Creature — Rhino
Lieutenant — At the beginning of combat on your turn, if you control your commander, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
|Want (2)||yourfavoritenoob , Th3_Fl0r1st|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Loyal Guardian occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Loyal Guardian Discussion
1 month ago
Some potential cards. Most of these might be side-grades or out of budget but are worth noting in the Maybeboard. I have a few of these:
Creatures are obviously optimal, what with elf anthems and counters and stuff. I would try to squeeze in the first three if you can. The tempo of getting your commander down on turn 2 is amazing.
Fyndhorn Elves , Priest of Titania , Boreal Druid , Farhaven Elf , Leyline of Abundance , Castle Garenbrig , Llanowar Tribe , Overgrowth , Reap and Sow , Kodama's Reach , Explosive Vegetation , Nature's Lore , Ranger's Path , Skyshroud Claim , Grow from the Ashes , Emerald Medallion , Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, Harrow , Circuitous Route
Rishkar's Expertise , Soul's Majesty , Mirror Shield , Zendikar Resurgent , Primal Rage , Heroic Intervention , Return to Nature , Overwhelming Stampede , Overrun , Beastmaster Ascension , Loxodon Warhammer , Colossal Majesty , Rancor , Vivien, Champion of the Wilds , Blossoming Defense , Withstand Death , Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Momentous Fall , Nature's Claim , Once and Future , Regrowth , Wildest Dreams , Road of Return , Creeping Corrosion , Season of Growth , Blanchwood Armor , Sandwurm Convergence , Garruk, Primal Hunter , Vivien Reid , Vivien of the Arkbow , Ghost Quarter ,
Aspect of Mongoose is nice but prevents untapping shenanigans with your commander.
Some obvious out-of-budget stuff here and some lower-powered stuff too but I'll suggest them for posterity.
Llanowar Reborn , Karn's Bastion , Forge of Heroes , The Great Henge , Incubation Druid , Loyal Guardian , Tuskguard Captain , Pollenbright Druid , Solidarity of Heroes , Biogenic Upgrade , Durable Handicraft , Planewide Celebration , Courage in Crisis , Verdant Confluence , Bow of Nylea , Contagion Clasp , Contagion Engine , Hydra's Growth , Path of Discovery , Retreat to Kazandu , Forced Adaptation , Evolutionary Escalation , New Horizons , Nissa, Voice of Zendikar , Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter , Vivien, Arkbow Ranger , Kalonian Hydra , Arbor Armament , Stony Strength , Savage Summoning , Hunger of the Howlpack , Soul's Might , The Crowd Goes Wild , Armory of Iroas , Weapon Rack , Predatory Hunger , Primeval Bounty
I have a Drove of Elves I'm not using
1 month ago
Okay buddy here we go!
I think we need to fix a lot of things here. Ramp is an easy fix, we'll get some more instant/sorceries that get lands because they are safest. Then we'll work on getting more counters on Hallar in more efficient ways. We'll also swap out some of your kicker spells for other kicker spells that do better things.
Cards to look at:
- Snake Umbra It's protection and draw
- Ordeal of Nylea Counters and ramp
- Wolfbriar Elemental an "eh" kicker but lots of tokens if you get the mana
- Vigor awesome against Neheb and Torbran
- Verduran Emissary kicker and removal
- Thicket Elemental kicker and free creature, but it costs a lot so maybe not
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal another hardened scales
- Mold Shambler kicker and removal (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Citanul Woodreaders kicker and draw (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Rishkar's Expertise draw and free spell
- Greater Good is good for drawing cards in the event a board wipe or removal happens. Yeah you have to discard 3 but who cares when you're hopefully drawing 8+ by sacking Hallar
- Return of the Wildspeaker another draw or a buff
- Hunter's Insight Since Hallar has trample you'll definitely get cards, but this can be 3 mana draw 8+ if he's unblocked
- Canopy Surge cheap kicker that also hits players so you can bring them down lower
- Chandra's Ignition boardwipe/damage players
- Breath of Darigaaz cheap kicker that also jits players
- Quest for Pure Flame cheap damage doubler to help you close a game. One Hallar activation puts 3 counters on it.
- Hour of Devastation solid boardwipe that hopefully won't kill Hallar
- Tectonic Reformation For cycling lands
- Solidarity of Heroes cheap kicker that doubles counters
- Heroic Intervention protection
- Savage Offensive cheap kicker that's a combat trick sorta
- Blade of the Bloodchief might be good with Elenda and Teysa sacking all those creatures.
- Primal Vigor double counters
- Llanowar Reborn easy +1 at the cost of it coming in tapped, great in opening hand
- Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter mana and +1s
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade mana and +1s
- Forgotten Ancient more counters
- Farseek 2 mana ramp
- Sakura-Tribe Elder 2 mana ramp
- Rampant Growth 2 mana ramp
- Nature's Lore 2 mana ramp
- Kodama's Reach 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Cultivate 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Explore 2 mana ramp and draw
Cards to maybe cut
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking only good early game or if you're drawing a ton of cards, replace with any 2 mana ramp card
- Elvish Visionary replace with Explore
- Grand Warlord Radha Looking to go lower on creatures, replace with 2 mana ramp spell
- Grunn, the Lonely King replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Loyal Guardian replace with better +1 counter option
- Rummaging Goblin Replace with better draw
- Savage Ventmaw 2 mana ramp spell
- Servant of the Scale replace with better +1 counter
- Skizzik replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Untamed Kavu replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Fog You know I don't like these but I know you like them. I'd replace with Heroic Intervention
- Magmatic Insight replace with Tectonic reformation
- Expedite replace with draw spell
- Darksteel Ingot 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Locket 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Cluestone 2 mana ramp
- Repercussion is way, waaaaaaaaaaaay to risky now with Neheb AND torbran. replace with anything really
- Forced Adaptation Replace with better +1 or doubler
- Radha, Heir to Keld replace with 2 mana ramp spell
So with all that I hope you're mana will be more consistant and your draw will be more powerful, then you'll be able to dump more counters on Hallar and snipe some wins. If not, your kicker spells will have more impact because they'll draw or remove or ramp. Focus on the 2cmc ramp cards, then swap out the kicker spells, then get those draw cards in there.
Here's a Deck you can also look at
3 months ago
I like it. I don't know the age of your son, but it seems rather user-friendly. That is one of the nice features of these colors. I would suggest more card advantage. Perhaps something like a Skullclamp , Shamanic Revelation of maybe even a Dawn of Hope .
For green, it seems to be lacking in ramp. There is no shortage of ramp in these colors, but consider Cryptolith Rite .
Beastmaster Ascension is pretty much a must for any token deck.
Oketra is nice and works here. The other Oketra would be nice too God-Eternal Oketra .
4 months ago
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 1 | 11 COMMENTS | 213 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
NOTICE BEFORE QUESTION: Initially, this was meant to be a Mayael the Anima deck all around; even conforming to newer; & better standards. Then, after several thoughts over her, I wanted to make a WAY better Mayael the Anima -Deck. Atla Palani, Nest Tender was just that. Saccing Eggs to find some of the Most Powerful that Mayael can also do. But I believe that after what I get after all this, Mayael will only be an Afterthought. Questions? Well, here we go...
Q1: In terms of Range of Power; The Magic No. is 4 Power. Namely Stuff w/ Great Effects; 4+ Powered Powerhouses, & just great effects. What do you think is the best out of the ones Printed as of currently? There are so many, I can't mention them all...
Q2: Oh, almost forgot. Assuming the Sac Engines needed to make Egg Tokens that create Monsters w/ incredible power, what exactly would you want to cut & proceed? Also: SACRIFICES MUST BE MADE. (As of this update: this has 127 Cards now.)
Q3: While I've an optimal amount of Instants, I have much fewer SORCERIES. Does this deck need anymore of them, or is it just fine?
Q4 FINAL: The whole purpose of this deck is to bring an entire army to the table in ONE TURN. Since this is /Naya/AGGRO, I want to know your thoughts for how to do it through sacking Eggs & bringing Fat to life in Adult Form. Based on these terms; how would you do this?
Finally, I have to ask: Am I doing too many Help Wanted Deck Help Threads? I'm just curious; that & I couldn't remember what I was initially going to say; that, & I'm apparently doing too little to help my case of trying all I can to help my problems; & from there, for such great people like you.
Hope this helps! :D
4 months ago
Forgotten Ancient. For that one, I just couldn't find one in my country yet. Will have to search better. Loyal Guardian took it's original slot.
6 months ago
To be fair Loyal Guardian is actually very strong while the others range from fair to meh. Given my experience with the format their abilities only provided one pretty strong commander with the rhino and nothing ban-worthy. The unicorns ability is a very fun, fair deck but has enough fragility that its not really dominating.
7 months ago
7 months ago
Witherscale Wurm taking wither damage won't trigger Hapatra, so there is not much point for him in he deck.
Are you really creating enough tokens to make Bloodflow Connoisseur , Bloodthrone Vampire and Carrion Feeder worthwhile? In my experience with myhapatra deck, the snakes are way to valuable to be sacrificed for a mere +1/+1 counter or +2/+2 until EoT on some creature with no evasion.
Fevered Convulsions , and Gnarled Effigy look terribly unefficient, for mana for a -1/-1 is way too much. I used to run Serrated Arrows and Trigon of Corruption but I ended up cutting them, maybe they could work fine in your deck as you are going strong on Proliferate. Now I'm testing Serrated Biskelion but I'm not completely sold on it, you know you never get to draw the cards you are trying out...
Decimator of the Provinces
is also way too costly, even if you emerge it, and all the trouble just for a wide +2/+2 trample; a simple
would give you a better bang for your mana.
will wipe most of your oponent's creatures and
Revenge of the Hunted
is a one player board wipe. I also find
to be an underrated card to spread counters on your creatures.
Canker Abomination will only get you a snake no matter how many counters it gets, so in the best case scenario it would be a 5/5 with one snake for four mana, its not really worth the deck slot. There are many creatures in the Amonkhet block that will do just that but better.
on the evasion department I would definetly cut Tawnos's Wand , Hot Soup has a bit of a drawback, but Hapatra only has toughness 2, so it won't be a big difference anyway and the card is really funny. Trailblazer's Boots is a bit more expensive, but I would still consider it a budget card.
These kind of decks are supper weak against board wipes, so I'd encourage you to include Golgari Charm or Wrap in Vigor .The best card for that task would be Heroic Intervention but it's getting more and more expensive every day.
If you want to check my Hapatra deck, it's this one Hapatra's death hosts