippy , Xphasmatis , mango_channel , squirrel009 , lmsmq , austinrowlett , miniramlok , MAGESTIC_LLAMA , Lordaether , moonmonster , Desol4tion , Gryffix , ZombieFood , AzusaLostButSeaking , marsp44 , CharizardFTW , nessmen|
Life's Finale Discussion
2 weeks ago
The animate dead can reanimate any cool creature and the Altar can help you self mill to get dudes in your bin to reanimate with Meren if you are drawing dead or just mill out your opponents if you can loop reanimation somehow.
Decree is cheap costing but mana heavy. The card draw is bananas and even cycling it can hose weenie decks!
2 weeks ago
I need some help deciding to remove some cards to make it 100 cards commander legal, it’s 105 right now.
Throw me some ideas to add or replace cards too. Feel free to criticize me, tell me if there should be changes. First time really trying to put a deck together. I think I’m having mana and creature cost issues? I’m not sure? Thanks!
3 weeks ago
Hey i see you have a damnation in there, but imo the extra 2 cmc for Life's Finale is worth it for Mimeoplasm
1 month ago
I’m noticing a lot of single target removal, which is fine. Personally, I prefer more global effects (like Fleshbag Marauder) that scale better in a multiplayer game. Maybe cut Walk the Plank and other sourcery-speed answers for this kind of effect. The same can be said about Cabal Therapy type effects. They’re pretty good in 1v1 matches to pick out stuff you’d otherwise have trouble dealing with, but in multiplayer they don’t do enough.
Black has a ton of great sweepers that seem like they would fit into the deck. Damnation is the best, but Life's Finale, Decree of Pain, and Deadly Tempest are all great effects to have that won’t cost you as much, and will clear the board more effectively than Flaying Tendrils and Yahenni's Expertise.
The Disentomb effects seem kinda counterintuitive to the reanimation plan. With this kind of deck, your trying to cheat something big out early, not get something back to hand where it will either stay for multiple turns or cost a ton of mana to get back.
Hope this helps!
1 month ago
I wrote a ton and then realized I should probably ask what decks your playgroup plays, because idk if I should be recommending graveyard hate when your opponents might not utilize their graves. Another example would be a green deck ramping really fast, in which case I would maybe recommend something like Magus of the Balance or land destruction like Armageddon to screw over the ramp that they've focused on early in the game.
Maybe I'm not getting something here, but what is Transcendence doing here? How does it pull its weight in any way? If its just to stall when you get to critically low health, why not Resolute Archangel instead?
Etherwrought Page looks incredibly slow, especially for 4 mana. The life gain is super small, the damage is even smaller, and if you're using it for the filter ability, go with Search for Azcanta Flip instead.
Necromancer's Covenant is decent lifegain + it hates a graveyard for you.
No Solemn Simulacrum? This deck probably needs all the ramp it can get.
Darksteel Forge seems weird here, even if it does keep your commander alive (and I guess your mana rocks too, but I wouldn't deem those as needing protection at the point when you've got 9 mana that you can drop on the forge). I think I'd go with a protection equipment, like Darksteel Plate, and if not that then Lightning Greaves or Swiftfoot Boots.
No Austere Command? Its like Merciless Eviction but probably better.
I think I'd go Words of Waste over Words of Wind. Wind is just going to let them return a good ETB permanent to their hand, or a land if the game has gone late enough. Can't imagine it'll ever force something like a threatening creature or Planeswalker back to the hand. Not sure if I'd actually even recommend Words of Waste with your draw capabilities in this deck, but I'd definitely say get rid of Words of Wind.
Aura of Silence is solid all around. Its a nightmare for enchant/artifact decks, and otherwise its 3 mana sorcery speed to destroy an artifact/enchantment already on the field that can be cast preemptively.
Binding Grasp seems weird. Not sure what is good about it over something like Bribery or Acquire, and perhaps even Sower of Temptation in some ways (depends on how much removal that opponent runs, I suppose).
Praetor's Grasp seems really slow, and if you're looking to just rob them of a card, Sadistic Sacrament is nuts for that (especially for removing combos!). Life's Finale also doubles as a board wipe if that was your goal. If you really wanted to play the card yourself instead, then just go with Bribery, or put that good card that they have in your deck too, because paying 3 more mana for nearly any card seems S L O W.
Speaking of board wipes, your deck is pretty low on them. You've got single target removal like Darksteel Mutation but if you're up against 3 people, how much is that gonna help? I think I'd rather pay the 2 more mana for Wrath of God and all of its cousins.
Pulse of the Dross, how often does that come in handy? They're gonna reveal the 3 least important cards in their hand, and with such a slow deck I imagine you'll almost always have more cards in hand than most players.
Spellseeker is just good imo, I'd recommend it to nearly anyone running blue.
Depending on the decks you play against, Containment Priest can be an even better counterspell (against reanimation) that not only disrupts your opponents but also offers you a chump blocker.
You also don't seem to have a win-con, as I see the previous commenter mentioned, but perhaps your win-con could just be considered disrupting your opponents so much with your deck + your commander's ability that you drain them of all of their value, in which case you definitely need more protection for your commander than the Darksteel Forge and counterspells you're running.
2 months ago
Seguendo la linea di analisi che ti ho descritto nel vocale e partendo dal principio che piuttosto che una carta scarsa è meglio un Relentless Rats, ti dico:
- Dirty Wererat è scarso, toglilo.
- Mortal Combat è forte se giochi un mazzo che si automilla/scarta molto, altrimenti rischia di diventare inutile, io la toglierei.
- Death Denied è situazionale, rischi di non usarla affatto, così come Gravepurge. Il tuo obbiettivo è avere tante creature in campo, non tante creature al cimitero per usare queste due carte. Togli entrambi e metti il Beacon of Unrest, che può anche riprendere il Thornbite Staff (anche quello di un avversario), che è una win condition.
- Go for the Throat è forte, ma ti serve? Idem per Malicious Affliction. A te le creature non nere o non artefatto non interessano, perché tanto sono quelle che non possono bloccare i tuoi ratti con paura. Toglili entrambi e metti Archetype of Finality, così il giocatore in difesa ci pensa due volte prima di bloccare un topo 1/1, o ad attaccarti.
- Thousand-Year Elixir ti fa stappare Marrow-Gnawer una volta sola, mentre Sword of the Paruns te lo fa fare quante volte vuoi, switchale.
- Trova un posto per Illusionist's Bracers. Sacrifichi un solo topo, ma fai l'abilità due volte. Magari togli un Relentless Rats, o mettila al posto di una delle carte non terra che toglierei, come i due qua sotto.
- Gnat Miser e Locust Miser mi fanno pensare, perché sono facilmente counterati da una Reliquary Tower, nel caso toglili. In effetti, il tuo non è un mazzo fatto per far scartare... non hai Nekusar, the Mindrazer in zona di comando, ecco. Io li toglierei.
- Swarmyard è forte, ma vale 10 euro? Come rapporto prestazioni/prezzo, meglio una Swamp.
- Terramorphic Expanse in un mazzo monocolore è utile come i cavoli a merenda, metti una Swamp.
- Sign in Blood la usi una volta e basta, mentre Carnage Altar, Vampiric Rites e Phyrexian Vault le riusi. Io cercherei di metterle tutte e tre al posto di carte che sarebbe meglio togliere o di qualche Relentless Rats.
- Whip of Erebos non mi sembra particolarmente adatta qui, toglila. Non hai bisogno né di lifelink, né di recursion che poi esilia. -Crypt Ghast e Caged Sun servono se hai cose grosse da lanciare, non per lanciare tante cose piccole (perché in quel caso finiresti solo per finire le carte in mano e basta), io le toglierei, tanto la tua curva è bassa.
- Profane Command, Life's Finale ed Extinguish All Hope non ti servono molto, poiché ti riprendi in fretta dai boardwipe. Metti piuttosto qualcosa che fa resistere Marrow-Gnawer ai boardwipe, come ad esempio Unhallowed Pact, Undying Evil, Supernatural Stamina o Rescue from the Underworld (almeno i primi tre mettili). Se ci pensi, io, nel mazzo di Meren of Clan Nel Toth, non ho nessun boardwipe, però funziona lo stesso, perché ho modi diversi di interagire con la board. Il tuo mazzo, in modo diverso, fa la stessa cosa. Se stai attaccando con 10 ratti con paura e deathtouch dall'Archetype of Finality o semplicemente casti Sudden Spoiling (che puoi castare anche se non sei tu il giocatore attaccante) dopo che il giocatore in difesa dichiara i bloccanti, o dopo che tu hai dichiarato i bloccanti, non è quasi la stessa cosa?
2 months ago
Sorry for the long silence. I have made quite a few changes over the last few months, but I kept forgetting to update the Primer! I'll list them below, then go ahead and update everything else! I also like the new Rot Hulk, but I am not sure what I want to take out yet.
3 months ago
Your deck seems a little low on card draw. You might want to consider adding] Read the Bones, Night's Whisper, Ambition's Cost, Reprocess and Damnable Pact (the latter can double as a life drain spell).
Also, in a deck with so many expendable creatures, Eliminate the Competition seems like an excellent removal spell.